Costco Wholesale
1,266 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

love working with my other employes
Food Server (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: i have nothing to say about that
well I love working with people,iam a people person.i got to try different things every day,so for me it was fun because everyday I didn't know what I was going to do everyday.
productive and great environment
Major Sales (Current Employee), chicago ilOctober 24, 2014
- a typical work day includes helping members locate items on the sales floor. Doing projects for mangers. Being very versatile helping other associates in the warehouse.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the members, and seeing smiles on there faces satisfied coming to our warehouse.
-The hardest part of my job is find more hours – more... to work when your just part. – less
too up tight
Sales (Former Employee), san leandro caOctober 24, 2014
Cons: make you run everywhere
this company is super up tight....and the will dog you out asking to to run instead or walking to each loction
Great place to work!
Cashier/sales/food court (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Costco! It is a great place to work and the benefits are great!
busy place but i love working here working fast help time go fast
Front end (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free member ship great work place
I love Costco great members awesome coworkers and great management. Great store find any home need with great costumer service.
Productive workplace
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 23, 2014
Greet co-workers and members, I try to create a friendly relationship with everyone, and co-workers come from all different backgrounds of ages 18 and older.
member services cashier packer and greeter
Greeter/Customer Service/Cashier/Packer (Former Employee), Durham NcOctober 21, 2014
Pros: co workers, pay, hours, clean, fun working environment
Cons: store management
Fast paced environment dealing with members. Running a cash register helping pack and unpack the baskets. Selling memberships to best suite the members. Attending to members needs pushing carts and helping members with shopping and other needs they may have.
simply the best !!!!! great atmosphere
Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), chino hills caOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good pay start . great raises . great benefits
Cons: they start you temporary
it was nice to come to work and see everyone with a big smile on their face and happy to work there . Management were and pretty sure still are the best !!!
They were very understanding and knew how to treat their employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to b part of Costco .
great job
Merchandise Stocker (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2014
hard working preparing for up coming day. I stock for building intime for the memebers
An ordinary day at Stew Leonards
Meat Department/Sanitation Assistant (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and employee appreciation dinners.
Cons: working in extreme weather conditions
A productive day at Stew Leonard's would consist or bagging and scanning out groceries. Making sure the customer received premier customer service. I learned how to be social with others and relate to customer needs. The management was very energetic and caring. Co-workers were very social and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was learning – more... new department that were unfamiliar to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my peers. Mostly everyone there were young students which made the job pleasant to work for. – less
Great company to work for.
Cashier ; Photo Technician ; Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and work experience
Cons: long hours during the holiday seasons
During my 9 years working with Costco Wholsale I was able to take advantage of the many positions available. For 5 years I was a cashier. I am very comfortable on a register and handling cash from this experience. The next 3 years I was a part of the Photo Lab. I leaned a lot from this position. I processed photos, ran a cash register,helped members – more... (both everyday personal photographers and professional photographers). I also gained experience working on the digital photo processer by learning from technicians when they would repair the processer. The latter year I worked in Costco's vault. On a daily basis I would count over 30 tills, make deposits, and handle any other money related details. Costco is a great company to work for. A variety of postions are available and the medical benefits are excellent. – less
hardworking fun place to be productive
cds (Former Employee), newark, delawareOctober 16, 2014
Pros: company provides workers lunch within because they make there own food
Cons: short breaks
a good job to work great benefits amazing learning experience
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier\Morning Merchandising (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, great benefits, unity, diversity
Cons: hard to get certain days off
The pay, benefits, and opportunities are great at Costco. It's one company that stands apart in its employee satisfaction philosophy.
Not Fair
Merchandiser/Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, overtime
Cons: management, job culture, hours
I asked for flexible hours because I wanted to go to school and I got "LAID OFF" the same day....HMMM I WONDER WHY....Management was not at all open to any suggestions...the job was terrible I felt like a zombie.
Overall in the right warehouse, working for costco can be a great experience. They have terrific pay and benefit package.
Forklift Operator/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits, frequent breaks
Cons: unorganized management and no consistency in scheduled days off
A typical day at work would be we would usually have a meeting with all scheduled employees about any major changes occurring during that day. I would access the needs in my given area and create an action plan with stockers. I would discuss any changes and action plans.
Some of the things I learned was how to merchandise and utilize time more efficiently – more... in a fast pace environment. I also learned to adapt to constant changes in a fast passed environment.
Management had to constantly adapt and improvise along with the fork lift drivers on any last minute changes. My co-workers manage their time well and are easy to work with. Everyone know their part and what it takes to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the fact that it was constantly changing at the last second. You have to be ready to improvise and change direction at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was costumer satisfaction and the challenge of how every experience is different. Most of the members at Costco love shopping there. They love the fact all the employees are personable and enjoy their jobs. – less
Fun and Productive work envrionment
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Concordville, PAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day I would help out prepare all the food items that are needed for the day. I would also maintain the inventory that was needed and kept up with putting it away and making sure the department had what was needed on a daily basis. The hardest part was sanitation and closing up the department. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers. I had – more... great management and co-workers – less
Sales
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: clean work
Cons: sales work hours
Good experience, learned how to engage sales process. Work out of a kiosk in a store and get people to buy goods and services.
I actually liked working for Costco straight out of high school.
Sales Associate/Deli food Prep (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 12, 2014
I would complete a daily production log within my shifts. I would help any customers who needed assistance. I would maintain a clean work space all throught the day.
Good Place to Work
SAP/Legacy Sr.QA Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2014
Good Place to Work , Lot of opportunities to learn,Humanity,Humility and integrity
great benefits
Tire Technician/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDOctober 10, 2014
like all retail places costcos hours sucks bottoms and blows flutes!
have to bang management to move up within. Pizza is soggy and garbage

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos