Cottage Hospital

Cottage Hospital Employer Reviews

Fun, versatile work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), Galesburg, ILAugust 26, 2014
Check in patients, schedule appointments, answer phone calls, take messages, file and manage medical records, take payments, verify insurance elgibility and work with the general public.
Very good place to work, family atmosphere
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Woodsville, NHJuly 13, 2014
Cottage Hospital is a small rural hospital. They run a very organized hospital, are patient-oriented.

It is a privilege being associated with the organization.
Staff RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CANovember 7, 2013
Worked in an amazing city at a great hospital. Learned a lot as a telemetry nurse at Cottage.
Coworkers good, management bad
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: management, commute
Management has two main attitudes: If you are not on my level or above, you do not exist, and I am in charge and I can do WHATEVER I want - be it unethical, unlawful, or just plain mean.
There is no training and little documentation. Industry best practices are ignored - they would rather do it their way.
Avoid this company unless you can ignore your – more... common sense, go along to get along, and do things their way. – less
Nice place to work.
Cook (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILOctober 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: schedule can change.
Great co-workers. Management unstable at times. The hardest part of the job is the constant diet changes of the patients.
A really nice hospital to work at and definitely room to grow
Food Service Representative (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: very nice facility
Cons: commute
This is a really nice hospital to work for. The facility is beautiful and nice and the majority of the staff is very nice and professional. They really know how to care for their patients here, and management really knows how to take care of their employees. I enjoyed communicating with the patients and letting them know that they are our top priority. – more... It's a hospital so you never really know what to expect usually around certain times of the year we had more patients, other times we had less there was always something to do whether it was to stock the pantry, collect patients trays, distribute menus, take orders, clean up, or orientate new patients. – less
Never a dull moment.
Radiologic technologist (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Performed diagnostic x-rays on ER, in and out patients. I had to adhere to all radiation protection practices. There was also clerical duties that had to be performed, filing, answering phones, checking in patients, charging exams, and scheduling exams. I also performed non-enhanced CT scans of the head and abd/pelvis.
Cottage Hospital was a great workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Woodsville, NHAugust 5, 2013
Pros: health insurance
This facility had great insurance benefits, offer further education funds, overall a good facility to work for.
working with the latest technology
Extern - Radiology (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CaJune 19, 2013
Extern – Radiology: Observed, assisted/ and took outpatient, inpatient and emergency room radiographs. Observed and assisted/performed the radiologist with fluoroscopy procedures. Performed portable radiographs.
Very friendly staff and wonderful doctors
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Medical Arts ClinicApril 3, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: never enough hours in the day
We worked as a team for the excellent Patient care values we believed.
rural hospital, close care
Staff Technologist (Former Employee), Woodsville, NHMarch 6, 2013
Pros: reduced charges for service provided by their facility
Cons: small hospital, no real general advancement opportunities
day to day work conducting a imaging services department, generally easy going staff and accommodating to personal needs.
Very family oriented, great people to work with.
Quality Assistant (Current Employee), Woodsville, NHFebruary 27, 2013
Great place to work, the people you work with are great, you meet many different people from the community and working relationships. A typical day is not so typical. Very unpredictable for this job which is what is exciting about it.
Fast paced.
Outpatient Medical Coder (Current Employee), Woodsville, NHJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: nit picky about small things
I don't mind working hard but in my job accuracy should come first.
Awesome place to work- you feel as you aree part of a family- all staff included!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: we had pot luck or drug reps bring lunches on tuesdays- even the doctors enjoyed.
Cons: as with any job in galesburg right now not enough pay for the work required.
Every day was hetic- but we all pulled together as a team for a common goal the patient. Supervisors were understanding and worked close with you.
some wonderful and caring nurses.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Galesburg, ILSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: good nurses
Cons: patient load to high for good care and patient satisfaction
a very busy place to work, a wide variety of medical conditions on floor for great learning, good nusing staff and doctors, managment needs to spend more time on floor.
staff members generally a good group of people to work with
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILAugust 18, 2012
Pros: relatively close to work
Cons: poor management; harrassment by some management to some individuals
Management was issuing verbal and written warning to staff members, ith little credibility. I was feeling that staff members had no job security whatsoever. If someone in management had it in for you, they would find a way to fire you.
great place to work
Pathology Volunteer (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAAugust 17, 2012
ability to work independantly, volunteers respected for working at hospital.
Friendly Busy work place
Medical Surgical Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Woodsville, NHJuly 15, 2012
Pros: community sense, staff is friendly
Cons: breaks are hard to cove sometimes
a typical day at Cottage is a busy one. there is always something to do. If not in your department in another.
I have learned alot here. in a company that cross trains you in multiple departments you have to know a lot. Th e cross training mixes it up so you are not working a stagnant desk job. The hardest part of the job is that you never get to the – more... end of your work list. you leave your work day with a sense of projects unfinished. I personally have a n issue with this. I like arriving the next work day with a clean slate. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients. I love them! You get to know them and they know you and you build a repore with them. – less
A lovely community and the locals were interested in the health facility.They made my stay comfotable
Medical Officer (Former Employee), Erema,ONELGA,Port Harcourt,Rivers State,NigeriaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good working relationship with the host community
Cons: lacked some medical equipments
Daily ward rounds and outpatients clinic.Elective surgeries on Tuesdays.

To be a successful physician you have to be a team player

Management was very supportive

Good co- workers,their support was outstanding

Not being able to care for some patients who needed specialised care

Myself and my senior colleague had a good working relationship
great learning place
Junior Assistant Pharmacist (Former Employee), Enugu , NigeriaApril 23, 2013
the hardest part of the job was communicating with non english speaking local residents . it was quite challenging but highly valued experience.

About Cottage Hospital

Cottage Health System, formed in 1996 as the not-for-profit parent organization of Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (including Cottage – Read more