Costco Wholesale Employee Review

View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Great Benefits and starting pay. Hard to move up without relocation.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 28, 2013
Overall the Costco company is a great place to work, good money with great benefits and the job keeps one very busy.

I have learned a lot about sales, merchandising, supervising and handling chaotic situations. This job has prepared me to explore new opportunities in the area in which I hope to be able to make a career.

The management staff is helpful, mindful and well educated in the ways of the store. Most of the management team is personable and professional with the exception of a few, but you will find that anywhere. They know what the company needs and get those things done, sometimes it takes a while but work gets done.

I think the hardest part of my job with Costco was the department I was most recently moved into. I found my job mentally tasking as I was placed in a department mainly alone for 8 hours a day. I get my energy from people, from helping them and making sure customers and employees alike are happy. The clothing department wasn't the place for me, but I still made sure work was finished to the highest quality.

The most enjoyable part of my job on a daily basis was the problem solving and member service. I also enjoy learning new things everyday and being able to be versatile employee who can follow as well as lead. Chances where I was able to create, learn, teach and then thrive were by far my best moments.
Pros
Benefits, Starting pay
Cons
advancement limited to relocation, sunday hours, opportunities in a place where I thrive

Other Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Nice work environment
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Stocking what needs to be put up, how to work with older people, the managers were somewhat cool but some liked things their own ways when other managers suggested another way
n/a
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2018
Operate standing electric forklift to move pallets of merchandise and equipment throughout the warehouse. Transfer merchandise from receiving are to shelves for storage, or to sales floor. Communicate with management to determine product placement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2