CoStar Group

CoStar Group Employee Reviews

Great Company with a vision
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2016
CoStar has grown over the four years I worked there. Someone who is looking for work-life balance should look elsewhere. Company-wide changes are very slow and difficult. On the bright side, company has good benefits such as snacks, fruits, salads, and coffee/tea, and juices provided on the daily basis. Also, Segways and bikes are for all employees disposal. Company has on site free gym and 3x week yoga classes that are great. Vacation and health benefits are standard.
Pros
Free salads, fruits, yogurts, yoga classes, bikes & segways
Cons
Long work hours
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
CoStar is by far one of the best company's that I have ever worked for. 6 months ago I moved back home to Little Rock, AR and I continue to go back and forth to Memphis once a week to over see the market. CoStar is a company that has allowed me growth and development opportunities.
Pros
Customer Service, Multifamily
Cons
Memphis Market
Productive work place
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Costar helped me better my research skills as well as become fluent with Enterprise Application Systems. A typical day at work involved me getting to the office around 9 am, consulting with co workers for a few minutes, then getting right to work. We did a lot of projects in enterprise systems and Excel spreadsheets for majority of the day as well as worked in teams to finish some projects. My co-workers were pretty fun loving, social, hard working people that had a lot to offer in terms of knowledge. Our management team was very helpful and always open to questions. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers, the hardest part was when I first started learning the enterprise system, after understanding the system it became pretty straight forward. Overall I believe the company is a great place to work.
Good Entry Level Place for Recent Grads
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
CoStar is a good place to get your feet wet in the corporate world and the commercial real estate industry. Not much room for advancement. A lot of turnover and a lot of the managers do not have management experience.
Productive fun workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work, lots to learn, very motivating, great location. The company is inspiring, innovative, and ever changing.
Nice Place to Work Overall
Research - Community Caller/Project Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
Plenty of perks with Costar. Free breakfast and snacks. Nice culture, everyone is very young in the company,. I have been working here for a year and I can see that it is pretty hard to advance in the company
Not a good role and ok company to work for
Sales Analyst Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2015
Didn't enjoy working with this company. Unfair compensation and not willing to hire anyone to help when workload increased.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
bad pay and management
Don't work in the DC area!
Research Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2015
This place tries to lure new grads with the gym and free snacks but in actuality you receive extremely low pay for the massive amount work you have to complete. The company introduces you to cre industry bc it's a monopoly as far as research companies go but you be better off working for their clients. You can find another 40k job with better work life balance somewhere else.
Pros
Free snacks. A lot of young people
Cons
Upper management plays favorite, little upward mobility
Smile and Dial
Senior Multi-family Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2015
A glorified call center, many unattainable metrics that encourage you to make fraudulent calls. This is a job for someone fresh out of college.
Pros
Free Fruit, gym, benefits
Cons
Metrics, management, culture
fun and productive place to work
Apartment Guide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2015
great place to work if your in school or this a second job for you.
managers are great and they have healthy snacks in the break room
Very laid back and easy going fun place
Community caller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2015
I like this job. The management is very fun and everyone gets along well. The job is easy enough, it comes with its challenges but nothing I couldn't handle
Family Environment
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 10, 2015
Costar Group is the best place I have ever worked!!!!!

Work load is extremely manageable. If you work hard, you will get promoted. It's a family environment. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people you work with.
Pros
Break Room stocked with snacks
Great location, coworkers are great
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 31, 2015
It's a position highly focused on metrics. Your days are structured and told to do what you can work on and when. Compensation is good, co-workers are great, but there is a lot of red tape, politics, and not much chance for personal growth.
Pros
Free breakfast and snacks, good location, free
Cons
All about metrics, politics, no room for growth
great place to work
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 27, 2015
730 to 400 is my typical day good hour ,i learned a lot of floor tec skills, co workers are great , hardest part of the job is leaving to go home ,, i love the job the most for its, great pay and union benefits .
Pros
health dental vision
Cons
must work all weekends
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaAugust 6, 2015
Good to place to work especially if you just graduated college. You will definitely learn how to balance your tasks with your allotted work time.
Pros
Free food and meeting new friends
Cons
very stressful position
Productive and Very Busy
Accounts Payables Specialist (Current Employee) –  washington DCAugust 6, 2015
We are a very busy company that has grown very fast over the last two years. I have learned to multitask , train other employees so that they understand what they are doing and why. The hardest part of the job is things change so quickly and trying to communication. I really think CoStar is a great place to work , we do a lot of community services.
Pros
Free breakfast and fruits and fresh salad all day
Cons
Short breaks
it's okay
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2015
Lots of healthy perks such as fruit, salads, a gym, and free yoga classes. Good work/life balance, which can be fun especially since it's such a young environment.

Actual daily tasks can become monotonous.
Amazing work environment and people
Marketing/Advertising Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Create advertising for a living. Amazing experience. Over my twelve years I learned so much about print, production, binding, shipping, customer service and people. Worked with the most amazing group of people.
Unethical !
Call center rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
This job requires that you harass people on the phone for questions regarding apartment hunting. You are acting as a secret shopper to collect data and convince property owners you want to rent but you will never call them again. If you are asked if you are secret shopping you are told to lie and say no. Management was not on the same page. Job pays very well but I couldnt stand it.
Pros
free snacks, three breaks, good pay
Great first job.
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC.June 15, 2015
I learned that the typical working environment is changing. I learned that Senior management has a big impact on the output of those they manage.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits.
Cons
Senior Management.