Costco Wholesale
1,506 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employer Reviews

Productive, fun and fast paced work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Industry, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, excellent hours, always busy.
Cons: some teammates were not as helpful, short lunches.
Enjoyed working for this company for the 12 yrs that I was there. The management as well as my teammates made it a pleasure for me to look forward to everyday. I enjoyed my job and took pride in my responsiblities as an employee for this company.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJanuary 15, 2015
It was fun but don't know what else to say. I wish I could still work there but they had no opens after the holiday's. I was excited to work here after the season ended.
Productive and they value their employees
Phone Agent (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 2 paid 15 minute breaks
Costco was a great place to work for. They treat they're employees so great and really value them it was a fun environment
Fast paced work environment
Food Court (Current Employee), ArizonaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay for the work. flexible scheduling
Cons: poor communication
Costco is a fast paced work environment. They pay very well for the type of work required, however they do expect a lot from employees. For the most part the managers are nice and accommodating, however the interdepartmental communication is almost nonexistent. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of communication. supervisors and/or managers will sometimes give conflicting orders and tasks.
Cashier's Assistant/Bakery (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day consisted of:
• Packing customers baskets
• Assisting with any needs in customer service
• Preparing baked goods for sale
• Packing, labeling, and arranging baked goods Closing the store
• Merchandising
• Folding Clothes
• Baling trash/cardboard/plastic
• Returns
• Attending to customer’s needs
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2015
LOVED IT THE WHOLE TIME I WORKED THERE. GREAT BENEFITS TOO. WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE LOOKING
Great Working Enviroment
Front End Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working there for the time i was short time i was there. Funny and Cool managers and co workers. Basically got along with everyone. Great crowd that comes in as well. (Members)
Productive Work place and nice team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Richmond, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: sunday is time and a half, great pay, fun environment
Working for Costco has been great, fun work environments, great pay and benefits. Great opportunities to grow within the company.
great diversity of customers
food demonstrator (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 14, 2015
great place to work & greet customers

Typical work day is preparing & cooking food demonstrations for thousands of customers. great co-workers.
hardest part of job is alergy alerts/signs & keeping children from grabbing samples without permission from their parents

enjoyable part of job is being complimented on how the food tastes
Merchandiser/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Thornton, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits, employee treatment, vacation
Cons: working weekends
Drove forklift putting away product everyday
I had great management they all knew every employees by their first names
I learned customer service skills
The hardest part about the job was getting up at 330 in the morning
Amazing Company
Sales (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 13, 2015
This company is always so energetic and everyone is always willing to help you with whatever you need. I love working and being at costco. The hardest part was probably running around the store alot but i was not in shape at the time. Hahaa
Front end Associate
Front-end Customer Service Assistance (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
-Part time worker
-Limited hours
-Limited ability to advance
-Seasonal
Great, fun and very busy workplace
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Prep al the bread for the day. Cut and weigh everything. cook off all bread, pies, muffins, etc. Package everything then label it with the right price and date. Put them out on the floor. Working overnighters is the hardest part of the job. Making members happy is the best part.
Easy work/ Great pay!
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay, worked with good people
Cons: cleaning toilets for 8 hours, no manager for my department
I was a seasonal employee at Costco. I was hired last minute for seasonal positions and landed in the maintanence department. I cleaned toilets, swept floors, cleaned breakrooms/ offices, and took out trash. Management was always helpful. This job was very easy and lonely at times. My paychecks were the only thing I enjoyed about this job.
decent workplace
Merchandising Employee (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: not enough pay to support family
work keeps you busy but isnt exactly rewarding, advancement opportunities exist but take too long to achieve for the compensation.
Worked as a service deli employee.
Service Deli Employee (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 10, 2015
At Costco i worked in the service deli as the rotisserie operator. I learned how to prepare customers orders and to keep track and reorganize produce on hand. I also learned how to work in a fast passed setting.
Great retail job.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: high pay, guaranteed hours, good to employees.
Cons: not as flexible sometimes due to the nature of the business.
Great for what it is. The company is fantastic and there are a lot of benefits. Pay is higher than any other place where you'd do the same thing. The management at my location was spotty. The best way to move up is to start at a brand new store. When you work at an established store you have to build seniority which can take years.
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free memberships, great benefits, exciting retail store
Cons: can be hectic, often in need of more personnel for proper coverage
Working at Costco has provided me with a lot of experience I can apply in any job. Customer service is very important and is what has given Costco much success. Providing customers with an all around good experience is key to being successful. Management at Costco strives to ensure everyone is working as a team to accomplish the mission which is to provide all around good member service. The most difficult part of my job has been working in merchandising due to the time constraints. The most enjoyable part of my job has been meeting so many different people and making people smile. There is a family atmosphere amongst coworkers. Everyone takes care of each other when needed.
Everyone was very nice and friendly, great work invirorment.
Deli Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I worked in the deli as a deli clerk. I answered phones, placed orders, made product for the department, put away product when it came in. I would be there early to set up and make sure everything was ready to go when it was time for Costco to open.
Helped me overcome some fears, and furthered me skills in customer service
Night merchandiser/Stocker (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good starting pay
Cons: takes a long time to get raises.
I have learned to work under stress while helping customers find what they need. Also, I have learned leadership skills with merchandising with a team, helping delegate duties to get done for deadlines that need to be made.

Its hard working with public sometimes when the majority of the customers you work with cannot speak proper English. But that challenge has helped me overcome some fears and diversity while with working in the public.

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos