Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 3,176 reviews matching the search
Good money and benefits
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 4, 2017
Solid place to start working to pay for college but not a place to look for a career. A lot of people get stuck here because the pay is good but most of the jobs end up as a dead end.
Self- Explanatory ,
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 3, 2017
Costco Food Service requires the ability to communicate at a high and perform with a level of precision. The culture is easy going but high stressed when planning has not taken place. Employees are expected to follow daily sanitation logs before and after business hours. During business hours emplyoess are expected to ring orders as well as complete pic-up orders for pizzas over the phone. The most challenging part about this job is maintaining pizza orders when the business is moving at a rapid pace.
Pros
Compensation, personal/sick time and paid vacation
Cons
Working enviorment, management, lack of planning and lack of communication
Fun place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 3, 2017
Costco is a very good company to work for. they work well around your schedule and accommodate on time requested off. I enjoyed working here because it was a fast paste job and when you least expect it, your shift is over in a bling of an eye.
Pros
free Lunch on certain days.
Cons
Very nice place to work at.
Fast-paced special retailing
Major Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wharton, NJJuly 3, 2017
Great job for those without college degrees i.e. HS diploma/ GED. If you have a Bachelors or Masters seek other options in your field first unless you are desperate for work and health insurance. Outside of that good company to work for as far as opportunities to learn and grow.
Management Sucks
Food Court/Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 3, 2017
No offence to the warehouses who's management rocks, but the management my warehouse had was horrible. There was nothing but favoritism and nepatism within the warehouse. It took me 2 years to get out of the food court, even though they would always tell my team that they'd transfer one of us to the front end before hiring new people. Yet they hired new people all the time. During my supervising interview, my manager told me I was too young to be promoted and then brought up rumors within the department to see how I'd respond. He didn't listen to facts, he only listened to his favorite's opinion. He expected perfection from all of the employees, and when we messed up, we'd get a coaching immediately. All of us. Not just a single person. We had no room for error or we'd get written up. He even told me that if I failed a college course then he'd write me up for accomodating my school schedule for nothing. Yet, he required ALL school schedules and even a screenshot from my computer screen with the time and website address highlighted in order to accomodate my school schedule. And he'd still make me work on my school days because someone else already asked for that day off before I did.. even though school classes are REALLY important. It just sucked. Costco needs to hire managers from the outside and not just from the inside. Most of them run their departments through intimidation and the warehouse managers let them get away with it.
Pros
The benefits.
Cons
The management
Work hard for slightly better pay and benefits
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 3, 2017
It's basically a meat grinder during the hiring seasons. They bring in about 50 new people and keep maybe 4. Jobs are difficult, demanding, and can wear a person thin. They do have health benefits, but you'll most likely be one of the hundred or so people working part-time on paper, but full time in hours. They work you at 40hrs/week until they cut you back to keep you down. It's a great place if you're fit, young, and need a stepping stone.
Pros
Benefits (only good for full-time), Pay
Cons
Hard work, promotes unhealthy working dynamic
Productive fast working place
Tire Installer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 3, 2017
Great Company overall Good to know they have many locations where you can transfer to whenever an opening shows and that is good to have in case you want to change of environment
Great pay, great benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 3, 2017
Great pay and benefits for entry level, low turn over rate. Fun work atmosphere. Many opportunities to learn new tasks and gain experience in different departments.
Pros
pay is good for entry level and great benefits for part-time and full-time
Cons
Variable schedule and days off.
Assistant to Front End
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PA 19454July 2, 2017
The typical day at work would include assisting the cashier load and unload merchandise to help them count and scan all items that the customers are purchasing.

I would assist with item pricing and fixing the shelves to down
stock and fill in the empty slots.
Pros
Excellent Company, Employees, and scheduling
Cons
Temporary Seasonal Position does not gaurentee being hired permanantly
Rewarding Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 2, 2017
This is a rewarding company with competitive pay and good benefits. Costco treats their employees with respect and offers paid holidays, sick time, and vacation.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
n/a
Place to advance? Look no further.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJuly 2, 2017
Fast-paced working environment, always something different to do so work never gets boring. Engaging with customers are always a plus if you enjoy it.
I love this job
Optical Department manager (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 2, 2017
This is an amazing company. The management from corporate level down truly cares about the employees as well as the customers. You are expected to attain goals, but they are specific and usually achievable, and they give you the tools to meet them.
Pros
Good pay, healthcare, family/worklife balance
its like any retail store
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  OntarioJuly 1, 2017
costco is a really great work place to work part time if youre a student
as well it can be a really great full time job if you dont mind selling your soul
the management can be up and down but mostly on the rough side
what i did was really easy and freedom was key
Pros
freedom
Cons
managers
Excellent place to work overall
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 30, 2017
Great work environment, however inexperienced assistant general management led to poor overall shop morale. Which is really a training system flaw, 3 assistant general managers rotate department responsibilities to learn the entire store; however they are pretty much given trial by fire and no preparation before rotation.
Pros
great cheap cafe, free membership
Cons
Essentially just a sub-par training system
Good place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJune 30, 2017
Great place to work. Learned much about merchandising. Gave me many opportunities to advance and allowed me to take an internship at corporate. Company takes care of families.
Great Benefits/Poor Management
Front-End Assistant (Current Employee) –  HawaiiJune 30, 2017
Communication and constant customer service is desirable and a must. Normally, they are tolerable with your school life. Most coworkers are great; management on the other hand is awful and play favorites. The benefits really separate Costco from every other retail store.
Pros
Benefits, Life Balance
poor management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAJune 30, 2017
Supervisor was very demanding, and constantly over your shoulder pressuring employees to move faster. Also, management made girls
which applied for cashiers, push heavy carts all throughout lot
Service Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 30, 2017
Costco is the best company that i have worked for. They know how to treat their employees. There is amazing benefits and very competitive pay. You will be trained properly and have plenty of people to help you out.
All Around Awesome
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2017
Can be fun
Promised Hours
Benefits and more
Starting salary is above minimum wage
High Demand for Customer Service
Hires with in
Room to Grow
Able to transfer to different stores & departments
Excellent Management
Pros
Multiple Departments to work, $300 a year in vision
Cons
No warehouse discounts
costo
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 29, 2017
I just started working at costco but its going well. my manger is nice, haven't had any problems with my co-workers. im overall satisified with the job
Pros
free samples
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2