Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,273 reviews matching the search
Wish I could've stayed longer
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2017
Relocated with spouse but loved the job. Received commendations from management for doing well on roadshows that were provided for the members. Overall nice place to work
Intense 2 week training and a little getting use to.
E-Commerce Agent (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 14, 2017
Was only there for a month due to being forced to move back home (1800 miles away), I'm a person who loves a job with a lot going on at once and this was one of those jobs. Coworkers were friendly and very helpful. The Costco CEO made me glad to be working for that company because he took pride in his employees. Should watch a video about the man.
Pros
Good pay, opportunity to move up, costco membership, always busy
Cons
Training was like being in a summer college class, they unload a massive amount of info in just 2 weeks.
Ok place to work for school chidren
Member Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
Costco is a good company just not enough hours for me personally, I tried many time to get cross training in other department as they stated we would be ,but no one want wants to take time to train you unless they are in a bind ,I think they should have meeting with everyone instead of random employees so we can all be on the same page with everything
Sell your products what you are demonstrating
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
Gave samples of food to the public. Try to sell my product. Have an incentive plus meet wonderful people. Great job and fun. You have to move quick and be ready at all times. Have to enjoy and love people. Able to talk and smile at all times. Be happy and Have fun . Get along with your coworkers. Help each other at all times and be available. Never be late
Pros
Good company
Cons
Stay busy
Great Pay, Nothing Else
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2017
The pay was fantastic and some decent people to work with. but expectations for new hires were unbearable as was the training. very limited amount of people training properly and poor management.
Pros
Great pay, Lots of Breaks
Fastpace
Front end employee (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 13, 2017
Costco is a fast moving cutthroat environment. I have learned that working here you definitely have to stay on your toes. I wouldn't talk very much and I would try to work as fast as I can to stay in the clear.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very strict Managers
Great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 13, 2017
great company to be with. Great place to at! Employees are great and members are very cooperative. The food court is really good. Although, I think the pizza isn't as good as it used to be.
Pros
items
Cons
no full time at business center
Job Duties
cashiers assistant, member services, security (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 12, 2017
Worked in different departments during the years i was employed at Costco. Started as a cart attendant then transitioned in to the front end, I became a cashier, and cashier assistant. Also worked in the member service department greeting members and reviewing receipts. towards the end of the years i worked there, I joined the merchandising crew during graveyard shifts. I restocked merchandise items and rearranged isles according to seasonal change.
Productive, fun, and fast workplace
Food Court Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 11, 2017
Working there was for sure my best work experience, the management was great, and a regular day there just flew by due to how busy it would get. It was like a family environment there and everyone got along. I learned speed and precision is everything there, though the hardest part was keeping the speed up! It had to be constant, regardless how slow/busy it was.
Pros
Paid sick days, paid vacation days, paid overtime every Sunday, full benefits.
Cons
Very demanding and picky with employees
It's hard work but it pays off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 11, 2017
Everything you hear about Costco is true we all love it there. They treat us great and pay very well. The more years you work the more vacation and stock options you get.
Pros
Holidays off paid for

Want to know more about Costco Wholesale?

Ask a question
Wow!
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 10, 2017
This was a Temp job . I wanted so bad to stay here the envirement was great the people were wonderful . I did get sick of the hot dogs but it was a quick cheap lunch
Great atmosphere with very nice pay and benefits
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 10, 2017
There Is no typical day at work It changes everyday but I would have to say punch in find out what needs to be done depending on the shift and helping with the members needs. I have learned to work in a huge warehouse type of environment with different people. The management makes sure the place runs smoothly and does their best to take care of the employees and members. The hardest past of the job is probably doing store wide inventory. The most enjoyable is knowing i went that extra mile to help someone.
Pros
great starting pay and benefits ability to move within and inner promotion.
Cons
Training could be better
Over all
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 9, 2017
This is a great company to work for. starting pay and tap out pay is great. You get all of your hours they have the option of moving up all the time. if I wanted to stay at Costco I would but I want to be in the medical feild
Costco
Cashier/Customer Service/Food Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2017
working at Costco was faced paced and I loved it, The employees there were very nice. I got along with management.i love their clientele. I loved their members.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
No cons all positive
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Merchandising Stocker (Current Employee) –  Baxter, MNAugust 9, 2017
Fun place to work, great benefits. Treat employees very well. Very good at training employees to the standards that they would like. Very flexible with work and life balances.
Stable Company
Labor/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 9, 2017
Great Benefits
Chances for advancement through the company
Good job requirements to compensation ratio
High paced work environment
Provides stable employment
Great place to work for,
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 8, 2017
One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great management,flexible shedule,they keep u busy. Everyone was so friendly. Great benefits and advancement opportunity
Pros
Great benefits
A typical day at work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 8, 2017
As a merchandising supervisor or manager your day starts early usually around 4 AM. You start the shift by looking at what is products are coming in. Then you make decisions on when to put the product and how you display it prior to stocking staff start time. Then you manage the staff to get the sales floor stocked and ready. Down time is used to run reports, write schedule, reviews, etc.
Pros
Free membership, great healthcare
Cons
Busy and feel like you don't have Enough time to get everything done
Fast pace and multitasking with vehicles.
Certified Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at my work place would be interacting with Costco members. Ensuring the member is satisfied with their experience at Costco. Fast paced working to make sure each car gets completed in a reliable time span. Working together with the Management team to help settle member issues.
I raise the vehicles with a lift. mount and balance the tires.
The hardest part of my job is making sure each customer leaves happy and is willing to come back to Costco.
Pros
401k, health insurance, overtime hours.
Cons
Not a steady schedule.
Good 1st job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 8, 2017
I worked at Costco in the Clothing Department. I mainly stocked and helped customers locate their desired products and occasionally did moves. The co-workers were very nice and employees are paid fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2