Costco Wholesale
1,346 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

employee oriented
Warehouse Stock Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good people, get a lot of breaks
Cons: nothing bad to say about this company. loved working there!
great place to work. company really focuses on the happiness of employees and guides them during tough times. Family type environment.
Great experience!
Fine House Painting/Handyman (Former Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: free turkey at thanksgiving
Cons: extremely physical work under fast pace conditions
I worked a Christmas help, and then at another facility --nights. i learned about a lot of different products and how to work in a fast paced environment. I had a great time with my coworkers--they were very positive. Hardest part was doing manual labor during the graveyard shift. Most enjoyable part was interacting with the clients and my coworkers
Need lots of energy to work here
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Leesburg, VADecember 19, 2014
A good paying job that you need lots of energy for. A Typical day at work would be working along side cashiers and packing members carts.The hardest part of the job is that you are on tour feet a lot and and it can take a toll on your body.
Fast paced, skill oriented
Marketing Representative (Current Employee), katyDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free executive membership
Cons: on your feet all day
There is no such thing as a typical day at costco. As I am in the marketing and membership department, I talk to a lot of people everyday. You must have the skill of good comunication overall. co-workers are nice and suportive mostly. Many factors outside of job expierence and acountability play a role in how management is choosen. Being on your feet – more... all day, every day and walking a lot is recomended for the fit only. job security is strong despite part time hours and lower pay in the begining. – less
Who doesn't love Costco?
Membership Associate (Former Employee), Hayward, CADecember 17, 2014
I loved working for Costco! I would go back in a heart beat. The only reason I left such a great job is because I couldn't land a full time position. Costco goes by seniority and I was very new to the company. Plans to go back may be in my future if the right opportunity arises.
Awesome Team!!
Cashier assistant (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 16, 2014
I have been working for Costco a little over a month an I love it. For me a typical work day varies day to day. I am a cashier assistant, an I provide our members with the best customer service in any department I work in during the day. The management team I am working with filled with people who all have something different to bring to the table and – more... care for each other and the Costco team as a whole. I enjoy working with all of my co-works I meet someone new everyday there are that many people working there. Every day someone teaches me something new, or helps me improve on something to make it better for myself while I am working. The hardest part of my job is leaving it at the end of every night. The most enjoyable part is the team I am a part of. – less
Great Place to Work
Attendant (Former Employee), Shelby Township MichiganDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great working enviorment
Great place to work. Room for advancement wish I would have staid. Amazing place!!
Good pay and worked with employees
Warehouse and Cashier assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: upset customers
Great company to work for and took good care of employees. I enjoyed working with the people of Costco, sometimes working with the customers would be difficult but taught me how to work with unhappy people.
Welcoming and Respectful Place to Work
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Camas, WADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free membership, great leadership, good pay
This company respects and cares for their employees. Even though there are 200+ employees in the store and it can feel like a whirlwind at times, fellow employees care for one another and look out for each other as if it were much smaller.
Good stable job
Lead Service Assistant to the Electronics Area (Current Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare, vacation time
Cons: busy season is the holiday season
Great place to work, very flexible work hours. It can be a tough job at times, but its retail, so what else can you expect. If you can get in its great.
great fun job
Baker Assistant (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: only seasonal
Bake and package all are baked goods. The people are great there. Management works together to make it better for everyone. My coworker know what they are doing so it makes it great for everyone.
productive and shopsafe enivonment
Food stocker (Former Employee), Fremont CaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: no free lunch but no big deal
Work started at 4am, we had assigned aisle to restock food in a timely manor. Sometimes work got hectic but the job got done. My coworkers were very helpful if I needed help stocking products. The hardest part was waking up, other than that it wasn't to hard.
Good as retail gets
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MIDecember 9, 2014
Costco is a good company to work for, the corporate side of the company actually cares about you. It was a fun place to work for. Management at my particular store was not so good, there was supposed to be advancements in store and instead they continue to hire people form outside, shows they don't care about you as much.
Great job
Sales (Current Employee), Drexel Hill, PADecember 8, 2014
Costco has been a great job for me while I was in college. Benefits are excellent and employees are treated fairly.
productive environment with clear advancement track
Front End Employee (Current Employee), Hazlet, NJDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits - offered to even part time employees
Cons: seniority based promotion and pay
It is not in the field that I wish to be working in; as I just completed my MBA in accounting and wish to be working in an environment that utilizes my knowledge and my full potential. My position at Costco is a cashier; it is simple which makes work very monotonous, however, the people I work with and the company's culture make work both enjoyable – more... and productive. Company promotions and pay raises are based solely on seniority. This is great for those who wish to work at Costco for the majority of their lives and to those who have already been employed for years. However, for myself this is extremely inconvenient. There are no rewards for my hard work and the posibility of promotion is slim considering I have only been there over a year (most employees have been there anywhere from 15-30 years). – less
Work in a position that allows me to demonstrate my mastery of employment skills, and to confront new challenges so I can grow as a valuable employee
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORDecember 8, 2014
Excellent and experience related to working in fast-paced environment
Knowledge of multiple computer programs as well as other office equipments
Attention to detail and precision
Team oriented and goal driven.
Mastered customer service
good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no social activity
a typical day at work just consist in receiving merchandise and unloading the truck, making sure that all the items were displayed at the right place and at the right time, making sure that customers were taken care of. This job helped me to become more independent, also it made me develop my leadership skills since i had to train new employee, also – more... i made me discover my real potential since i had some challenges everyday. the management team was really good but sometimes, i had some arguments with managers just in order to improve our job. co-workers were great because we worked as a team and everyone was always wiling to help. helping customers everyday and making sure that they got what they looked for was my biggest satisfaction and the most enjoyable part of my job – less
fun fast paced working environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Everett, WADecember 5, 2014
Pros: free samples, great staff, good pay
Cons: not enough hours, or room to grow or move up
my typical day at costco is to show up figure out what dish im sampling to the public. get all supplies needed for that sample . set up sampling table and samples and start sampling away, telling customers the deals on each item and nutritional facts and having the customer sample one of each flavor and try to up sale the item. Then at the end of shift – more... i gather all my left over samples and cart and wheel them away to do dishes and clean up for the next day. My most enjoyable part of the work day was trying to up sale. i love competition. – less
very nice place to work indoors allyear round happy friendly managers and employees
Lead generator and kiosk consultant (Former Employee), stockton modesto tracy turlock lodi caDecember 5, 2014
over all grate place to work tuff place to sell 10 grand plus hvac systems during holiday's but its hard to sell anytime
Good pay but you have to earn it
Forklift Driver/Warehouse/Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: to many managers telling you what to do.
Have to be at work by 4am. Go punch in at time clock then go to your forklift and perform safety inspection. Then I'd drop 40 to 60 pallets for the stockers to work on. Typically we have 3 or 4 depots come in ex Coke, Pepsi, Gatorade, Water, Paper etc. and I was responsible for organizing the steel with these items. Store opens at 10am so all merchandise – more... have to pick up off the floor and be show time ready for opening. The last 2.5hrs we would go to the front end and cashier for the rest of the shift.

Merchandising is where you learn the most from experience managers because of the new items that come in on a daily basis.

There are 25 to 30 supervisors and managers there. The ones that have been there a long time we were family as well as the coworkers. The transfers pretty much had their own agenda. Looked out for their self.

The hardest part of the job is doing the unexpected. The best part is when you do it. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos