Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,644 reviews matching the search
Very urgent, warehouse
Front end assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 24, 2017
My tasks included returning and retrieving perishables when needed, putting products back, directing customers, maintenance, stacking carts, and jogging to get the job done.
Pros
Sociable
Opportunities to advance in the compnay
Google Express (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 24, 2017
Costco has given me a chance to learn several different departments within the store. They will happily let you train in a new department if you are interested. The benefits and compensation are great!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hard work, uncertainty of my schedule
Great place
Picking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 24, 2017
Pick tickets, sorted and printed them out. Performed equipment safety checks and night-time audits. Managers were really great and I learned a lot of experience working here.
Good Company
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXMarch 24, 2017
The best job I ever had. Great benefits and good company to work for. the experience was great. They promote with in and the company gives you a chance to advance.
good pay and decent benefits
Frontend Assistant, Memberships (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2017
Great company to work for, although it been hard to advance and grow within the company; bad hours if your not favored and less hours. good benefits, eye, health, and dental are decent.
Pros
good pay after top out, decent benefits
Cons
management is terriable
Serious and not fun insults are constantly made and in different languages
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 23, 2017
The job was too far from home insults were constantly made and in different languages. customers were pushing, shoving and fighting for samples. I got sent home more than once and it interfered with my school schedule.
Pros
free lunches, paid more than minimum wage, and 401k plan
Cons
short breaks and no healthcare
Simple Work
SEASONAL CASHIER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMarch 23, 2017
You can only start as 3 positions, then work your way up. I enjoyed the amount of exercise I was able to do on the clock. In the parking lots, I would typically walk 13 miles a day.
Fast Paced
Merchandising/Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 23, 2017
you are busy from start to finish. receiving product, merchandising product, keeping area clean, constant inventory of stock. helping members with there purchase. scheduling freight for the next day.
hardest part of the job was getting there a lot of traffic.
Pros
excellent pay, great benefits, fun place to work, pleanty of room for advancement
Cons
working overnight
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 23, 2017
Great place with great co workers, they were very flexible with my school schedule, and it was a very fun place to work. i cashiered, pushed carts , and stocked
productive and a friendly environment
Food Court (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 23, 2017
Everyone's friendly great place to work. Good motivation and benefits. the hardest part of the job is the rude customers and getting disrespected is the hardest part.
Pros
free lunches
Great Company
One Hour Photo Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2017
For 9+ years and I worked 13 different positions and helped to manage 75+ employees. The company has great benefits when working for their employees..
Not A place where I would work again
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Besides the pay, working for Costcos was not a place I would recommend someone to work for. They do not care about their people as much as they should.
Good employment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAMarch 22, 2017
This is a job that has good pay, great benefits and provides for their clientele as well as employees. I am happy I have worked for them for 9 years, but would love to venture onto my next endeavor.
It was very productive and fun, it was my first job and I really enjoyed it.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 21, 2017
The job was a great experience to be my first job, everything went well, I met a lot of new people and was able to learn some new things. Putting furniture together was really easy and fun.
Pros
Great
Great benefits
Major Sales (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 21, 2017
Everyone knows the benefits here are great and they're not wrong. The other employees are generally super nice, hardworking, and fun (most of the time). Some management is cool but some of it just makes you feel suffocated. There's an endless list of rules and no two people will tell you the same thing. You get plenty of breaks but sometimes I felt as though a lot was expected of me but I was not treated as important as they made my job seem.
Pros
friendly environment, family-like, free membership, great benefits, decent pay
Cons
management, coworkers who drag your department down, schedule
Great company with great benefits
Photo Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2017
I loved working for Costco, hard work for sure but great benefits and it's easy to pick up. The company itself stands for great things and really takes care of their Employees first, and Members second.
Great Company, excellent benefits
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAMarch 20, 2017
Costco is a great company to work for, and a very good working environment. Benefits are exceptional compared to anywhere else I've worked. They also provide 401k
Pros
Great benefits and company culture
Cons
Difficult to get full time
Active workplace with plenty that needs to be done (DELI)
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Vista, CA 92081March 20, 2017
Overall a pretty good place to work. Always had something to do, so it wasn't very boring, but it was also fairly demanding. You can expect to do plenty of cleaning as well as assembling various products that are put on display in the chilled food aisles. The hardest part of the job to deal with for me was definitely the constant cold temperature that was required to keep food fresh. Other than that though, the work environment was friendly and I was able to learn a lot about handling and preparing food.
Pros
Good food is available, discounts provided for part/full time employees, good pay
Cons
cold (deli), rushed during holiday season
Fun place to work
Cashier Assistant, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 20, 2017
Very busy work place but that the same time fun to work at, good pay , full time or pay time , everyday is different day no day is the same. Management is great
Pros
good pay
Cons
no weekends
Great company to work for
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 20, 2017
Costco does an amazing job of treating their employees with respect. Offering the chance to learn different departments and advance. I would highly suggest Costco for anyone looking to be a part of the wholesale retail industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2