Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,778 reviews matching the search
Food court
Food Court Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 29, 2017
Best department to work in at my warehouse. Manager is hard working and very respectful. Can't say the same for other departments. A lot of supervisors and managers are rude.
fun place to work fast pace
seasonal help (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 28, 2017
i came in at night most the time do to my other job at the time,but costco was great i was only seasonal but i would love to be called back and work for them fr good.
Best place
Cashier assist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 28, 2017
I loved working here and it was a real shame that it was only for the season. I would come back in a heart beat! Everyone there was very nice to me and helped me learn what I needed to. Customers were very nice as well.
Pros
great work environment
Good pay and benefits!
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 28, 2017
You are constantly moving, and they are very strict about having you ALWAYS working. You are required to work every weekend day every weekend. Managers are very understanding and helpful. It is a good atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
very strict
Great Environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 28, 2017
A fast-paced and fun place to work. Every day one is challenged to meet both customer satisfaction and fiscal objectives. Easily done with the quality of products Costco provides.
Pros
Great opportunities
Corporate Costco
Bakery/front end (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 28, 2017
Costco is a great career, if you don't have any job security it can be tough you can be fired or let go. Costco value there long term employees. Also the role of a new employee can be reviewed by a employee with more seniority, which I thought was unfair. Corporate Costco is the best!!!!
Pros
Corporate Costco
Cons
Senior employees
Very busy workplace,enjoyed working there,always being busy. Unfortunately it was only a seasonal position.
Foodservice,food preparer (Former Employee) –  119 Daggett Drive,West Spfld,Ma.01089April 28, 2017
Loved it!! Would go back immediately,if unemployed at time. I very much enjoy working in a fast paced,busy environment. The management was very positive and encouraging to the employees.
Pros
Always being busy
Cons
Short breaks
Fast pace ,stressful, lots of hard work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 27, 2017
The hardest part about working for costco is standing on cement floors ,the fast pace and management that don't have the skills to manage. The best part is the pay and benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Good culture and working conditions
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 27, 2017
This place has a good culture and good opportunities for advancement. Great pay and benefits as well. But the work is difficult and tedious. The schedule is also slightly inflexible
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Hard and tedious work
Productive and fun place to work.
Issaquah - Accounts Payable Freight-Internship (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed interning there. Work was simple and help was always available if needed it. I would definitely intern there again. Great to get a cubicle, 9-5 type of work feel.
Pros
Really cheap lunches, cool accounting clique
Cons
A window view would've been nice. Out of my control though.
Fun fast paced environment
General Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. I've been an employee with Costco for a year and a half now and I love. If you have a strong work ethic this is the place for you they value hard work.
It was ok
Morning Merchandiser - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2017
I was seasonal, so I wasn't able to experience a lot of things. However, the management seemed like friendly people, and the job was not hard (morning merchandiser). However, you work mostly by yourself, so not a lot of time to socialize.
Pros
Good people
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2017
Amazing seasonal job great perks, wonderful management, loving team. Great benefits and compensation. Smoothest job ive had especially throughout the christmas rush.
a company that cares
Vault Clerk / Member Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 26, 2017
Costco really cares for their employees. it offers better benefits and compensation than most of the other retail companies. good working hours, 150% pay on Sundays, holiday PTO, on top of all other benefits. Very member service oriented company. they will make sure they go out of the way to ensure members are happy.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
n/a
good environment
Pharmacy Manager - Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJApril 26, 2017
good environment, very fast paced and good employees, however much training and constant training of employees can be challenging.
Rather big employee turnover.
Pros
good support
Cons
can be too fast paced
Productive work envornment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2017
Never had a big peoblem, everything os pretty organized. Although it wasnt the job for me, everyone was supportive and someone is always there if you need help. Enjoyed working here.
Pros
You could eat samples on breaks
Cons
Very strict
good
Carwash Attendant (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 25, 2017
the job is high volume and can be stressfull and fast paced but its a good place to learn new skills and the company does its best to treat all of its employees well
Stressful
Photo Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIApril 25, 2017
Management does not care about part-time employees. They just care about cutting hours and not giving people enough hours to they can live. That's just the beginning.
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  NJApril 25, 2017
Costco is a place where it is fast paced. Everyday you learn something new. Management are very good to us expect for when they put under pressure, they have tendency of taking it out on us.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no more discount
productive hard working
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 25, 2017
Costco is a fast paced hard working job. you had many jobs that had to be accomplished before the work day was over. You got a break each day, but some days would be so busy that your break wouldnt seem long enough.
Pros
food court
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2