Costco Wholesale
1,603 reviews

Costco Wholesale United States Employee Reviews

The best compay to work for
Marketing/ Membership/ Refunds Clerk (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Ive met some really great people working for Costco, from management, peers, to customers. The family oriented workplace makes this establishment even greater to work for.
amazing
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), 117th east harlemApril 24, 2015
it was real fun. Every talks to you nice and respectful . i learn how to cook more and always have a smile and respectful to people even when they are rude to you. the hardest part of working at Costco is dealing with disrespectful customer. and the part i love the most at Costco nobody really bothers you . the managers are rally nice and sweet to you and if you didnt know nothing there always people to help you out . my co workers was really cool and sweet they always had me smiley at work
Productive and fast paced
VAULT CLERK (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Inconsistency of rules and policies
Working at Costco, I learned several things in my position as well as in the warehouse in general. Looking from the beginning to end, I learned that every function is very, very important in Costco. My co-workers from day to day were amazing, willing to help in any shape or form and . Since my schedule fluctuates from day to day, the hardest thing to do actually deals with my body adjusting to the different times and not the actual job. My job responsibility in Costco is actually high pressured; however I have adjusted quite well over the years.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Having a membership
Cons: no Cons
Ive worked in many departments at costco, but a typical day at work is helping the members. I have learned how to help peope, safety tips and some management skills.
Its super fun workplace
seasonal employee (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free luches or snacks and good environment
Cons: none
Typical day at work would be pretty fast pace. Always moving time usually goes by fast a fair break time and plenty of free food at times at work. Also, there is a ping pong table.
Overall Feelings
Variety (Current Employee), MidwestApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Not enough employees scheduled
Costco is a great company to work for. It is a high paced environment that keeps you on your toes. I've learned how to multi-task, as well as to deal with difficult members. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough staff scheduled and we get swamped with members. We definitely work hard for our paychecks. I love most of my co-workers, we get along great and they definitely make my day go by faster. The hardest part of the job is having to stand on my feet for my whole shift. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. I have learned several departments while working for the company and i love it.
Not what it used to be
AM Stocker (Former Employee), Shoreline, WAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Part time benefits aren't too bad
Cons: Most of the supervisors and managers have no idea what they're doing, Managers with drug problems, Poor pay, Care more about shareholders then hardworking employees
So since Jim Sinigal stepped down, it seems as if the CFO has been running the company. Now they're all about their margins. So after the most recent rework of their "excellent pay scale" (barely $2 over minimum wage, and it takes about 5 years to get out of the rabbit starving paycheck range.) They have not been replacing the people who leave, and trying to get other to pick up the slack... Imagine coming in at 4am every day, being told to go fold clothes for an hour every morning, then by the time you can block down your 5 aisles (standard used to be 2) its lunch time, then you can do maybe half the work and its almost clean up time and the managers are yelling at you for not finishing your stocking.

Costco is nothing like it used to be. Still alright if you're a student or its your first job, but I really don't recommend working for them until the company corrects its direction.
A learning experience
Front-end Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits and great pay
Cons: Very stressful demanding mentally and physically without much reward
My job is high paced physically and mentally demanding. I have learned a lot in the last eight months as a supervisor. My job duties are cashier, assistant, Merchandise Pick-up window clerk, auditor, opener, closer, board runner, floor supervisor, cart supervisor, and any other job that I may be assigned. I am there to pick up calls for cashiers and assist members with their needs. I answer to my management about productivity and hours to be cut. Responsible for employees training and reviews. Work over time when needed and every weekend. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help someone and they leave our store happy.
Fun going and energtic environment
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIApril 21, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: Wont work around another job or your family
Its a hard place to work
Its all about who you know
They do teach you a lot of skills and train
you in every area so you can help out where needed
great place to work
Night Floor Manager (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Decent working conditions advancement if you relocate but not guaranteed
Cons: advancement is impossible or maybe after 15-20 yrs up 1 level
Great place to work however if you work in fl advancement is impossible everyone wants to be here, you can get by on 52000 a year with decent working condtions but really never get ahead due to the cost of living and inflation that exists today

Benefits were fantastic but when the ecomony crashed the company down graded all benefits and now they are so so I think if you didnt get benefits deducted from your check and found a good obama plan that would be better insurance
A Day At Costco Pharmacy
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Hayward, CAApril 17, 2015
A typically day at Costco consist of a busy workflow with great co-workers. We work as a team. Enjoy helping and meeting new people on a daily basis.
good working atmosphere
Optician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and health benefits, fantastic co-workers
Cons: changing of the shift schedule
my day starts with greeting members, answering questions like locating items in the warehouse, assisting handicapped members in shopping, working alongside co-workers, helping each other out with issues. Working full shifts, two breaks and a lunch were great. The greatest part of my job was the satisfaction I received for making our members have a better experience.
Costco ls a well known well stablished company
Perdiem Pharmacist (Current Employee), Glen Mills, PAApril 15, 2015
I enjoy working for Costco. Costco is a well established , growing company and there is a lot of room for Employees development and growth.
Costco
Fork Lift Driver, Sales Associate, Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Commerce, MIApril 15, 2015
As you can read in numerous articles Costco is a great place to work at. Costco offers great pay to employees and benefit to match. I learned a lot about customer service and business at Costco.
Great company to work for .
Associate (Former Employee), Cypress, CaliforniaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: N/A
Stocked Merchandise.
Cashier and Cashier Assistant.
Cart Collector.
Costco had a great team always enjoyed going to work.
Costco Whole sale!!!!!!
Cashier/Zoning Associate (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Pay rate is high starting, Overtime was a constant, great pay check after taxes
Cons: Hard to stay on pay roll after the season was over.
The only bad thing I can honestly say about costco is the fact that this was only a temporary position for me. I loved the work enviroment the pay rate started at 12 dollars an hour which was great! the compensation met the responsibility and the work load. costco is a great place to work, I just wished they called me back after the season for a permanent position.
COSTCO
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 12, 2015
FUN PLACE TO WORK PEOPLE ALWAYS HAD A SMILE. WORKING THERE WAS LIKE WORKING WITH FAMILY. I NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES. GOOD JOB TRAINING.
It was a great work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 9, 2015
When working at Costco as a deli clerk every time I come to work I felt good vides about this place plus everyone was respectful and polite. The management of this company was under control and well organize. I learn a lot from great people skills to food inventory.My co-workers was fantastic to me and customers never had a altercation with them and on are lunch breaks we will always make jokes of each others This store is really big and this lady was asking what section is this item located at. Remind I'm a deli clerk it took me a while to get familiar with the store then I got the familiar with the and locating were items are at. I love coming in early and checking the food inventory preparing the food for display and also keeping the customers satisfied.
Great Place to work; learned a lot
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free Memberships as a benefit
Cons: No discounts on merchandise
Costco is a great place to work and management was respectful and good to work for. I was only a seasonal employee
and I am waiting patiently to be hired on full time. Great place for advancement too.

I learned great warehouse & merchandising skills which I had not done before and actually lost weight with all the heavy lifting from the fork lifts. My co-workers were supportive and a good team to work with.
fun place to work. make great money
Returns clerk/Membership clerk (Former Employee), The Woodlands TxApril 8, 2015
Pros: make great money
Cons: management
On a typical day I would just do all the returns and help customers sign up for memberships.
They have way to much management, one manager will tell you to do something and while your in the middle of doing it another one will come tell you your doing it wrong.
Everyone I worked with was amazing. Very happy to be at work and everyone is family.
The hardest part is how unorganized they are.
The most enjoyable thing about working at costco is everyone is like family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Salaries

Cashier
Front End Associate
Front End Assistant
Stocker
Merchandiser
$12.00 per hour

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.