Costco Wholesale
1,753 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Astoria, NYJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work consists of helping hundreds of customers in your field or department. I learned that you need to move fast and have the ability to multi-task to be productive in this job. Co-workers are somewhat helpful, but most people fend for self. Hardest part of the job is trying to get someone to assist you with something, especially because everyone is so busy and has their own obligations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Sunday Pay.
Great Company long term
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: 401k, health benefits.
Cons: Upper management playing favorites. Not about what you know but who you know.
Costco is a great company to work for that will be around for years to come. There is room for growth and opportunity to move up within the company. Management plays favorites but what company doesn't. Each store has its own dynamic. Don't be afraid to transfer between stores because sometimes the fit isn't always the best at the store you work for.
Great Work Place
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: no benifets / part time
Come in to work , Grab my cart to demo on for the day , grab my products to give out , and set up station .

What I learned : was to help others out and be fair to everyone in giving each customer a good sample of food .

Management : They are very helpful and gave me many work days , also where very respectful .

Co workers : They are all Nice , and respectful , very hard working .

Hardest Part : was having to do the road shows and having to cook multiple foods at once .

The most enjoyable part of my job was : Having the time to try all the free food samples on my break and lunch .
Fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Good pay, pizza for lunch(:
Cons: No cons
Costco may not seem fast paced but it definitely is when you are trying to go above and beyond for your customers! Fun and active workplace!
Great pay for what you do. Some management is incompetent.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MantecaJuly 5, 2015
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: micromanagement
There is room for advancement but mostly with playing the political game. Hard to not find gossip in any warehouse. Other than that, above average work environment with good pay and benefits.
Costco is a great place to work
Admin - Vault Clerk - Cashier - Front End - Photo (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
Costco is a great job with good benefits, just not too much room to move up and grow. Costco is amazing for how it treats its employees, encouraging a good work environment.
Customer service
Customer service (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with everyday.
Cons: Temporary job
Working at Costco was highly rewarding. Helping customers on a daily basis ,keeping clothing area neat and tidy was some days a challenge but as a team we did a good job.
No advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 2, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the amount of customers by the volumes. Also it is a great place to meet lasting friendships with co-workers
Costco is a fast pace work environment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Northridge CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Costco takes care of its employees
I really enjoyed working at Costco. They have great benefits for there full time employees and have a great opportunity for advancement. It is a great retail company for anybody who enjoys retail.
A job hard to quit
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Health insurance, employee of the months, raises, family, and other amazing things
Cons: No cons
I can honestly say that I loved working for Costco Wholesale and coming into work. I would show up 15 minutes early to make sure everything was put away and check in with my managers to see what my shift was going to entail and be like. I usually would do go-backs, then would report back to front end and stay on the register for the remainder of the shift, unless otherwise. I learned to be a forgivable and passionate person since working for a worldwide recognizable company you would to remain calm, collective and concentrated. I loved my workers dearly. Their vibrant and smiling faces is what made the job possible during the rush of members.
HARD WORK
MEMBERSHIP CLERK (Current Employee), Brookhaven, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: None
A typical day at work is making sales and dealing with temperamental customers. I have learned great skills that can aid in my progress to reach a career. I enjoy making sales, working hard, learning new skills, improving skills, and making my employers happy. I feel i have become a better employee through Costco.
Good Workplace
Stocker (Current Employee), Easton, OHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: lunches and breaks, 401k, employee benefits.
Cons: Random hours, working Sundays
Reliable workplace with a good environment of a diverse group of people. Mangers are nice and accommodating to new employees. The company as a whole takes care of their employees and it is an environment in which you can start as the low employee on the totem pole and rise to a manager/supervisor position in due time.
Diverse workplace with great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hoover, AlabamaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility and Benefits
Cons: Locations are limited in Alabama
My experience working at Costco has been great!! They provide a well balanced quality of life schedule and the opportunity for promotion. The workplace is diverse and professional.
Good benefits, good pay but terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay, free membership, good benefits
Cons: Favoritism, unfair and unequal opportunities.
Overall Costco was a great place to work, however when it came to an open door policy management merely turns their cheek and disregards conflict happening in the warehouse.
service deli clerk (Former Employee), ann arbor, michiganJune 30, 2015
Pros: they provided lunch on some occasions and had parties for the company often
Cons: longer breaks
Costco is a very great place to work everyone is friendly and very respectable. My co- workers were awesome and we always worked as a team to get the job done.
productive and beneficial place to work.
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
a Typical day at work would be very fast paced ,hectic and hands on.i learned that you cant make everyone happy while i was working there. the management was somewhat hard to get used to,but gave alot of time and effort in providing for the company. the co-workers were very diverse and friendly. often easy to become acquainted with and very helpful.the hardest part of the job would have to be the constant incoming customers and the unfair treatment from managers at times. the only enjoyable part of the job was the benefits and the pay.
Vast Variety of new experiences.
seasonal emplyee (Former Employee), bakersfieldJune 28, 2015
Pros: breaks every 2 hours
Cons: distance of smoking area and limited cart handlers
Many jobs all based on putting the customer first. Multiple cultures working together for the greater good. job differences on variation off the co-workers working with that day. Family filled environment friend population over 1000.
Productive and fun loving place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee), Springfield, VA.June 28, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: No Con
The typical working day start at 4:00 AM which began with a walk through the assigned area. Manager informed you as to what needed to done. You learned a lot of methods and ways that is safer and easy to apply. The hard part of the job is massive pressure and lack of time to accomplished those task. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing the day task.
Fast-paced
Member Services, Seasonal (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAJune 26, 2015
High tempo customer service. Holidays are days off, and time-and-a-half on Sundays. There is always something to do. Great company culture!
Co-workers
OUTSIDE.INSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), sacramentoJune 26, 2015
Enjoyed working with Costco employees. The experience of actually being In the warehouse was great. Was treated as Costco employees would be treated.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Salaries

Cashier
Front End Associate
Front End Assistant
Stocker
Merchandiser
$12.00 per hour

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.