Costco Wholesale
1,308 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

High paced work place but fun friendly people
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 25, 2014
Very high paced job, on the busiest day it gets crazy. Co-workers are wonderful love the people i worked with!

My favorite part of the job is when Im the "wrapper" meaning i get to put len/glasses into the case then wrap it with customer's paper order and stamp it and put it into one of three slots. It's fun because there are like a couple of wrappers – more... doing this and to me in my head i feel like its a race so i wrap as fast as I can but in a very neatly way. I go through hundred of cases a day.

I also enjoy scanning cases of glasses that's already wrapped in. It's really fun!

Not really a big fan of having to collect all of the cases that has been wrapped from the whole slots of each wrapper's work area. Some days I don't mind it but other day its eh.

I learned a lot about how shipping/receiving system work out and how fast paced the job is. – less
fun place to work
Cashier, Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDNovember 24, 2014
Processed transactions quickly and efficiently – Maintained a friendly and cordial relationship with the customers by greeting them and assisting them with all relevant issues.
Provided customers with outstanding service and assisted them in solving their queries and doubts.
Created a friendly/positive impression at the checkouts – Educated customers – more... about new schemes and promotional activities that could benefit them.
Refilled supplies and shopping boxes and verified cash register balances.
Maintained registers and all books related to cash transactions and kept them up to date.
Updated the database regularly by manually documenting all transactions in the registers as well as the computer system.
Monitored all the cash reserves and ensured adequate cash reserves in all stations. – less
summary
Shipping; cashier; supervisor; marketing; stocker (Former Employee), Juneau, AKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, retirement, great pay, paid holiday leave, opportunity for advancement, good employees
Cons: hard floors, ambiguity in management, sometimes an unsafe work environment
Costco is rated as one of the best places to work. They have excellent benefits such as health insurance, worker investment compensation, sick/vacation leave, etc. As well as the opportunity for growth and advancement. There are pros and cons to any work environment, and I tend to focus on the good things. The work can be hard and fast paced at times, – more... and the concrete floor is unforgiving to your legs, feet and back. That being said there are great people who work there and great products to stand behind. They have set the standard for return policies around the nation, making it almost mandatory to accept and return items if you are unhappy with the product you have purchased. There are a number of managers that you work under, and on a good day they were great...but everyone has bad days. Sometimes to get the job done quickly I had witnessed some shady or unsafe workplace habits being practiced. Not everyone can handle the pressure of timelines and high volume as well as others. Most of my memories for working there are positive and would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a serious team oriented job to consider working there. You MUST be flexible, open minded and professional to succeed in this company. I still stay in contact with friends I have made while working there and recommend Costco as a shopping destination for products to this day. – less
its a fun place to work, great workout
Front end assistant (Current Employee), Carson City, NVNovember 24, 2014
it was a great fun fast paced environment. great people to work with, but the management was extremely micro managed. The hardest part of the job was running everywhere you went. it was hard for the first 3 weeks but my muscles got used to it, i loved it.
Great Place To Be
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
Costco has a very friendly environment and it seems as if the employees' mindset is solely on the satisfaction of the members. It is very easy to move up in the company. Costco also pays very generously.
Productive work enviorment
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Salida, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: raises
Cons: switched my workschedule to graveyard
I was the lead at Costco. I drove the forklift, I worked in shipping and receiving talked to truck driver's to see what company they were coming from. I learned how to work at a fast pace and keep a consistent pace, I've taught people how to make there job easier by simple little insructions.
Great company to work and grow with
Front End (Current Employee), Hazlet, NJNovember 20, 2014
great company to work for, pay and benefits are second to none. great promotional opportunities available.
Great staff and people.
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2014
My job was member service. It consisted of maintaining a clean, professional, and friendly environment. Assist customers by answering their questions, load merchandise, and provide members service. After business hours I worked general warehouse labor.
Costco
Supervisor of Majors Sales Department (Former Employee), Danvers, MANovember 17, 2014
• Knowledge and sales experience in multiple departments, including major sales, memberships, photo and front end
• Managing six employees
• Creating staff work schedules and provide comprehensive training to new employees
• Delegate tasks to department staff
• Attend and participate in supervisor and management meetings to address problems, ideas, – more... and solutions for optimal business growth
• Provided resolution to dissatisfied customers
• Evaluate employees’ job performance through written evaluations
• Maintain a cohesive, organized, and productive department through strong leadership skills – less
Great benefits and pay
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Edison, NJNovember 17, 2014
• Participated in creating profitability of the retail operation by receiving, handling, and helping manage
inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner
• Enhanced the brand image of both the products and the store by using marketing techniques to create visually
appealing and detailed oriented product layouts
• Provided insight – more... to location and layout of products, making sure products were logically placed
throughout the store, making customer shopping experience quicker and more enjoyable
• Demonstrated efficient working and time management techniques to new/fellow co-workers – less
Excellent company to work for
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: wearing jeans to work
Cons: not meeting productivity
A typical day at costco wholesale always consisted of a different challenge each day. The learning experience for me was working in different departments learning the part in the daily operation. Management was not too bad, and the co-workers were always fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the night when you have to return – more... unwanted merchandise back to their respectful departments. The most enjoyable apart about the job was meeting different people and becoming familiar with them on a regular basis. – less
Tedious but a good company
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), WoodinvilleNovember 17, 2014
Costco cares alot about its employees. Sometimes the work is tedious though.
Best company for the retail/wholesale industry!
RTV Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee), Everett, MANovember 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, breaks, awesome benefits, great co-workers
Cons: working weekends, physical labor
I've worked in several positions during my time here. I've spent most of my time as a stocker, which means I work mostly when the warehouse is closed. As a stocker I start work at 4 a.m. and usually work until 10:30-12:30 depending on the day. The first thing I do is fix up my specific area (ex: get all empty boxes in aisles). After that I will stock – more... any items that are running low on the pallets. You will get help from the fork lift drivers. This is a fast paced job since we need everything to be ready by opening time (10:00 a.m.). The management was fine in my case. As long as you work hard then the managers will like you. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and limited time to get everything done. I'm also not a morning person so getting up at 3 a.m. was horrible. The good news is I get to leave work by 10:30 a.m. on most days. The best part of the job was not dealing with customers and just doing your work at your pace. – less
Good Place
Cart Crew/ Security (Former Employee), Hacks CrossNovember 16, 2014
Great Company. Local Management needs improvements. Unless you're paying me for a review, this is the most you're going to get from me.
Good Benefits, Fun co-workers, Good work life/Life balance.
Tire Shop Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 16, 2014
Management has a huge impact on the quality of work life. Location manages can make or break the enjoyment of the location. Non-union stores are better to work at do to better quality of work force. Learned tons in customer service, management, sales. Pay is really good after some time has been put in for the type of job.
Probably the best company I ever worked for.
Tire Center Manager (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 16, 2014
Pros: pay, schedule, holidays
Excellent place to work. Great people and great managers. Lots of paid holidays, hours were never too too long, great structure and benefits, and a warehouse full of long-term employees because everyone loves their job there.
Its a great place to work at
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 12, 2014
I have was working for costco whole sale for 8 years, i enjoyed my time being there i learned how to build a customer service with members coming into the warehouse daily. i had no complaints from members, managemant or employees.
Very productive and great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 11, 2014
Costco is an enjoyable place to work. The people I work with are
very helpful, and they enjoy having me work with them. The best
part of the job is when people thank me for helping them. When I
first started, the job seemed hard, but once I got used to it, the
rest was easy.
good company
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: always something to do and learn
Cons: some of the policies and how the schedule was formatted
was a good company to work for made a lot of friends with members and employees and with management
It pays well
Stocker (Current Employee), Maple GroveNovember 11, 2014
Hours are usually unsteady. But the pay is nice. The people are easy to get along with, members, and coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos