Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,288 reviews matching the search
Very stable and well run company
Photography Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bend, Oegon USAAugust 23, 2017
An 8 hour workday at Costco included two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The workplace atmosphere was very positive and if you were lucky enough to get a full time position, you held on to it. Very little employee turnover at our warehouse. It is possible to move around to various departments within the store and the training is on the job but very good and the supervisors were quite patient. Before landing in the photo lab I worked in the bakery and delicatessen where I learned many skills. You are expected to work very hard at Costco but the pay scale and benefits reflect that effort. I particularly enjoyed working with and helping our customers at the photo lab. I also liked the fast pace of the lab and my coworkers and supervisor. We were a fabulous team! During the holiday season I had to come into the lab very early in the morning to process greeting card orders. It was difficult to wake up at 3am but there was usually coffee and a box of pastries in the break room waiting for us early risers. Overall, a good company to work for.
Pros
Working with customers and coworkers
Cons
sometimes odd hours.
Costco
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNAugust 22, 2017
working in the pharmacy was a great job! I answered patient phone calls in regards to refills. I refilled prescriptions, answered phones, restocked the pharmacy, cashier duties.
Good company
Representative (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 22, 2017
Costco is a good company to work for and have a great compensation and benefits package. Some of the things that goes on in the warehouse can bother an employee. Overall they are a good company though.
Productive environment to work in and great benefits
Refund Clerk (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 22, 2017
Great job, room for advancement and great benefits, pay and co-workers. This job paid for my college tuition and it is hard to find a job that pays more than this company.
Great job. very positive atmosphere, good benefits , care for you as you care for them .
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 22, 2017
Costco wholesale is a amazing job . wonderful atmosphere, great benefits, they take care of you the same way you take care of them. Definitely worth your time .
Pros
Good breaks, benefits.
Cons
Constantly moving
Productive and fun working environment
FRONT END ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2017
Workplace is smooth but very hectic. Coworkers are very fun and they make you feel at home. I learned the basic procedures of how a warehouse closes and how efficient they are at getting their job done.
Upbeat, fast paced, easygoing place to work
Clothing Department (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAAugust 21, 2017
Most of my day was spent helping customers find things in the store, folding the clothes and putting away misplaced products. I also helped box orders at the checkout lanes once or twice a shift. Usually that didn't last more than an hour.

Management is nice and provides a great relaxed workplace. As busy as the store is they could make it very stressful, but instead it just feels like there's always lots to do and it's fun to do it.

The hardest part of the job is the concrete floor, (no pun intended.) Get good shoes with cushion and wiggle room for your toes and you'll be fine.

The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling glad to go to work each day, like your going to a second home with a second family.
Pros
easygoing, fast pace, zero stress, great pay
Cons
concrete floor, late hours
Great Company
Receiving/RTV Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 21, 2017
Costco is an amazing company. They pay well and the benefits are the best. It is retail though, so the hours can be tough as some people work as early at 4am and some people are there as late as 11pm.
Pretty Good Enviroment
Central and Capital Expense Clerk (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 21, 2017
My experience at Costco was fairly good. The work environment was extremely chill and the management was fairly reasonable to say the least. My position was temp
Great Company
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Costco is one of the best companies to work for, They have an environment that shows they cares about their associates. The benefits are amazing and the management staff is great.
Retail Pharmacy setting
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 21, 2017
A typical day involved assisting the pharmacist in the daily operations of the retail pharmacy. This included the intake of written, electronic and faxed prescriptions, evaluating the document to ensure it was completed correctly and processing the prescriptions. I also retrieved drugs off the shelves to count the dispensed quantity and return the drug to its proper place on the shelf. An other responsibility was to receive and verify the daily order. I also stored the filled prescription according to the appropriate method and also completed the sale of the prescription by operating the cash register and having the customer sigh the proper electronic documents.

While on the job, I learned how to read a prescription to ensure it was written correctly. I also learned how to properly to enter and adjudicate and finalize the intake to create a label to fill the prescription.

The management was very passive aggressive and did not communicate well. With that being said, the workplace environment was stressful and negative.

The hardest part of the job was working with an old processing system (it was created and installed in 1985). The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the customers. They were wonderful people.
Pros
the customers
Cons
management and processing system
It a great place
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 21, 2017
The managers play favoritism and it shows. They don't believe in teamwork all the time. Most of the time they send you to do tasks that they don't want to do.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Talking and laughing as we work
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at Costco is very busy due to me opening the store which sets a timetable for me to get the store up and running before opening. I love working at a fast pace and working with other employees.
Pros
free memberships
Honestly love working for this company
Member Service (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIAugust 21, 2017
Working at Costco Wholesale has been nothing short of amazing. The management and workers are all amazing. And create a fun and safe place to work. Everyone gets along with everyone.
Fast paced and friendly
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UT 84107August 19, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me helping out the customers either find items they want and loading their items onto the conveyor belt.
What I learned from this job is that the more we interact with others, easier it is to be positive. I was also able to learn the importance of putting our customers first. Ensuring that they have everything they need and that we are being honest with our prices.
I wasn't there long enough to really have any thoughts about the management besides the fact that they were very well organized and handled tough situations well.
The workplace was very lively and upbeat. Everyone was always positive and encouraging.
The hardest part of the job was probably having to push carts outside after a snow storm.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of such a positive community.
Pros
Great coworkers and great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and enjoyable work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNAugust 18, 2017
Friendly coworkers and shoppers, learned a lot about Costco products in order to help customers. Benefits were good with flexible scheduling. At Costco the culture is like nothing i've experience before, it is so diverse which has also taught me a lot.
Pros
Great co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful long days
my time at costco
Cashier assistant/Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 18, 2017
I think Costco offers a lot of different kinds of experience that you couldn't find anywhere else. I believe the team and the employees at Costco really make you feel part of their own family. It's a lot of hard work but at the same time it feels rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Overtime pay.
Cons
Scheduling, non fixed hours.
Productive workplace
Food Court Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2017
Costco was an amazing place to work. It was tough, but the pay was well worth it. Very good customer service, the managers, supervisors are very nice, flexible and understanding.
Pros
Free Costco membership card
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to workplace great benefits
Produce (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 17, 2017
Costco Wholesale is a retail business that can be overwhelming for its members. I do a great job making it easier for their shopping experience. It is fast pace & I excel at that pace because I'm a hard worker.
Pros
Sundays are paid time & a half
Cons
Inventory late night shifts twice a year
Very fast pace company.
Outside Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 17, 2017
Well established company to work for and a lot of opportunities within the company to advance your career. You can also transfer anywhere as long as it's approved by both warehouses.
Pros
Always give. Breaks no matter how long your shift is, number of breaks vary if you work 4-8
Cons
Late shifts are brutal and long but very well occupied at night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2