Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,018 reviews matching the search
Fast-paced, great benefits
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 27, 2016
If you work mornings, no matter how organized you are, be prepared to work quickly, stress, and get everything stocked within 4 or 5 hours. Be ready to get to work at either 4 or 5 in the morning.Time will fly by; which is good and bad. Everyone around is generally good tempered, yet in the mornings everyone is stressed to get their work completed. Benefits are great no matter if you are part-time or full. Pay gradually increases over time. The more hours you work per week will impact your pay raises. Opportunities for advancement come often, more-so for evening positions.
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks, 1 unpaid 30 minute lunch. (8hr workday)
Cons
Much to do, little time to do it in.
Very stressful and hard working
Seasonal Cashier's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMay 27, 2016
Normally I would put customers' items into boxes and into their carts for them as well as assist them out if they needed it. I also would fold up the clothing area and keep it tidy as well as keep the cash register area clean and mess free.
I learned to deal with difficult customers in a friendly way and sometimes jobs you think can be easy can be very stressful and hard on your body.
Management was all over the place and most supervisors did not know how to do their job efficiently and in the fastest way possible. The managers were never really seen and if they were they were usually talking to each other. They seem very harsh on their employees when they see them relaxing even though the employees had just worked very hard and needed to catch their breath or relax before they hurt themselves.
Co workers were nice for the most part but I did have a couple problems with some coworkers. I just avoided those coworkers at all possible times and if i ran into them I kept it at a friendly manner.
The hardest part of my job was keeping up with boxing customers' items and putting them away in two check out lanes. They did not schedule enough people everyday and had to have people work two lanes. Having to do that caused customers to get frustrated because the employees were taking too long to box their items up.
Another hard part as a seasonal employee is that Costco works the seasonal employees very hard; usually averaging 42 hours a week as well as pushing them to do the hardest work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people both coworkers and customers and
  more... learning interesting things about them.  less
Pros
Fast-paced, unionized, higher pay
Cons
Stressful, long and hard shifts, favoritism with employees
if you are young and strong they like you
clothing folder (Former Employee) –  concordville paMay 25, 2016
i worked for costco for 10 months. got a good review. never late no conseling notice but i still got laid off with no pay because i could not lift over 15 lbs
Pros
Cons
very political and not very ethical
Excellent company with excellent benefits. Coworkers are very friendly and always they collaborate on everything you need.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 25, 2016
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Schedules.
Great
Member Service and Executives (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NYMay 25, 2016
Great company , Room for growth, great pay and care for employees.
Fast pace- hard working environment
Health and 41k benefits, enjoyable and generous company
Pleasant up beat workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 24, 2016
I learned to prioritize myself to ensure that the area that I was working in was looking nice and organized within the time frame that was given to me. I helped members find items within the wear-house. I gave aid to the front end cashiers when they got backed up with members. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with other co-workers to straighten up the area we were given in the allotted time that was given to us.
Pros
great healthcare and retirement plans
Cons
Short breaks
Costco is an excellent company to work for with excellent benefits and above average salary
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2016
Costco is a company not for the faint of heart!! It is a company with extremely high standards and prides themselves with excellent service and they promote from within. If you not afraid of long hours and have the ability to relocate.... Costco is for you!
Pros
Excellent benefits, good salary, and growth opportunities
Cons
Long hours, traditionally need to commute for management positions
Great enviroment with hardworking staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMay 22, 2016
Pros
Part time guaranteed minimum 24 hours per week
401K
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Sundays time and a half pay
Holidays Off (Paid)
Vacation, Sick time
Between January and March, allowed to take up to three weeks unpaid leave (does not affect benefits eligibility)
Annual bonus for qualified employees
Pay increases earned after working x-amount of hours
Starting pay $13/hour
Great Place to work
Costco Marketing and Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2016
Fun place to work
Very Customer Service Driven
Great Management & Staff
Clean working Environment
Employee Holiday Parties
Great Health Benfits
401K & Employee Stock Purchasing Plans
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Great Pay, Lousy Managers
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2016
Store Executive Managers do not care about their employees. They are all concerned with bottom line. The supervisors are generally great and make sure that everyone gets their breaks and lunches on time. The pay and benefits are fabulous, but the scruples of management and the rules for some departments (optical) are in direct violation of state laws in Calif.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Typical Retail Schedule changes every week.
Fast-Paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTMay 20, 2016
There was never a dull moment working at Costco. Any down time was always filled with helping out others throughout the warehouse. Down side of the job was never having a consistent work schedule and usually never getting to be able to have dinner with my family and put my kids to bed. Many of the members shopped there on a weekly basis so you got to know many people which made for good relationships with the people you are there to provide great customer service to!
Takes Care of Employees
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMay 19, 2016
Upper management needs to learn the ins and outs of each department. They tend to manage my a book and not by reality. It would be a good system to put all managers through each department for a short amount of time to learn how they actually work. Great company, great benefits, pay is good.
permanent employee due (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDMay 18, 2016
I like Costco Wholesale. It is a fine environment with quality employees.

The management is strong, and easy to confide in.
great company
Stocker, customer service (Former Employee) –  portbchesterMay 18, 2016
great company. they pay great and treat employee with respect . working at costco as a stocker is pretty easy because your doing your own thing the manger tells you what section you will be working at then you on your own until...
Pros
good hours
Cons
hard to please customer
Great and flexible place to work
Tire installer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 17, 2016
Costco is an excellent place to work . they are very flexible with scheduling ,as I was a college student they woked around my classes. Not to mention the compensation is well above average.
Hard work
Vault Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parker, COMay 17, 2016
My fellow co workers are amazing!! Very physical and fast paced job.If you like early mornings this is the place for you!
Professional
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 17, 2016
Excellent professional retail environment. Private consulting area for members, excellent benefits---even for per diem employees.
Great workplace and friendly environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 16, 2016
Every day while stocking the merchandises I feel great because I'm surrounded by great people so it makes my day at work go by fast and I'm also able to finish the job on time by the great team work we have to help each other.
productive place
Superior self-management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2016
Morning meeting, stretch and then separate to our departments, begin work before the store opens. Once the store opens assist customers to whatever they need help with. definitely a lot of team work and communication.
Fun
Membership Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 15, 2016
It is a fun environment to work in. You get to meet new people. The warehouse i am at there is no chance for you to grow or advance because they have their favorites

4.2