Cottage Hospital Employee Reviews

Had learned a lot over the years from staff
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 2, 2017
The day has a set time to refill and deliver medicine. I loved learning new things to do, it was exciting for me. I enjoyed the staff, they we all very helpful. The most hardest part was to begin learning about all the new drugs I never heard of. So I found it quit interesting. I really loved my job there! They are now down sizing and I need full time work.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
short breaks, worked during lunch break
No integrity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHFebruary 3, 2017
It's like mean girls in live action. Patients don't matter, only $$$. If you question them you are now a target. Don't trust the fake smile, evil women
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Everything else
Great staff and place to work
3 RN for over 2 yrs (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 27, 2017
I work evening from 7pm -7:30am. I have learned so much on this med-surg floor. We are as essentially a step down unit, we are the renal, pulmonary and infectious disease floor. RN to pt ration is 1:5. I have experience being charge nurse, resource and a floor nurse. My manager is very nice and approachable. Cottage hospital has lots of room for growth and treat employees very well. Best thing about my unit is the people I work with. We all help each other out and get along well. Hardest part of the job is that sometimes due to our patient population sometimes our patients are high acuity. Some assignments you can have multiple active detoxing patients, psych patients, or patients who not oriented for various reasons. That being said we get a lot of CF patients and get to form a real connection with them which is nice. Overall Cottage and my floor are wonderful places to work.
Pros
Great staff, room to grow, utilization of many RN skills on my unit
Cons
this is an expensive are to live in
small hospital with supportive staff
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJuly 29, 2015
Cottage Hospital has been a wonderful place to work. As a critical access hospital, we see a variety of patients who live locally for inpatient and outpatient services. It has been a rewarding experience to work here.
Busy Critical Access Laboratory
Laboratory Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJune 22, 2015
The hospital has a bustling emergency department and equally busy outpatient draw station. Add in a substantial outreach program and we have a steady workflow in an extremely Lean facility. Budgets have to be closely monitored.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
managing a large workflow with a small staff
Very good place to work, family atmosphere
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJuly 13, 2014
Cottage Hospital is a small rural hospital. They run a very organized hospital, are patient-oriented.

It is a privilege being associated with the organization.
Cottage Hospital was a great workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodsville, NHAugust 5, 2013
This facility had great insurance benefits, offer further education funds, overall a good facility to work for.
Pros
health insurance
rural hospital, close care
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodsville, NHMarch 6, 2013
day to day work conducting a imaging services department, generally easy going staff and accommodating to personal needs.
Pros
reduced charges for service provided by their facility
Cons
small hospital, no real general advancement opportunities
Very family oriented, great people to work with.
Quality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHFebruary 27, 2013
Great place to work, the people you work with are great, you meet many different people from the community and working relationships. A typical day is not so typical. Very unpredictable for this job which is what is exciting about it.
Fast paced.
Outpatient Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJanuary 19, 2013
I don't mind working hard but in my job accuracy should come first.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
nit picky about small things
Friendly Busy work place
Medical Surgical Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Woodsville, NHJuly 15, 2012
a typical day at Cottage is a busy one. there is always something to do. If not in your department in another.
I have learned alot here. in a company that cross trains you in multiple departments you have to know a lot. Th e cross training mixes it up so you are not working a stagnant desk job. The hardest part of the job is that you never get to the end of your work list. you leave your work day with a sense of projects unfinished. I personally have a n issue with this. I like arriving the next work day with a clean slate. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients. I love them! You get to know them and they know you and you build a repore with them.
Pros
community sense, staff is friendly
Cons
breaks are hard to cove sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cottage Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cottage Hospital Reviews by Location