Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,746 reviews matching the search
great place to work at
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 22, 2017
customer service
customer interaction on daily basis
taking care of employees
teaching and coaching employees
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was being part of the growth of employees. Being a teacher for them to take on the next level.
Melo
Merchant/ General warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 22, 2017
You can advance at Costco depending on who you know and who they know. Some people there rarely advance without that but for the part those warehouses are based off employee politics. Some of the employees have been there from 3-25 years and never get a chance to reach higher levels. Costco employment is what you make it.
Pros
Know the right person and you can get hired into Management from the start.
Cons
If you don't know anyone don't expect to get promoted or hired.
was all way's something new
Janitor, stock and meat department (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 22, 2017
stock or clean to the way they wish it to be
I would go from one department to another Janitor stock and meat department

Janitor drive a floor cleaning machine
use a polishing floor cleaner
clean bathrooms
fix or put thing together

stock fill low stock
use pallet jack
wrap up stock for hi-low drivers to put stock back were it goes
fix or put thing together

meat department warp meat that was cut
fill counters with meat
clean counters
clean open or close
used a meat wrapping machine
did the road show I had a counter that I would sell seafood
Pros
nice to meet customer
Cons
past hi-low driver test never got to drive hi-lo driver
Great place to work, fast pace, great benefits.
Stocker/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 22, 2017
Working hard goes long ways. Being friendly and having great customer service. Dress to impress everyday is a plus, understanding when no one sees over you that mean you have to work faster and harder..
Pros
Raises every 900 hours.
Cons
Get tired
Always on your feet and team work is a must.
Machine Operator/ Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYApril 22, 2017
A job where you can learn and prosper. Team work are the best that you can get from a wonderful day at work. The hard workers feel like family on how close everybody are.
Pros
Best Work
Cons
No Overtime
organized and enjoyable
Member Service (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 21, 2017
Great place to work exceptional health benefits. Great co workers.
Fun customers and work environment. Organized and lots of departments to work in.
benefits
Cons
late night shifts
Nothing special
Front End Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, COApril 20, 2017
For a retail job, it's good if you like to keep busy. Some people work harder than others, you get paid the same. Not allowed to stand around. Enjoyment depends on management and those you work with, like all businesses.
Customer Service
Customer Service, food prep, baking, wrapping (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 20, 2017
Working in the bakery was very fun. My work hours during my shift went by very fast because we were constantly busy. Our management team were very supportive and their was a lot of team work.
Great benefits, good co-workers, friendly atmosphere
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 20, 2017
My experience at Costco was very good. I thought the people I worked with were very friendly and helpful in every aspect, I found the benefits to be some of the best I've ever seen, I think Costco is a great company that anyone would like to work for.
Positive pro employee
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 19, 2017
Costco is a pro employee company. They go above and beyond to take care of their employees. Excellent benefits and family orientated. I would say the main draw back if any is that there is a huge disconnect between the upper management and the daily work force.
Pros
Benefits. Pay. Family oriented
Cons
Too many managers, lots of confusion, poor training
good place to work
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
i like working at costco, the management system is amazing. i work for this company for about 3 years and i life working here. the even pay more if you work on Sunday.
Cashier Assistant, Cashier, Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 19, 2017
Costco really offers great benefits. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry members. The most enjoyable part are meeting new people all of the time and becoming close with the people you work with. Management definitely depends on the people that work at your warehouse. Some are by the book and some just do whatever they want.
benefits
Cons
schedule
Productive and enthusiastic work place
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 19, 2017
Flexible Schedule hours. Friendly people. Ability to move up in positions and training in all areas of the warehouse. very good pay and benefits. Learned more skills and acquired ore experience in the retail field.
Pros
Breaks schedule on time. Fast paced. hands on training.
Cons
micromanaged. sometimes over worked and under appreciated.
Hiring process is ridiculous
Front End (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 19, 2017
They hire everyone as seasonal and tell them that there is a chance to become permanent after passing 90 probation. Knowing they lay everyone off after they're done with season then start the callbacks. yep call backs like an audition. They don't even tell everyone that they're being laid off. You find out after checking the schedule and seeing that you're no longer on it. Expecting people to go out and get another job until you're so blessed to receive a callback is so arrogant of the company. They work you like a slave having you do this and that of strenuous work to where the pay isn't really worth the job.
Bad
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAApril 19, 2017
So I wrote my original review and told the truth and Indeed refused to receive it.

This company is terrible! Management at Gig Harbor is horrible. They pretty much think their better than everyone else. You are blessed if they speak to you because their too important for that. I went in with a positive, work hard attitude. Greeted management everyday with a warm Hello.............No response, time and time again. They're never satisfied. I worked Holidays with them. Never sick or late. Never turned them down and put my life on hold for them. Still not good enough. I was reprimanded for spending 15 minutes on a member trying to find her a specific size of pant. They do NOT want their employees spending that much time with a member. What? That disgusts me. Then they told me they were going to ask me back after the super bowl was over (apparently that's a privilege), they lied. I waited and they never called. Thank you for wasting my time. Very disappointed.
Pros
Benefits are great if you can get permanent
Cons
They want perfection and your groveling
outside marketing of membership
Marketing (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 19, 2017
failure to recognize individuals with significant experience because it wasn't from within. refusal to consider new/different methods. failure to maintain a non-hostile work environment.
awsome
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 18, 2017
I was only a seasonal hire but I enjoyed my time and everybody was always happy and the management was great. everybody that worked there always said great things about working there
Fast paced but fun
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 18, 2017
Week days tend to be slow but weekends are hectic.
The people are great and its a really tight knit community.
For the most part there are plenty of chances for advancement but you have to move quickly and make your presence known.
Hardest part of the job is holiday season, October through April is madness but everyone seems to band together during this time and make it enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Community, Pay
Cons
Work can be stressful on body.
productive place to meet new people and provide customers happiness
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 18, 2017
get to work very early in the Am. have a meeting with the whole team right away about what we will be doing today and what is most important things we must get done that day. i learned how to work the customer service phones and greet people with the utmost respect, i also learned how to manage a team, how to take the front lines and be productive throughout the day. the hardest part of the day was getting up early in the mornings; other than that they had great staff that taught us how to manage and take control of each situation. the most enjoyable part was working with the customers, and making them laugh and brightening their day, always was a joy to see the customers smile.
Pros
treated well as an employee
Cons
time scheduling was never on point
Fun workplace
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  KennesawApril 18, 2017
I lerned how to ship and reseve products how to work in a fast paste inviorment. Hard day at work would be 5 trucks in 2 and a half hour period. I have a sence of emergeny when it comes to it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2