Cott Systems, an industry icon and innovator in public records management for over 120 years, is a leader today in technology solutions and services for recording, imaging, and searching land and court records across 19 states. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Cott specializes in understanding and responding to local government information management needs by building a partnership with their customers and the public that they serve. But, first and foremost, Cott is all about people – people who care about this business and their customers' success - people ready to help solve issues and implement programs that help their customers' operations.
We are currently seeking an accountable, self-motivated, energetic and driven professional for a Software Quality Assurance Supervisor position within our Technology Team. This new position will report to the Vice President, Technology Solutions. Primary duties for this position are:
The Software Quality Assurance Supervisor manages the Quality Assurance and product testing functions within our organization. Defines Quality Assurance business processes using best practices. Identifies and implements testing programs, procedures and tools for effective software defect tracking. Plans and implements automated testing and code reviews. Researches and implements improved testing methods, processes, tools, and test systems. Ensures that products meet defined key performance indicators (KPI’s). Keeps management informed of schedules, priorities, and problems. Communicates with product developers and technical support specialists on product issues. Compiles user-friendly documentation.
Specific responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Perform complex testing of products.
- Define test objectives. Determine what needs to be tested based on the changes made during the project. Write test cases to accomplish testing objectives.
- Partner with Cott resources to solve all software performance issues during development & testing phases.
- Define, implement and maintain Quality Assurance business processes and procedures.
- Administer testing tools and applications for automating testing programs.
- Research and implement new and improved testing methods, processes, tools and tests systems.
- Research and develop an understanding of the market requirements for the product, including how the product is actually used and what its performance requirements are; considering user acceptance plans.
- Provide regular reports on KPIs’ defined by management; include defining clear action plans for addressing problems.
- Update QA process documentation, communicate to stakeholders and hold regular QA meetings to ensure stakeholders remains knowledgeable about procedures, schedules, and KPI’s.
- Interact with project sponsors, stakeholders and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met; participate in the post-launch analysis to ensure that product requirements are fulfilled.
- Manage the existing Sr QA specialist and QA projects. Assign and monitor work, train staff, ensure quality control, provide advice on technical matters, recruit and interview candidates as needed, conduct performance reviews, and handle a variety of other employee related issues.
- Complete and submit all administrative reports on time such as expense reports, project status reports and project plans.
- Follow through on commitments as well as respond timely to co-workers and management.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of testing solutions, and maintain an updated skill set in order to deliver quality Cott products and services.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned by manager (Special Projects, etc.).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. College Degree, ideally in computer science. Typically requires five to seven years of experience in product testing or development.
2. Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Developers/Management.
3. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Must be able to work independently, take initiative and have the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
4. Excellent testing skills, with knowledge of test planning, scheduling, processes and execution.
5. Strong experience testing Client Services, Web and Imaging applications developed in .Net, VB6, Silverlight, and Java.
6. Good understanding of Team Foundation.
7. Some experience supervising employees, leading teams, and providing daily direction.
8. Understanding of best practices for Quality Assurance business processes and metric management.
9. Strong experience with various testing tools / applications (i.e. Ranorex, Selinium, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager).
10. Travel is not considered a routine component of this position. However, based on the business needs of the company, travel to client sites may be required on occasion.
11. Excellent work history and attendance record.
Our team members enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Life & ADD Insurance, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, PTO, Medical and Child Care Flexible Reimbursement Spending Accounts, Training/Tuition Reimbursement Program, and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
TO ALL CANDIDATES:
If you are interested in this position and meet the job requirements, please submit your salary requirements and resume (2 pages max) in Word or PDF format. Please reference position of interest in subject line of email.
NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE.
COTT SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER