COSTA FARMS Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun environment
Financial Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Nice to work in Costa Farms. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help you. Executive level are very approachable. Will recommend to anyone.
Pros
Free Coffee, gym.
Horrible work place not fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Get into work and there is trouble already plants are not in the proper place others are damaged, so know we all have to work hard and over our physical limit. Organization skill and how to deal with people that don't want to hear what's right or wrong. my supervisor was vary understanding but in all vary unprofessional. my coworkers are all again vary understanding but vary unprofessional and unorganized. loading any of the trees was a task but went fast.
I didn't enjoy this job at all.
Pros
hour for lunch
Cons
15 min break for 12 hr days
Customer Feedback Calls, Shipment Tracking, Customer Reports, Administration, Data Entry
Customer Service Representative / Logistics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2015
I go by a timeline which projects/assignments are time sensitive and must be completed by a certain date. For example, calling our customers with ETA's for their deliveries; Our customers are smaller nurseries which we provide young plants or one inch plugs to; which they then finish growing out and resale. I send out shipment tracking information to our customers sales reps who are the third party, along with reports of any extra product they would like to add on if we have on hand. Our company TGS has two locations Miami and Asheville my direct manager handles the logistics for our Asheville location and I take care of Miami, along with shipping reports. Also, I perform weekly Customer Feedback calls which is what sets TGS apart from all other Young Plant providers. We follow up on our plugs, how the shipment came in and track the life span of the plant if any issues arise or disease occurs we will do our best to work with our growers and come up with a treatment or replacement. You also learn to deal with logistics and scheduling certain drivers to certain areas to assure the best quality and decrease dollars spent on freight.
Pros
Moving up quick on company ladder
Cons
Hectic environment, long work hours, No flexibility
IPM Coordinator / Finished Perennial Grower (Current Employee) –  Leicester, NCOctober 19, 2014
Love this job.

Management very upfront and honest. Everyone has a real since of a team environment.

Long hours - but love what I do.
Pros
hr lunch, plenty of opportunities, team players at all levels.
Cons
hours can be taxing....sometimes.
Working with flowers all day
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
Very peaceful and relaxing working with flowers and shrubs all day by myself.Helping customers with their questions about their garden and building and designing end caps with product.
Pros
working with flowers
Cons
part time
Excellent Company to work for!
Payroll & Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
I was with Costa Farms for 6 years, and no two days were the same, which was great and it kept me busy and sharp!

I learned so much from my co-workers, skills that are invaluable, and management always had an open-door policy.

I would have stayed with them for many years to come if it not had been for me moving outside of the country. They are a great company, one of the best aspects about them was that they were a large corporation, but had that family environment that made it easy to love.
Was a pleasure to serve the customers and build relationships with affiliates.
Supervisor and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southwest FloridaMarch 9, 2014
I enjoyed greatly the customers and the professional relationships I built and maintained along the way.
Pros
commissions
Cons
culture
Fun, Easy, but hard on finances and family
Movement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 9, 2014
Costa is a great place to work. The hours are not set which causes major problems. You dont know if you are working 8 hours or 14. You don't know if you are working 5 days or 7. The job itself is easy. The enviorment is fun. The bosses are very supportive. Advancement can happen quick. Pay is low and no overtime since it is agriculture. Benefits stink. If you can hold out and do good you will be rewarded but its hard to live on the low wages during that time.
Pros
fun, easy, quick advancement
Cons
wages, no benefits, and no set schedule.
Great place to work, plenty hours, and works with me on time off for class.
Greenhouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Leister, NCApril 27, 2013
Caring for flowers. I have learned how to get flowers and plants ready to ship and sale. The management will work right along side us if needed. Co-workers are help full and kind. Being on feet on concrete floors for 12hrs
Pros
working with flowers
Cons
the 12hr shifs, 6 days a week
Maintenace Department and Staff
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 12, 2012
1) My maintenace department was a disaster when I took the position, my staff nothing to work with equipment wise, no parts in stock, no form of direction and a multitude of issues. At the time of my arrival, I had to immediately set up vendors to supply everything we needed. the 1st two months we gutted the shop and threw or dent to a recycle area 95% of junk that was not usable and build a fully functionable maintenance shop. We set up an inventory system to measure what was going out for parts & supplies to an automatic replacement of items with my suppliers. I also had to implement a PM schedule, daily task sheets for my staff, and worked with setting some of my staff up to get some training for their job. We were able to build a shop that was functionable and supplied very well so my staff could do their jobs on a daily basis.

2) 75% of my staff are of Latino background and there was a communication problem, plus they're not US citizens, so I was actively working with them in order to allow them the opprotunity to get a GED, SS# and file for classes in industrial maintenance in the area. My staff was great, they were always willing and able to perform any task needed and believe me there was a lot to do everyday. Sometimes I would have to explain or work along side of them to do a task but everyone caught on very quickly and it made for a smooth transition.
Pros
flexible hours, i was free to run my department as i felt it needed to be run
Cons
low wages, no healthcare that anyone could afford
A day at Costa
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, NCSeptember 9, 2012
Costa offered good training for the positions they offered and once you learned your duties they let you work independantly which is what I like. Overall the management was very good, down to earth and cared about your needs. But like anywhere as long as you are doing your job properly you usually don't have any problems.
Pros
good work environment and good work/home balance
Cons
health care benefits were very pricey due to being a small company