CoStar Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company with a vision
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2016
CoStar has grown over the four years I worked there. Someone who is looking for work-life balance should look elsewhere. Company-wide changes are very slow and difficult. On the bright side, company has good benefits such as snacks, fruits, salads, and coffee/tea, and juices provided on the daily basis. Also, Segways and bikes are for all employees disposal. Company has on site free gym and 3x week yoga classes that are great. Vacation and health benefits are standard.
Pros
Free salads, fruits, yogurts, yoga classes, bikes & segways
Cons
Long work hours
Fun and Environmentally friendly workplace
Multi-family Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2016
Working at costar is a great career starter but Work quickly gets mundane. Young cohort and evolving and exciting work.

Career progression is stunted and but benefits are great. Requires being on the phone a lot.
Pros
Frequent free lunches, Management approachable
Cons
Daily routine gets boring
Productive work place
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Costar helped me better my research skills as well as become fluent with Enterprise Application Systems. A typical day at work involved me getting to the office around 9 am, consulting with co workers for a few minutes, then getting right to work. We did a lot of projects in enterprise systems and Excel spreadsheets for majority of the day as well as worked in teams to finish some projects. My co-workers were pretty fun loving, social, hard working people that had a lot to offer in terms of knowledge. Our management team was very helpful and always open to questions. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers, the hardest part was when I first started learning the enterprise system, after understanding the system it became pretty straight forward. Overall I believe the company is a great place to work.
Great company to learn the commercial real estate markets
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
It is hard work at times but a great immersion in to the commercial real estate market. You will talk to all of the major players in your assigned market and learn comparable writing to property analytics.
Pros
Food provided, free gym
Cons
High pace projects, quick demands
Lots of work needed
Director of Research (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2016
The company is highly profitable but much work is needed to be done to improve morale. Research has not made any significant improvements to the department. Some relatively simple technology changes could improve researchers day-to-day work.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Poor management and toxic work environment
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
CoStar is by far one of the best company's that I have ever worked for. 6 months ago I moved back home to Little Rock, AR and I continue to go back and forth to Memphis once a week to over see the market. CoStar is a company that has allowed me growth and development opportunities.
Pros
Customer Service, Multifamily
Cons
Memphis Market
Good Entry Level Place for Recent Grads
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
CoStar is a good place to get your feet wet in the corporate world and the commercial real estate industry. Not much room for advancement. A lot of turnover and a lot of the managers do not have management experience.
Don't work in the DC area!
Research Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2015
This place tries to lure new grads with the gym and free snacks but in actuality you receive extremely low pay for the massive amount work you have to complete. The company introduces you to cre industry bc it's a monopoly as far as research companies go but you be better off working for their clients. You can find another 40k job with better work life balance somewhere else.
Pros
Free snacks. A lot of young people
Cons
Upper management plays favorite, little upward mobility
Young culture
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
Pretty cool place to work. Awesome employee benefits and as long as you have a cool manager your work days won't be too stressful. Great place to get professional experience and work with peers. Perfect for young to mid 20's
Community Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2016
Pay wasn't great, needed more money due to student loans. I wouldn't recommend this company to college graduates. Upon graduating i was looking for 50K but the jobs in Georgia weren't offering that.
Productive enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
Costar had a friendly environment, and they had a responsive management team. The most rewarding aspect of my job was helping my staff meet it's productivity quotas.
Pros
Healthcare
Nice Place to Work Overall
Research - Community Caller/Project Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
Plenty of perks with Costar. Free breakfast and snacks. Nice culture, everyone is very young in the company,. I have been working here for a year and I can see that it is pretty hard to advance in the company
productive
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2016
great place to work. very flexible with schedule
room for career advancement
travel quarterly
quarterly bonuses
friendly enviroment
Great location, coworkers are great
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 31, 2015
It's a position highly focused on metrics. Your days are structured and told to do what you can work on and when. Compensation is good, co-workers are great, but there is a lot of red tape, politics, and not much chance for personal growth.
Pros
Free breakfast and snacks, good location, free
Cons
All about metrics, politics, no room for growth
Productive and Very Busy
Accounts Payables Specialist (Current Employee) –  washington DCAugust 6, 2015
We are a very busy company that has grown very fast over the last two years. I have learned to multitask , train other employees so that they understand what they are doing and why. The hardest part of the job is things change so quickly and trying to communication. I really think CoStar is a great place to work , we do a lot of community services.
Pros
Free breakfast and fruits and fresh salad all day
Cons
Short breaks
Productive fun workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work, lots to learn, very motivating, great location. The company is inspiring, innovative, and ever changing.
Smile and Dial
Senior Multi-family Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2015
A glorified call center, many unattainable metrics that encourage you to make fraudulent calls. This is a job for someone fresh out of college.
Pros
Free Fruit, gym, benefits
Cons
Metrics, management, culture
Not a good role and ok company to work for
Sales Analyst Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2015
Didn't enjoy working with this company. Unfair compensation and not willing to hire anyone to help when workload increased.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
bad pay and management
Family Environment
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 10, 2015
Costar Group is the best place I have ever worked!!!!!

Work load is extremely manageable. If you work hard, you will get promoted. It's a family environment. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people you work with.
Pros
Break Room stocked with snacks
great place to work
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 27, 2015
730 to 400 is my typical day good hour ,i learned a lot of floor tec skills, co workers are great , hardest part of the job is leaving to go home ,, i love the job the most for its, great pay and union benefits .
Pros
health dental vision
Cons
must work all weekends