Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,169 reviews matching the search
Great place
CASHIER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
a great place to work at great managers, process, co workers, and customers, employee treatment was fair benefits, hours and pay really fair for the work
Marketing /Sales Coordinator/ Business Development (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 24, 2017
Great team of people to work with. Days go by fast and it is a lot of fun to work there. Free membership and you can shop on your lunch hour and get samples
good Job
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 24, 2017
The management part is hard to deal with. It's a little like high schoool, personalities clashing, favorites getting promoted without much work, and never getting vacay requests approved.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
You've got to severely dedicate yourself to Costco to get hours.
It's Family
Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJuly 24, 2017
Everyone is family. Fast paced, everyone is welcoming, they make a long days work feel like a breeze. There's always someone there who can help and they don't mind. Wonderful benefits!!!!
Pros
Great Wages, benefits, team work, never a dull moment
Cons
Large Warehouse, wear comfortable shoes, keep allergy medicine on hand, too many customers who have a hard time finding absolutely everything
Production based bakery work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 24, 2017
High paced working environment, very competitive but fun spirited.

Learned how to manage bakery inventory, package and bake wholesale items.

hardest part was competing with other workers who are more experienced.

Most enjoyable part was much of the same thing, being treated equally in a fast paced yet competitive environment.
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
high paced work, production based, rigid structure.
Great Company
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 22, 2017
Very happy with my job at Costco. I plan on staying with this company for many years. Great work environment. Costco provides insurance to part time works and competitive pay.
Was able to enjoy samples on break
CDS (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2017
We were able to eat samples while on our lunch break. Other than that we really had no extra's from the company but a 401 K plan. They did add on some earned sick pay because of Oregon law.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 21, 2017
Good company to work for. Very fast paced. Learned how to work in different departments, photo, food court, stocking, etc.
Management could be better if they lead by example.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Don't work well with long term employees
Hard Work Pays Off
Tire Installer (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 21, 2017
The day depends on the individual so i can only speak for myself. I enjoy doing what i do cause i take pride in my work and ignore all the gossip and politics that take place in a workplace.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great Company
Cashier- Sales (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32317July 21, 2017
I had the opportunity to work in the Tallahassee Costco Wholesale where much of the employees were young with great energy. Due to the many different areas of Costco, it is easy once you have a foot in the door to expand to different branches within the company. All they ask is that you work hard, keep busy, maintain a safe work environment, and keep the customers happy. They pay well and offer many benefits; for this reason, many people stay with the company. However, my situation was different in which I lived in South Florida and had to come home after school ended, unfortunately, stepping away from my position with the company. Costco is a great company, definitely a place I would recommend to both shop and work at!
Pros
great pay, hours, and benefits
Cons
I did not find a con working here
Costco is a great business
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 20, 2017
Costco is one of my favorite places to shop. As an employee you get to see everything new as it comes to the floor. As a Holiday Store Associate you mainly do the same thing each day you work. Duties vary from from working the food counter to folding clothing.
Pros
lots of product and customer turnover
Cons
full time employees don't really seem to care for holiday employees
The Place to Be
Cashier / Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815July 20, 2017
Costco is a wonderful company to work for. There are many job opportunities within the company. I would and do recommend working for them to all I meet.
Pros
Reliable break structure
Cons
Hard to get time off.
Fast Paced and Short handed
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for - lots of regulations are in place to protect you from bad managers. They pay you great. It's hard to get full time, sometimes you get lucky to get it quickly. Over all, would recommend.
Good Place to Work
Redding, CA as Baker of specialty products (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 19, 2017
Work at Costco is an amazing experience, the pay and benefits are great, management takes some things a little too far, they get wrapped up in their "authority". I was with them for 20 years. I enjoyed every minute I was there when they were a scratch bakery, now they are a 95% frozen to bake, bakery.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Management and authentic products
good benefits
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 18, 2017
good place to work, really good benefits, good pay, i didnt work there long because they only had graveyard shift available which didnt work out for me as well as i had hoped
Photo Lab Assistant
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 18, 2017
Very simple. Had to learn a lot of equipment and safety rules. The biggest thing that I favored was building connections with my members and helping them have beautiful photos.
Pros
Very Easy
Cons
Understaffed
Great place to work good managment
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 18, 2017
Work life balance can be a bit more difficult compared to Target were it was relatively easy to swap shifts. At Costco it is easier if you just request the time off rather than switch with somebody. Also it can be a little difficult to move up depending on the warehouse because of seniority. I also see a little bit of favoritism every now and then, but not rampied like Walmart. All in all great place to work!!
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Full time can be difficult to get.
Overall, Costco has a very welcoming environment and professionally managed.
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 18, 2017
As maintenance, I was more independent than most other departments was able to choose my break times as well as choosing what tasks needed to be done. I learned how to work within the Costco environment as an independent while also being part of a very large team. Costco has an "open door policy" meaning that if there is an issue, you can directly go to higher management and not have to "climb the management ladder". Costco heavily enforces workplace diversity for the benefit of the workplace as well as for the member's shopping experience. However, the most difficult part of the job is always high standards that they have for their employees. They most enjoyable part is the professional manner with which it is conducted as well as the welcoming nature of all of the co-workers.
Pros
amazing health care, good pay, very willing to work with sceduel
Cons
very high standards, fast pace, strict
great place to work
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2017
With this company you can really advance you need to give up a lot but if a retail career is what you are looking for this is the company for you. If you want a good paying job top in the industry.
Pros
Great with Employees and every 6 months a Bonus for topped our employes
Cons
No Retail Job will ever give you great work life balance unless you advance to a top level
Don't work at Costco.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 17, 2017
I don't work at Costco, but at CDS which is a good company but they don't have benefits. they provide a good work place but no job flexibility. The management is friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2