CoStar Group Employee Reviews in United States

Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
The company has provided us with a great team of managers. What I really like about all of them is that there willing to go the extra mile for you and is sincerley caring and understanding. The company is steady growing and inspiring at the same time to further your career in mangement.
Pros
Events, Outings Etc:
Cons
Short Breaks
Industry Leader in information and technology
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
-Incredible place to work. Really has taught me a strong foundation on the work world as well as professionalism.

-Day to day full cycle selling through cold-calling and prospecting.
Great atmosphere with fun people!
Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2016
I worked a contract job with CoStar in a great upbeat atmosphere. My responsibilities consisted of contacting development communities to update data. It was great just far from Ohio.
Pros
Ok to be a few minutes late
Cons
N/A
Productive Tedious Environment
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
This is an awesome company for an individual that has discipline and can do repetitious work continuously daily. The have awesome perks to offer and are only interested in serious hardworking individuals with a proven track record of productivity!
Pros
Wonderful company with perks and great pay!
Cons
Repetitious can burn out quickly!
Not good
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 9, 2016
Was a good place to start a career but get out as soon as possible. Company was really focused on metrics that was always changing
Very organized workplace with constant opportunities to stay busy and interact with different people.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work involved talking with multiple people from across the United States. I learned how to be patient as well as enhance my people skills. The management was very organized and monitored us all the time. My coworker and I worked well together because we were all productive and good at our jobs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude people and sometimes we would spend long periods of time sitting in one spot. My most enjoyable part of the job was assisting in the marketing campaign for Apartments.com.
Pros
Productive work environment, Constant human interaction, assisting with important marketing campaign
Cons
Speaking on the phone with sometimes rude people, staying in one spot a lot of the time
Young culture
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
Pretty cool place to work. Awesome employee benefits and as long as you have a cool manager your work days won't be too stressful. Great place to get professional experience and work with peers. Perfect for young to mid 20's
Fun and Environmentally friendly workplace
Multi-family Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2016
Working at costar is a great career starter but Work quickly gets mundane. Young cohort and evolving and exciting work.

Career progression is stunted and but benefits are great. Requires being on the phone a lot.
Pros
Frequent free lunches, Management approachable
Cons
Daily routine gets boring
Great company to learn the commercial real estate markets
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
It is hard work at times but a great immersion in to the commercial real estate market. You will talk to all of the major players in your assigned market and learn comparable writing to property analytics.
Pros
Food provided, free gym
Cons
High pace projects, quick demands
Community Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2016
Pay wasn't great, needed more money due to student loans. I wouldn't recommend this company to college graduates. Upon graduating i was looking for 50K but the jobs in Georgia weren't offering that.
Productive enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
Costar had a friendly environment, and they had a responsive management team. The most rewarding aspect of my job was helping my staff meet it's productivity quotas.
Pros
Healthcare
productive
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2016
great place to work. very flexible with schedule
room for career advancement
travel quarterly
quarterly bonuses
friendly enviroment
Lots of work needed
Director of Research (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2016
The company is highly profitable but much work is needed to be done to improve morale. Research has not made any significant improvements to the department. Some relatively simple technology changes could improve researchers day-to-day work.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Poor management and toxic work environment
Great Company with a vision
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2016
CoStar has grown over the four years I worked there. Someone who is looking for work-life balance should look elsewhere. Company-wide changes are very slow and difficult. On the bright side, company has good benefits such as snacks, fruits, salads, and coffee/tea, and juices provided on the daily basis. Also, Segways and bikes are for all employees disposal. Company has on site free gym and 3x week yoga classes that are great. Vacation and health benefits are standard.
Pros
Free salads, fruits, yogurts, yoga classes, bikes & segways
Cons
Long work hours
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
CoStar is by far one of the best company's that I have ever worked for. 6 months ago I moved back home to Little Rock, AR and I continue to go back and forth to Memphis once a week to over see the market. CoStar is a company that has allowed me growth and development opportunities.
Pros
Customer Service, Multifamily
Cons
Memphis Market
Productive work place
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Costar helped me better my research skills as well as become fluent with Enterprise Application Systems. A typical day at work involved me getting to the office around 9 am, consulting with co workers for a few minutes, then getting right to work. We did a lot of projects in enterprise systems and Excel spreadsheets for majority of the day as well as worked in teams to finish some projects. My co-workers were pretty fun loving, social, hard working people that had a lot to offer in terms of knowledge. Our management team was very helpful and always open to questions. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers, the hardest part was when I first started learning the enterprise system, after understanding the system it became pretty straight forward. Overall I believe the company is a great place to work.
Good Entry Level Place for Recent Grads
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
CoStar is a good place to get your feet wet in the corporate world and the commercial real estate industry. Not much room for advancement. A lot of turnover and a lot of the managers do not have management experience.
Productive fun workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work, lots to learn, very motivating, great location. The company is inspiring, innovative, and ever changing.
Nice Place to Work Overall
Research - Community Caller/Project Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
Plenty of perks with Costar. Free breakfast and snacks. Nice culture, everyone is very young in the company,. I have been working here for a year and I can see that it is pretty hard to advance in the company
Not a good role and ok company to work for
Sales Analyst Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2015
Didn't enjoy working with this company. Unfair compensation and not willing to hire anyone to help when workload increased.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
bad pay and management