Costco Wholesale
1,657 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Great environment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Katy, TxMay 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
A typical day is helping customers greeting them and stocking.

Wasn't there long enough to learn something.

Great.

Hard workers.
Fast Pace job that gave me alot of experience
Front End Employee/ Stock Merchandise (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Hard Work and Great Experiences
Cons: Seasonal position
Reliable and friendly Worker who quickly learns and masters new concepts and skills.I love to pick up new skills that will help me in the workplace so I am always open to learning new things.I am passionate about helping customers and creating a satisfying shopping experience.
fun and good enviroment
Deli Service Clerk (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good time lunch`
Cons: The schedule
Good environment, I learn how to prepare different types of food. My co-workers was very friendly and they helped me a lot. My supervisor was very nice.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Customer service/Stocker (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Providing customer service with a smile
Cons: Seasonal position
Stocking merchandise, cashier providing customer service with a smile. Co workers and managers were friendly and team players. Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy item's and the most enjoyable part of the job was making my customer's happy.
productive and fun place to work with co worker and member.
Member service (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDMay 21, 2015
I do enjoy working with this company. I like co-worker and supervisor. I enjoy working with custmers. Like talking with the different people.
Costco is a very fun and productive place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Niles, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great pay and great benefits
Cons: No cons
Costco is a great company. Costco has great pay and great benefits. Costco treats their employees so well most of their employees never leave.
Very busy work place great benefits
Executive Service Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Physical toll on body (back injuries, joint pain
The level of physical activity takes a toll on your body long term. The company itself is a great company. A typical day at work is very busy and fast paced environment. I really enjoy my co-workers there is allot of unity among us.
Great stepping stone
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 20, 2015
Pros: great benifits, diverse possitions
Cons: constant changes in the scheduling
Costco was a great experience for me. It was demanding and fast paced, allowed me to try many different positions within the same warehouse, and beef up my work experience. I learned how the warehouse works, and all the parts to maintaining a successful company. The employees were very diverse, and constantly changing. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands of stocking, and retrieving carts in the elements.
The most enjoyable part of working at Costco was meeting so many members of the community and building lasting relationships with them, and the incredible managers overseeing day to day operations.
Great place to work. I loved the people and getting to interact with everyone there.
Sales Associate/Freight (Former Employee), Nampa, IdMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and great pay
Cons: short shifts
I loved working for Costco. It was a job that challenged me to learn more about the products that were available and getting to share what I learned with the other members. I was able to learn how to schedule people in the department and get involved with the behind the scenes operation. I was able to use my organizational skills and organize the department I was working in and also the freight we received.
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free membership to shop, Great Benefits
Cons: Inexperence Management
When you first start, you will not have too many hours. However once you pass your 2 yr mark, hours and pay will come. Benefits will make you want to stay with the company.
Baker (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 18, 2015
I was a baker. The management is great and it is a great place to work at. Everyone is treating with respect. The hardest thing was getting more hours.
Exceptionally high standards and intense work environment coupled with exceptional starting wage and room for advancement
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Payed holidays, great benefits, 401k plan, stock that doesn't diminish, high job security, good breaks, high expectations
Cons: Very intense work, sometimes disorganized supervising
An average day at work for me begins at 4:15 or 5:15 am when I gather a shopping cart and a flat bed to store my trash as I stock, and then I get right to it. The whole focus of my position is detail and speed, meaning that more important than getting every bit of product stocked is ensuring that every item is facing handsomely forward, flush with the its pallet and with its identicals, that every pallet is perfectly in line with all the others in an aisle, that every sign is correct and centered, that every product has a display if it needs one, and finally that we finish everything completely by 10 o'clock when the doors open for members to shop. From this job, I've come away with an extreme level of urgency, as well as an attention to detail that I scarce could comprehend prior. I contribute this largely to the firm but encouraging management staff that has so clearly outlined the scope of my duties and to what degree they should be performed. As for my co-workers, I'd say that level of quality is very hit-and-miss. Most of them hate their jobs because they are required to work so hard, but most of them even still aren't even working nearly as hard as I do in the first place and take every chance to complain about how management is terrible because...they tell them to do their jobs the right way...and that apparently irritates them. I could definitely do without that negativity, but they stay for the wages, not a fun work experience. That being said, pairing a functional personal life with a functional work life is astoundingly difficult because I expend extreme quantities – more... of energy while at work. In fact, this unbelievable caloric bombardment on my body has left me desiring a position somewhere that will sacrifice physical exertion in lieu of a mental challenge. That being said, I have always cherished the way in which Costco conducts their business. They treat employees as fairly as a company really can, and provide a lower priced product than almost any other company in their field, all the while presenting to their member base a level of customer service that constantly exceeds their expectations. Altogether, Costco is a wonderful company to work for, and working there has been a privilege. – less
Costco was a great place to work
Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Marysville, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Fun enviornment
Cons: I didn't get to stay long enough
I was hired on as a Seasonal worker at Costco. I worked every shift over the holiday season. The management was a dream to work for. I was treated with ultimate respect.
I was to be hired back for the summer season; however, I had to move from WA.
Great College Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMay 18, 2015
My first real job and was great to have while in college. They were really flexible in working with students and their class schedules. The pay and benefits are unbeatable for a part-time job.
A different learning expirence
Assistant cashier and Cashier (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great food and co-workers
Cons: Rude customers
A typical day involves sorting costumers items into boxes and maintain a clean working area. I learned that not all customers are the same and that I must be efficient with my time. The management team was supportive of my working skill when working busy hours. The co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of my job were the co-workers and unique costumers.
I love Costco
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: love my work
Cons: pay is low for what I do.
Costco is great place to work at,
They have good benefit, they treat members and employees real good.
You get to see the CEO ones or twice a year. They give employees free membership and 3 other family members.
I wish they would pay ICS more than a cashier.
productive work place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: you got a free costco membership
Cons: not enough teamwork
a typical day at Costco consisted of filling prescriptions answering phones doing inventory,handling billing of insurance and and data entry. the management was ok. my co-works were not team oriented. the most enjoyable part of the job were our patients.
Great but not the Best
Seasonal Bakery Team Member (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good staff and environment.
Cons: Some management issues, average pay
Wegmans overall was a very good company. Most of the employees and managers were helpful and friendly, while they had a few bad or less friendly ones. Overall, the management team was outstanding. The pay was above average but maybe could have been a bit more considering the amount of work a Night Manager/Service Team Leader had to do. The hardest part of the job was training and developing a team of thirty or so employees to hopefully one day move up in the company. My favorite part of the job was that everyday I was able to do or learn something new, and the daily interactions with the friendly staff they had hired.
i love it
Administrative Assistant/ Stocker (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, great place to work
Cons: no hours
i love working at costco its a great place to work but need better and more hours.its hard to advance. if your a single parent and you need different hours some managers will work with you but others will cut your hours thats makes it hard to stay at the company.
Great company to work in short-term and probably long-term
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great environment, good benefits
Cons: Not ideal advancement opportunities
Working at Costco was fairly rewarding. Compensation was fairly high, considering the work was very easy and demanded little. Benefits are fairly high as well, even for college students, considering the work done. Management was great at my location, though other locations that I have visited have seemed less than ideal. Customers were usually easy to manage and please. Not a whole lot of negatives working here, unless you are looking for quick advancements.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Salaries

Cashier
Front End Assistant
Front End Associate
Stocker
Merchandiser
$12.00 per hour

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.