Costco Wholesale

1.8K reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

great seasonal place to work
Front End Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2015
management is great , only worked for Christmas season and the pay is also good. fast paced job, love shopping there as well
Most Enjoyable part
Tire Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CAJuly 31, 2015
The people I work with make it a great environment to work in. Teamwork is key to success and we have been able to accomplish that goal.
Great Career
Member Service, and Hot Food preparation (Current Employee), Saint George, UtahJuly 30, 2015
Preview of first review explanation s all in review of of previous statement. concluded towards member service an career outlook
Busiest store in the Southeast, Merchandise receiving.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), MerchandisingJuly 30, 2015
Busy store run by many different managers on any given day. A typical day involves going through aisles and recovering misplaced merchandise, and organizing merchandise on pallets, as well as printing any new signs that are needed. After the warehouse is closed, new merchandise is stocked by forklifts, and trucks are received on the dock where more merchandise comes in for the morning crew to stock.

Overall, the job has decent pay, good benefits, and paid vacation/sick time for both full and part time employees.
Fast paced and energetic work place!
Front-end Assistant (Current Employee), Corona, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and time and a half on Sundays!
Cons: Poor communication, lack of team effort at times
Every day at Costco is different, one may come across individuals of different character or attitudes. The job can be very demanding and stressful at times but thats what makes the day go by much quicker! Management could improve on communication however they try their best with as many employees as they have. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new people and hearing how much they love shopping at Costco!
Plenty of work to keep you busy
Service Deli Assistant (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons: Tough on your body
Pay is great for the industry. Plenty of work to keep you busy. Promote from within. A lot of different positions to do. The work is generally fast paced, and there is plenty of room to grown into a supervisor or manager position.
Excellent Company
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Hazlet, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Too many to list
Cons: Some Managers are clearly not qualified
Costco was an amazing experience! The starting salary gave employees a great opportunity for advancement and other real world training. Plus the benefits were more than generous to employees.
Work Culture
Marketing, Membership and Tire Installer (Current Employee), MIJuly 29, 2015
Costco lives up to their reputation as one of the best places to work at and for. I have really enjoyed my time at Costco so far. I work with lots of different people that have the same pride in their job and company that I do.
Costco is a great place to work
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits
Cons: Mismanagement at times, crazy work hours, inconsistent days off
Costco Wholesale was a great place to be employed at. I was employed for 14 years, at 2 different warehouses, under different managers. I worked my tail off, the pay for the work was very good, and the benefits were exceptional! I loved the CEO at the time, Jim Sinegal, for his vision of not only solid business ethics, but also how he did everything in his power to take care of the employee. When business owners realize that some of the very people on the bottom of the corporate chain are the reason they are in business, and successful, and they appreciate their efforts, the employee works that much harder at their job.

I would have been a 23 year employee this year. And I admit, at times I do miss it. However, with a very physically demanding environment comes injury. A warehouse manager chose not to move me out of the shipping department and put me in a department where I could recover and protect my health. For being an exceptional employee who knew as much as auditors did, that went above and beyond, I expected so much more from that manager. So to protect myself, I had to take myself out of the company.

If you are able to get into a warehouse with good management, and good employees, you will consider your Costco coworkers your 2nd family.
Cool place to work
bakery wrapper (Former Employee), winter parkJuly 28, 2015
Pros: good co workers to work with
Cons: no cons
Opening and closing
Wrapping all bakery goodies for sale
Making pie shells
Stocking all customers products back into cart
Greeting customers as they come into the store
Cleaning up the brake room
Folding clothing , Overnight baking
Costco
front end assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 28, 2015
Great place to work, great benefits and environment, just had to take time away to further my education in school. I would recommend the company, however, I am looking to obtain a job in the medical field to enhance my training and skills ability.
Exciting skills
Cashier (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 27, 2015
Doing this job, I learned a lot of clerical skills. Things that I still use today and I am very happy about that. The work environment was great.
Excellent part-time work
Major Sales (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly, laid-back
Cons: Management mostly good, but a few bad apples. Nepotism & favoritism commonplace
In addition to being a fun place to shop, Costco manages to be equally enjoyable from an employee standpoint. Members have pretty high expectations so delivering upon that can be hard work, but it's also very rewarding.
Soft Line Assistant (ROP)/ Customer Service
Soft Line Assistant (ROP) (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work was make sure everything was in line or of the ground. I learned on this job how be patient. On this job management was easy because I had a job coach help me thought all of the step on the job. In the job co-worker was great. The hardest part of the job was standing. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how be a good lead.
Bahama Breeze
Front end assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, MIJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great training, advancement, delicious food
Cons: High turn over
The Breeze is an awesome place to work. You get to interact in a fun way with the customers and co workers. The training for servers and greeters is extensive to ensure a great guest experience.
Great pay, management and supervisors need work
Member Service (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Nice co workers if they are your equals
Cons: Anyone above you thinks quite highly of themselves and show it
Has all the benefits and money you could want but the happiness factor and morale is quite low. Overly aggressive and many times unprofessional supervising.
costco is good place to work
Major Sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2015
this is a good place to work, great employees, management is awesome. you get a free membership and access to a lot of their amenities
managers and supervisors are very understanding
Cashier Trainer & Promotional Sales Rep (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: miscommunications between members and customers
Costco could be tough to work for because it is fast paced. You need to have tough skin to work there because of tough situations one is faced with at times.
Nice place to work with good work home life balance.
Intern (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunch, kind people
Cons: No parking, poor management
Costco corporate was a nice place to work, specifically in their Internet Services group. However Costco wouldn't be described as an industry leader or pioneer when it comes to their IS services, and often times it seems like the truly talented employees do the majority of the work while others that obviously don't care about IS check Facebook and play Clicker Heroes.
nice people great costumer service
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 21, 2015
I learn alot about customer service, wireless advocates sales 3 different carriers sow is great to know all about it, they give great commissions for sales.
Headquarters