Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,745 reviews matching the search
Non eventful workplace but workers are great
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAApril 6, 2016
Poor management with this company. Was no real room for growth but the job was really easy.Employees are fun to work with but very big differences in the age groups.
Yul
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 6, 2016
Helping customers shop or bringing back karts to the front of the store, picking up any garbage from the parking lot. And front facing items when store closes while bringing back cardboard and trash to the dispensary.
Productive and teamwork environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work is busy and strenuous when your position is to get the store "Showtime Ready". Many of Costco's locations that have been open for several years, only have part time positions available. If your seeking full time employment with this company, you will need to consider relocating to one of the new locations prior to them opening.
Pros
Team oriented environment
Cons
Full time employment isn't readily available
great job
Seasonal merchandising (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 4, 2016
work with team members
help members find what they are looking for
the hardest part is getting to full time they only hire into part time position
Pros
work around your life
Cons
hard to get into
Fast-paced work environment with excellent management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2016
Personally, I enjoy a fast-paced work environment that continues to offer new challenges. Costco provided a workplace experience that was busy and engaging with great co-workers and management. Advancement opportunities were somewhat rare but did occasionally present themselves to hardworking and driven individuals.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement
Costco
Meat Clerk, Tire sales, Tire installer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 30, 2016
Management in the need of improvement. Business Ethics come into play when the business has to make a conscious decision on its dilemmas (e.g.: harassment, employee relations, discrimination etc). Hence Business Ethics or Corporate Ethics can be quoted as the set of behaviour and disciple that a business follows in its activities.
benefits
Cons
Managent
Great
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 28, 2016
Costco is an amazing place to work for. My location is very fast paced and very busy which always leads for an interesting day. I've learned many skills especially when it comes to problem solving and giving the best customer service. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
It's retail
Costco Wholesale
Front End Assistant/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
I loved working here and had a great experience for my seasonal employment. The management was knowledgeable and fair during my employment and the benefits are great after 3 months.
success
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 28, 2016
Starting my day at 5:45 in the morning with some clothes stocking and stacking, then moving to Domestics whereb I folded towels and stocked various different items for the sales shelf. I learned different ways to fold towels and I learned how to use a Pallet hand Jack. The mamagement was very helpful and willing to teach me everything I needed to know to complete the task. The hardest part of the job was staying awake so early in the morning. The best part was having Supervisors acknowledge your work and let you know that they appriciate how well you
you did the job.
Good Place to work
Membership (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 25, 2016
The benefits are great four full and part time employees. There other perks that are beneficial.

They have good work ethics for customers and employees.
Pros
Great opprotunity for advancement and relocation if wanted
Great Teamwork and Good Work Environment
Shipping and Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJMarch 25, 2016
I learned how to load and unload trailers full of merchandise, Always kept a clean and safe work environment. Co-Workers were always more than welcome to help and to answer any questions. I liked that you were always learning something new so that your job was more interesting and you could help where help was needed. I couldn't say that there was any hard part in the job, but if I had to choose, it would just be making sure loads were going out on time when we were extremely busy.
Best Big Box Retail Company to Work For
Lead Tire Sales/ Installer (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 25, 2016
I really do have more that good to say about Costco. Great pay, great benefits and for the most part a joy to work for. I will say that it is VERY difficult to get promoted in my location. I believe this is to do with the fact that no one ever leaves the company. One other issue, Costco was once a promote from within company and a company that would promote based on experience and tenure. I have seen may cases where this is no longer true.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers and clients
Cons
Promoting
Great place to work.
Senior Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 25, 2016
Would recommend this Compony, the culture is fantastic, the benefit is awesome. what a wonderful place to start a career,
Amazing as an entry level job, good benefits, pay and job security. Expect a poor level of management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sand City, CAMarch 25, 2016
It was an amazing job financially for an entry level position! I made great money and the benefits were nice.

The Sand City Costco seemed understaffed and overworked during my employment.

Management seemed based on seniority over choosing whom is most capable. When a job posting would go up, everyone kind of knew who would be selected because the postings were directed to one individual (I had a direct experience, when I refused the position all interviews were cancelled and it was pulled from the board).

Lots of cliques, inner circles and favoritism. Hard work is not recognized for people that don't show off everything they do to management. Too many politics and the dipping of pens into the company ink.

The store manager always seemed misinformed and was out of touch with what really goes on our on the floor. Likely has been in the same store/position for much too long and was comfortable. He asked me directly to break the rules for a customer because "he spent over $50k last year". Did not seem aware of the level of favoritism. He did seem to care greatly about the store but ran everything on a skeleton crew.
Pros
pay, benefits, job security
Cons
favoritism, poor management
Great shopping place and place to work
stocker (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMarch 24, 2016
At Costco a normal day, I would help customers get what they need as a stocker. Im always happy when I'm there and working for them.
Pros
gas stations, best place to buy products
Cons
dont have light duty jobs for me
Built long relationships with co-workers
Front End Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMarch 24, 2016
Same day to day task, and management needs some work. But pay is well for a retail store that doesn't require a degree. Everything is built on seniority, therefore new hires have no way to move up in the company unless they relocate or stay with the company for years.
Always enjoyed coming to work!
Marketing Professional/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 22, 2016
Every day we had a different product that we pivoted to Costco members; before we got out to the floor we got a chance to learn our self about the product, so if any questions came up we could answer the question in a fast response! Great environment to work in, and the staff that we had we also communicated and made the best of it every day!
And if you are a person to communicate with people and don't like to sit in the office then this is a very good job for you!
Pros
This is a job for all ages!
My Day- Day Job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 22, 2016
My number one priority is taking care of the hundreds of members that come shop at the Warehouse.Then I try to keep all of my employees happy or at least try to accommodate all of there needs. Costco is a wonderful company they treat there employees well with the utmost respect, they pay very well, and most of all there benefit programs are nice. I think the most challenging thing at my job is to keep the lines down, make sure that i always have enough cashiers to open a line. The most enjoyable thing about my job is member service, in my book my members are always number one. I like to always try to keep my members happy. The happier they are the more times they will come back.
It is a very productive job and always a oppurtonity to advance
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 17, 2016
I would start the day by finding out the area I'm working in and I would get rid of the empty boxes on the pallets and block down the items then go on break then come back and give another stocker a break and then after we close put up the stock that the drivers put out .Management is good they always help out and coworkers are friendly and helpful the hardest part is when we are shorthanded and busy.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, oppurtunity to advance
Cons
Requesting off 3 weeks in advance
Micro - management
Gopher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 17, 2016
Coming from a corporate structure into retail was a beast itself. I never experienced an environment of misdirection, teeny-bopper mentality from some of the supervisors, way too many chiefs who specialized in micro-managing, and allot of favoritism if you were part of the teeny-bopper clicks. If you're not part of the click, they don't care about you. Advancement only comes if a new store opens and you're able to transfer into new location as a supervisor/manager.
Pros
Job Security, excellent medical and retirement benefits
Cons
No set hours. Work schedule constantly changes. Favoritism, descent pay, allot of bs

4.2