Costco Wholesale
1,734 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

This is a company that worked for for 20 years.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Good pay and good hours and benefits.
Cons: none
I am ready to start at a new company that is moving forward and i wish to help in that process. I have experience in all of the warehouse functions and if not i am a quick learner to adapt to the different phases of how the warehouse operates.
Truly a pleasure to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee), Temecula,CaJune 5, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
The best of everything! A true pleasure to work for this company. They treat you haw you would like to be treated. The best benefits I have ever had.
fast moving, with fun and out going workers
flower vendor (Former Employee), la mesa, caJune 5, 2015
Pros: being my own boss
Cons: have to work 7 days a week
Being a flower vendor at costco is one of the best jobs to have. I get to mingle with everyone. I have a lot of freedom with my schedule. But on the other hand, unless I hire out it is a 7 day a week job.
A great place to work for.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIJune 4, 2015
I love working here. We work together to make sure our members get the best shopping experience they can and sell everything at great prices. I mainly load groceries back into the cart and cashier. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of different people and becoming friends with my coworkers.
love costco
Marketing and Membership Service Associate (Current Employee), springdale ohioJune 4, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: not full time
need/want full time employment. the managers are always supportive. typical retail ups and downs. fast pass enviorment.
great job
Meat Department Supervisor in Marlboro (Current Employee), Township of Brick, NJJune 4, 2015
cutting meat and filling cases. learned how to become a supervisor. Management is great. I love working with my coworkers. keeping up with the cases when we are busy. working with a great bunch of guys.
friendly atmosphere with great benefits
Member Service (Current Employee), Warminster, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great health benifits
Providing excellent member service surrounded by friendly people that love their job. Staff and management is knowledgeable and treats everyone like family.
Crazy fun and hectic job!
Membership Supervisor (Current Employee), LexingtonJune 2, 2015
Pros: awesome health insurance
Cons: good old boys club
Every day at Costco is busy! Having run the Front End and the Membership Desk, each day brings a new challenge, a new demand, and a new reason to love what we do!
fun
Cashier Assistant/Front End (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 2, 2015
i loved it everything, i was only there fir the season, however i met alot of people and it was a great experience. loved it loved it loved it
Flexible job with good pay just don't expect to get promoted
Front End (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: good benefits, flexible hours, goof pay
Cons: glass ceiling, promote friends with less experience over qualified candidates with seniority
High volume of customers, crazy conditions. Great place to work through college. Tough to advance through politics and managers keeping their bubbles intact.
Customer service is number 1
Produce, Stocker, Freezer/Cooler, Member Service (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good money and benefits
Cons: Management is not very organized.
You work hard at Costco, there is no sitting or chatting with co-workers. The member/customer is #1 and you give the members full attention and do anything in your power to please them. Costco pays well and has excellent insurance benefits. The company takes good care of their employees.
Great benefits and good job advance
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Westlake, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: part time you are required to work 5/day a week
Costco has great benefits with great job advancement. Great place to
really increase your multitasking skills. The co-workers there are real veterans, most have been there for more than 10 years and they're real passionate and care about their jobs which is good to see at any company you work for. The hardest part of the job is really getting to know and understand the type of customers you attend to, they require more since they pay to be members there. The customer service there is really high in expectations and that good. A challenge is always good. They are always pushing you to be better and perform better. At the end of it all it really makes you a better employee.
Great Place to work
Morning Stocker (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 31, 2015
As a morning stocker my duties were to ensure that all of dates on the products are up to date and that nothing is bad or is going to be bad. Along with that I would also have to assist members with finding the products that they are currently looking for
Great Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, IllinoisMay 30, 2015
Costco Wholesale is a company where the member is truly the center of all decisions and the company ensures this by treating their employees very well. Working at a high traffic location has taught me how to keep a level head in times of panic as well as the opportunity to learn multiple different job areas.
production and fun workplace with different ethnicity
Front aid assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Seasonal position
A typical day at work was to come early, clock in, and help the cashier pack the customer's grocery.

I leaned it was a productive place and fun if you know your job.

There wasn't any hardest part of the job.

Management- Great

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers, supervisors, and greeting the customers.
Awesome place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Yakima, WAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Costco membership is free
Answering phone calls sounds easy, but its different when you're taking in complaints, or trying to help an upset customer out. Although the customers can sometimes be difficult to deal with, the people surrounding you make the job well worth it.
Great place to work, especially with having no education
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: You get stuck here bc it's so great.
Pay and structure is similar to the military with promotions based on time of employment, and in the position. Willing to work around schedules for school or military service, and great pay and benefits.
Great company for longevity
Front-End and Membership Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
Pros: Tons of opportunity for advancement
Cons: You gotta get to know a lot of people to get the jobs you want.
I have worked for the company for ten years. It is growing exponentially. Getting on board is really hard but worth the struggle.
Key is to know someone who knows when they are hiring.
my job
Membership Processing Agent (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 27, 2015
serving hosting bussing bar resturant. Bartending to excellent customers and local business around. Awesome co workers who take job serious but know when to have little fun.
focused on the young, especially the children of Costco workers
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: We are given free food, usually fruit, salad and chicken practically every Friday. We get a free Executive membership. After 5 years, each employee receives a bonus check every 6 months.
Cons: Nepotism, discrimination against those with degrees of higher education and seasoned (age), POOR training practices.
Costco is a great place to work if you are young. If your parents or grandparents work for Costco, then you are pretty much guaranteed a promotion in a very short period of time.

If you hire on with Costco with experience, as well as a degree of higher education, you are put through a de-programming so you learn the "Costco way". Typically you do not receive promotions. Instead you are told that you don't have enough experience because you have not worked as a supervisor for Costco. So the vicious cycle continues. This is especially true if you have wrinkles or gray hair.

Costco management, from my limited experience, of people who have only managed in Costco, and therefore, have very limited experience in managing people. Most of the supervisors and managers are in their position because of who they know. There is a lot of nepotism. The training and mentoring obviously goes on during off hours, because there is practically no formal training given to any employee. Most employees are thrown into a job with minimal instruction and expected to perform at an exceptional level. It's either sink or swim.

Costco benefits are excellent. They are the best I have ever had in my years in the workforce.

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Salaries

Cashier
Front End Associate
Front End Assistant
Stocker
Merchandiser
$12.00 per hour

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.