Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,107 reviews matching the search
flexible hours
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 22, 2016
Costco was a good place to work at. the managers were willing to listen to you if you had an issue. They also asked for input on how to improve process. They also asked what they can do to help make our jobs more productive.
food demonstration
Food Demonstration (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93308July 22, 2016
A great environment,I would raise sales on products. I had to interact with a lot of different customers, and be friendly .
Pros
Would do something different every day.
Cons
I would stand in one spot most of the times.
very energetic work place
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 20, 2016
Fun environment, you get to meet new people everyday. Work day goes pretty quickly. At Costco it's always busy, nice people.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
favoritism
productive and fun work environment
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 20, 2016
I am a licensed optician but also help as a cashier asst. I receive many phone calls and messages and serve great customer service.
Seasonal staff only no room for growth
Seasonal Staffer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 20, 2016
Seasonal staff is only asked to stay on with the company if they are willing to do remedial tasks. Opportunities are only afforded to those with years of employment not by merit or quality of work/experience.
n/a
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIJuly 19, 2016
My typical day at work would be off loading trucks and tagging them with licenses and shipping across the dock. There would also be wrapping and banding pallets together.
maintenance department
Marketing & Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 17, 2016
Pushed a broom for hours, cleaned toilets, break rooms, emptied trash and trash containers, push floor scrubbers. Learned you can not leave a Department for any reason, have to apply and Interview for opening positions, not even for medical reasons.
Pros
Great place to shop
Cons
All companies have there favorites and they are the ones who are promoted
good place to work but!!!!!
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 14, 2016
Good place to work but will try to take over your life. Great benefits, you can make good money, and a good sick/vacation packages too.
Pros
benefits and rate of pay
An excellent employer to work for
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2016
There is a unique quality in being a COSTCO employee. In addition to health benefits, progressive advance, and bonus opportunities, COSTCO seems to pride itself on an outstanding membership approval. This employer deters from the term of "customer", as it would imply a discouraging stigma associated with shopping at other stores. Being an employee meant being part of a family, metaphorically speaking. Very few jobs would present a sense of comfort that would make one think of a job as a career, like COSTCO has.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, excellent opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Heavying lifting
Great Company
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 14, 2016
Always busy! Excellent member service skills and adaptability are a must to thrive in this work environment. Good benefits package.
A lot of interaction with the public
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 14, 2016
Calls. Assisting members selling Costco this is retail environment and have to be able to multi task at any given moment. You have to prioritize all the time.
Pros
Meet a lot of people
Cons
No commission
fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aloha, ORJuly 13, 2016
It is a fast pace work place you have to be very flexible with hours and your weekends, you work and solve problems and have to like people because you always work with the public.
Pros
free food
Cons
stressfull pace
The best
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXJuly 13, 2016
Costco is one of the best places to work. The people are nicer to work with. Management team are the best. Employees are treated as family. The guest really do have the best experience
Good Place to Work
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 13, 2016
The compensation and benefits at Costco outweigh any negatives that that you experience from a typical retail job. You have to work hard, but you are paid well for your dedication and efforts.
Interesting and fun work
Regional Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  vairousJuly 12, 2016
Traveled to various locations and worked undercover shoplift detail, employee investigations and interrogations for company losses. Also reviewed sales paperwork for auditory purposes.
Pros
Different retail experience, more challenges and good benefits.
Cons
Lots of travel and lack of advancement opportunities.
Fast paced workplace
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 12, 2016
I love to be in fast paced workplace with often changes to adapt. I learned customer service is number one.
Productive and fun workplace
Membership Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 12, 2016
It is a great company to work for but like most businesses you have too many chiefs and not enough indians everyone wants to be in charge, but brsides that this company is great to work for if youre currently looking for a job look up costco
The most enjoyable part about working at costco are the employees
Difficult to obtain a liveable full time position with the company
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJuly 12, 2016
I came into the meat department here at Costco with over 5 years experience running a similar department elsewhere. Despite more experience than most already in the department, I have applied 3 times for a higher position and been overlooked.
I have been cutting meat for over 5 years and Costco still won't even let me touch a knife.

I have come to the conclusion that money is all that matters to this company. The welfare of its employees is not high on the list. The hours offered for probably 75% of the staff is only part time and varies from week to week, making it impossible to find another part time job for income.

In the store that I work I have experienced that nearly 60% of the employees here have turned over since I first started less than a year ago.
Pros
Decent benefits as long as nothing is pre-existing
Cons
Absolute inability to advance if have specialized skills in a particular area
working at costo
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 12, 2016
this job was only a temp job I was there for only 4 weeks the hours was good but good it was a good job I just wish I was there longer then 4 weeks.
Pros
lunch break for a hour
Cons
it was a temp
fun work place
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 12, 2016
Working at night pulling order, working palette making sure that they were balanced, make sure that the right weight, make sure that all safe was use while using differ type of forklift, pallet jacks and other of hand held tools

4.2