Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,197 reviews matching the search
Great atmosphere great people
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYSeptember 26, 2016
It's a great place to work. I enjoy going there it's a very friendly environment.just have to do what you have to do do what you're told and everything will be all right
New Hire
Photo Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lavista, NESeptember 23, 2016
I just started in the photo dept PT. So far the experience has been great. Great starting pay and friendly environment. Never a dull moment with crowds coming through the door all the time. Fast pace environment. If you are lazy and cannot be on time then apply somewhere else. Great chicken, hot dogs and popcorn so far. I have a FT job and work 24 plus PT.
Pros
Pay, free membership, freindly people, fast pace
Cons
Punching in on time. 3 minute window.
Great enviroment
Food Court Associate (Former Employee) –  MANASSASA VASeptember 23, 2016
Great place famliy orentaited great mangers and qaultiy of workers and peers also great growth oppertunitys had to leave due to transportation issues but if could would love to work for company
A great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2016
I liked the many different responsibilities I was given to do in addition to cashiering.
Cashiers and cashier assistants work well together as a team. An important duty of the cashier assistant is to help the cashier to be successful in checkout speed and accuracy.
Our general manager encouraged everyone to do their best, and to seek opportunities to continue to learn and grow.
I enjoyed working with the other cashiers.
The best part of the day was chatting with our members(customers).
Pros
fresh fruit available to employees in the break room, great pay, great benefits.
Fast paced wholesale environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2016
Costco, is a good company to work for, it is possible to be promoted if your willing to relocate to another City or State. I've learned that politics determine your outcome in a position. The hardest part is not having a flexible work schedule, it would be nice to have weekends off at least every other week without requesting it two weeks in advance. The most enjoyable is the people you form friendships with.
Pros
Employee club ( an account you put money into, they save for a christmas party at the end of the year, once or twice a year they will have a safety BBQ .
Cons
Healthcare, retirement benefits
great place
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
wanted to work here but once i was fully hired i only wanted to do the stocking was very unhappy with how management treated me. they change my schedule last minute
Pros
great benifits
Cons
bad management
Productive and customer orientated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 20, 2016
The job involved a high call volume. I had to utilize a variety of web sites and shipping companies to process the customers questions. I was required to work independently and diffuse upset customers.
Very Fun Place To Work!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2016
COSTCO is a great place to work for! The benefits are AMAZING and it keeps you busy! Basically a free work out when you get scheduled outside to push carts. It is very fair and you really have to work hard! Very strict place to work for but worth the pay and again the benefits!
Pros
Half Hour Lunch and two paid breaks
Cons
pushing carts in the AZ heat!
Seasonal work
Receiver, forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2016
I was only seasonal, I drove forklifts, i got to go on breaks, I was constantly in danger of getting injured by incompetent workers and bosses wouldn't do anything about it.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Incompetent coworkers
Very productive work place
Meat packer (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Great supervisors. Such a great experience .
I had a hard time learning how to pack but learned day by day with supervisors and co workers help. My time went by fast its a great job

Want to know more about Costco Wholesale?

Ask a question
Very lackluster compared to the hype
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Have been a part time employee for two years. I liked the variety of different duties but management is childish and unskilled. Blue collar pseudo-professionals. The pay raises are based on hours worked so when you never get full time it takes forever to make decent money.
Pros
Meetings monthly with free food. Free membership.
Cons
Bad management, punitive disciplinary system
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 16, 2016
Amazing place to work, great opportunities for a future career. Great benefits and very competitive in wages. Love working for this company, only gets better with time as opportunities open up.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Start out as part time
great job while in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 16, 2016
Good job to have while in school. Flexible hours that work around school schedule. Great benefits and incentives from a respected company. Descent pay for a college student.
About description my job
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 15, 2016
I have to much fun this job and work all employee work together help Each other no separation. To work and my manager is nice women
horribleeeeeeeee
Costcos Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Horrible experience working their and would never return.One of the toughest jobs I've ever had. I was a full time student working in a warehouse at 4 am slaving while managers barked order to move faster and no care for moral of the employees. F awful!
Pros
Cons
everything
Call center was wonderful stepping stone
Membership Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 12, 2016
Thls location was a fast paced environment that always kept you thinking. The management team although tough, was on point and took care of us and made us feel important. I loved this store and my co worker!
Enjoyed the job and learned a lot about li
CDS Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
It was a great experience, I got to be around good people. Learned a lot from a great deal of wise people. It was pretty laid back but we definitely got our work done. Family environment as well.
Good company- terrible management at local warehouse
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GASeptember 12, 2016
Can be a great job depending on the management at the warehouse. Working for a cold-hearted boss and not being part of the bosses clique or one of the bosses buddies made it miserable to work there. This is the only job I have ever had where I dreaded going to work every day and was treated so hateful and rude.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Next to never 15 minute breaks that you are supposed to have. Terrible management
Fast pace enviroment
Food Court/ Head Chief (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILSeptember 11, 2016
Fast paced, standards on consistency and appearance of all areas of the store, always new growth opportunties, high standards on customer service to all members of Coscto.
Pros
Benefits & Competitive Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great job
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJSeptember 10, 2016
Hard work good paycheck nice people. the Costco family welcomed me right in and showed me the ropes, was always an interesting day.

4.2