Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,196 reviews matching the search
Excellent place to shop for groceries.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  3900 Dublin StreetDecember 28, 2015
My experience for working at Costco, Corp. was excellent and had great compensation benefits. My co-workers were fast-paced and more experienced.
Costco is the best
Front End Cashier, Stocking & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR Eugene, OR Beaverton, OR and Boise, IDOctober 16, 2015
Great company to work for. If your bored in one department then work in a different one! You have the ability to be cross trained everywhere, Opportunities to become a supervisor and manager that all hire within. I have worked at 4 Costco's, they have all ran things differently but it's such a fun place to work and a great way to stay in shape!
Pros
Free Food, Great Holiday Parties, Can't beat the benefits
Cons
Hard on the body
Fast paced wholesale environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2016
Costco, is a good company to work for, it is possible to be promoted if your willing to relocate to another City or State. I've learned that politics determine your outcome in a position. The hardest part is not having a flexible work schedule, it would be nice to have weekends off at least every other week without requesting it two weeks in advance. The most enjoyable is the people you form friendships with.
Pros
Employee club ( an account you put money into, they save for a christmas party at the end of the year, once or twice a year they will have a safety BBQ .
Cons
Healthcare, retirement benefits
An excellent employer to work for
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2016
There is a unique quality in being a COSTCO employee. In addition to health benefits, progressive advance, and bonus opportunities, COSTCO seems to pride itself on an outstanding membership approval. This employer deters from the term of "customer", as it would imply a discouraging stigma associated with shopping at other stores. Being an employee meant being part of a family, metaphorically speaking. Very few jobs would present a sense of comfort that would make one think of a job as a career, like COSTCO has.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, excellent opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Heavying lifting
Good company with great benefits
Membership Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, COOctober 30, 2015
Fun place to work. You work very hard. Good compensation for Retail. I did not like punching a time clock. You can get written up if you are early or late by a couple of minutes. Good management and training.
Pros
Good pay for retail
Cons
Retail hours - never the same schedule week to week
Fun Place to work more, realistic sales goals for employees offfer more part time hours to employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 24, 2015
A typical work days consisted of preparing your food demo for the day. We stand for 6 hours with 1 30 minute and 1 fifteen minute break each shift.
The co workers are great
I mostly enjoyed working with Costco customers, as they came in and asked about the products.
The hardest part of the job is achieving the quota's set each day, as you had to DOUBLE the last person sales numbers
Pros
customer contact.
Cons
no benefits from CDS
A job hard to quit
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 1, 2015
I can honestly say that I loved working for Costco Wholesale and coming into work. I would show up 15 minutes early to make sure everything was put away and check in with my managers to see what my shift was going to entail and be like. I usually would do go-backs, then would report back to front end and stay on the register for the remainder of the shift, unless otherwise. I learned to be a forgivable and passionate person since working for a worldwide recognizable company you would to remain calm, collective and concentrated. I loved my workers dearly. Their vibrant and smiling faces is what made the job possible during the rush of members.
Pros
Health insurance, employee of the months, raises, family, and other amazing things
Cons
No cons
A great place to show your ability.
Front End Cashier, Gas Station Attendent (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CASeptember 9, 2016
I tend to deal with the public. So everyday at Costco is different but I am always up for a new challenge. Working at Costco can help you to be more of a people person an break out of that shell of being anti-social. We have a great management with a great employee staff that will always have your back like a family. The hardest part about the job is having to deal with a customer that already has a attitude then when you get them to calm down and at the end they apologize that's always a great thing.
Pros
we have bbq's for the employee's.
Cons
N/A
A great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2016
I liked the many different responsibilities I was given to do in addition to cashiering.
Cashiers and cashier assistants work well together as a team. An important duty of the cashier assistant is to help the cashier to be successful in checkout speed and accuracy.
Our general manager encouraged everyone to do their best, and to seek opportunities to continue to learn and grow.
I enjoyed working with the other cashiers.
The best part of the day was chatting with our members(customers).
Pros
fresh fruit available to employees in the break room, great pay, great benefits.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2015
Fast paced and active work environment. Great compensation and benefits. Opportunity for advancement and training in other departments. Friendly management and staff.
productive andproviding the best members service
cashier assistant/ cashier (Current Employee) –  lakewood californiaAugust 10, 2015
I love working at Costco it has fair treatment for employees. It has a open door policy where your can feel free to talk to any supervisor or manager at and time or place. The benefits are amazing for dental and health. Every 800 hours you get a raise and they match money to your 401K. Costco I s a great place to invest in our company stocks, it is at the top of the stock market as a growing investment. Costco keeps me busy the entire time and a fun work place.
Pros
401k and health and dental benefits
Cons
short breaks
Very good benefits but hard to advance
cake decorator, member greeter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 16, 2015
I was in Costco for about two years, and in those two years I worked in every department except for meat, lot, and membership. I was moved around many times it was difficult for me to advance in any way.
benefits
Cons
moved around too many times
Job sounds great on paper, but really isn't the best every day job
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTJune 14, 2016
The job’s starting pay is great and after 90 days you get great benefits like paid vacation and sick time as well as a 401K. The job is very redundant and not exciting. It was a great job while I was in college. The scheduling every week changes and it is hard to ever get the same days off every week so you can plan stuff with friends and family. You have to know a year advanced when you want to go on vacation or you won’t get the time off.
Pros
Pays well, looks good on your resume, benifits
Cons
redundant, older enviornment, no real chance to move around to different departments to change things up.
Best job a non-college graduate could have!
CASHIER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 13, 2015
Costco at the time was a great place to work. The same old good reviews about the place in that the benefits and the hourly pay is great. I say it is the best job/career that one can have without a college degree. I had an unfortunate experience in that I was terminated over something silly, and was encouraged to sue for wrongful termination, but the time and effort was not worth it to follow through. The good thing is that without the termination I would not have gone back to college and finish my education.
Pros
Pay, benefits, fun work environment
Cons
power tripping managers, but you'll find that in more places than just Costco
Fun Workplace
front end (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at Costco and working with a very diverse group of co-workers. It was a friendly environment that was also fun to work in a very fast paced environment. I enjoyed staying very busy at each and every shift.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Just another job
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2016
The Costco in Norfolk was interesting to say at best. I was not given many opportunity's to excel for advancement due to all positions being full or having other employees there with more years of experience. Management did not treat all employees equally and often played favorites with staff that were relatives with the supervisors. Ideas and recommendations where thrown out the window. The general manager was very unprofessional and often talked bad about his employees to other employees.
Pros
Free membership, 401K
Cons
Bad management
Fast-paced, great benefits
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 27, 2016
If you work mornings, no matter how organized you are, be prepared to work quickly, stress, and get everything stocked within 4 or 5 hours. Be ready to get to work at either 4 or 5 in the morning.Time will fly by; which is good and bad. Everyone around is generally good tempered, yet in the mornings everyone is stressed to get their work completed. Benefits are great no matter if you are part-time or full. Pay gradually increases over time. The more hours you work per week will impact your pay raises. Opportunities for advancement come often, more-so for evening positions.
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks, 1 unpaid 30 minute lunch. (8hr workday)
Cons
Much to do, little time to do it in.
Hopeful to Escape
Front End, RTV, Photo, Bakery, Member Services (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 28, 2015
]All I can say is two years with this warehouse and I do not recommend the company. Last ditch effort for anyone hoping to have a sub par chance at life. Looking for my next step now, as Im too young to get stuck.
Pros
Insurance benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, underpaid, rude unhelpful management, surrounded by hopeless individuals
An efficient company to work for.
Team Member/Meat and Poultry (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for Costco and wouldn't mind working for them again. Each day was I worked I was kept busy and the environment my managers and coworkers provided was nothing short of enjoyable. I learned how to manage my time better and also how to work smarter and not harder. The most difficult part of the job was adjusting weekly to a different schedule, but nevertheless it was amazing.
Pros
Great benefits, enjoyable work environment and a good sense of community.
Cons
Rarely had a consistent family.
A great company to work for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2015
Costco was and is an extraordinary place to work for the compensation package is grade A its hard work but good work
i think perhaps with a bit more focus on training in leadership development this company will indeed be unstoppable in the global market
Pros
awesome compensation
Cons
needs more ledership development

4.2