Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,740 reviews matching the search
Fast pace environment
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 1, 2016
The hardest part of the job is trying to accommodate so many members that come through the warehouse and still finish your job duties.
Great opertunitys to move up and to learn
Inventory Control/ Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work, consist of helping members find the produced that they came in for. Assisting members with their groceries, Making that I am staying busy and productive and finding projects.
Typical day at work
Housekeeping my work area (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 28, 2016
I review my hot sheet to see what new items that will be coming in that day. Then I make a drop list for my department. I set a time for myself to be done. Lastly I give myself at least 45mins to an hour to detail and clean my workstation.
Pros
Friendly environment
customer services
Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 27, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Costco whole sale is one of the best company in the USA , and also in Canada . there products are the top of the line.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
n/a
Competitive Work.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 27, 2016
I enjoyed going in to work and be under such great supervisors who works so hard and were great examples to all of us. My favorite time of the day was closing time when all the girls would get together and fold all the clothes in crunch time.

I pride myself in being detail oriented, but my job was so fast-paced there was hardly ever time to try and be detailed in my work. I had to learn to work faster and efficiently.
Pros
Fun supportive co-workers and great starting pay.
Cons
Would not work with religious affairs.
Loved working there
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22314April 27, 2016
Costco is a great company to work for their wages and benefits are competitive. You learn how a warehouse operates and how each departments record and calculate costs. The hardest part of the job is completing all tasks by the end of the day. Warehouses have high demands of volume of production and some of the times being only person. The best part of the job was being able to be crossed trained in different departments if you want to.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
hard to get full time position
good
Front End assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAApril 26, 2016
Danville costco is not bad. I enjoyed working there. nice supervisors. great upper class customers. fun times during lunch and after work.
great company
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 26, 2016
management was great, co workers are excellent, they take real good care of their employees. great pay great benefits, very enjoyable
Skies the Limit
Front End (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 26, 2016
Front-End I loved to be working there as you can communicate with the customers, and also build on your customer service skills. What I learned is that every day is different and no matter where your at personally, it challenge you how to act with customers.. I love working with fellow co- workers. hardest part of the JOB was knowing that it was seasonal position with a possibility of staying on if they liked you.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Being laid-off
Great energy
VAULT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 26, 2016
Great place to work and great benefits.

Found the position boring with my skill set and many years of experience.

Favoritism for job advancement.
Pros
Great compansation and benifits
Cons
Favortisim
I thought Costco cared about its employees
Food Court (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 24, 2016
From what I used to hear Costco was an amazing company to work for. Well... the only so so thing about Costco is its pay. If you're a new employee coming into Costco prepare for complete favoritism. Management rarely cares about new employees. Older employees will ALWAYS get told yes to what you got told no for.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
Fun and Goal Oriented
Foods Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 24, 2016
Costco is a place where you need to be focused and like to work. Need to be able to talk to a lot of people. Hardest part of job is working for different managers at different times.
Work Review
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 23, 2016
The pay never met up with the responsibilities of the job. Poor management, but great benefits. The potential for moving up is not great but the potential for more work is great.
Friendly and amazing workplace.
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 20, 2016
Costco is a great company established throughout the country and other countries . Coordinated policy work and teachings of rules and procedures under quality standards. An atmosphere of cordiality , kindness and cooperation and constant learning in different departments.Motivation , leadership , kindness and confidentiality are characteristics of the work environment Costco.
productive work place
Cashier/Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2016
Costco is a really great employer to work for and they have so many different opportunities for growth in their company.
A typical day at work could consist of cashiering go backs carts and working in the liquor store. My co-workers are a joy to work with everyone is respectable and everyone is a hard worker.
Pros
payroll
Cons
short breaks
Awesome workplace to move up in the company
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Costco Wholesale gives you what it needs and what it takes in order to be very successful in your workplace. Working here during my college education, they are very flexible with my schedule and encourage me to do well in my classes!
So-so training, good pay
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sand City, CAApril 20, 2016
Above average pay
Training could have been better
Became versatile/learned different jobs
Got along with coworkers
Time and a half on Sundays
Pros
Pay, versatility
Cons
Supervisors/Managers not too personable, so-so training
Fun place to work at.
Sales Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work involves around helping members find the product what they are looking for and providing any information they need to know of.
very productive safe and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 19, 2016
A typical work day was Super busy which caused fast paste work but fun.
I've learned how to do many different things in each department such as the deli, food court, clothes, home goods and office work.
Costco has a few very great managers.
My co workers all had very different personalities some stronger than others But I got along with everyone and actually they all vouched for me to join the team again in the future.
The hardest part about the job was finding where to put the returns at the end of my work shift, only because Costco changes the store around daily.
I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, satisfying all my customers needs, and Learning how to do different things in departments I've never worked in before at a timely fashioned pace.
Pros
the benefits are amazing.
Fun workplace with Great Benefits
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 19, 2016
Costco was a fun and energetic place to work. They offer great benefits for short and long term employees.
The location that I was at did not exhibit the costco culture that they tried so hard to promote. It was also poorly managed due to the rapid change in store managers, causing a downfall in sales and employee attitudes.

4.2