Cotton Patch Cafe, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Job
Hostess/To-Go Host (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Cotton Patch is a great job for highschool kids. Its easy to pick up and great for making tips and quick cash, management is understanding and customers are (usually) very nice.
Beneficial place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Easy to move up and a great place to learn more about how to strengthen your customer service skills. Great management and a staff that is good with teamwork.
I loved my job there.
Kitchen Manager/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 12 years. The reason i am not still there today is because the owner of my area came in and fired my GM for inappropriate behavior. One of the girls that worked there got mad at him and decided to ruin his life. I spoke up about their decision to let him go as we were running a gold mine there and that cause me to get black balled and lose my job as well.
Amazing Company to Work For
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TX and Longview, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with. Upper management is amazing and very evolved and they seek to train and advance anyone with a good attitude. One of the best companies I've ever worked for. I only left because my son was born with down syndrome and needed round the clock care. I would work for them again in a heartbeat. Truly a wonderful company that cares alot about their people.
Stressful and intense
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 5, 2018
It could just be that I am not at all cut out for waitressing, but you saw more rude or obstinate people than nice and the staff had a very 'every man for themselves' type of mentality. The managers were very nice and understanding.
Server (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Great place to work. Cotton Patch is a fast paced and team oriented environment. The nine steps of service truly help to creat an experience the customers enjoy and a help to ensure good tips.
bad managment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXNovember 2, 2017
terrible pay, they don't care about you. they over work you and there is no life balance. I have worked for the company for four years, three as a server and one as a manager and they only pay 12 hour with no hope of moving up in the company.
Pros
Free food
Cons
managment, hours, work life balance, pay
unorganized
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 28, 2017
this company is very unorthodox and treats its employees very much less than. the whole place is unorganized and could se a complete overhaul on management the team and the restaurant.
Do not work here!
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 27, 2017
My experience working here was a nightmare. The training program was lacking, managers played favorites and seemed like they didn't care about you at all, assistant manager is an awful bully, you pay for two shirts that you don't get to keep and I never got a discount on food. Some of the other servers were nice, but I always dreaded going to work.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun work place.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 24, 2017
Typical day at work included opening the store, making sure the food came out on time and with good quality. I would complete truck orders and ensure that food and labor costs were met.
Pros
1 week paid vacation
Cons
lots of hours
Was not able to get paid, due to not being able to clock on/off.
Dishwasher/Busser (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AROctober 19, 2017
I have been working there at Cotton Patch Cafe for over a month, yet, they have failed to make it to where I could clock on/off so I could get paid. The only pay that I have recieved are my very first paycheck, when I was working as a dishwasher, and my tips, as a Bus Boy (S.A.).
Pros
They say thank you when you bus their tables.
Cons
failed to give me a paycheck.
good
Host (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 18, 2017
Cotton Patch Café is the place to come for relaxing family dinners. the management is so good. the hardest part about this job is the shifts. the most enjoyable part is greeting families.
Pros
music
Cons
rude waiters
Great job to balance while continuing your education.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 6, 2017
Easy and fun place to work. The shifts are only 3-4 hours so it is nice that you can work half a day and still make pretty good money. I also enjoyed the regular customers.
Exceptional people with room for advancement
Cashier/Hostess/Server/Dishwasher/Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I have been with Cotton Patch for about 3.5 years and it has been my favorite job that I have ever had. The managers there are so caring and helpful. They work with me on my schedule and are understanding and flexible. I feel like family there!
Pros
Flexible schedules, great managers, room for advancement
Cons
Lots of side work
Cpc
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2017
This was a growth opportunity. I was thankful for the chance to learn about this company and how to handle multiple task. When busy was busy and when slow not really a lot to do but watch the time.
lack of communication
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKSeptember 20, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone work at cotton patch cafe the trainers we had to deal with were very disrespectful,one guy was singing inappropriately....
Pros
bathroom breaks
Cons
country music
Horrible place to work,
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I told them when they hired me I CAN NOT work before 4:30. They kept putting me to come in at 4 then threaten to fire me for not being able to make it in.
I have 4 kids I can't just leave them home alone until my husband gets home. My kids are babies my oldest 8 youngest is 1, so you see the problem. The two of the managers like to talk bad about people, Cotton Patch is the WORSE PLACE I have ever worked at.
The best job I've ever had!
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The environment is great and you are never bored! Your coworkers are friendly and will lend out their hand if you need a quick favor. Some co workers might even lead to friendships outside of the workplace. The managers are very cooperative and flexible with your hours. It was my first job and I'm proud to say that I have worked there. I would definitely recommend this job.
Pros
discounts, great workplace, friendly co-workers, understanding management
Cons
might have only a few hours starting out
my first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2017
I loved working at Cotton Patch it was typically slow in the location i was at but i made good money for it being my first real job. i learned everything i know now about serving from Cotton Patch and i have been serving now for almost 3 years. the managers there were so understanding of all of the problems we may have had and would help out whenever needed. the hardest part was closing the restaurant mostly because it took so long and there were so many things. what i liked the most was the people there from my coworkers to the guests we served.
Great Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 24, 2017
Its always a welcoming atmosphere when I get to work. The staff is so diverse and they all have great characters. The management is strict but they are great people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cotton Patch Cafe, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.