Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,163 reviews matching the search
Fun people, fast paced environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIAugust 28, 2016
Costco was a fun place to work. Everyone is friendly from bottom to top. Great benefits for part-time and full-time employees. I learned how to think outside of the box and be a more efficient worker.
Costco is a Good Job
Food Court Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAAugust 27, 2016
Costco is a great opportunity for all, particularly a great option for those with minimal education who intend to work retail till retirement because of the great benefits packages.
Productive and fun job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2016
This job was a fun one. I was able to learn a lot about food and the safety precautions of all types of food. I was able to better understand the point of putting nutrition facts on consumable items.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 25, 2016
to ring the members. get busy as much as we can when the store is slow. learned how to be patient. co workers are nice and built friendships. the most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is talking to each other without bossing each other and making our job stress free and laugh with each other.
Great company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
Costco takes care of their employees. They offer great starting pay and great benefits. Everyday is different and exciting in the warehouse.
Productive work place with advancement opportunity
Cashier Ast./Food Serv./Membership Ast. (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAAugust 25, 2016
Costco was a good company to work for. I learned a lot when I was there and was used in many different departments. Both my co-workers and management were overall solid in their performance and dedication to the company. The hardest part of the job was balancing school, work, and life. I made the choice to leave Costco, giving me more time to focus on school, and then graduate. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things daily and interacting with others. I love a healthy challenge, constant growth, and making a positive impact wherever I am.
Pros
Good compensation, challenging, interactive
Cons
Highly stressful environment, low-staffed, changing schedule
Great company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2016
i enjoyed working at costco. was there for almost 10 years. I pays really well compared to any other retail store. I worked in the bakery and it is the most demanding department in the warehouse. the most overtime if your ok with that. great people to work with. i worked at a union building so its hard to move up in the company since it goes by seniority.
Pros
great benefits, good starting pay, nice people to work with
Cons
can be a little demanding, schedule is not set, changes every week. no weekends off
fun and pays well
forklift driver/ stocker (Former Employee) –  san joseAugust 23, 2016
Great owners and people staff is great. Very fun enviroment to be in get to meet alot of great people. Hardest part is the closing times and opening usually alone and takes time but do able.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small tips
Seasonal Front End Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 23, 2016
This company has called me back every year to work for them Great company. Friendly co-workers and customers. The company supports you.
Pros
Open to return
Productive days everyday
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2016
My duty was to secure exit door and check out consumers. I learned the what to look for as far as those that tried to steal from the store. My co worker were great to work with and everyone had a purpose for being there. The hardest part about the job was there wasn't any trust with mgt. and being confidential.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
Flip flppers, disrespectful
Work
Deli Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
I had a great time working at Costco. It was a part time job and I needed more hours to support my family. The company is a great place to work.
They had a tv in the break room for an activity during break
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 22, 2016
Costco was a great place of business. The managers was great excellent co-workers & all. It was not hard work at all & the best part of the job was getting the job done.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
For me the food court
Professional work environment
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2016
Amazing place for a college job, they offer flexible hours and are willing to work with college students to make a schedule. The work days go by quickly since Costco is always busy, working side by side with a diverse workforce. The management is always ready to lend a helping hand and guide employees when lost. The hardest part as working at Costco is that it is often very exhausting having to be constantly working. The most enjoyable part of working here is being able to help make a member's day with simple conversation or helping them with their shopping experience.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Free membership
Cons
Exhausting work.
Overall a great place to work, but you have to start from the bottom
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 19, 2016
Costco is the king of brick and mortar retail and has a strong reputation of treating their employees well which is well deserved.
Pros
Benefits, job security, upward mobility
Cons
Hard to start from the bottom, managers can work long hours
Bakery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYAugust 18, 2016
It a good place to work great benefits the are always opportunities to move up. Even as a part time employee I still get full benefits medical and dental the same as full time employee
Pros
Early Hours
Cons
Short breaks
Just another job
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2016
The Costco in Norfolk was interesting to say at best. I was not given many opportunity's to excel for advancement due to all positions being full or having other employees there with more years of experience. Management did not treat all employees equally and often played favorites with staff that were relatives with the supervisors. Ideas and recommendations where thrown out the window. The general manager was very unprofessional and often talked bad about his employees to other employees.
Pros
Free membership, 401K
Cons
Bad management
very busy
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAAugust 17, 2016
very busy job, always keep you up beat with your task an the environment is very diverse the people that come in is very home welcoming, management is very positive an motivating
Pros
paid very well an can move up int the job fast
Cons
no benefits
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 16, 2016
Working at Costco will always have you on your feet and make you feel like you're part of a great team. Your co-workers make work great and when you see your members happy it makes your day. I've learned a lot from the company and have improved my soft skills.
Its a great place to work
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 16, 2016
Its a great place to work. There is collaborative work culture, inclusive of different work styles, yet ample of opportunity for independent work. Its moderate paced which is nice, not too fast neither slow, gives the right balance.
Pros
Amazing food at the cafeteria
Nicc place to work
Data Integration/Migration Lead/ETL Lead (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 15, 2016
Over all is good. A lots of fun with extra curricular activity. Good work environment. everybody very cooperative, helpful and sincere.

4.2