Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,282 reviews matching the search
AM Stocker/ Tire Shop assistant/ Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2017
The environment here is very stressful but it pays off. You work hard and long enough management will notice and try to give you different responsibilities to see if you are ready to be promoted to another level.
Pros
Payed great, god breaks, easy to get promoted
A great place to work if you like a fast pace environment
Clothing Organizer (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAAugust 5, 2017
I was great working for Costco it was a seasonal job i had for the winter. I learned a lot from other workers. I liked its fast pace environment every day was different from the last.
Pros
I loved learning new things like how to make your job better.
Cons
It was only a season job.
Fast pace, employees are nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 5, 2017
Work hard stay focused good company but will push u to the limit and sometimes it's hard a lot of stress on the body and mind I wake up early for my job but great company
The breakroom's always nice
Bakery Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 4, 2017
Management always gets the job done but that doesn't mean they do it correctly, they also never take the time to properly show you how they want things done, they just ask for it and complain why you don't do it the way they want. Its a lot of repetitive work and getting promoted is difficult because they decide to promote on seniority instead of hard workers. The benefits are awesome and the pay is decent but definitely goes up over the years.
Pros
free lunch once in a while and decent pay
Cons
bad management and little to no promotion options
Can be a bit overwhelming
Alorica Technical Support Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2017
work as a call center support rep can be a bit overwhelming at times. Some days the calls can be too much to handle and the calls can last hours to resolve an issue.
Terrible management
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 4, 2017
Great pay and benefits. Fast paced work environment. Very hard to get a stable schedule. Good upward mobility if you're willing to move or buy management coffee everyday. Terrible management due to rapid expansion. Selective enforcement of policies depending on how well management likes you. Middleton store has a toxic work environment due to poor management as of Aug 2017.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
Great benefits pay and management
Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 4, 2017
I loved working at Costco Optical Lab. The management was wonderful as well as the pay and benefits offered. I would absolutely recommend this place to a friend.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Pay
Very Sterile
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 4, 2017
The CEO has the right idea. The workers are awesome but the old Manager had a very sterile and unapproach. The store is a great store with the new management.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
very physical type of work with positive results and a lot of benefits
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 3, 2017
my experience in working at Costco was very positive. I learned how to keep a balance of working multiple different positions and having the opportunity to be challenged in different environment in such a short term.
Great
Baker/Cake Decorator/Service Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 3, 2017
I loved Costco and my time there. I still recommend it to anyone that asks. It was fast paced but exciting. The benefits and compensation cannot be topped by any other business in the industry; in my opinion.
Stocker/ Backup Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work and it can be a career. A lot of opportunities to move around and to move up. You can easily move from the different departments to learn and find one that best suits you.
Pros
Great Benefits
Excellent place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHAugust 3, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Costco. As a student they were able to work with my limited schedule while keeping my hours high enough for my needs. I felt that the pay was excellent and there was always opportunities to advance within the company. Highly recommend Costco Wholesale for anyone looking for employment.
great career
Non Licence Optician (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 3, 2017
it is an amazing choose of career i got to learn more about prescription glasses. I was responsible to make sure the lenses were cut properly as well to make sure the were install on the frame
busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 3, 2017
cashier, stocking, assist packing customers carts, obtain items that were left behind and return them back to appropriate area, call other stores to verify if item is in stock at other costco locations.
Great job
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 3, 2017
This job offers great pay, its a good career, it has great benefits,and has many different job opportunities to try. Great for young adults who are starting out and need a good paying job
Great benefits
Marketing/Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30319August 3, 2017
All about the members no matter what pay is amazing. Great hours. Standing on your feet all day. Great way to advance in a compay. Definitely have to have great work ethics
Quick-paced but relaxed
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 2, 2017
The management does a great job with scheduling for employees that juggle work and school or just two jobs. It isn't a high stressed retail job either except for the holidays.
Really Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAAugust 2, 2017
This job is non-stop, there is work needed everywhere. There will not be a day where there is nothing to do. Must have lots of patience while working in a really fast paced environment.
Great place to work, Needs better management training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 2, 2017
I loved working for Costco. I advanced three positions within my probation period. At the end of my probation period I was offered a supervisor position that I accepted. I was then fired by an over zealous supervisor who was harassing me with phone calls when I called out for a shift because I was with my new born son in the NICU. She lacked empathy or compassion because she believed my job should come before my family.
Great work experience.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAAugust 1, 2017
Whether you want to work at a Costco for just a little while or your entire career, you will find the options and opportunities available at Costco. Costco promotes from within. Costco culture is very healthy and balanced. They always have their employees do the right thing and focus on customer service at all times, and they will compensate you very well for your efforts.
Pros
Regular breaks, good starting pay, great benefits.
Cons
Fast paced work at all times, especially during the holidays!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2