Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,414 reviews matching the search
Productive and informative place
customer service (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I loved working at Costco. I worked beginning in management than moved to every department that they had. I learned how every part of the business works from stocking to sales, inventory control, management, and financial books. The most enjoyable thing about the job was learning new things. When the learning stopped I had to move on to learning something new. I left to continue my education and start a new path of learning that will hopefully take me to my next 25 years
Pros
Learning
Cons
Not being able to learn anything new
Hard and fast pace working environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 29, 2016
I got this job because I was newly married, attending school full time, needed a job with good benefits, and needed a job with above average pay. Costco definitely provided my wife and I with everything we needed for that time in my life. Now that stage of my life is over and I know I am worth more than just being a stocker until they decide to promote me, so it is time to move on.
Pros
Higher rate of pay, and wonderful coworkers.
Cons
Steep punishments for slip-ups, difficult to find time off.
Wonderful place to work
Mershandising (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Ive learned team building skills and merchandising techniques. A typical day at work is fast-paced, physically demanding and very detailed. Management is wonderful and contributes to a pleasant work experience. Co-workers are dependable and pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job would be the physical demands that are required and the early morning shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying every moment spent at work with no slow hours or down time.
Productive fun place with food samples
Front End (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Costco is a very fast paced place with no two days the same.
Co workers are kind and caring to helping you succeed in your work.
The management is always helpful to any needs you may have.
The hardest part of the job are sometimes the long stretch in the week and late nights
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from different cultures and having such a fun group of people to work with.
Pros
Free memberships and samples on breaks
Cons
Seasonal has no benefits unless hired on to continue
Good workplace.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CADecember 29, 2016
A good company to work for, always keeps you busy. Plenty of room for advancement. There is a lot of chances to make a lot of money. Turn the key on but, don't start the car and make sure the odometer is showing the actual mileage not trip A or B. Turn the key back to the off position then press and hold the trip/reset button. Continue to hold it down and turn the key to the on position. Continue holding the trip/reset button while the mileage flashes rows of zeros until the actual mileage appears again. Release the button, because you are finished.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Short breaks.
The greatest company in the world
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIDecember 18, 2016
I loved coming to work every day that I did. I used to come in, buy a slice from the food court, maybe a little yogurt thing with some fruit in it. Then i'd clock in, and head back to the deli. I would begin by skewing up the whole chicken bodies, 4 birds per skew, 8 skews an oven. I had 2 ovens to fill, but you had to time it perfectly so that the chickens would come out evenly to fill the window. Once you had both of your ovens going, then you loaded the mini oven with wings and ribs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Good place to work, very fast pace physicaly demanding work.
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CADecember 20, 2016
Typical day at work is helping cashiers out or pushing carts and cleaning the parking lot. Usually after that they have you stock or clean up the aisles of merchandise. I learned how to move fast and efficiently. A lot of managers, sometimes they do not communicate with each other. Very nice co-workers. Everyone gets along with one another. Hardest part of job is to learn everything without a lot of training, once you learn it's not too bad. Most enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers. All are really friendly.
Pros
Pay and atmosphere.
Cons
Poor managment to employee communication.
Productive and good place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 30, 2016
Opening and closing of the warehouse with cash handling and staff management with running breaks and lunches. Hardest part of the job would be managing breaks and lunches with maintaining lines with enough registers open. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with fellow co workers and members. Over my years I have learned communication is an effective tool to use when dealing with consumers and co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, pay-scale
Cons
Management, short staffed
Great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 2, 2017
Love love love Costco. The employees are chosen well, that makes for a team of like minded people.
This company is a well oiled machine, all of the employees understand that without the members, there is no job. The managers are always there for us to vent or to encourage us to improve as our job knowledge to grow in the company.
Vacation times at Costco are so easy to apply for too. Never any tension with coworkers because it's based on who turns in their request for time off first. That means if you have one year or two, you are not over looked.
Benefits
Cons
Long nights
very diverse workplace
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 5, 2017
there was never a real typical day. each day i was confronted with different tasks that i had to carry out. Although. i did spent most of my time in the rotisserie chicken room, i loved it there. my co-workers even though i only knew them for a short time, were very kind and respectable. the hardest part of the job i'd say would be dealing with so many different customers at a time. it can get overwhelming, but i persevered. Costco wholesale was a job to remember.
Pros
$13 per hour
Cons
no cons
Costco Review
Membership Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2017
At Costco it is a very busy environment. It is a fun place to work and you become part of a family. It has taught me about business and customer service. It helped me learn that not everything is black and white. Being a supervisor taught me to help others. It is crucial to train others and train them well. Keeping a positive attitude is also very important. Just as negative attitudes, positive attitudes are contagious and it is easier to get through a hard day surrounded by happy upbeat people.
A workplace with may different department options to work in that fit specific schedules
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2017
During the Holidays, Costco always hires seasonal employees and I was one of those hires for the 2014 holiday season. This was a part-time job that was early mornings and would always allow me to work an extra three hours a day to meet the regular forty hour work week. If it wasn't for my decision to go back to school, Costco is a great company with many opportunities to grow within.
Pros
Free Membership, Benefits, Always work to be done
Cons
Five am, part-time
Horrible and unfair workplace
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2016
I just got wrongfully fired from coscto after working there for almost 7 months. One of my coworkers tried to fight me and I did the right thing by not entertaining it. Great right????....WRONG!!! They still ended up firing me along with the people who were at fault. They stated on my separation papers that they know that I didnt start the altercation....confusing right. They don't care about their employees like they state they do. I've never in my life seen anything like this happen. How do you fire someone who was being attacked???? I will be going to hr asap. I advise anyone looking to work for costco to think twice. Its nothing but drama and favoritism in there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Good for career employees
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
The day-to-day routine is usually simple unless upper management is doing a "walk through", because everyone freaks out about it. The management is generally friendly unless you have a conflicting schedule, such as school or a second job. The hardest part of the job is the demanding effort during peak hours and the general rule bending when it comes to these peak hours.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
scheduling, hours, expectations
Uptempo workplace with great pay and benefits
Seasonal Morning Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, GADecember 23, 2016
Typical morning is somewhat hectic, learned a lot about bulk merchandising, management often not on same page with each other involving assigning tasks, coworkers are very friendly, hardest part of job is keeping up with all tasks given and finishing assigned tasks within time window, most enjoyable part is getting paid time and a half on sundays
Pros
Time and a half pay on sundays
Cons
very physical work
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Easton, OHDecember 7, 2016
I love working for this company. It's a great company but the management here isn't fair. They promote people that they like not the ones who should get it. But other then that we have good staff as well as good members at times. The pay is good as well as the benefits. The company does take care of its employees. It's hard to make a life outside but in the long run it will pay off. If your thinking about working for costco then i would say go ahead and apply for it. You will have fun.
Pros
Pay raises
Cons
Lunch goes quick
A great place to work
Cart Crew/Maintenance/Bakery (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 5, 2016
This job is the best job I have had. I am treated like a person instead of a number and I love it here. A typical work day is pretty busy but when it's busy, the time goes by faster. I learn how to talk to our members and I also learn how to make sure that they are first. The management has always been efficient in everything that they do. They help my coworkers with any problem they may have. The Hardest part of my job is staying consistent. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I get to work with our members to make sure they have the best experience possible at Costco.
Pros
Great Work environment
Cons
Productive and fun work environment. Ability to multitask and work with others was a huge part of the job.
Food Court Associate (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CANovember 30, 2016
Working at costco has been something i take great pride in. The work is fast pace and its very rewarding. Costco values its employees and shows it often by being generous to us. My co workers are probably one of the best I have had. Most have the positive " you can do attitude" and inspire you to be your best. The hardest part of the job is dealing with non english speaking consumers and struggling to satisfy their needs without being properly able to communicate. I love working for costco, but moving up to being a full time employee takes sometime and well, i need a full time position.
Member Service and Training mentor
Membership and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 16, 2016
• Promoted membership programs, payment services, and company culture to potential members.
• Exceeded sales goals and recognized for outstanding member service contributing to national store team recognition.
• Represented company at trade shows, community events, and mentoring programs.
• Job mentor and team trainer for Costco’s membership programs and database systems.
I love working here
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJDecember 7, 2016
Good customer service affordable price nice customers excellent food samples.. Costco is a loving that makes you want to keep coming back. They have the greatest deals they make you feel comfortable and welcomed to purchase items they make sure your satisfied this why I love Costco they are very understanding and would love to help you with anything your looking forward to buying
Pros
good customer service
Cons
long lines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2