Costco Wholesale
1,258 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 23, 2014
Greet co-workers and members, I try to create a friendly relationship with everyone, and co-workers come from all different backgrounds of ages 18 and older.
member services cashier packer and greeter
Greeter/Customer Service/Cashier/Packer (Former Employee), Durham NcOctober 21, 2014
Pros: co workers, pay, hours, clean, fun working environment
Cons: store management
Fast paced environment dealing with members. Running a cash register helping pack and unpack the baskets. Selling memberships to best suite the members. Attending to members needs pushing carts and helping members with shopping and other needs they may have.
simply the best !!!!! great atmosphere
Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), chino hills caOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good pay start . great raises . great benefits
Cons: they start you temporary
it was nice to come to work and see everyone with a big smile on their face and happy to work there . Management were and pretty sure still are the best !!!
They were very understanding and knew how to treat their employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to b part of Costco .
great job
Merchandise Stocker (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2014
hard working preparing for up coming day. I stock for building intime for the memebers
An ordinary day at Stew Leonards
Meat Department/Sanitation Assistant (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and employee appreciation dinners.
Cons: working in extreme weather conditions
A productive day at Stew Leonard's would consist or bagging and scanning out groceries. Making sure the customer received premier customer service. I learned how to be social with others and relate to customer needs. The management was very energetic and caring. Co-workers were very social and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was learning – more... new department that were unfamiliar to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my peers. Mostly everyone there were young students which made the job pleasant to work for. – less
Great company to work for.
Cashier ; Photo Technician ; Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and work experience
Cons: long hours during the holiday seasons
During my 9 years working with Costco Wholsale I was able to take advantage of the many positions available. For 5 years I was a cashier. I am very comfortable on a register and handling cash from this experience. The next 3 years I was a part of the Photo Lab. I leaned a lot from this position. I processed photos, ran a cash register,helped members – more... (both everyday personal photographers and professional photographers). I also gained experience working on the digital photo processer by learning from technicians when they would repair the processer. The latter year I worked in Costco's vault. On a daily basis I would count over 30 tills, make deposits, and handle any other money related details. Costco is a great company to work for. A variety of postions are available and the medical benefits are excellent. – less
hardworking fun place to be productive
cds (Former Employee), newark, delawareOctober 16, 2014
Pros: company provides workers lunch within because they make there own food
Cons: short breaks
a good job to work great benefits amazing learning experience
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier\Morning Merchandising (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, great benefits, unity, diversity
Cons: hard to get certain days off
The pay, benefits, and opportunities are great at Costco. It's one company that stands apart in its employee satisfaction philosophy.
Not Fair
Merchandiser/Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, overtime
Cons: management, job culture, hours
I asked for flexible hours because I wanted to go to school and I got "LAID OFF" the same day....HMMM I WONDER WHY....Management was not at all open to any suggestions...the job was terrible I felt like a zombie.
Overall in the right warehouse, working for costco can be a great experience. They have terrific pay and benefit package.
Forklift Operator/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits, frequent breaks
Cons: unorganized management and no consistency in scheduled days off
A typical day at work would be we would usually have a meeting with all scheduled employees about any major changes occurring during that day. I would access the needs in my given area and create an action plan with stockers. I would discuss any changes and action plans.
Some of the things I learned was how to merchandise and utilize time more efficiently – more... in a fast pace environment. I also learned to adapt to constant changes in a fast passed environment.
Management had to constantly adapt and improvise along with the fork lift drivers on any last minute changes. My co-workers manage their time well and are easy to work with. Everyone know their part and what it takes to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the fact that it was constantly changing at the last second. You have to be ready to improvise and change direction at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was costumer satisfaction and the challenge of how every experience is different. Most of the members at Costco love shopping there. They love the fact all the employees are personable and enjoy their jobs. – less
Fun and Productive work envrionment
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Concordville, PAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day I would help out prepare all the food items that are needed for the day. I would also maintain the inventory that was needed and kept up with putting it away and making sure the department had what was needed on a daily basis. The hardest part was sanitation and closing up the department. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers. I had – more... great management and co-workers – less
Sales
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: clean work
Cons: sales work hours
Good experience, learned how to engage sales process. Work out of a kiosk in a store and get people to buy goods and services.
I actually liked working for Costco straight out of high school.
Sales Associate/Deli food Prep (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 12, 2014
I would complete a daily production log within my shifts. I would help any customers who needed assistance. I would maintain a clean work space all throught the day.
Good Place to Work
SAP/Legacy Sr.QA Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2014
Good Place to Work , Lot of opportunities to learn,Humanity,Humility and integrity
great benefits
Tire Technician/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDOctober 10, 2014
like all retail places costcos hours sucks bottoms and blows flutes!
have to bang management to move up within. Pizza is soggy and garbage
Target import warehouse
Forklift trainer/driver (Former Employee), Thornton, COOctober 9, 2014
if you want to be stabbed in the back work here got set up by management and upper management would not talk with me
A great job but low staff.
Front End/Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free membership, great pay.
Cons: small staff group.
A typical day at work in Costco is a busy one. Running back and forth returning or bringing items that members no longer wanted or wanted. It is a fast paced job. Costco is one of the busiest jobs but it is also an enjoyable atmosphere. I learned to be quick at Costco. Being a Cashier Assistant, I had to be quick in returning cold products to the freezers – more... and make it back to help the cashier speed up the process of ringing members. The co-workers at Costco we're friendly and nice to work with. The most difficult part of the job would be cashiering or assisting during the rush hours. Even considering the most difficult part of the job, it was very enjoyable for the most part. – less
Great Place to work
sales (Current Employee), Wheaton MarylandOctober 7, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: management constantly look over your should and time manage
The place have a lot of different culture people come in to the store

Just need to learn how to deal different individual
Excellent place to work.
Tire Center Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2014
A day at Costco, is a day filled of smiles and great member service.
Best employeer ever
Receiving Lead PM Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLOctober 4, 2014
Pros: many
This will be the best career you will ever have. Great pay and benefits. 401k and overall just a good place to work,

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos