Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 1,638 reviews matching the search
Highly productive and fun work environment
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
As a company we effectively manage large amounts of incoming members and phone calls. Both my coworkers and managers work to identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction. We work hard to engage with each member to build a sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication. We do this by handling any and all complaints, provided by each member with appropriate solutions and alternatives within the company's limits and follow up to ensure resolution. As the membership representative we keep records of customer shopping interactions, process customer accounts and file documents. We accomplish all of this by following communication procedures, guidelines and policies that a allow us to go the extra mile to reach customers satisfaction.
Through my experience with my co-workers an management I have gained the knowledge on working more collaboratively and increased my multitasking abilities. While increasing my productively and refining my customer service skills on going and continuous basis.

The hardest part of my job can be managing the needs while also satisfying the needs of my members within the limits of my company. I'm fortunate enough that most of the time I can make a members experience exceptional.The most enjoyable parts in this retail industry are my co-workers because even on the worst days these people can always turn the day around by standing by you and let you know you're doing the best you can.
Pros
part-time get full health benefits including dental and vision
Cons
unpredictable work hours and schedule
Great to job to work
Photo Lab Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 5, 2016
There is many differenent departments to work in and learn. It provides plenty of room for growth. Can be very fast past and requires heavy lifting.
Costco is a great place to work.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 4, 2016
Costco is a fun and friendly place to work. The people there are very nice and I would love to work there again if given the chance.
Like family
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 4, 2016
Loved my coworkers like family, however management seemed distant and uninvolved in my position. Multiple employees were transferred over to this location resulting in zero open permanent positions for seasonal employees, which was disappointing.
Typical Retail
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Moved on to bigger and better things now. Great for teenagers and college students though. Gives them a sense of responsibility.
Easy and laid back work environment
Front End Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be running the carts in from outside and cleaning them off. Tending to any tasks that need to be completed such as cleaning the front of the store, checking receipts of customers, making sure everything is in an organized and cleanly order.

At this job I learned organization skills of how to run the front of the store and making sure that it is not chaotic and there are no person(s) leaving the store without paying.

The management aspect of this job was making sure that everyone was working in a consistent and chronological order with their rotation. The employers would have to pay attention to one another when rotating positions.

My co-workers and I were always very friendly to the customers and we worked together and helped each other out in order to make the front of the store run in an organized manner.

The hardest part of this job was working outside in the freezing cold and rainy weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed and happy environment in which the company produced.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, plesant co-workers and fair management
Cons
Working outside in the cold and rainy weather
I really enjoyed working at Costco for the 11 years I did, we were all like family and everyone looked out for one another.
Double as a sales representative (Former Employee) –  Las VegasFebruary 3, 2016
A day at work was getting our cash registers ready make sure we had enough boxes to pack the members items. and running on items either for the correct price or to put a cold item back, We made sure we went out of the way to make the members happy. Costco was my second job and I learned all my cashiering experience, customer service, bakery, food court. Working 11 years there we went through a few managers and I learned as long as you do what your supposed to do for the most part you can be on good terms with them but sad to say I have come across bad management and you just hate to see the morale of the company go down. the hardest part of the job was dealing with rude members some of them have become violent and that's something I have really learned to handle. and all the lifting but we just considered it our gym time.
The most enjoyable part was becoming family and the members meeting them talking with them getting to know the regulars, they would come in and greets us like we knew each other for a life time.
it was amazing and fun
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 2, 2016
i loved this company it was fun and i never had a dull day working at costco

Make sure there are carts in front of the store for the customer, Maintain cart sanitation, check to see if the cashier scan everything in the carts, make sure items go back to their proper location at the end of the day, clean up all the empty boxes in all the products.
Great staff and great atmosphere.
Food court associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 2, 2016
From a day to day standpoint it was a pleasure to work there. There are no negative comments I can make about the employees or the company overall. I learned that though money does drive success at time, great coworkers can do just as well.
Pros
Great staff, good food, wonderful customers.
Stressful environment, potential to advance was there but extremely competitive
Food Court Pizza (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Typical work day was long and very fast paced in the food court. The pressure to work faster/harder was not condusive for a productive day. Being a union made it difficult to work hard because you were rewarded/accomodated based on seniority, not performance. Best part of the job was smelling delicious pizza all day and some of my co-workers were easy to get along with. Management was not very forgiving, so you had to really watch yourself. It was a good job to have as a young person just trying to earn a paycheck, you will work for every cent of it.
Pros
Pay is slightly higher than minimum, potential to advance is there but extremely competitive
Cons
Stress/pressure of a fast paced environment, demanding duties, treated as a number instead of a person
Best retailer to work for!
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Quality products at an exceptional price. Customer Service is number 1. Management isn't above lending a hand on the sales floor. Co-workers are more than helpful. Great benefits for a part time job.
Pros
Benefits and a free membership card
Cons
Impossible to move from part time to full time. Starting pay is laughable for California.
Food Court Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 29, 2016
I loved working here. It can get a little busy due to long lines, but the food is well worth it! Fast paced, very communicative, friendly staff. willing to workout any situation that becomes an issue so the customer is satisfied.
Awesome place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 28, 2016
The people I worked with are awesome, The Management team we're very welcoming and caring. I worked Morning and Mid Shifts.
Great place to learn
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Helpful and fast paced environment. Many different opportunities to move around and learn different departments. The managers were willing to help and explain things to you if needed.
Pros
many benefits and company lunches and such
Cons
work schedule is always changing
A.M. Stalker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Not all locations are the same, my managment team was not easy to work with there was a great amount of unprofessional behaviore, however in other locations it is greatly known that this is a great company to work for. as a morning stoker I began my day at 5:00 A.M threw fraight till opening and from opening till close I boxed groceries.
Pros
good hrs
Cons
no graditude or recognition of hard work you put in.
Lies
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 26, 2016
Started as seasonal on the condition that a callback meant permanent position and benefits. Got the callback and kept working, doing the same amount of work as 2+ other employees. Find out over the course of weeks and multiple guarantees, by multiple leads, my benefits and permanent position paperwork were coming. Never did and was finally given the line "Some people work here for 8-10 months before they are made permanent..." by the store manager. Even applied for multiple internal permanent positions, passed over for lazier incompetent permanent employees. Then started requesting I put school aside to work more hours. Not this guy. Other stores may be decent environments, heard good things, but Costco is good money for no required education.
Pros
Good "no education" money. Benefits are good, if you can get them.
Cons
Nothing but lies from leadership at the store I was at.
Great opportunity to work with the public
Cashier/Front End/Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 24, 2016
Diverse job duties, expect something different everyday. Friendly co workers and helpful managers who enjoy their jobs and treat their employees with respect. The heavy lifting was the hardest part of the job but the environment was rewarding.
A very busy workplace
Cashier's Assistant/Front End Employee (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 24, 2016
Workload was heavy at this job. Very busy and packed throughout the work day. The breaks were long, the work was strenuous.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much work
Productive and a fun place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIJanuary 23, 2016
The Costco family always willing to let you grown. The benefits are unbelievable. Managers and supervisors are there daily working right along the side of you.
Rules to protect you.
Front End Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 23, 2016
Costco's "Open door policy" is a wonderful gift.
The insurance is cheap and amazing.
Cult-like Culture of wonderful people.
Pros
heath care. management. culture.
Cons
hard work. busy busy busy.

4.2