Costco Wholesale
1,518 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Groupthink employment without qualified management
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Southlake, TXMarch 4, 2015
Cons: poorly managed, zero clear communication, workers treated as a tradeable commodity
If you'd like to succumb to belittling by your superiors on a regular basis, costco is the perfect fit. The company has endless regulations and ways they demand you operate. Unfortunately, there is no adherence to the company rules by supervisors, managers, admin etc etc. Want to know your schedule? If it is busy and they are trying to cut costs, you wont get a schedule until a few days before. This is in clear violation of their own contractual rules but good luck having anybody care. Their claims of great pay in comparison to other retail stores is a bit far fetched. There is no reward or promotion for hard work or ability, all raises are scheduled i.e. after working 1000 hours you will receive a 25 cent raise per hour. This is not endless, you are capped around 20 dollars/hr unless you manage to become a supervisor etc etc. The drawback there is that it is a very dog eat dog atmosphere. Some people have been working as cashiers for 15 years. Communication is limited in all forms, sometimes deliberately, to keep you in the dark. The managers, assistant managers and most supervisors are not qualified for their work. The HR is nonexistent, management training is nonexistent. In fact, it is a miracle they are even functional, perhaps the warehouse manager does all of the important work and is the sole competent person running the show. Lastly, there is no training of any sort. (beyond CostcoU, the computer based "training" that they may ask you to do to meet corporate requirements). You are dropped in and expected to know everything they bark at you to do and how it is to be done.
Great enviornment to work in.
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: american express credit card after one year of employment.
Cons: sometimes weird work hours
I would have to say that Costco was my very best job experience. its one place I regret leaving and really hope to find my way back there some day. I learned a great deal about stocking as well as maintaining a wonderful environment for members to shop in.
Seasonal employee
seasonal employee (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 2, 2015
TYpical day at work is very fast paced and very fun, the people who work their are super friendly fun people and the customers are great also.
best work place in america
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Camillus, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: easy fun job
Cons: short breaks
best job I ever had by far, loved this job want to be hired again,people were great to work for and with,managment were very through and efficent
great benefits
CASHIER/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of working the cashier, providing excellent costumer service, and assist with stocking merchandise at the end of the night. Often drove the forklift and electric double pallet jack. I learned how to operate heavy machinery, operate the cash register, and provide excellent costumer service. Management was supportive in certain situations. Coworkers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was stocking heavy items. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with costumers.
fast pace work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 1, 2015
its a very fast pace environment. there are days when it does get very stressful. i get to meet a lot of new people and talk to them and help them.
Costco is an awesome company to work for!
Gas Attendant (Former Employee), North Plainfield, NJMarch 1, 2015
This job is very upbeat and fast paced. Customers are nice and they treat the employees very good. The most enjoyable part is that their is always something new to do there.
Awesome place
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no complaints here!
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Costco Wholesale. It is hands down the giant of the retail world. From hard working employees to hard working management, just a great place to be!
Excellent place to work and lots of opportunities
Eastside Boat Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: easy ability to cross train into different departments around the warehouse, costco allowed me to retain my position in the company while i was away at college
Working in Costco Wholesale required hard work and was very fast paced. The easiest ways to succeed always is to work hard and be polite and helpful to fellow employees and shoppers. The work day usually demanded being able to switch between different tasks fluidly at the request of the managers and being able to perform such task efficiently. While working for Costco some of the the things I learned was efficient multitasking, customer service, and how to take negative criticism and turn it into a strength.
Different cultures great break room
Food Service Employee (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: sick pay, benefits, vacation time
Cons: no parking, rush hour
I learned how to make pizzas and different types of foods. Usually you will come in, everyone will great you with a smile, you could always go to anyone in management with problems you maybe having, and dental insurance even when working part time. Hardest part of the job will be how busy Costco can be on a Sunday and trying to keep up.
its a great job to have and take in everything u learn there
front-end cashier assnt (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: worked with great people
Cons: nothin
i loved my job i never wanted to not be there but other things got in the way of this as of 8 years i learned so much i loved the people i worked with they became like family .the customers are great people . never had a problem with them i worked at one of the busiest stores in northern California and i loved it my day went by so fast . the mangers are good people some look out for the company and not the employees and so are fair and care equity and i am a true beliver that if one works they all should not just one doing all the work i love helping people so i enjoyed the work and all the learning expreness
Productive and fun workplace
Front end assistant (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and great assiociates.
Cons: the hours.
Arrive an hour early and stage store and prepare for opening. once open cashier as lines backed up and slow times collect carts from parking lot. learned customer service skill as well as multitasking to keep store running efficiently. Money management I was responsible for a cash drawer that I had to count at end of each shift. Since management had their plate full with their duties I had to be clear on any difficulties I was encountering and was to improve service since I was seeing it first hand. Work well as a co worker and a team player. A good work environment ensures that the shift runs smoothly and help new employees to learn the job and to fell welcome to the team. The hardest part of the job was learning to ask others to help out with duties instead of taking on a lot to ensure that it was completed. The best part was the family environment that made me feel welcome and made it fun to go to work instead of an obligation.
Costco Wholesale
Night Merchant (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Ive been an employee of Costco Wholesale for almost four years now. My overall experience working at Costco has been nothing but pleasant.
Good Company
Stocker (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: easy to move up, great pay.
Cons: managers aren't educated.
Worked with this company for a long time. Great benefits. I love how many vacation day we got! Although its a great company, it is still a retail store with horrible hours.
Great company to work for.
Ecommerce Agent (Former Employee), Yakima, WAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical work day for a T1 Ecomm agent is to come in sign into all programs and start taking calls. Help members with their problems, help them navigate through the site and place orders, help track packages.
Outstanding company
Front End Assistant/ Merchant (Former Employee), Montebello, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Excellent company to work for with amazing benefits. Starting pay is $11.50/hour. And employees become benefit eligible after 6 months. Some managers can be real tool but for the most part don't bother you as long as your productive.
Productive and fun work place; great benefits!!!
Customer Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Costco is one of the best companies for a student or post graduate. The benefits and job security are something that is often looked over when people discuss working for Costco. Depending on what location you are employed at, you may be able to unionize, making it one of the best jobs with security in mind.
Productive and good enviorment to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I learned a lot working here. Also gained a lot of work experience. I started in the front end pulling carts and ended in the meat department as a wrapper.
Fast paced, productive, enjoyable.
Cashier (Former Employee), Santee, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, hours, management
Cons: seasonal employment only
Any department at costco is busy and fast paced. These situations force you to grow as an employee and a person, and for these lessons im very thankful. The environment is condusive to what a busy social person I am and that is one reason I believe I enjoy working for this company so much.
Great environment, with fun people to work with.
Frontend/ Stocker (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches after a month of any injuries.
Cons: temporary job
Co-workers are very nice. Always have someone there to assist you if needed. Great supervisors and great wages. The most enjoyable part of the job is the time goes by quick when you're working hard. I've learned how to stock produce and load items in boxes fast, for customers satisfactions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos