Costco Wholesale
1,671 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Flexible job with good pay just don't expect to get promoted
Front End (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: good benefits, flexible hours, goof pay
Cons: glass ceiling, promote friends with less experience over qualified candidates with seniority
High volume of customers, crazy conditions. Great place to work through college. Tough to advance through politics and managers keeping their bubbles intact.
Customer service is number 1
Produce, Stocker, Freezer/Cooler, Member Service (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good money and benefits
Cons: Management is not very organized.
You work hard at Costco, there is no sitting or chatting with co-workers. The member/customer is #1 and you give the members full attention and do anything in your power to please them. Costco pays well and has excellent insurance benefits. The company takes good care of their employees.
Great benefits and good job advance
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Westlake, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: part time you are required to work 5/day a week
Costco has great benefits with great job advancement. Great place to
really increase your multitasking skills. The co-workers there are real veterans, most have been there for more than 10 years and they're real passionate and care about their jobs which is good to see at any company you work for. The hardest part of the job is really getting to know and understand the type of customers you attend to, they require more since they pay to be members there. The customer service there is really high in expectations and that good. A challenge is always good. They are always pushing you to be better and perform better. At the end of it all it really makes you a better employee.
Great Place to work
Morning Stocker (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 31, 2015
As a morning stocker my duties were to ensure that all of dates on the products are up to date and that nothing is bad or is going to be bad. Along with that I would also have to assist members with finding the products that they are currently looking for
Great Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, IllinoisMay 30, 2015
Costco Wholesale is a company where the member is truly the center of all decisions and the company ensures this by treating their employees very well. Working at a high traffic location has taught me how to keep a level head in times of panic as well as the opportunity to learn multiple different job areas.
production and fun workplace with different ethnicity
Front aid assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Seasonal position
A typical day at work was to come early, clock in, and help the cashier pack the customer's grocery.

I leaned it was a productive place and fun if you know your job.

There wasn't any hardest part of the job.

Management- Great

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers, supervisors, and greeting the customers.
Awesome place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Yakima, WAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Costco membership is free
Answering phone calls sounds easy, but its different when you're taking in complaints, or trying to help an upset customer out. Although the customers can sometimes be difficult to deal with, the people surrounding you make the job well worth it.
Great company for longevity
Front-End and Membership Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
Pros: Tons of opportunity for advancement
Cons: You gotta get to know a lot of people to get the jobs you want.
I have worked for the company for ten years. It is growing exponentially. Getting on board is really hard but worth the struggle.
Key is to know someone who knows when they are hiring.
my job
Membership Processing Agent (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 27, 2015
serving hosting bussing bar resturant. Bartending to excellent customers and local business around. Awesome co workers who take job serious but know when to have little fun.
focused on the young, especially the children of Costco workers
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: We are given free food, usually fruit, salad and chicken practically every Friday. We get a free Executive membership. After 5 years, each employee receives a bonus check every 6 months.
Cons: Nepotism, discrimination against those with degrees of higher education and seasoned (age), POOR training practices.
Costco is a great place to work if you are young. If your parents or grandparents work for Costco, then you are pretty much guaranteed a promotion in a very short period of time.

If you hire on with Costco with experience, as well as a degree of higher education, you are put through a de-programming so you learn the "Costco way". Typically you do not receive promotions. Instead you are told that you don't have enough experience because you have not worked as a supervisor for Costco. So the vicious cycle continues. This is especially true if you have wrinkles or gray hair.

Costco management, from my limited experience, of people who have only managed in Costco, and therefore, have very limited experience in managing people. Most of the supervisors and managers are in their position because of who they know. There is a lot of nepotism. The training and mentoring obviously goes on during off hours, because there is practically no formal training given to any employee. Most employees are thrown into a job with minimal instruction and expected to perform at an exceptional level. It's either sink or swim.

Costco benefits are excellent. They are the best I have ever had in my years in the workforce.
Great environment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Katy, TxMay 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
A typical day is helping customers greeting them and stocking.

Wasn't there long enough to learn something.

Great.

Hard workers.
Fast Pace job that gave me alot of experience
Front End Employee/ Stock Merchandise (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Hard Work and Great Experiences
Cons: Seasonal position
Reliable and friendly Worker who quickly learns and masters new concepts and skills.I love to pick up new skills that will help me in the workplace so I am always open to learning new things.I am passionate about helping customers and creating a satisfying shopping experience.
Encouraging work environment
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMay 22, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits
No matter what you do, prioritize helping others to being selfish and thinking of only yourself.
Also, your team is only as strong as its weakest link.
fun and good enviroment
Deli Service Clerk (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good time lunch`
Cons: The schedule
Good environment, I learn how to prepare different types of food. My co-workers was very friendly and they helped me a lot. My supervisor was very nice.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Customer service/Stocker (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Providing customer service with a smile
Cons: Seasonal position
Stocking merchandise, cashier providing customer service with a smile. Co workers and managers were friendly and team players. Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy item's and the most enjoyable part of the job was making my customer's happy.
productive and fun place to work with co worker and member.
Member service (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDMay 21, 2015
I do enjoy working with this company. I like co-worker and supervisor. I enjoy working with custmers. Like talking with the different people.
Costco is a very fun and productive place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Niles, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great pay and great benefits
Cons: No cons
Costco is a great company. Costco has great pay and great benefits. Costco treats their employees so well most of their employees never leave.
Very busy work place great benefits
Executive Service Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Physical toll on body (back injuries, joint pain
The level of physical activity takes a toll on your body long term. The company itself is a great company. A typical day at work is very busy and fast paced environment. I really enjoy my co-workers there is allot of unity among us.
Great stepping stone
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 20, 2015
Pros: great benifits, diverse possitions
Cons: constant changes in the scheduling
Costco was a great experience for me. It was demanding and fast paced, allowed me to try many different positions within the same warehouse, and beef up my work experience. I learned how the warehouse works, and all the parts to maintaining a successful company. The employees were very diverse, and constantly changing. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands of stocking, and retrieving carts in the elements.
The most enjoyable part of working at Costco was meeting so many members of the community and building lasting relationships with them, and the incredible managers overseeing day to day operations.
Great place to work. I loved the people and getting to interact with everyone there.
Sales Associate/Freight (Former Employee), Nampa, IdMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and great pay
Cons: short shifts
I loved working for Costco. It was a job that challenged me to learn more about the products that were available and getting to share what I learned with the other members. I was able to learn how to schedule people in the department and get involved with the behind the scenes operation. I was able to use my organizational skills and organize the department I was working in and also the freight we received.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Salaries

Cashier
Front End Assistant
Front End Associate
Stocker
Merchandiser
$12.00 per hour

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.