Costco Wholesale

1.9K reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

productive work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short nonpaid breaks
Get a great experience in retail pharmacy. Great coworkers and great teamwork. Get paid time off and sick days.Off on major holidays and get paid.
great place
Front End Assistant/ Sales (Former Employee), Cordova, TNAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no advancement
Great environment, Continuously moving and learning new aspects. I enjoyed the people I worked with but they hours were not optimal. Also there is minimal opportunity for advancement even with a college degree
great workplace
Tire Center Technician/Sales (Current Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 31, 2015
Costco is a great company that truly cares for you and will try to work around your schedule such as school schedules and other personal conflicts.
Your always getting raises
Cashier and Service Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2015
Cons: benefits
They had great bonus and benefits. Was always getting a raise. Its a great places to work. Go get a job their. I work their for 9 years.
Excellent workplace, great benefits
Membership Asst. (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2015
I worked at Costco Wholesale for 3 years. One of the great perks they have is medical and dental benefits for part-time employees. I recommend this job especially for high school/college age people looking to get a foot in the door at an established company.
Fun place to work
Deli (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNAugust 25, 2015
Pros: half hour breaks
Cons: dealing with chickens all day, and draining the grease.
I worked in the deli at night. The only reason I left was because I worked with raw chickens all day. Even the manager told me it was a gross job. I skewed raw chickens put them in the oven, took them – more... out and put them in packages to sell. I also rotated the chickens that were out of date to sell, we put in the back. it was great management and I loved the place. I just couldn't deal with skewing and dealing with chickens all day, if i would have been offered a different job within the company I would have stayed. – less
A great place to apply for seasonal work
Cashiers assistsant (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 25, 2015
a lot of running, hustle and cart organizing but other than the pushy management its an alright place to work but I only know the extent of seasonal employment.
Costco was a solid place to work but I need a job that fits my skill set which is driving professionally.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Full time hours and great benefits were great.
Cons: Lunch breaks were too short and too much favortism existed within the workplace.
Costco was a decent place to work but I felt that I was not able to move up into a supervisor/ management position due to favoritism. I am looking for a job that best matches my skill set which is driving for a living.
It was quite exciting experience as I got to learn a lot and also i was given bigger responscibilites.
Senior consultant (Current Employee), seattleAugust 24, 2015
It was quite exciting experience as I got to learn a lot and also i was given bigger responsibilities.

Very nice
Front-end Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 23, 2015
I loved working for this company. Unfortunately my warehouse had a revolving door of management and a climate of political games. I would love to work for the company again, given things were different from my personal experience.
Productive and fast paced environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAAugust 22, 2015
My shifts would mainly consist of the same tasks; whether it would be cashier duties or being the floater (person assigned to help the cashier in taking the customers orders). Cashier duties were pretty – more... basic; cash handling and taking the customers orders correctly. As for a floater, my duties consisted of helping to shorten the wait time of the customers, by taking their orders and preparing/handling their food orders. Of course I became familiar with the food prep equipment and assuring they were being cleaned in the right manner for safety purposes. – less
Depends on the location for good management
Cashier (Former Employee), Edison, NJAugust 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good hours
Cons: management can be lousy depending on location, you deal with a lot of problems
Costco can be a great place to work, provided the management is good. On more than one occasion employees would have to shout at the top of their lungs to get a supervisor's attention. Managers have come – more... and gone, usually leaving some mess in their wake.

Understaffed at times, leaving cashiers to push carts instead of having a reliable cart crew.

Benefits are great. Always guaranteed good hours, but you work hard during those shifts. That can be good or bad, depending on the day. – less
Productive and fast paced company
Seasonal (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAAugust 21, 2015
Costco is a fast paced company especially in the seasonal term. You get to work in different departments which makes you more valuable, it starts out at a great pay and they work with your everyday schedule.
Great place to grow!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 20, 2015
Costco is a great company to get promoted from within. They take pride in hiring and training each employee in every department.
very fast passed productive enviornment, very friendly with high standards
service deli assistant (Former Employee), landcaster californiaAugust 18, 2015
normally my day would start at 6 a.m setting up the deli room and gathering all our supplies. I have worked there for about 2 years and learn a lot. Learning all the ingredient formulas, the numbers to – more... all the tags of the items we sell, also learning to purchase all the supplies we get off the floor in the warehouse. My manager was very friends yet assertive at the same time. She knew how to manage our team in the deli department. All of my co workers got along with eachother, we all helped eachother out when needed so we didnt fall behind on production. when the stress level got high during the holiday season, everyone came together as one to get things done. the hardest part about my job is the lifting that i had to do, which wasnt that hard at all. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the smile on the members faces when they came in knowing we had the product they were looking for already made fresh and ready to sell once they came in. overall i really enjoyed working for costco. – less
Productive work environment with excellent benefits.
Stocker- Restocked (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAAugust 18, 2015
Although I was never full-time (as a result of going to university), I found my time employed by Costco to be very worth-while and fulfilling.
The pay and benefits provided are great as well.
Great benefits and pay but hard to move up.
Front-end Assistant (Current Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 18, 2015
It's a great place to work and has great pay and benefits as everyone knows however it is hard to move up in the company and it take a lot of time.
Barkery wrapping packing and labeling
Barkery wrapper (Former Employee), SyracuseAugust 16, 2015
Pros: great work placse
Cons: get payed every two weeks
This was a nice place to work. Easy to get alone staff. I like what I did in the bakery . There are changes to move up in the company.
Great place to work if your a full time employee
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAAugust 14, 2015
Great place to work friendly people management was very nice to me and willing to work with me. I was a contractor so was not under Costco's management.
GREAT first job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San MarcosAugust 14, 2015
Pros: taught me to be a better leader
Cons: could not work around 2 jobs
I was at Costco 20 years. I worked all departments and also educated myself at the same time.

I also learned there all my supervising and managing skills.
Headquarters