Costco Wholesale
1,420 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Fun and Fast Pace place to work.
Food Court Employee (Current Employee), Iwilei, HIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good pay, free membership
The best part about this job is being able to provide the customers with the desired food in a fast pace environment. There is no time that you aren't busy and it makes the job fun and enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is working at the pizza window because you must cut the pizzas that are coming out of the oven, a three level oven as well as hand out pizzas to customers that have ordered. You must also be able to load the pizzas, chicken bakes, as well as the sandwiches that can be purchased by customers. The hardest time to do this is at night when there is less workers and you are sometimes short handed. Through working the night shift, you learn to be independent and to always stay ahead of the crowd. You learn to be able to work at a fast efficient pace because at times you are on your own. This gives you the responsibility of providing great customer service as well as great awareness to the things going on around you. We have great workers as well as management that allow for a smooth daily routine that everyone learns and can follow.
Typical Restaurant Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Stoughton, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the co-workers, you can always pick up hours, or have someone take your hours
Cons: no breaks alot of the time, poor management
Hours have to be fought for, and are consistently changed. The people who work there are young and fun mostly, however, they sometimes do not focus on the customer enough, Management was poor. They constantly made scheduling mistakes and at times were incompetent.
wide scope of jobs
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: keep busy all the time
Cons: management streched too far
Fun place to work. Get to interact with customers . Service is key to sales here
productive fast paced enviroment
Front end attendant (Former Employee), La Habra CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: seasonal work
really enjoyed working for Costco , I enjoyed working fast with my hands to see a result. The managers as well as fellow employees treated me very well, with respect. everyone there helps each other out. managers will do jobs there subordinates do to get the job done and help out
costco is a great place to work
meat wrapper (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits great pay
Cons: everything is pretty good
costco is a great place to work great benefits and great pay typical day is i come in open the meat department i work hard andgo home sore and i love it
High paced work environment
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Newark DeJanuary 21, 2015
Costco was a high paced environment requiring you to be on your feet constantly moving your entire shift. I got to interact with a myriad of different customers.
Wholesale Club
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), 1890 S. University Drive Davie, Florida 33315January 20, 2015
A typical day at work was always very busy. I learned hoe to run members through my line very fast and very efficiently. I enjoyed several of my co-workers. I think the hardest part of the job was trying to maintain the number of members through the line that was required and the most ejoyable part of the job was being able to accomplish the tasks I was handed.
Great Place To Work For
Tire tecknition/ maitnence (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great work place
Cons: didnt really have one
the best job i have ever had. i was welcome every day. asked to try new things if i didn't like it i never had to do it again. i learned that there are company that really cared for there employes. Managers treated me like i was a important part of the team. coworkers all got along with everyone all would treat u like your where apart of there family. my hardest part was being away from my son he lived in NY and i lived in Va. the best thing about them is they where not afraid to pay there employes and give them the best insurance and stock options available.
LOVE IT
Front End Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Costco is such an amazing company to work for. Employees are helpful, members are nice, and the company treats their employees better then a lot of other companys.
Fun people. Busy job
Front-End Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: family type work atmosphere
Cons: seniority (time with company) matters a lot
I enjoyed my time at Costco. I think with such an expansive team you get managers and supervisors you genuinely like and some you don't.
I think the supervisors and managers who cared well and treated others well were the best. There were some co-workers who cared mostly about moving up to management, and didn't care what they needed to do to do it.
I really liked my co-workers. They seemed like family. There were always a few that would always try to take the easy tasks or go home early, but there were mostly good people who worked hard at coming to work ready each day.
The hardest part of the job is that for better or for worse, most Costco's operate on seniority. This incentivizes workers to stay, but I don't know if it demands them to improve. I had a hard time staying motivated when I found out I didn't get a number of opportunities due to experience.
Again, Seattle 01 Costco is like a family sometimes things didn't go well, sometimes the did, but I liked that we took care of each other.
Productive and fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: honorary program at lunch or breaks
Cons: not enough hours
I am able to work with a diverse group of people with diverse personalities.
The hardest part of the job would probably be remembering the weight for every different types of food entrees, but we did have a hand book to go by if we needed assistance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new, it gives us more opportunity to lean and be more knowledgable of what we are making.
fun and exciting place to work.
Seasonal Employee, Stocker (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches, great company
Cons: seasonal employment, if the hours arent there they wont keep you.
Costco was amazing. The company is great and they really love their employees and customers. My co-workers were awesome. the managers were really nice and helpful but there was a slight lack of communication between them. The hardest part of the job was the physical part, i was lifting anywhere from 5 lbs to 50 lbs up over my head to stock it. But the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction after i was done.
Great Company but every warehouse has its pros/cons
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: pay and benfits
Cons: takes time to move up
good pay, great benefits, depending on your location it can be hard to get full time or move up in the company
BUSY
DEMONSTRATOR/ FIELD REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee), Pacoima, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: varied lunch schedule and breaks
Cons: not many hours
ALWAYS A BUSY DAY
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
CLEAN AND CASUAL
ALWAYS SAFE FOR MEMBERS
sufficient in the way we work
food court worker (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: paid holidays closed on major holidays great benefits employee are awsome
Cons: crazy around the holidays
sad that i left it was a great place to be and a great company to work for
energetic workplace
Order Puller (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: pay was great worked with amazing people
Cons: not flexible with hours
Typical day consisted of:
• Packing customers baskets
• Assisting with any needs in customer service
• Preparing baked goods for sale
• Packing, labeling, and arranging baked goods Closing the store
• Merchandising
• Folding Clothes
• Baling trash/cardboard/plastic
• Returns
• Attending to customer’s needs
productive,easy going
Food Manager (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 17, 2015
Costco was a very energetic and fast paced work place, management was not very good but over all a great place to work.
Costco was a good fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Costco brought out the best in people they allowed you to show your potential.
Productive, fun and fast paced work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Industry, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, excellent hours, always busy.
Cons: some teammates were not as helpful, short lunches.
Enjoyed working for this company for the 12 yrs that I was there. The management as well as my teammates made it a pleasure for me to look forward to everyday. I enjoyed my job and took pride in my responsiblities as an employee for this company.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJanuary 15, 2015
It was fun but don't know what else to say. I wish I could still work there but they had no opens after the holiday's. I was excited to work here after the season ended.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos