Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,424 reviews matching the search
Brand Ambassador
Freelance Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I came in to Costco to do a 10 day roadshow. Everyone was fantastic, helpful and kind. My display exploded when I opened it and they got their main engineer to set it up for me. Now that is the ultimate customer service.
I loved it there
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2017
Very good place to work i would go back any it was like one big family there i had a baby so i couldnt stay but they was very good to me one of the best jobs o have had i loved the ppl i worked with and the guess was sweet to me as well its a good place to grow
Great Long Term Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Costco is a great place to work. The hours are a little rough during your first 90 days, but you have the ability to move around after that. Everyone that works there was easy to work with.
Pros
Forced breaks, benefits, good base pay
Cons
Early hours
Great enviorment
Front End A (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 19, 2017
people who work at costco enjoy their job. Everything is done with team work and the managers make you feel appreciated. i thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Great Company, don't shy away from them
Front End/Deli/Meat Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 19, 2017
Costco is a great place to work with a healthy work environment that is both energizing and fulfilling. Management is great and willing to work along side you as you grow with the company. Costco offers many opportunities to grow and expand your expertise and knowledge with the desire to move you up as a reliable and loyal employee
Wonderful Carrier Training
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAJanuary 18, 2017
Costco was a great job, and if I didn't move back to Kansas, I would still work there.
It was a team job, everyone went to bat for each other and we all pitched it to further the company.
Management was exceptional and big on team incentive.

Starting any new job has it's struggles, but there was always someone who would show me the ropes.

Just going to work everyday in a pleasant atmosphere was rewarding.
Pros
fun work environment and fast pace
Cons
Busy days were tiring but rewarding
Depends on your location and management team
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 18, 2017
I never complain about money but work/life balance is really suffering. If job stability is your thing, Costco is for you.
Pros
Pay, job security
Cons
Some jobs don't allow for a good work/life balance because of shift.
A great place to work. Friendly staff, great benefits, and management that cares.
Food Court Leader, Membership Assistant, ect. (Former Employee) –  ColoradJanuary 18, 2017
I worked here for five years and I obtained so much real world experience. I obtained sales experience, stocker experience, customer service experience, fast food experience, and leadership experience. A great place to start.
Hectic work enviorment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Costco is a good company but when working it is a lot to handle. The expectation is quite high but able to reach. Co workers are great and till this day im still friends with a few.
Great Hours and I enjoyed the job
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Unloading Shipping Containers by Hand when needed.
Loading and Unloading Merchandise
Shrink-wrapping Merchandise that weren’t already Palletized
Cleaning Trailers for Outgoing Merchandise
Stacking Pallets
Maintaining a Clean and Safe Environment
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch. Clean workplace
Cons
Some employees did not pull there weight. Limited promtions
A workplace with may different department options to work in that fit specific schedules
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2017
During the Holidays, Costco always hires seasonal employees and I was one of those hires for the 2014 holiday season. This was a part-time job that was early mornings and would always allow me to work an extra three hours a day to meet the regular forty hour work week. If it wasn't for my decision to go back to school, Costco is a great company with many opportunities to grow within.
Pros
Free Membership, Benefits, Always work to be done
Cons
Five am, part-time
Costco Review
Membership Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2017
At Costco it is a very busy environment. It is a fun place to work and you become part of a family. It has taught me about business and customer service. It helped me learn that not everything is black and white. Being a supervisor taught me to help others. It is crucial to train others and train them well. Keeping a positive attitude is also very important. Just as negative attitudes, positive attitudes are contagious and it is easier to get through a hard day surrounded by happy upbeat people.
Learned alot from members and my co workers
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJanuary 14, 2017
I worked in almost every department and I learned a lot from different people that shop their. The members and co workers are nice.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too many people shop there
Respectful with Growth!
Front end (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at work felt like a consistent loving environment. Management was fair with quick trial ad error reflexes. Would greatly recommend employment to friends and family.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Retail Holidays
Its Nice working with Cosctco
Linux Admin (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Its Nice working with Cosctco and it was fun and productive working with Costco family and it was pleasure to be part of the team.
Very efficient Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 13, 2017
A lot of teamwork and always showing encouragement with employees and always looking to do better than the day before!

Excellent workplace!
great place to work
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 13, 2017
its a great place to work great people and great product and great environment it just needs to be easier to get on there management is good and you learn soo much in a short time ,, its not cut out for everyone the hardest part is making sure u did everything upon closing
Pros
pay and medical beneifit
Cons
lack of advancement
Productive, always something to do
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Great environment to work in. Friendly people, never a dull moment. Always busy, time goes by fast. Employees are friendly, managers are helpful. Parking is terrible.
Pros
Always busy, time goes by fast.
Great growth
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I feel I have a voice within the company. . . . I am also empowered to make decisions without fear of repercussions (as long as the decisions are not stupid).It is a pleasure to work for a company that is growing in the right direction and takes care of their employees.
Great company to work at.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PA 19340January 11, 2017
Although the company provided a great benefits package the wage was insufficient and the hours difficult. The job as a stocker is very physical and demanding, so eat your Wheaties. Great people to work with and for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2