Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,418 reviews matching the search
Awesome Place to Work
Front End Assistant and Tire Installer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 18, 2017
Costco is a very busy place with members constantly in the store from the moment they open to the minute they close. As a Costco employee you will always be busy. Management looks after their employees and has a good checks and balance system. Costco offers great benefits and the ability for advancement.
benefits
Cons
constant standing
Great place to work compared to industry compitition
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Nothing but good things to say about Costco. I am still a member and enjoyed my time there. The only reason I left was lack of opportunity in my degree field locally.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Great company to work for.
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2017
Costco is a great company to work for and they really take care of their employees. The longer you work for Costco the greater the benefits become and the more secure you feel about life after work.
Pros
great benefits, great company
Cons
no bathroom in the gas station workstation
Great Place to Work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 17, 2017
This job is best if you are a college student, it offers good pay and flexible schedule. You can grow and they do hire from with in. They offer great benefits even if you are part time.
fast
Food handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 17, 2017
working at costco you have to be pretty efficient and quick on your feet. there are so many customers they don't like having people to wait in line. great community with the employees and definitely awesome benefits
Great place to work if you're in college
FRONT END ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 17, 2017
Unfortunately, at the warehouse that I worked at, the management was horrible at warehouse #670! They valued profits over their own employees. You had to do things a certain way and couldn't express your creativity to get a job done. The job is stressful while working under lots of pressure. If you get into an argument with a member, best of luck trying to walk away without a write up.
Pros
Free executive membership after your probationary period (90 days)
Cons
bad management, toxic working environment, angry people 24/7, parking availability
Fun place to work. Everyone I met enjoyed their job.
Cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CASeptember 17, 2017
A fast pace job. I learned to work as a team with others. Management
new there roles. Workplace culture is balanced between all centers. The hardest part of the day was working with other employees that didn't work as hard as myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was help guest with their questions.
Pros
Costco worked around my schedule.
Cons
When asked if i could get hired, they gave me the run around.
fast paced environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 17, 2017
Great place to work..................You can work is various departments.The most enjoying part of the job was working with people . Management is very optimistic about their employees. I learned time management being here and how they are dedicated to the quality of the goods they sale.
Fun workplace environment
Supervisor/Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 15, 2017
I love this company and I will always be willing to go back there if I could. They treat there employees really good and they pay is wonderful. Apply here!
Pleasant work enviroment
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Pleasant working with co workers at Costco
Provide many benefits
Management treat there employees with respect
Meet and greet many people
Stability
Safe enviroment
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
walk alot
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WASeptember 15, 2017
Costco makes you feel like you are a part of the family. The culture is by far the best out of any company I have ever worked for, and you feel like a person vs a number.
Great Benefits but stressful environment
Food Court Associate (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CASeptember 15, 2017
Managment needs a serious reforms. Managers are hired from within and are usually unfit for leadership roles. Since success startss from the top the rest of the employees easily take advantage of the poor leadership. Not only that but customers are very entitled and will treat employees poorly. No matter what they are always right even when they are not (and they are usually not).
Pros
Benefits, stock, paid time off
Cons
schedule conflict, they do not care about prior commitments, must always be available
Burning Calories on the job
Order Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2017
Obtain a scanner, receive orders, start picking the items on to your lift, and proceed to drop off the items/pallet at the designated locations. Repetitive job and fast paced, shipments cannot afford to be late.

Disliked the management, and the managers. Very disorganized. Occasionally I was standing by for orders, due to confusion/mistakes higher up.
Pros
Costco membership
Cons
Usually go hungry, exhausting
great place to grow with the company
STOCKER-CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 14, 2017
Costco overall is a great company to be a part of and represent. You honestly can make it your Carrier, pay and hours are great. management is on point and professional. Costco is a very friendly environment. Working there you learn to value customer service and appreciate the feed back you get from members.
Pros
benefits, membership card
Cons
not up to date with online scheduling
overall good experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WASeptember 14, 2017
Good work-life balance. The dynamic and challenging work environment pushes everyone to stay on top of the current technology. Safe environment for everyone.
I would like a change on schedule shift
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  10701 Suddley road manasva 20109September 14, 2017
I used to love Costco but I would love a change I want to move up and have a change I am not happy there no more speciallly with the new management we are getting in the company
Pros
Free membership for employees
Cons
Two 15 min and a30min lunch
fast pace work environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
warehouse can sometimes get out of order leaving way to much work on the stockers. hard to become full time employee and take a long time to recieve raise.
Pros
benefits, 401k
Cons
short breaks, no overtime
Amazing
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CASeptember 14, 2017
This is a very competitive job. Everyone is trying to advanced themselves to a higher position. the job itself it enjoyable once you get used to it. the people you work with look out for you and try to help when able to.
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 13, 2017
It's a fun job. Somewhere u can grow nd have a career. Great benefits. Awesome management. Nd very helpful employees. We take our members very serious and always try to give them the best service.
Intense work and not rewarding
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 13, 2017
don't get injured at work they'll make you feel like its your fault. The guys are stocking the light stuff while the have me stocking the heaviest items alone and without help.
Pros
free membership/benefits
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2