Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Awesome place
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no complaints here!
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Costco Wholesale. It is hands down the giant of the retail world. From hard working employees to hard working management, just a great place to be!
Excellent place to work and lots of opportunities
Eastside Boat Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: easy ability to cross train into different departments around the warehouse, costco allowed me to retain my position in the company while i was away at college
Working in Costco Wholesale required hard work and was very fast paced. The easiest ways to succeed always is to work hard and be polite and helpful to fellow employees and shoppers. The work day usually demanded being able to switch between different tasks fluidly at the request of the managers and being able to perform such task efficiently. While working for Costco some of the the things I learned was efficient multitasking, customer service, and how to take negative criticism and turn it into a strength.
Different cultures great break room
Food Service Employee (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: sick pay, benefits, vacation time
Cons: no parking, rush hour
I learned how to make pizzas and different types of foods. Usually you will come in, everyone will great you with a smile, you could always go to anyone in management with problems you maybe having, and dental insurance even when working part time. Hardest part of the job will be how busy Costco can be on a Sunday and trying to keep up.
its a great job to have and take in everything u learn there
front-end cashier assnt (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: worked with great people
Cons: nothin
i loved my job i never wanted to not be there but other things got in the way of this as of 8 years i learned so much i loved the people i worked with they became like family .the customers are great people . never had a problem with them i worked at one of the busiest stores in northern California and i loved it my day went by so fast . the mangers are good people some look out for the company and not the employees and so are fair and care equity and i am a true beliver that if one works they all should not just one doing all the work i love helping people so i enjoyed the work and all the learning expreness
Productive and fun workplace
Front end assistant (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and great assiociates.
Cons: the hours.
Arrive an hour early and stage store and prepare for opening. once open cashier as lines backed up and slow times collect carts from parking lot. learned customer service skill as well as multitasking to keep store running efficiently. Money management I was responsible for a cash drawer that I had to count at end of each shift. Since management had their plate full with their duties I had to be clear on any difficulties I was encountering and was to improve service since I was seeing it first hand. Work well as a co worker and a team player. A good work environment ensures that the shift runs smoothly and help new employees to learn the job and to fell welcome to the team. The hardest part of the job was learning to ask others to help out with duties instead of taking on a lot to ensure that it was completed. The best part was the family environment that made me feel welcome and made it fun to go to work instead of an obligation.
Costco Wholesale
Night Merchant (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Ive been an employee of Costco Wholesale for almost four years now. My overall experience working at Costco has been nothing but pleasant.
Good Company
Stocker (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: easy to move up, great pay.
Cons: managers aren't educated.
Worked with this company for a long time. Great benefits. I love how many vacation day we got! Although its a great company, it is still a retail store with horrible hours.
Great company to work for.
Ecommerce Agent (Former Employee), Yakima, WAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical work day for a T1 Ecomm agent is to come in sign into all programs and start taking calls. Help members with their problems, help them navigate through the site and place orders, help track packages.
Outstanding company
Front End Assistant/ Merchant (Former Employee), Montebello, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Excellent company to work for with amazing benefits. Starting pay is $11.50/hour. And employees become benefit eligible after 6 months. Some managers can be real tool but for the most part don't bother you as long as your productive.
Productive and fun work place; great benefits!!!
Customer Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Costco is one of the best companies for a student or post graduate. The benefits and job security are something that is often looked over when people discuss working for Costco. Depending on what location you are employed at, you may be able to unionize, making it one of the best jobs with security in mind.
Productive and good enviorment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I learned a lot working here. Also gained a lot of work experience. I started in the front end pulling carts and ended in the meat department as a wrapper.
Fast paced, productive, enjoyable.
Cashier (Former Employee), Santee, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, hours, management
Cons: seasonal employment only
Any department at costco is busy and fast paced. These situations force you to grow as an employee and a person, and for these lessons im very thankful. The environment is condusive to what a busy social person I am and that is one reason I believe I enjoy working for this company so much.
Great environment, with fun people to work with.
Frontend/ Stocker (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches after a month of any injuries.
Cons: temporary job
Co-workers are very nice. Always have someone there to assist you if needed. Great supervisors and great wages. The most enjoyable part of the job is the time goes by quick when you're working hard. I've learned how to stock produce and load items in boxes fast, for customers satisfactions.
Great People
Stocking Nights (Former Employee), Marysville, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great people cheap food
Cons: the stocking will make your body sore
The people were great . The job was very customer service oriented . It was fast paced . The first part of my shift was pulling cardboard and facing . Also helping customers . The second half was fast paced stocking .
Lots of energy with free samples
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day at work is interacting with the members. what I learned from there was to be on time to work and be nice to the members. The co-workers are fun people to be around and very productive. The hardest thing about the job is being outside in the sun when pushing carts. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch breaks.
I enjoyed working there and they took good care of the employees.
Membership Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches from time to time.
Cons: as a manager having to work 13 hours a day.
I worked for Costco Wholesale for over 10 years and I enjoyed how well they took care of the employees. It was a nice to focus on safety and for a reward they would feed the employees.
Work hard without much growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 15, 2015
Fun work atmosphere. Set schedules, but everyone starts off as seasonal, at least that's what they say. Shifts can change from day to day.
Fast paced work environment
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great breaks
Costco is a very fast paced work environment. There is always something to do and you are never standing still. If you weren't a cashier assistant, you were a cashier, or helping to clean the bathroom, or helping out at the seafood roadshow, or just making sure the warehouse remained in an orderly manner. I learned that sometimes you have to be really flexible because you could be called on to do something you do not necessarily want to do, but you do it because it helps out the team.
The management is really understanding of personal situation and allows you to leave if something does come up. The work just as hard as the cashier assistants, and can even be seen packing carts and pulling carts from the parking lot.
The co-workers were super fun to work with, all just as hardworking as you. You can talk to almost all of them about anything, and they want you to succeed just as much as you want to. They are your own personal cheerleaders. The hardest part of the job was being as flexible as the management needed you to be. Of course no one wants to clean a public bathroom, but if they asked you to do so, then you just do it.
The perfect job for someone who is young.
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Vista, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good management/supervisors, good pay, good part time hours
Cons: repetitive, no benefits received for being seasonal
- Work was always fast paced and things were constantly changing. (i.e. location of merchandise, getting moved around where they needed you, deals, etc.)
- As a teenager the term "work ethic" became twenty times more important. You really had to work hard to earn respect from other coworkers and managers.
- All the managers were extremely professional but very pleasant as well. They were really easy to communicate with and seemed to care about anything that was addressed.
- Most of the coworkers I met never really seemed to have an interest in getting to know me. A lot of them were really mean and never took me serious since I was younger than everyone else.
- The hardest part was learning where everything was in the warehouse. One week something was here and the next week it was moved, replaced, or gone.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the front with all the shoppers. It was nice to meet all kinds of people.
Loved my job immensly
Front end cashier assistant (Former Employee), Estero, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good solid company with excellent benefits
Cons: hard to get hired on as a permanent employee with full time hours
I absolutely loved working for this company and it is a very solid and have good ethics and was hired "seasonal" and unfortunately got laid off in April of 2014. I highly recommend this company

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos