Costco Wholesale
1,564 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Positive Work Environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Morris ILMarch 28, 2015
I don't really have a bad thing to say about this job. The environment was positive, my coworkers were friendly, and the work was challenging yet simple. I miss it very much.
best job
Food Service Clerk (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: in charge of your on break.
clock in help people with orders. stock food and other necessary items. made sure equipment was clean and ready to use. sanitize all cooking utensils. best part of the job making new friendships
Great enviornment, customers, co-workers, and management staff.
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: 401K contributions
Cons: Part time hours and travel distance
Excellent employer, and one of the best jobs I ever had. I enjoyed working for this employer, and hopefully I may eventually return to work for this company in a full time versus a part time position.
Costco
Food Court (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay
Cons: Do not have enough people working at once.
The best thing about Costco is the pay and benefits. They are a company that likes to leave the crew short on people, therefore, overworking the rest of the crew within a certain area. This leads to bad crew motivation and complete aggravation for everyone. If they would just have more people working on a shift, They would be an amazing workplace.
Tire Sales Assistant and Installer (Current Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 26, 2015
Assist members in the warehouse and over the phone with the purchase and return of tires. Answer questions, makes recommendations, and writes tire purchase and service invoices. Communicates with Tire Shop Manager, buyers, Receiving department, and inventory auditors regarding special orders, quantities, status, prices, deliveries, and promotions of merchandise. Stock tires in the service area. Follows proper safety procedures and standards. Maintains courteous member service at all times while contributing to a smooth flow of members through the tire shop.
Good place to work at.
Food Service/cashier assistant (Current Employee), Signal Hill, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: wage, benefits
Cons: work hours due to too many employees
What can I say, people don't leave this company because they take care of their employees. For instance, 401k, dental, vision, ppo, max , yearly bonuses when your wage is maxed.
A Great Friendly Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), huntington beach, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free food was provided on occasions
A typical day at work talking to customers and making them feel greatly appreciated. I've many task how to drive a forklift and be a cashier and the managers are always making sure all the employees work hard. My coworkers are always friendly and willing to lend a hand. A difficult situation was with a customer having trouble not finding what they needed so I took to a manager for help. The best part of the job was making sure any customer I helped felt like they got the best service ever.
Very fun and fast work environment
CASHIER ASSISTANT/CASHIER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Marina Del Rey Ca.March 24, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: lots of hours
Typical day starts and end with members.
I learned how maintain a positive attitude no mater what comes your way.
Management has great Work ethic and always makes the members feel comfortable.
Co-worker keep it as fun as you do.
the hardest part of the day is lifting and running on items.
The most enjoyable part is all the different ethnic groups you meet, great and help
high productivity
General Manager (Former Employee), ENSENADAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: location to dangerous méxico
I learned how to increase sales!!!

Everything we do we do as a team

The hardest part of the job always be on stock !!!

The most enjoyable part of the job teach co-workers
Tiresome
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), TexasMarch 23, 2015
Pros: medical insurance
Cons: management
Fast paced job and customer service is essential. constantly moving.
Co-workers are great! Management isn't the best. I've worked for better managers in my lifetime. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting off.
Working conditions very by location, however overall the company is a great company to work for with exceptional benefits and work flexibility.
Cashier/Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Industry, CAMarch 23, 2015
Costco takes great care of the employee's
Tire Shop Department/Lead and Temporary Supervisor (Current Employee), Newark, DEMarch 23, 2015
No shortage of buisness on a normal day. Im very familiar with are customers. Costco is a family oriented buisness. I've learned patience over the course of 15 plus years.
Not my cup of tea
Cashier/Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 23, 2015
Good benefits and good pay for the level of work.
St. Louis Park fosters a community of people who are particularly "privileged." You will notice this when you start working there and how they treat you.
Enjoyable work environment
Senior Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 22, 2015
My typical day at work included assisting customers in purchasing Costco memberships. I learned how to be a great sales woman and gained experience in various departments. My co-workers were great and everyone got along fine. I never really encountered any difficulties during my tenure and only had good times.
Productive and fun place to work.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Westbury, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free bbqs and dinners
Cons: 15 min breaks
Easy company to move up in without a degree that pays well.

They put up postings and it does not matter how long you been with company, its all about your work performance and attendance.
Great pay and benifits
Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin TxMarch 19, 2015
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: high stress
It is a busy non stop work environment that is always dealing with customers. Some days are slow and others are non stop but for the most part it is non stop. You will run breaks and make sure the business is in good condition. You also have to keep a look out for sales and make sure you are running efficiently. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is happy (managers).
Costco
Pallet Jack Driver (Former Employee), College Park, GeorgiaMarch 19, 2015
A typical day starts at 6:00 am until 2:30pm, moving freight from the receiving docks to the shipping lanes.
I learned about working with others, how to audit the building for safety issues and how to complete a daily inventory.
Co- workers were awesome group of people, quite friendly and motivated to complete tasks as a team. Nothing was hard about the job pretty easy going environment. The most enjoyable part of the job easy to move up within the company.
Excellent company work for especially student. Gives good work schedule for student
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, VAMarch 19, 2015
Care for employees and their families. Provide good benefit such as health, dental, vision, and retirement plan. Provide more training for their employees to qualify for the job. Create more opportunities for employees to grow in the company such as supervisor, manager, and area account manager or operations manager.
Food Advertisement (Former Employee), Lacey, WAMarch 19, 2015
Very Productive workplace
Customers very friendly
coworkers very friendly
management was amazing
Learned allot about sales, very handy.
Productive, fun & well managed work place.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good environment, good benifits and great management
Cons: n/a
A typical day working for Costco would be for me to check with the shift supervisor to see where I would be placed & working for the day. I was mostly on the front end where I would help everyone that got in my line with placing there groceries on the belt to be scanned then I help them load there groceries neatly on the basket, when the line got slow, I would clean my area/ register, once clean if the line was still slow I would help anyone else that needed help. This job really didn't have to many hard parts, other then helping with groceries and cleaning, my duties weren't bad, I worked construction so this job was chill. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping everyone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos