Cotton Patch Cafe, Inc.

Cotton Patch Cafe, Inc. Employee Reviews

didn't enjoy any of it
Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 10, 2017
people i worked with were alright, had a few complain about the work most days. got annoying to be around. didn't really have fun working at this job
Pros
15% discount on a meal
Cons
5 minute breaks
I enjoyed my career at Cotton Patch.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Wonderful company to work for, great benefits and pay. I enjoyed all of my guest that I got to know and love over the thirteen years. Upper management is very supportive.
It want a good job
Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Well they was paying pretty low wen i started and they had wanted me to work wen my mom was sick and they was ruid to there workers and they had only care for certain people
Cotton Patch Cafe Review
Cotton Patch Cafe (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXDecember 21, 2016
The work environment is well. The training process is well processed & is understandable to those who have worked in the restaurant industry. To those who haven't that much of the opportunity is a bit harder for those to comprehend of the information. In all honesty its is good work place for a first time into the food industry.
Pros
you are allowed one to two hour breaks when & if you work a double shift
Cons
your not allowed to eat food, unless your on break or unless you ask one of the managers for permission
Fun.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 16, 2016
Cotton Patch is a family friendly company, with great staff and good food. The overall experience was exciting and I truly enjoyed my time as a waitress/hostess.
Production
Line cook/ grill cook (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I love working at cotton patch it is the best place I've ever worked at. The employees are all positive with a great attitude along with all of the management.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
There are none
Fun work environment with professional employees.
Server (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Typical day or shift lasted from 11 a.m to about 4 p.m. Served patrons in a timely manor, wrote down desired order, and handled payment. Learned how to greet and interact with customers, and up sell items. Management was always friendly and understanding about any type of situation whether it be a schedule change or a mess up at work. My coworkers made the job fun, working with them was great, they were always ready to help when need be, very professional also. The hardest Part of the job was being double sat. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and working with my coworkers.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
no healthcare
Eh
Wait Staff / Server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Not too sure what to say here that I haven't already said before. The resturant in Frisco was fun to work for and although I butted heads with some of the managers, I believe I developed some lasting relationships with my co-workers.
Cotton Patch was a great job but I was still in High School and I just graduated here recently but I needed so much time off.
Server (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXSeptember 22, 2016
A fast working environment, I learned to multi-task real quick. Management was pretty good they did have some lack of communication but other than that it was good. Co-workers some were better than others but we worked great together as a team. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is getting a big top and trying not to stress out. What I loved the most is that they were like a family and I never dread going to work.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
breaks differ everyday.
It's like having a piece of New York in the middle of Texas. I loved it!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 13, 2016
..........It was an excellent job to have during the school year and taught me a lot about time management skills. Going to school full time and working part time at my first job ever, was a little taxing and eventually took a toll on me. A typical day at work involved a lot of grumpy customers, large parties, gossipy co-workers, and food. Really good food that took up most of my paycheck. It's like having a piece of New York in the middle of Texas. I loved it!
Productive, friendly, fun, organized, and involved establishment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2016
As a server, I had an amazing experience at Cotton Patch. Although it was non-stop work, the social interaction with customers made the job worth wild and the hours were fair between all workers.
Pros
Reduced meals, individual tips, and teamwork experience
Cons
Short breaks, few complaints, and busy weekends
Fast paced work environment, flexible schedule
FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Temple Tx and Waco TxJune 6, 2016
I love working at Cotton Patch Café because I love being around and meeting new people. I enjoy making people happy. It is fun to mentor the younger servers and encourage and help them out. I have lots of regular customers that always ask for me and I look forward to serving them. I am able to have a flexible schedule so I could go to school but am trying to transition into the medical field and utilize the skills I have learned while going to college.
Good work for loyal employees
To-Go/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 3, 2016
Managers are friendly and personable. Drama is prevalent, but not as bad as other locations. Main issue is the customer base, mostly old people who either don't understand tips or want the restaurant to revolve around them.
Efficient and fast-paced with well-mannered staff
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXApril 23, 2016
The management is effective and understands the meaning of leadership and a wholesome work environment while maintaining a light-hearted atmosphere. The co-workers are hard working and friendly. The hardest part of a typical work day is the fast-paced action when it gets extremely busy. The most enjoyable part is interaction with fellow workers and clientele.
Pros
Discouts before and after shift.
Cons
Short breaks
Great fellow workers with more potential than most management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work was different depending on who was working that day. Certain days you had people who were trained right so the shift went smooth, then you had people who were not trained right due to management laziness. I learned to help new people when they needed it even though it was not my responsibility that is what i enjoyed about this job because i was doing the work of the entitled management crew. The hardest part of this job was trying to help other experienced cook push food out because we were all trying to help eachother with no proper system on how to.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short staff
server
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 30, 2016
so many old customers, i felt like i was in a retirement home sometimes, but some of them were really great, although they may talk your ears off and distract you from other customers, it's well worth it, sometimes you even learn a little history from them.
I did enjoy the coworkers, they were very nice. However I did have conflict with one, but it didn't get in the way of my job.
This was my first job as a server, and I would say that Cotton Patch is a good place to start off. They're patient, and have a good humor about everything. overall it's an easy job, the hardest parts is not being tired after a double shift, but who wouldn't be?
Pros
$4.99 off meals, great people.
Cons
only $4.99 off meals. lots of old customers
Productive and fun environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 29, 2016
Great place to meet people and build relationships. The staff was great and everyone go along: including the management. The customers were also great, and many repeat customers made the job especially appealing.
Pros
Meeting people and talking to them
Cons
Part-time so low pay
An amazing enviroment with great people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Everyday I looked forward to go to work with people who made work seem a little less like work. I enjoyed the amazing staff but most of all the people that I served. I loved the look on the persons face when I gave them great service and it was even better when they came back a different time asking the host if I was at work so that I could serve them!
Pros
half priced food
Cons
Small store
Do not work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 3, 2016
The management is terrible, disrespectful, and undervalues the work of their employees. They do little to nothing to help or benefit the employees if they personally do not receive any benefits themselves.

The GM of the Lubbock store is one of the most tasteless and disrespectful I have ever met or worked under.
Fun job with fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJanuary 27, 2016
There's a reason I stuck at Applebee's for three years! The staff at Saginaw's Applebee's are very fun loving people. The job is usually very enjoyable and their is opportunity to make good money and great tips. The only complaints would be that during my time at the business the management changed around constantly.
Pros
Fun, good tips, great coworkers
Cons
too many changes in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cotton Patch Cafe, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9