Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,328 reviews matching the search
Not a horrible job
Personel (Former Employee) –  So where PADecember 9, 2016
Not really into sharing my personal experience because my experience does not reflect the overall feel of the company experience. You really have to be there to see if its the right fit for you.
Horrible and unfair workplace
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2016
I just got wrongfully fired from coscto after working there for almost 7 months. One of my coworkers tried to fight me and I did the right thing by not entertaining it. Great right????....WRONG!!! They still ended up firing me along with the people who were at fault. They stated on my separation papers that they know that I didnt start the altercation....confusing right. They don't care about their employees like they state they do. I've never in my life seen anything like this happen. How do you fire someone who was being attacked???? I will be going to hr asap. I advise anyone looking to work for costco to think twice. Its nothing but drama and favoritism in there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work and work etics any day like play ground
Marketing Representative Member Ship, (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2016
Identify,sales,objectives direct development profit-loss and 100 % costumer satisfaction at all in all the warehouse
great experience
FLOOR ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CADecember 9, 2016
the work was properly taught and great time working. great people and i love to learn. love where i leaned my work skills from ad cant wait to see where it can take me.
Fast Pace
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Your job varies depending on where you are put. I was assigned as a cashier assistant/ floater. Sometimes you can be put on the floor doing go backs and helping customers and other times you can be up front boxing customers groceries.
Pros
Breaks, work with school
Great workplace
Costco Wholesale Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 8, 2016
Costco is a great place to work. The company is ran very well and they treat their employees great. I would recommend working at this company to anyone.
Costco
front end assistant and food court (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 8, 2016
Overall this is a great company, they take care of their employees and the work can be fun. I worked in basically every department which include but are not limited to; bakery, foodcourt, cleaning, freezer stoking, folding clothes, pushing cart you get the idea.
Great Place to Work!
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 7, 2016
Everyday you are learning something new
The company promotes with in
Benefits are great for part timers and full timers
Free Membership after probation
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Easton, OHDecember 7, 2016
I love working for this company. It's a great company but the management here isn't fair. They promote people that they like not the ones who should get it. But other then that we have good staff as well as good members at times. The pay is good as well as the benefits. The company does take care of its employees. It's hard to make a life outside but in the long run it will pay off. If your thinking about working for costco then i would say go ahead and apply for it. You will have fun.
Pros
Pay raises
Cons
Lunch goes quick
I love working here
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJDecember 7, 2016
Good customer service affordable price nice customers excellent food samples.. Costco is a loving that makes you want to keep coming back. They have the greatest deals they make you feel comfortable and welcomed to purchase items they make sure your satisfied this why I love Costco they are very understanding and would love to help you with anything your looking forward to buying
Pros
good customer service
Cons
long lines
Positive workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 7, 2016
I typically have a great work day I learn a lot of new skill everyday within the company. My co workers aree fun easy going and warm spirited kind people. Overall its a great place to work
Pros
FLEXIBLE HOURS
Costco is for everybody and anyone who wants to work
Electronics major sales (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NEDecember 6, 2016
Love the work,looking to make a change if I don't get more hours. Find a new location and work in membership, then you can cross train to other departments
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Finding hours
A great place to work
Cart Crew/Maintenance/Bakery (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 5, 2016
This job is the best job I have had. I am treated like a person instead of a number and I love it here. A typical work day is pretty busy but when it's busy, the time goes by faster. I learn how to talk to our members and I also learn how to make sure that they are first. The management has always been efficient in everything that they do. They help my coworkers with any problem they may have. The Hardest part of my job is staying consistent. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I get to work with our members to make sure they have the best experience possible at Costco.
Pros
Great Work environment
Great co workers
Cashier- Move (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CADecember 5, 2016
Everyone I worked with at Costco were great workers and even better people. Great environment. Good management. Motivation ethics work well. Sable work environment for being so crowded and busy so often. Organized and clean.
Benefits
Cons
Always Busy
Display Assembly
Display Assembly (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 4, 2016
Costco is very good to their employees. Their assembly crew works efficiently and effectively. Co-workers worked well with each other to get the job done.
I Loved it
Food Court (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 4, 2016
The work environment is great. Its very fast pace but your team is too so there is no stress.your always busy and never bored and the team is extremely friendly. plus the pay is amazing.
Pros
if given part time there are benifits
Cons
there was no cons in my opinion
the best company i ever worked for
Vault Clerk/Back-up Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 4, 2016
i enjoyed going to work every day, loved my co-workers and management, my job was fun, had the opportunity to travel on behalf of the home office to assist with new openings to ensure company guidelines were followed in the area of the vault (cash handling).
Pros
best schedule, able to wear shorts year round
Cons
inventory every 6 months worked overnite
fun productive job with plenty room for growth
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 2, 2016
push carts and maintain property cleanliness
assist cashier
sub cashiers that needed breaks
stocked merchandise at end of night
benefits
Cons
work hours
A lot of pros
Marketer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 2, 2016
If you like retail this is not a bad place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement and the benefits are amazing. The main downside is never knowing what your schedule is going to be and working 24 hours a week over 5 days. Also working every single weekend is hard. But it's nice to have holidays off.
Pros
Great benefits, amazing co-workers, no holidays
Cons
working every weekend, having to work 5 days a week part-time
horable management
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Gypsum, CODecember 1, 2016
I really wish the employees such as management would not be so one sided as in they can do what ever including breaking company policy and not face any consequences but if u do the smallest thing wrong they wanna flex there muscles and try n write you up....double standards gsrbage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
horable management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2