Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Amazing Company to become a part off.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: amazing
Cons: no complaints at all!
As an employer Costco warehouse is amazing. This company appreciates and takes amazing care of their employees. Benefits and pay are astonishing. And they work around your school schedule!
They pay really well
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: pay was good and benefits
Cons: they are not union
Costco was a good place to work. The pay was really good and the benefits were as well.
Productive and good company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Newark, DEApril 14, 2014
I regular day at Costco is me engaging with members on a constant base. making sure that all their needs are met and that customer satisfaction is provided.
Love working for Costco
Forklift Driver and Merchandise Stocker (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: health benefits(even for part time), set raises after working so many hours, vacation and sick pay, living paid wage, and bonuses.
Stocking is a lot of work being you need to be able to handle constantly lifting very heavy items on a regular basis. Management is noticeably better than working elsewhere mainly because those managers have started from the bottom inside the company like everyone else thus letting them know how things are and can be done, and they are more of a leader – more... than just a boss. My favorite thing about Costco is their belief in treating their employees well and great things will happen. Of course they do expect you to do your job, but having respect from the company makes anyone want to work even harder for them and that's what makes Costco successful. – less
Hectic workplace but worth it
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Culver City, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: job security, and a sense of accomplishment
Cons: may be stressful at times and hectic place by costco's nature
Working at Costco pharmacy is a pretty wild ride. A typical day consist of taking in an average of 600 prescriptions per day. We are never slow. Costco is usually a busy place and we attend each member with exceptional customer service. That means we have to take in many prescriptions, input them in, fill them, and verify them while maintain low wait – more... times as best we can. Things could get pretty hectic in there but being appreciated by the patients when they notice how hard we work in there makes it worth it. – less
Productive and fun atmosphere
Non-Licensed Optician (Current Employee), El Centro, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no set schedule
Learned many skills and departments. Ability to advance within the company. Great atmosphere and friendly people.
Productive and fun indeed
Meat Department/Sanitation Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAApril 10, 2014
Great place, great staff. Secured areas always following strict safety rules. The managers know what they're doing.
This is a great place to work overall.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benifits, fun culture, great employees, and you meet many great members.
Cons: managment
Costco is a great place to work. The pay is good, the benefits are great and you get to meet many different people. The everyday tasks are reasonable. The only gripe would be with the management. Most of the time it seems like they don't know what they're doing and seems like they're guessing with how to run the company.
Good people, retail environment.
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Medford, ORApril 8, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: micro-managment to the extreme.
Costco is a good place to work with a lot of great people and a positive atmosphere. The typical issues with any retail outfit are there, but overall, a positive experience.
well paid with minimal education requirements. Good on the job training and advancement opportunities
Sales (Current Employee), Avondale, AZApril 8, 2014
Pros: great boss. flexible with my work schedule
Cons: nights / weekends / hard to take time off / part-time status
My job is customer service. I am good at it and enjoy what i do. The department that i am in has no real room for growth for me.
Costco
First Call Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), yakima washingtonApril 8, 2014
My typical day at work consists of answering upwards of 70 calls a day regarding orders placed on the Costco.com website. Providing customer service to all of the members and non members that visit our site and have questions regarding products and our company in general.
Great opportunity
Food Court (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 7, 2014
I was not a fit for the company but i really enjoyed working there. Daily work was mainly cashiering would have liked to learn everything in a shorter amount of time so i could be more useful to co-workers. most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the co-workers,
friendly co workers, fast paced and friendly environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 5, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, always busy, employee fridge (for home made lunches), vending machines, microwave, personal lockers, not too late work hours.
Cons: they dont really hire people for full time or part time work, being rehired after seasonal position is almost never, some customers can be hostile.
i really liked working at Costco, i learned a lot of new skills and i appreciated the advice some of my coworkers gave on helping to maintain stable stamina since the work place was always busy with costumers ordering or picking up orders.
Management was great, they are always helpful with questions or concerns about the stores safety and open for ideas – more... on better environments for not only the customers but its employees.
I think most hardest part of the job, well for me anyway; i got a little turned around looking for paper towels since Costco is so big, But aside from my bad navigation skills it was really nice, the people were okay and even though i only worked seasonal, i would really like to work there again. – less
Costco Fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Westbury, NYApril 4, 2014
Costco is a fast paced environment and offer many benefits to their employees.

From working there I was able to interact with people of many cultures.

I made friends with some of the coworkers.
Great experience and diverse work environment
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and free membership
Cons: scheduling not consistant
Wonderful place to work to learn new skills and have advancement. They are willing to help you train for success in a career that you will fit in. I held the following positions within two years:
Safety Coordinator, Marketer, Cashier, Cashier Assistant, Elementary Reading Tutor, Benefits Consultant and Telemarketer
great place
Cashier/Seasonal Help (Former Employee), houston,txApril 2, 2014
great job to keep. the people are amazing. easy job. great benefits. the pay is amazing
Easy job working with great people and great benefits
Retail Stocker (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 1, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits and pay
Cons: very hard to get full time hours
I am very grateful for my job at Costco. Even though the job is mindless and not very rewarding, I could not have made it through school without this job. The environment is fun, the pay and benefits are way above average and I have enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Fast paced work environment
Lot Crew (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 1, 2014
- developed communication skills in a busy work environment
- learned how to balance various tasks at once in a team setting
Great Community, Poor Management
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: compensation, job security, advancement, coworkers
Cons: short breaks, poor management, poor communication, scheduling
Most managers maintain distance with the employees, they have the potential to foster growth and skills within their subordinates. Employees are selected seasonally and top performers remain within the company. Most daily tasks must be executed with a sense of urgency and must also remain vigilant in providing excellent customer service. I learned the – more... business aspect and company social responsibility. Co-workers foster a great environment, which takes other away from stressful endeavors. The biggest difficulties experienced was time constraints, as there is a lot of work that needed to be done in a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience that I provided with customers. – less
Excellent Company with room for growth
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: strong company room for growth
As a Front End Supervisor for Costco Wholesale I was tasked with managing 80+ employees at once, maintaining productivity, handling large amounts of money, inventory management, merchandising

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos