Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,752 reviews matching the search
Strong leadership and Motivated Workplace
Front-end Employee/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2017
Costco prides itself on utilizing a much more efficient employee to task ratio than its competitors. They expect employees to be on time, work hard and efficiently and to pull their own weight. I learned much, and really enjoyed and excelled in this environment.
Pros
Leadership and Work Ethic from Top Down
Working at Costco
Deli Clerk/Warehouse Floater (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
A great job to have while in school or shooting for another career. Benefits are good, and you can work various positions. Pay is nice but hours do get cut a majority of the time, it depends on the store you work at. You have to work 5 days minimum at part time rather you get 40 hours or 24. The management can be very difficult depending on the experience of the person or the people skills they have. There were some great supervisors and managers but a lot of them could be very rude and condescending to employees. No one in my store was ever on the same page. One manager could come in and have your case set up a particuluar way and someone else could come in the next day and have it the complete opposite but you would get chewed out for it. Overall, if you do not mind repetitive work and retail is something you can do, you can definitely make it a career depending on the person you are. I would say the average person get's full time around the 5 year mark.
Pros
Benefits, pay, getting time off/holidays, pretty flexible
Cons
Working 5 days minimum, hours getting cut, supervisors management can be very disrespectful
Fast paced working environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAApril 12, 2017
Overall, Costco is a great place to work, because they pay their employees well and also offer employees working part time and full time great benefits.
Pros
health care, 15min breaks, 30min lunches
Cons
Management is faulty at times
Flexible hours with good pay
Sales Associate & Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
Great summer job while in school. Was able to work somewhat flexible hours with good pay for job done. Worked in rotisserie as a manager assistant. Time and a half on Sundays
Pros
Time and a half on Sundays
Cons
Work on weekends
Productive Fast-paced warehouse environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 11, 2017
Costco is one of the top companies in the US to work for. Be prepared for fast-paced action and a higher level of customer appreciation. The level of professionalism is refreshing but comes at the cost of over politicalization.
Pros
Automatic raises and bonuses
Cons
Potentially overpowered managers who enjoy the occasional power trip.
flower arangment
Customer service (florist) (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAApril 11, 2017
⦁ Customer service
⦁ Stocking and changing out the water for flowers daily
⦁ Manage maintenance of products
⦁ taking Inventory before and after shifts
Fun people to work with
Warehouse worker/ Order picker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 11, 2017
The people where fun to work with but the management was not good I made a lot of friends working there and the work there was easy I'm glad I got the experience from working there
Hard work, but compensates well.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 11, 2017
Costco provides anyone who works there the opportunity to be successful. If one is willing to work hard enough, the can make well over six figures as the climb the management chain. Along with this path comes many challenges and longer days, however, if you are money driven this may be the company for you.

The benefits set this company apart from any other retailer hands-down.
good
Costco Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 10, 2017
good training
good atmosphere
fast paced in a good way
pretty chill people
you can do your own thing
fun place to work
you can move around from cashier,bakery,food prep,cleaning,stock...
good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIApril 10, 2017
OK pay but good benefits. Management very different from warehouse to warehouse. Some are great, some are terrible. Good opportunity to be promoted to management if you work hard. Likes to promote from within.
Great Retail Company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 10, 2017
Great retail company with decent benefits. Decent workplace. There is opportunity to move up in the company especially if you are willing to move around. Overall a decent company.
Pros
Great benefits
Managements bothering
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJApril 10, 2017
The management is the worst part of the job, if you can deal with them you can make some pretty good money. The starting rate is 13 an hour beating most other places by quite a lot.
I always dream big big life is short and i always do what my heart say
Part-time Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 9, 2017
Costco whole sale is a good company to work for because it has good benefits. I have a derre in feild crops technology and I always knew that i wanted to have a job were i can put my degree to use .
Pros
Benefits is good nowdays on any job
Cons
Finding a job were love and compassion and loyalty
Great place to work for.
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2017
I enjoy working at Costco. Members are great. There is always new products coming in. Management and coworkers are great to work with. Great environment. LM
Productive and busy workplace with great co-workers.
Front End - Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 8, 2017
A typical day at work is one that typically keeps you on your toes. You're constantly moving and interacting with people, whether they're co-workers or managers or customers.

The environment is very casual and comfortable yet professional, so it is very easy to fit in and adjust to the openness of the workplace culture. Most of the workers are polite and friendly. So it is usually very enjoyable on the job.

The managers are very willing to work with you, especially if you're new on the job, and they're always patient and understanding. They expect the best from you but they aren't overbearing in their expectations nor are they difficult to get along with. They encourage your strengths and help you minimize, if not outright remove, your workplace deficiencies.

The hardest part of the job for me was adapting to the constant changes in the work areas. I would go from assisting the cashiers to working outside to the clothing department to helping the custodians or the stockers at the end of the day. Those shifts also came with adjustments to the workplace layout, so everything was a bit of a workout though one that benefited my health.

Besides the changes being a great test of my physical endurance and mental acuity, they were also quick so I had to be quicker in order to keep up. However, all of those changes were a lot of fun because I met new people and worked on different sets of skills until I found the niche that suited me best. It led me to learning that I enjoyed working in a team setting because the socializing afforded to me during breaks and after hours was
  more... the best part of the job.  less
Pros
great hourly wages, convenient location, fair breaks
Cons
inefficient scheduling system, workers can be shorthanded at times
Fast Workplace
Customer Service/Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 8, 2017
A typical day at work was rushing to get customers their items or carts to the entrance but at all times running. I learned to always be in a rush and help customers the fastest way possible. The hardest part of the job was pushing the amount of cars they required for long hours. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
One of the best companies in America today. They stand by their motto of Members first, Vendors, Employees
MEMBERSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAApril 7, 2017
One of the best companies to work for in America today. They stand by their moral codes, and policies. Their motto is members first, vendors, employees. One of the best non-union companies to work for.
Pros
sound management teams
Cons
N/A Enjoyed the members, and employees.
Hard Work Pays Off
Membership Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2017
Costco is one of the best companies in the entire world to work for. They pay well, the work you hard, and the ability to advance has no ceiling. If you are willing to swallow your pride and start out low, you can work your way up to $20 an hour within the first 6 months.
Pros
pay, atmosphere, benefits
Cons
hours, HR
Decent place to work for a time.
Sales Representative, Tire Center (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 7, 2017
Stay too long and you will regret it. Pay is decent. Benefits are great. Paid time off. One of the better wholesale companies to work for. They are everywhere,
Benefits
produtive, busy and time crunching. ( AM SHIFT)
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 7, 2017
The Morning shift is no joke. It requires swift thinking and fast moving. I learned that even the smartest and brawnest of brawn can barely handle something as simple as stocking all those isles in the warehouse and re merching it at the same time.

Management can be a pain, But hey its Costco we're talking about here.

Once your in, you have to make of whats best in front of you to keep pushing through your days here. Its really labor, in all its guts and glory. Working here will make you realize what kind of person you are.... are you lazy? are you weak minded? are you a leader or are you a follower?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2