Cotton Patch Cafe

Cotton Patch Cafe Employee Reviews

Understaffed no advancement opportunities
server (Former Employee), grapevine on main st.March 31, 2015
Pros: Staff is outgoing
Cons: management
worked at new restaurant location in grapevine it was horrible. Management tends to take advantage of all the hard workers. No place for promotions or benefits at all. You can also tell that the head managers first GM position seeing how half the time he didn't even know what to do. He also goes off on everyone over small things and is extremely disrespectful with all his employees and in front of costumers. Sorry but this is definitely not a place to work at.
Fun experiment in a dead town.
Waiter (Former Employee), Corsicana, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: manager who personally showed me the in and outs of waiting. and, of course, discounted lunches.
Cons: constant negativity in the air due to small town drama.
Corsicana Cotton Patch held an everyday waitstaff position in an incredibly slow town. The job itself was average enough, it's just the monetary flow was insufficient to live off.
I was fortunate enough to have a manager immune to the detrimental effects take me under his wings.
Loved this job!
Server (Current Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 7, 2015
This job was great. My only concerns here were, I could not make enough money serving, it's kind of a slow location. Because I didn't make very much in one shift, I ended up having to work doubles all week to pay bills. Which left very little time for family.
Fun work place with great co-workers and management.
Waitress (Current Employee), Cleburne, TXOctober 26, 2014
Enjoy going into work.
I've learned great customer service.
Manager work with you and assist you with any questions or concerns.
Lots of nice co-workers that know what to do if there is a problem and do their job very well.
I wouldn't say there is a hard part of the job.
Most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles on customers faces as they leave after having great service.
Chaotic and uncoordinated
Server/Host (Former Employee), McKinney, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: chicken fried steak
Cons: slow times and bad location
A mad house. People are poorly trained and everyone is on a different page. The management would make you tip out a bus boy to wash dishes so that they did not have to pay a dishwasher, meanwhile we cleaned our own tables.
pass by job
Cook, Server (Former Employee), Watauga, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: decent tips
people are very typical and usually you see the same people you've been seeing there for ever and it hard to get good tips,
Enjoyed the atmospheres and people
Server Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Go in set up and then take care of customers or do schedule. Management and co- workers are great. The hardest part was learning some of the paper work as a manager. Working with the people
Productive and fun work environment with great relationships.
Corporate Server Trainer & Togo Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: half of shift meals, great people, and chances for advancement, you don't have to tip out.
Cons: dealing with customers, cut work depending on store.
This is an amazing company to work for. I learned how to handle money, talk to guests, proper sanitation when in a food environment. My co-workers were the best every shift there was some new game or competition we were making up to help us pass the time and work harder. We also built bonds with each other that extended outside of the work place. They were by far the best part of the job.
Fast pace
Host (Former Employee), Denison, TXMarch 11, 2014
Good people to be around but a fast pace environment. If you're looking for a flexible schedule, this is ideal.
Great work enviroment.
Server (Current Employee), WeatherfordFebruary 11, 2014
Employees are always upbeat and energetic. Food is AMAZING! Management is always looking for ways to make the business better, which in the end benefits employees and customers! This place taught me how to consolidate ten times better. The most enjoyable part would be job in general! I loved working with all sorts of people!
Fast paced, customer oriented work enviornment
Server (Current Employee), Watauga, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not a guaranteed salary.
Working in a restaurant has not only helped me be aware of how customer service is the main key to keeping a business running but also, I can now easily resolve problems through understanding what people want. Being in the service industry for over 2.5 years has shown me that you can get enjoyment out of other people being satisfied and happy. The one thing I love most about this job is the interactions and conversations with the customers. There are regulars that come in 3-4 days a week that you get to know as if they were family. In working here I have learned how to deal with unhappy and angry people in a caring and helpful way.
Really enjoyed my time there
Waitress (Former Employee), Watauga, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: distcounted food, fast pase
Cons: no benefits, not a career i can do for the rest of my life
Say hello to everyone, get ready for the shift, maintain my requirements for the job, an then do my checkout an leave.
Management was a HUGE turn over as well as staff. Most really care about the staff an keeping peace but don't get to personal.
The staff was fairly young for the most part an have never worked in the food industry before or a job, but everyone was pleasant and for the most part worked as a team.
The most enjoyable part about my job was the customers, i'm a huge people pleaser an absolutely love to talk to people an make sure they are happy with our encounter. My guest are what made me stay for so long.
Slow business
Waitress (Former Employee), Round Rock TXNovember 25, 2013
Waste of 6months. Working for $20 a day on a watress salary, not worth it.
fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Georgetown, TexasNovember 18, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: no healthcare, short or no breaks, not cooperative with availability.
Fast paced, multi-tasking.
I learned more about the community and people. How to use a p.o.s. system and do math in my head a little bit better. I loved the co workers I worked with, majority of us got along real well. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager and my availability. The most enjoyable part was being able to get along well with co workers and meeting and talking to new people and successfully serve the customers that came in.
Terrible
Server (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 1, 2013
Poor management, terrible sections regardless of how great you are as a server, not enough business to make tips, made $15-25 in tips on avg weekday, morning shift make the least amount but management wants the better servers to work morning shift. was not making minimum wage despite working 40+ hours each week, every week I was putting in overtime just to try to make even, WAY too much drama between all coworkers, low morale of coworkers, managers do not notice hard work and dedication, no rewards for your efforts
Got the job done
Server (Former Employee), Allen, TXJuly 27, 2013
Not extremely busy; however the staff was enjoyable and management made sure their employees were happy while making sure work got done.
Cash-Pining Corporation At Its Finest
Hostess/Service Assistant (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJune 16, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks, little to no benefits, management, no room for advancement, bias and favoritism, awful client base
Typically, I would go in for either a single or double shift. Single shifts lasted approx. 4-5 hours as a hostess. Double shifts lasted around 8-10 hours. The management was brusque, quick to judge, and not willing to help with most issues. I learned to manage my time and how to deal with situations that go awry, however I would not want to deal with the management again. They are inappropriate and unprofessional. They often invade personal space (emotionally) and judge you. The corporation cares more about making money than its actual employees. I have not known a single co-worker to enjoy their job the way they should be able to. My co-workers were (for the most part) determined to do well and free of drama. However, they were often terrorized by the management and led to quitting or the like. Even when working a 10 hour shift you could not eat a piece of bread without putting a coin into the cash register. They need to prioritize.
Fast paced, demanding, and intense Workplace.
Waiter/Host/Trainer (Former Employee), Corsicana, TXApril 23, 2013
I loved working for Cotton Patch. Having worked there for more than 2 years, I learned alot that I have been able to apply to different areas throughout my life.
Fast paced, Demanding, but Rewarding Work Place
Waiter/Host/Trainer (Former Employee), Corsicana, TXApril 23, 2013
Pros: effective team building strategies, great management, flexible scheduling, etc.
Cons: no benefits, physically demanding, etc.
Cotton Patch was by far the best resteraunt I have ever worked for. I made decent money, the customers were great, the management was effective, and the team were developed and strategic.
terrible management & terrible hours
Server (Former Employee), Henderson, TXFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: everything
this company will work you to death as a new person and let everyoen else do what they want, Employees smoke marijuana behind the building on their breaks within the fence. The management comes in talking about being hungover on only 3-4hrs of sleep. Not a good place to work.

Cotton Patch Cafe Salaries