Costco Wholesale
1,614 reviews

Costco Wholesale United States Employee Reviews

Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMay 1, 2015
The atmosphere of Costco is great. They make sure you are as occupied and efficient as possible without ever overworking you.
great pay but cut throat coworkers
cashier (Current Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: benefits and bonuses
Cons: can't talk about anything without it getting used against you
Pays great if you can survive it. The work is not horrible but asking for any days off is like pulling teeth. Good luck having a life outside of this job. If you tell anyone about anything going on in your life or if you complain it will show up in your review. Its every employee for themselves. If you can just show up to work and keep your head down you'll do great. The only thing that keeps me going is the pay and benefits.
Great Benefits
Seasonal Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: carts
Great Location, Easy to learn and excel! Only wish my tenure was longer, I'll accept a callback from them at anytime,

While employed for Costco, I assisted members by providing excellent customer service.
I assisted the front end cashiers with loading products, as well as assisting in the upkeep of the warehouse to ensure members were able to shop in a clean and orderly environment allowing the members to locate their desired items. I also maintained an orderly and clean parking lot, free of obstacles allowing the members to come and go undisturbed all while maintaining a winning attitude and top notch customer service.
I assisted in the daily merchandising and restock of items for sale, utilizing pallet jacks, trash compactors and cardboard compactors.
The time spent working for Costco allowed me to see the inside and out of warehouse employment. Great learning experience .
Poor management
ABO Certified Optician (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDApril 29, 2015
Great service, prices, quality products. busy environment poor management from the top. Low stress job. Health benefits inexpensive.
Not conducive for college students
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MichiganApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benefits, free membership.
Cons: Early Mornings, Management, cloudy career advancement.
Overall Costco is as advertised. However, as a college student I don't think Costco is as conducive to college students as they like to say. It seems to be disconnect between management and myself on my career goals. My efforts to advance in the company after receiving my degree weren't reciprocated. I sometimes feel they want me to stock forever.
Inventory Advisor
Inventory Advisor (Former Employee), Frederick, MarylandApril 27, 2015
As an Inventory advisor i was in charged of verifying all the products and items in the store to insure that everything was organized and up to date.
Fun place to work
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 26, 2015
Have to be ready on daily base for members and the continuous demand to keep merchandise always fully stocked in every dept.
Retail work
Seasonal Night Stocker (Former Employee), Olympia, WAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good company, supervisors made sure you took breaks, etc.
Cons: Working on concrete floors, tough on the body.
My first experience in working fast paced retail. Great company, good team players for co workers. Working on concrete floors took some time to adjust, however it soon became the norm.
The best compay to work for
Marketing/ Membership/ Refunds Clerk (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Ive met some really great people working for Costco, from management, peers, to customers. The family oriented workplace makes this establishment even greater to work for.
amazing
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), 117th east harlemApril 24, 2015
it was real fun. Every talks to you nice and respectful . i learn how to cook more and always have a smile and respectful to people even when they are rude to you. the hardest part of working at Costco is dealing with disrespectful customer. and the part i love the most at Costco nobody really bothers you . the managers are rally nice and sweet to you and if you didnt know nothing there always people to help you out . my co workers was really cool and sweet they always had me smiley at work
Productive and fast paced
VAULT CLERK (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Inconsistency of rules and policies
Working at Costco, I learned several things in my position as well as in the warehouse in general. Looking from the beginning to end, I learned that every function is very, very important in Costco. My co-workers from day to day were amazing, willing to help in any shape or form and . Since my schedule fluctuates from day to day, the hardest thing to do actually deals with my body adjusting to the different times and not the actual job. My job responsibility in Costco is actually high pressured; however I have adjusted quite well over the years.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Having a membership
Cons: no Cons
Ive worked in many departments at costco, but a typical day at work is helping the members. I have learned how to help peope, safety tips and some management skills.
Its super fun workplace
seasonal employee (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free luches or snacks and good environment
Cons: none
Typical day at work would be pretty fast pace. Always moving time usually goes by fast a fair break time and plenty of free food at times at work. Also, there is a ping pong table.
Overall Feelings
Variety (Current Employee), MidwestApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Not enough employees scheduled
Costco is a great company to work for. It is a high paced environment that keeps you on your toes. I've learned how to multi-task, as well as to deal with difficult members. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough staff scheduled and we get swamped with members. We definitely work hard for our paychecks. I love most of my co-workers, we get along great and they definitely make my day go by faster. The hardest part of the job is having to stand on my feet for my whole shift. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. I have learned several departments while working for the company and i love it.
Not what it used to be
AM Stocker (Former Employee), Shoreline, WAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Part time benefits aren't too bad
Cons: Most of the supervisors and managers have no idea what they're doing, Managers with drug problems, Poor pay, Care more about shareholders then hardworking employees
So since Jim Sinigal stepped down, it seems as if the CFO has been running the company. Now they're all about their margins. So after the most recent rework of their "excellent pay scale" (barely $2 over minimum wage, and it takes about 5 years to get out of the rabbit starving paycheck range.) They have not been replacing the people who leave, and trying to get other to pick up the slack... Imagine coming in at 4am every day, being told to go fold clothes for an hour every morning, then by the time you can block down your 5 aisles (standard used to be 2) its lunch time, then you can do maybe half the work and its almost clean up time and the managers are yelling at you for not finishing your stocking.

Costco is nothing like it used to be. Still alright if you're a student or its your first job, but I really don't recommend working for them until the company corrects its direction.
A learning experience
Front-end Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits and great pay
Cons: Very stressful demanding mentally and physically without much reward
My job is high paced physically and mentally demanding. I have learned a lot in the last eight months as a supervisor. My job duties are cashier, assistant, Merchandise Pick-up window clerk, auditor, opener, closer, board runner, floor supervisor, cart supervisor, and any other job that I may be assigned. I am there to pick up calls for cashiers and assist members with their needs. I answer to my management about productivity and hours to be cut. Responsible for employees training and reviews. Work over time when needed and every weekend. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help someone and they leave our store happy.
Fun going and energtic environment
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIApril 21, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: Wont work around another job or your family
Its a hard place to work
Its all about who you know
They do teach you a lot of skills and train
you in every area so you can help out where needed
great place to work
Night Floor Manager (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Decent working conditions advancement if you relocate but not guaranteed
Cons: advancement is impossible or maybe after 15-20 yrs up 1 level
Great place to work however if you work in fl advancement is impossible everyone wants to be here, you can get by on 52000 a year with decent working condtions but really never get ahead due to the cost of living and inflation that exists today

Benefits were fantastic but when the ecomony crashed the company down graded all benefits and now they are so so I think if you didnt get benefits deducted from your check and found a good obama plan that would be better insurance
A Day At Costco Pharmacy
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Hayward, CAApril 17, 2015
A typically day at Costco consist of a busy workflow with great co-workers. We work as a team. Enjoy helping and meeting new people on a daily basis.
good working atmosphere
Optician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and health benefits, fantastic co-workers
Cons: changing of the shift schedule
my day starts with greeting members, answering questions like locating items in the warehouse, assisting handicapped members in shopping, working alongside co-workers, helping each other out with issues. Working full shifts, two breaks and a lunch were great. The greatest part of my job was the satisfaction I received for making our members have a better experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Salaries

Cashier
Front End Assistant
Front End Associate
Stocker
Merchandiser
$12.00 per hour

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.