CottageCare Employee Reviews

A great place to work!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2015
A wonderful community of franchise owner's and the franchisor offers excellent support to its owners. They offer excellent customer service.
great place for your loved one
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 20, 2015
this place is fantastic wonderful and grand,

I worked there for 4 years,, the owner provider is a wonderful lady. helpful kindhearted person!

she will work around any difficulties there and get right down to the problem and will illuminate anyone or anything that is causing a bad vibe at this care home.

I would put my family member here even my worse enemy.. for everyone no matter wo,... deserves grand care and this place is it !!!!!!!

meals are really good. home made meals.. great handling of meds and care. skilled caregivers and 24 hours of care. 2 caregivers on duty 24/7

hardest part... when it snowed.. but wait, this owner operater, will come pick you up and even take you home if weather is hard for you to come to work, now isn't that fantastic?!

co workers were good. everyone tries to work together. if there is a problem, the boss will check into it and all will solve it. that's so wonderful to now you don't have to worry about something like that.

you can learn a lot here, some new, some old, some different, but its all grand and great and the experience is grand for your future if you move on to higher learning and skills.
Pros
all is good
Cons
none as I know
Hard working people with a lot of energy.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 11, 2015
I loved working there. The company was very loyal to its employees and I miss the company. The hours worked well for me and I had weekends off. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was happy. The cleaning was not for everyone.
exemployee
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2015
they promise the world and deliver nothing. my pay check were always short. when you ask to review the paper work that you have to submit at the end of each day they tell you that it is already filed and cannot be viewed. You waist a lot of gas for little pay.
Reliable cleaning services
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Cottage Care can be great place to work, other than when your service is great than the customer's want to get out of contract with Cottage Care only to hire you themselves.
Pros
Works alone, traveling in own trasportation to and from
Cons
Set up for great workers, whom are subject to be asked to work on the side
fun working place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOJuly 30, 2015
I've learned a lot of new things, I'm better on the computer and I can manage people better. I've learned a lot of patience with this job. I love teaching my co-workers new things and new ways to do things. The thing I loved most about the job was meeting new people and dealing with new customers and seeing them smile and happy with the work I've done. What I dislike about the job is the fact that they lied to me about my benefits and raise that I was told I would I get it in the first 3 months. Now I'm being told that I wont get it. I don't like being lied to.
Great place to earn extra money unless your serious about paying bills
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2015
I absolutely love this job! The customers are wonderful and inspiring. This is the first place I've worked where everyone at work gets along and works well together even though we all come from different back rounds and are on different life paths.

Unfortunately, the set up of the work day is extremely dysfunctional. You only get paid hourly when your in the houses cleaning. You do get paid an amount for the mileage you drive in your own vehicle, but its really not enough to cut it. Some days you might drive 50 miles to only work a 4 hour day. You are also required to maintain your equipment for no pay, attend employee meetings for no pay, and any time you spend in the office is free on the company. You are not allowed to make stops between houses for food or gas or any kind of break even though you only get paid the mileage when your not in the houses. Also, there are no benefits.

I work 5 days a week at this job and average about 26 hours a week, I put tons of miles and wear and tear on my car and cant even afford an oil change. Lots of days there aren't enough houses to employees, if you want extra hours, you can always take houses for other office locations but plan on driving a lot. The office I work for is supposed to clean houses in the Leawood/Overland Park/ Stateline Rd. area but sometimes for some for hours I have to drive to Lee's Summit, Raytown, Prairie Village, Olathe. I once even drove all the way to downtown Kansas City to clean for 2 hours! At least once a week I drive out to a house only find out when I get there that the customer cancelled the appointment.
  more... Then I will have to drive all the way across town to help a colleague for a couple of hours until its time for my next appointment. The lack of organization from management is irritating, especially when you get a bi-weekly check of around 50 hours.

This job is great for a housewife or student who is just trying to make some extra money but if your serious about paying your bills, this just is not for you!
Pros
Great co-workers, customers are friendly and generous. You get to see a lot of cool houses and meet everyone's pets!
Cons
Lack of hours and pay, no benifits, unorganized managment
Business development
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2015
Oversaw development and operations of initial business. Currently overseeing manager of business

Functioned as franchise owner and establishment of small business
Wonderful place to work, amazing boss and awesome co-workers
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be getting there 15 minutes early to get all of my equipment together to go to customers house, leaving the office going to houses, cleaning any and all of the house that the customer has requested, collecting supplies, leave customers house to go back to office to end the work day.
I have learned that if i do the best that i know i can it pays off because now i have regular customers that request for me to come clean their houses.
The management at cottage care is amazing. She does all that she can to make sure our days go very smooth
The hardest part of the job would be if there are animals their because sometimes they like to play and get in the way which is not to big of a deal.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be making the clients happy and knowing that i did what i had to do
fun place with nice customers
Cleaning maid (Current Employee) –  MOJanuary 20, 2015
a typical day at work is decent. its going to peoples houses and cleaning up there house. I earned how to detail clean. boss is fairly nice. coworkers are nice but they like to gossip a lot. hardest part of the job is not being able to get all the dirt and grime off something and you try really hard to but you cant and the customers complain about it. the most enjoyable part of the job is the money and the tips.
Pros
tips
Cons
not enough hours

Want to know more about CottageCare?

Ask a question
Fun place to work.
Domestic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 21, 2014
I never knew what I was getting each day it was a lot of driving.
Great Job, Tough Duties
Cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  GANovember 7, 2014
Cottage Care is very upfront about the job requirements. It requires you to work in a quick timely manner while completing the job in absolution. You are not expected to be perfect at the job but always improving with each home you clean. Overall the manager is understanding and the job can pay well as long as business is well. My only negative thing about Cottage Care is there isn't a high compensation on the gas from house to house.
Pros
manager, tips, regular customers
Cons
gas compensation, picky customers
Fast pace, Physically Demanding, with decent pay.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJuly 11, 2014
Overall CottageCare is great place to work at. CottageCare offers a above average pay for new employees however it is difficult to earn pay raises once you've met there HIGH performance requirements. Management takes good care of their employees and expect allot from there crew members in return. If your the type of person who needs little supervision, enjoy cleaning houses and doesn't mind getting sweaty. This job is for you.
Pros
good pay and good management
Cons
one must meet time in house standards consinstenly for x amount of time before moving up in pay.
Fun an enjoyable
Housekeeper/consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 3, 2014
Worked at your own pace, I did move in/move out cleaning on apartments in the west little rock area. Which consisted on cleaning of the kitchen, bathrooms, and mopping, vacuuming floors.
Pros
worked at ur pace
Cons
breaks on ur time
daily work
hopusekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJune 27, 2014
a typical day working there was going in getting briefed what your daily jobs were, getting supplies for the job loading your own personal car up and going to the appointed jobs. once there pulling the work sheet out read al information that the customer requested and proceed wit the job staring with bathrooms and or the bedrooms and working your way out . depending on what he scope (paper work) said follow exactly what they ordered.
Pros
good team work
Cons
health care not provided, no communication
very fun environment
house cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 13, 2014
At this job, I was able to showcase my above average cleaning skills. The fact that I could help people in their time of need is self satisfactory.
Pros
i clean quickly, but efficiently.
Cons
sometimes i had to drive too far.
Growing business with a lot of potential.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 5, 2014
I would arrive in the morning and ensure all paperwork was done for crewmembers for their day. I.E. Customers homes, addresses, directions and the specifics of cleaning the house. Once they had their supplies and everything they needed, I would send them on their way. I then called customers we were cleaning the next day to make sure they were expecting us and if anything had changed. I would follow up on cleans from the day before to ensure the customer was happy and see if there was anything we could have done even better. I would then go and inspect crewmembers at customers homes to make sure they were cleaning appropriately.
Very good place to be employed through!!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 15, 2014
I enjoy coming into work every day and being greeted by my boss. She always has coffee for her employees in the morning. I enjoy working with all of my current employers.
Pros
long lunch hours
Cons
random hours
Shaky
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Employees are shaky, not trustworthy. Manager was moody and unprofessional. Pay is not great.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
pay, employees, managers
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Windsor Heights, IADecember 19, 2013
I loved working with the public. Enjoyed my job and all my customers. Liked having dedicated customers.
Pros
met new people and enjoyed my customers.
Cons
no insurance, wear and tear on my vehicle, work was limited due to having more than enough employees.

4.2