Costco Wholesale
1,097 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

fast pace friendly environment
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Merced, CAJuly 10, 2014
a typical day at work i would arrive an hour early so i could see what i had to do before it was time to clock in usually it was busy so after i clock in they would send me outside to pull in carts from the parking lot i would generally do this all day because i was really good at it. if it was a good day i would be inside either helping the cashier – more... or restocking the merchandise. if that was all finished i would help customers lift objects they couldn't do on their own. that was a typical day.

i learned quite a bit from costco like the work environment is a family everyone helped each other out all the time and i wasn't familiar with that i was always the person that learned something on his own.

the managers and supervisors were so understanding and nice they were down to earth unlike other places i worked.

the hardest part of my job was not getting overwhelmed from all the people who would walk up at once and demand my service as i was helping another customer out.

the most enjoyable part of working at costco was getting to know all the people that worked at costco building relationships friendships and memories at the workplace it was a difficult job but a fun and exciting one also. – less
great pay and benefits
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZJuly 8, 2014
Treats employees very well, has wokr incentives past the normal pay.
I love this company!
Membership & Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: hard to move up the corperate ladder.
Very Ethical company to work for. Not only do they value their employees, but venders as well.
productive environment
Machine prep operator (Former Employee), pittsburgh paJuly 8, 2014
fun place to work, and very friendly co-workers.
job was fun and the people were also fun.
Fast pace and meeting deadline on a daily basis in a safe manner!
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, great people and work related events
Cons: no steady weekly work schedule and no overtime
The first five hours (5am-10am) is re-stocking and/or re-merchandising the sales floor at a fast and safe manner where being disciplined is necessary to achieve our main goal, always working with a team we learned how to be "team players" and achieving our goal is very rewarding
Secure but complacent....
Pharmacy Technician Supervisor (Current Employee), Corona, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: vacation and benefits
Cons: employees and corporate management
The job security is great and the benefits are almost unbeatable. Job advancement is subpar and corporate management lacks a lot knowledge of the retail business. Hard to make advancements at a certain level and pay raises are very slow. Typical staff is a hit and miss. Very hard for the employer to terminate bad employees. Company lacks any disciplinary – more... guidelines to rid themselves of bad employees who are hurting the Costco brand. – less
Costco Wholesale
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), lancaster paJuly 7, 2014
I started July 22 2002 to present. I install tires and supervise a garage ensuring vehicles leave the shop in a safe and timely manner. I have learned that patience and empathy goes a long with customers and leading by example is the best way to run a crew. My managers lead the way in professionalism in ensuring safety and fallowing protocol, they provide – more... the assets that are needed for me to get the job done. My co-workers are knowledgeable and urgent at getting the job done. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with an under staffed department during a promotional period and or holiday. I enjoy working with other people who are also goal oriented. – less
Fun work place and Productive
Customer service, supervisor, and payroll (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great health insurance.
- Great company to work for.
- Management is excellent.
- I developed my communication skills.
Pleasant to work always good food to taste and eat .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), North Plainfield, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good working enviornment
Cons: big boys to stiff with workers
Set up to clean up other people's mistakes.I learned if you work as a team more can get .Management can learn much from the real worker's they only need to ask ? I would liked to have stayed longer, had to relocate that terminated my relationship with this company.Being around good people of all races.
Quality hours and a wonderful work environment
Service Assistant Meat Department and Deli (Former Employee), Juneau AK 99801July 7, 2014
Had a wonderful time there working with a great team of employees and managers.
A typical day at work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNJuly 7, 2014
I was working with food. I would sample certain foods, candy or juices. I would gather my supplies for that sample and them would set up in my area and talk to customers about what I was sampling and would get feed back, comments.
A great International Job
Front End/ Front End Runner/Carts (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: livable wage. enough said.
Cons: none what so ever.
There is a reason there are Veterans working at Costco. Retired Veterans at that. A typical day of work at Costco? Great overall. I'm a mover. I've gone back to replace members items and made it back before the items were done being scanned. I've learned to cut down time and increase my efficiency within the first week of work. Coworkers are on the – more... same page. I've made great friends within the company. Hardest part of the job? If there is anything hard with this job it was either a different department, I've worked for the Front End mainly, and Deli secondary, or I personally didn't find anything hard about the job at all.
The Most enjoyable part of the job? The People in general. The Supervisors, Managers, Coworkers, Members, etc. I literally use gas to go to and from work. That's it. Eat lunch there either brought or bought. Stay in the A/C, heat in the winter. – less
a great customer serivce with a can do attuide
Cashier (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2014
During my working experience with Costco I've learned to be a strong independent worker that's works great with customers. I enjoy helping others and always willing to learn new things.
Interacted with customers to assist them with their needs and collaborated with co-workers tand fun workplace with ping pong table
Baker/Bakery Assistant (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDJune 27, 2014
Most days I was managing the bakery at night, setting up for the next day and helping customers. It was a great place to work, the manager would call me in some days if they were short staffed and I was more than happy to come in.
Alot of fun
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 27, 2014
Pros: talking to the customers
Cons: have none
Enjoyed giving samples to customers who have never tried a product before, fun to see expressions .
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate to Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Concord, CAJune 25, 2014
Everyone in teh Warehouse was my friend and you really work there as part of a family.
Costco
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: holidays, pay, hours, people
If you get a job here you struck gold!! Great company to work for!!
All around good work environment
Meat Dept. Associate (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great lunch costco food court
Busy everday
Mangaemnt was fair and reasonable
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job was that the customers are alway right
Great place to work at
Membership Refund Clerk/ Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 22, 2014
fun, great people, Managers will be there for you if you need help
Great Work Place
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, MAJune 21, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Provides good starting salary along with benefits for part-time employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos