CottageCare Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVDecember 3, 2017
Nice place to work. The boss was easy to talk to you. They worked with my college schedule. Offered fair pay and gas mileage, very nice co-workers also
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
hours are based on buisness demands
Great place to work. I wish I could go back.
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 30, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in, my boss and Coworkers were the best. I wish I didn't have to leave because I had planned on staying there forever. I would recommend anyone getting in there if they can! Great place to work!
Lack of compensation
Home and Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Walden, NYOctober 23, 2017
Under paid. Lots of wear n tare on you own vehicle. You as an employee are disposable to this company and that's all they care about. High turn over of employee's
Cons
Under paid, lots of miles on your personal vehicle
Good Luck!
House Cleaner/Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 18, 2017
Worked for Cottage Care for 8months at first it's good but after you spend a little time with the company you start to see the black n white. If you live at home with parents or don't have much responsibility this would work for you. If you do have responsibilities and family then not recommend at all. Feels like your in highschool sometimes very dramatized and don't get much help and if you do you'll get attitude with it. I personally wouldn't recommend anyone working here, the 8 months I worked there saw at least 10 people go. I definitely will not go back! It's part time and your lucky to get maybe 40hrs in 2 weeks. Not a job you can live comfortably with if not a student or living with parents! My opinion!
Great manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Some of the customers where rude. And the pay wasn't worth the work. No job security. No company car no benifit or insurance or any other perks the manager was extremely helpful 24-7 though.
Not a job I recommend
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2017
The best part was being of service to the customer. The worst part was the franchise owner. I wouldn't ever work for those people again. The wife was pretentious and condescending.
Family loving company
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 12, 2017
It really is a great place to work at... Manager is a loving... Caring boss.. She cares a lot about her employees and believes in her job. People that work there are great group of ladies also!
Pros
Pay..employees..positive environment
Cons
Sometimes the hours.
House Cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 11, 2017
I cleaned houses for the company Cottage Care, which was a pretty neat clean and productive company. I like the fact of cleaning and loved the way the company went about their cleaning rules. The only thing I could suggest be a bit better is the pay due to the fact its pretty hard work with most homes the hours spent should pay off in the end.
Pretty easy work. Not stressful at all.
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 23, 2017
Working at CottageCare has proven to be the absolute LEAST stressful job I've ever had. All you're doing is cleaning houses, and you learn as you go and you'll continue to learn as you work here. The other House Cleaners at CottageCare are all so friendly and try their best to make you feel as comfortable as possible if you're new. The manager is a little... rude, and seems to have to filter when speaking, but for the most part CottageCare is a great place to work.
Pros
Get out by noon most times, experienced Co- Workers give you tips on whatever house you're going to, EXTREMELY friendly co-workers, easy work
Cons
The manager is a little rude
Productive and Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 16, 2017
Excited to have had this ongoing opportunity with this company. Fast pace and welcoming. I had a great balance between work and real life. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Cleaning houses
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 13, 2017
Cottage care is very professional and very efficient. They use all natural cleaning products so it's safe for every home! The prices are great for the quality of work.
Great company
Home Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 12, 2017
Totally enjoyed the independence of home cleaning. You worked alone but were never alone. The management and staff here are awesome. It was a very pleasant experience.
Excellent employer for what they have to offer.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSJune 5, 2017
A typical company who a high turn over rate. I enjoy working for them and continued employment well past my actual financial needs. If a person is looking for excellent management and their financial needs aren't their primary concern it's an excellent place to work.
Pros
Excellent managment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Great Company!
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2017
Cottagecare was a great company to work for.I enjoyed the 8 years I worked there.I had to leave because my husbands job moved us out of state. The interaction with the staff and customers was one of the best parts of my job!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work with great people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for, hours were great, no nights and no weekends, wonderful staff. Very clear on job duties, time off when needed. If unsure about something, always there to help
Pros
Great work hours
Great group of Woman
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXApril 17, 2017
You will be part of an amazing group of women, they are extremely supportive and just plain and simply amazing. They will help you get started and will give you a reason to smile every day.
Great job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXApril 17, 2017
Great job I had found a job that I could spend more time with my son and she helps you whenever you need it and she will work with you it's a great job if u don't want a lot of hours and if you need pay check so I can have money to do things with family or ect. I really liked it here when I worked there I recommend this job. And we do an amazing cleaning
Not anything to be done for long term
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2017
If you're looking to just make 400-600$ a month for extra cash to assist with household bills, this is a great job. If you need something to be able to support yourself (with no working spouse/partner and children if you have any) this is not a job I would recommend. The initial compensation per hour is good, but 50% of your day is spent driving to and from houses to clean and you are not paid for that time. They do have per mile gas compensation but I never found that it actually paid for the gas used. 300$ was a good check for me for a two week check on an average basis.

Management was friendly and my coworkers were always great, but when it comes down to it I just couldn't pay my bills working for this company.
Pros
flexible hours, no weekends, holidays, or nights, friendly management, tips, paid breaks
Cons
poor pay, no benefits, no paid sick days, no real advancement opportunities
Worked alone
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2017
I would go get my items needed for the day to clean houses, I would drive my own vehicle and make sure I had the correct address. I would then at the end of the day drop off payment to the oofice.
Pros
manged myself
Cons
The long drives to the homes
pay the bills
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 27, 2016
Have to be ready to clean about 4 houses a day its OK to work just be ready.you do not work with a team at all. It is a bog challenge
Pros
good pay
Cons
npt professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CottageCare. Our community is ready to answer.