Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,057 reviews matching the search
Volume Expert
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 22, 2016
Great place to work. Could have better Managers. Great opportunities to move up in the company. Good employees to work with.
Productive workplace that works around your schedule.
Rotisserie (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN/Kapolei, HIJune 21, 2016
The management is very helpful. They make sure you have the right training and they care about your personal life. They give you plenty of opportunities to move to full time and they are good about making sure that you get hours you want.
Good Retail Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 20, 2016
Moving up in this store is basically a joke. Unless you have a great managing staff. If you want to stay there for more 8 years you will be making good money bagging groceries.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mangement
Costco, the Real Story of 743
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 19, 2016
I hate to say it, but I have never experienced a more Micro Managed facility were the management is so under water in their skill set, tools and ability to do their job or interact with the employees. There are a handful of managers who can actually do far more than their job and have a very resourceful toolbox filled with interpersonal communication and the willingness to coach and encourage their teams to grow in their skill-set. However, only a hand full. the actions of the majority will not be mentioned here.

The company as a whole is willing to allow you to grow over time, and the sky is the limit with the right doors being opened. Don't let the rating of store 743 give you the overall picture of the company.
Pros
Competitive wages, great benifits, and a membership
Cons
part time work and a nonset schedule to allow you possibilitys to have a second job
productive
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 19, 2016
hard to move up and obtain a full time position. Benefits, 401k and insurance for part time staff is great. Management should be encourage to train appropriately to manage staff with respect and dignity.
Job security and benefits are amazing
Food Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 18, 2016
The people are great to work with and the help with benefits can't be compared. Advancement is hard to come by and has a better chance by relocating. The raises come automatically based on hours worked so working long enough can eventually bring you to the top of the pay.
Pros
great people, job security, and a livable wage
Cons
Repetitive, and advancement isn't reflected from hard work
Great place to work with even grater benefits
Customer service and Operations (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 18, 2016
I normally work in the liqueur store in the evenings and weekends. There are only a few of us that work in the liqueur store so I don't get a ton of interactions with other co-workers. I can't their is a hard aspect of my job its pretty stress free and easy. The part I enjoy the most is the interactions with members/customers helping them pick out various wines , spirits, and beer.
Pros
Great benefits and enviroment
Cons
Depending on your position it can get stressful.
Productive place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 16, 2016
Clock in start at your assigned station. Teamwork on what needs to be put on display, manage timing and products. I learned how to assemble cakes. The job was fast past but not hard. Enjoyed working with others.
Very busy and physicaly challanging
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 15, 2016
I loved the fact that it kept me busy, however, I just didn't like dealing with food. Other then that, a typical work day was good, my co-workers were fun to be around, and we really made the most of the job. The hardest part of the job, was trying to keep clean and not burn yourself, due to the hot ovens.
Keeps you busy!
Ca - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 14, 2016
Working at Costco, I was able to make it in several departments. Although the job was seasonal, I acquired many skills that I now use in my other job. If I could I would have never left Costco.
Pros
very flexible, many job oppertunities
great atmosphere to be in plenty of people there to help each other.
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 14, 2016
a typical day at work consist of making things easier for the members that shop there. i learned how to treat customers and deal with adversity when something goes wrong. amazing people who are there to do their best. knowing that customers are leaving happy is the most enjoyable part.
Job sounds great on paper, but really isn't the best every day job
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTJune 14, 2016
The job’s starting pay is great and after 90 days you get great benefits like paid vacation and sick time as well as a 401K. The job is very redundant and not exciting. It was a great job while I was in college. The scheduling every week changes and it is hard to ever get the same days off every week so you can plan stuff with friends and family. You have to know a year advanced when you want to go on vacation or you won’t get the time off.
Pros
Pays well, looks good on your resume, benifits
Cons
redundant, older enviornment, no real chance to move around to different departments to change things up.
Good Company and Employer
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 13, 2016
Good Employer with good benifits and programs for employees. Decent opertunities for advancement. Understanding managers. Equal opertunity employer.
productive work place
Frontend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 13, 2016
its fast pace short breaks and productive environment members are sometimes friendly co workers are interactive and some of the managers are really nice
Pros
free membership
Cons
short breaks
Very strict on rules
food court (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJune 11, 2016
I worked in food court and as a front end assistant, my day consisted of making sure food was prepped. And also to make sure members were happy. The management was alright, my co-workers were alright also. The hardest part about the job was to deal with angry members, the most enjoyable part of the job was to learn something new each day.
Pros
Healthcare, Benefits
Cons
You are only part time
Diverse company with room for advancement
Food Court Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 10, 2016
This company pays well and gives incredible benefits even for part time workers. I get along great with my co workers, but of course like all companies you will find problems with some of the people you work with.
Pros
great benefits, room for advancement, pays well
not very good
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 9, 2016
I did not enjoy working here because the owner of this optical did not make it fun and was not very considerate of others, paid in cash did not want to provide checkstubs, didn't want to pay employees what they earned and would pay very late
fun
Food Stocker (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 7, 2016
management was great and enjoy my time with the company. A safe and secure place to work and conduct business. Co-workers are easy to get along with and we work as a team. I enjoy all my time with the company. I will go back anytime they need me.
Pros
Safty first
Cons
A very secure and well paying company to work for.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CA and Glendale, AZJune 7, 2016
I worked at Costco for 15 years. During which time, full time was next to impossible to get and never got a steady schedule to where I could work a second job. The benefits are great and co workers were great to work with. The management team were not on the same page. Many times I would be given conflicting duties by the managers. What made me quit, was the lack of a steady consistent schedule and room for advancement as well as working for years as a part time employee.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management, schedule and lack of hours
This job offers great benefits along with very strict policies.
Cashier/Customer Service/Membership (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 7, 2016
The overall benefits that Costco offers to both part-time and full-time employees is phenomenal. However, it takes a great deal of time and work to move up within the company if you are not willing to relocate. Management is understanding of personal issues and very easy to talk to. They are not very lenient on sick days the first year of employment. Costco offers a balance of a strict work environment while also giving employees opportunities to fluctuate between departments.
Pros
Random free lunch days, work celebrations, recognition, great benefits, good pay
Cons
No sick days the first year of employment, benefits are cut when hours are cut, very strict regulations, not enough opportunities for those not willing to relocate

4.2