CottageCare Employee Reviews

Exhaustive
house cleaner (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXOctober 4, 2016
Great staff. Good place if u like other people's dirt. It gets very old very fast. Wear and tear on your own vehicle. End of a work day extremely exhausted.
Pros
Management is very nice .
Cons
Too fast pace
This job was perfect for me and the staff was GREAT!
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 25, 2016
Cleaning new customers homes as well as many repeat customers using. I learned a lot about customer service; which turned into repeat customers. My manager was always trying to make things work and usually did. I have a hectic schedule but that didn't stop her from scheduling me when I was available to work. I came into a good team with some of the cleaners being with the company for a few years or more. I really enjoyed the feedback I received from my Manager after she inspected the home I did. The customers would sometimes call and brag on me too; I liked that!
Pros
Mileage paid, Breaks as needed, Holidays off, Scheduling
Cons
Not all homes were easy to clean
Flexible Hours, Great Crew and Manager
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 26, 2016
I worked here 5 1/2 yrs as a crew member/cleaner. Arrived by 8:30a.m view schld for the day load equipment, to arrive at the house on time.Clean the house head back to shop and prep equip. for the next day. How to clean a home in a time efficient manner, customer relations. Manager would work around my schedule when needed. Hardest part of job, for me it was dusting. Part time work, home before traffic, no nights or weekends. Off major holidays.
Pros
Home before rush hour., Exercise daily. Accomplishment of a Job Well Done
Cons
Traffic, Sometimes customers not home
Wonderful company to work for and great crew to work with!
Crew (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 25, 2016
I have worked as a crew member for almost 2 years now and I love my job! I especially like that fact that owners try to come to our office once a year to meet everyone and show their appreciation to us. CottageCare is a very family oriented and well ran housecleaning company. The pay and bonus are wonderful. I have alway felt very appreciated by my manager and have made some life long friendships with other crew members. If you have an interest in joining our CottageCare family I say GO FOR IT!
Pros
Great pay and bonus
Cons
A very family oriented company
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 30, 2016
Love working for Natasha at Cottage Care in Westerville, OH. I have worked for several cleaning companies and Cottage Care is by far the best. I have never been happier!
Pros
good starting pay, understanding office staff, relaxed and friendly work environment.
pay the bills
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 27, 2016
Have to be ready to clean about 4 houses a day its OK to work just be ready.you do not work with a team at all. It is a bog challenge
Pros
good pay
Cons
npt professional
Very proud to work for cottage care.
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 14, 2016
This November will be my second year with cottage care I am super thankful to work for such a positive boss and of course the company. I've always been big on cleanliness , And I love being the best part of someone else's day . Cottage care is definitely worth calling , that goes for employees and customers.
Pros
Being the best part of someone else's day.
Cons
Health care
Cleaning people's houses
It is almost like a housekeeping job (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 25, 2016
I usually bring the cleaning supplies in my car and go to people's homes and cleaning in their house on their request then go to next one to do the same thing then back to the shop to return the equipments. It was very hard for me to work there while I m in school I will never know when I will be done by the time my class about to start so it was bad balance it out with hours and college so I had to quit, but they are very friendly people to work with.
Pros
good people
Cons
Productive and flexible place to work
Cleaner/Office Assistent (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Hours per week are not consistent. Some weeks you will have a lot of hours and others you may not. However, if you are looking for a temp job Cottage Care is a great place. It is very family friendly and college student friendly place.
Fast pace, Physically Demanding, with decent pay.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJuly 11, 2014
Overall CottageCare is great place to work at. CottageCare offers a above average pay for new employees however it is difficult to earn pay raises once you've met there HIGH performance requirements. Management takes good care of their employees and expect allot from there crew members in return. If your the type of person who needs little supervision, enjoy cleaning houses and doesn't mind getting sweaty. This job is for you.
Pros
Good Pay and Good Management
Cons
One must meet time in house standards consinstenly for X amount of time before moving up in pay.
Great place to work and shop
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Sales was always on top. Great staff and customers. Very convenient. Understanding managers. Also a great place to shop.
fun working place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOJuly 30, 2015
I've learned a lot of new things, I'm better on the computer and I can manage people better. I've learned a lot of patience with this job. I love teaching my co-workers new things and new ways to do things. The thing I loved most about the job was meeting new people and dealing with new customers and seeing them smile and happy with the work I've done. What I dislike about the job is the fact that they lied to me about my benefits and raise that I was told I would I get it in the first 3 months. Now I'm being told that I wont get it. I don't like being lied to.
It is a very enjoyable nd family friendly workplace
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 27, 2016
This is a very special place of employment . The owners nd manager become family! The work is hard but at the end of the day you feel verly accomplished!
Good employees
Assistant Manager/house cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2016
Excellent work experience. Would have been better if someone was local to help when assistance was needed. The previous manager had health issues that caused her to take retirement. Before having to her health issues reflected on the business. I had a lot of slack to pick up and with not a lot of experience at times it was a challenge. The challenge was welcomed. I prefer to be busy.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Only assistance when needed is over the phone or computer.
Wonderful place to work, amazing boss and awesome co-workers
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be getting there 15 minutes early to get all of my equipment together to go to customers house, leaving the office going to houses, cleaning any and all of the house that the customer has requested, collecting supplies, leave customers house to go back to office to end the work day.
I have learned that if i do the best that i know i can it pays off because now i have regular customers that request for me to come clean their houses.
The management at cottage care is amazing. She does all that she can to make sure our days go very smooth
The hardest part of the job would be if there are animals their because sometimes they like to play and get in the way which is not to big of a deal.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be making the clients happy and knowing that i did what i had to do
You get to meet new people every day!
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2013
A typical day at work would be calling the boss every morning to see if we were on the schedule and if we were, we would go into the office and collect our cleaning supplies and the information for the clients home and where they lived.
I learned a lot of cleaning things that I never knew before and got a great experience out of it! The hardest part of the job was probably the detail that you had to put into every cleaning job to make the customer happy! But it was worth it in the end :) The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people everyday and have the opportunity to clean their homes because sometimes the clients would just have no time to do it themselves due to their work schedule.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no benefits
Great management
Housecleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 26, 2015
Housecleaning is hard physical work, but Cottage Care is a good company to work for. The Management was supportive and helpful.
Small offices, family like atmosphere
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 28, 2013
This was a good place to work, excellent room to grow, great paid training, raises often, solo work
Pros
easy to advance
Cons
wear and tear on your personal vehicle
Great Job, Tough Duties
Cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  GANovember 7, 2014
Cottage Care is very upfront about the job requirements. It requires you to work in a quick timely manner while completing the job in absolution. You are not expected to be perfect at the job but always improving with each home you clean. Overall the manager is understanding and the job can pay well as long as business is well. My only negative thing about Cottage Care is there isn't a high compensation on the gas from house to house.
Pros
manager, tips, regular customers
Cons
gas compensation, picky customers
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2012
I loved working for this comany until I realized there is no where to go from here. You can only make somuch an hour and you don't get benefits.You can't grow with this company. My co- workers for the most part are amazing I got along well with the one's I saw daily. My manager was a good manager but does'nt stick up for her employee
s very well and let's things happen that shouldn't happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CottageCare. Our community is ready to answer.

75%