Cottonwood Financial Employee Reviews in United States

A Great Place To Work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 2, 2016
Cottonwood pays well, promotes from within, and has little to no politics. They hire good people, and if you work hard and do your job, then you will be successful here. I have been here for over 5 years and my responsibilities have increased every year. My co-workers are great and another reason I like working here.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, and career advancement opportunities
Cons
Benefit costs
Manipulative and job security low
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2016
The company has no regard for employment satisfaction or tenure. If you make a single mistake you are at risk for losing your job with no warning or attempt to improve in the area that you made a mistake in. It did give me the opportunity to travel and gain invaluable experience but you go to work on a daily basis not knowing if you will have a job moving forward.
Pros
travel benefits, airline/hotel points
Cons
no job security, no constructive feedback to improve
Treated with trust and respect.
Senior Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving TXMay 26, 2015
Great Place to work, I would go back in a heart beat. I was always treated with trust and respect. It was a great opportunity while it lasted.
Pros
Work place, freedom to get the job done, freindly environment.
Cons
no cons just good things
Professional Work Environment
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasApril 20, 2015
CF is a very straightforward and professional company to work for. I enjoyed my job and was very grateful to work for such good people. The training was second to none as a real estate manager working for a national retailer. Although there were not many happy hours and interdepartmental mingling, I have very high regards for the team I worked closely with. Overall compensation was very competitive, and benefits were decent. The job required a ton of travel (4 days a week) which is really my only complaint...
Pros
Not micromanaged, good pay, professional work environment
Cons
Slow at times, repetitive travel
Worst IT Department ever!!!
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 15, 2015
If you like to be micromanaged and have your code scrutinized daily then this is the company for you. The turnover rate is extremely high, either you get fired or quit. Your time is logged in on your computer. The manager gets a daily report on your time-in and time-out. No respect for lunch breaks, family emergencies, etc. I wish someone had warned me. If you want to be miserable daily, then this company's IT department is just for you. Upper management will make you insane by constantly calling meetings to force you to meet ridiculous deadlines. Medical insurance is the worst ever. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
there is none.
Cons
poor management, micromanage environment, does not care about employees, medical is terrible, etc.
A laid back call center
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 29, 2014
A typical work day for me would be making outbound collection calls on pay day loans.
Pros
competitive pay, bonuses, company as a whole was great
Fun place to work with small departments make for cozy workplace
Remarketing Specialist/Skip Tracer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 4, 2014
My typical day consists of pulling reports, finding truant customers and collateral by using internet search tools. I have learned many different programs while employed here and expanded on some knowledge that I already had. I have learned how to use very complex systems like CashWise and AdvantEdge along with the broadening my knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. My direct manager is very diplomatic and an effective problem solver. He is spread very thin and could use an assistant since the department has almost doubled in size since I started with the Remarketing in 2010. My coworkers are enjoyable to work with and make for a fun work environment. We are a diverse group and work very hard to maintain a smooth running department. The hardest part of my job is finding and correcting mistakes others have made. Due to when the Skip team gets accounts, we are in a position to catch most of the mistakes made by other team members. This can be frustrating at times, but a necessary and important part of the job. I love what I do. I enjoy searching for answers, problem solving, finding what seems "unfindable". I like working closely with repo agents and coordinating efforts with all parties involved to secure the company's collateral.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun work environment, enjoyable work
Cons
bad insurance benefits
Don't count on job security
Management (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasNovember 30, 2014
Pay is O.K. Biggest beef is that company does not show loyalty to long term employees. They fire based on numbers VS performance.
Pros
can advance to upper management based on performance
Cons
too much micro management
Not a good company
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 27, 2014
Not a good company to work for. Dusty work environment and not a good overall place.
Good Pay/Terrible Benefits - Managed by fear
Ops (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2014
This company pays well, but has terrible benefits and a human resources department that thumbs its nose at employment law. The culture is wrought with old school sexism and is stiff and fun is absolutely not allowed. Employees are given autonomy, the management structure is lean, but unfortunately if you are female you probably will never get promoted into the boys club at the helm. Many of the middle managers are great, but their hands are tied by the CEO who is blatant in his disregard for the well-being of his employees. The salary/wages are very good so you have many people who stick around. Management style is create fear in all employees at all times. Everyone is always afraid they are going to be fired.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sexist environment, poor hr administration
Not too demanding, somewhere to get paid...not somewhere to grow
Collector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 9, 2014
You come in and you put on your headset then....you COLLECT COLLECT COLLECT! Nothing much else to the job besides that. It gets competitive with everyone trying to make sure they have their "dollars per hour", but otherwise you make a decent check for minimal work. Wouldn't plan on staying forever, because you get use to the job fast and they are fickle with employees. You could have this job for years and get fired suddenly. Or you could be here a short time and trying to maintain high results and they let you go cause you're at the bottom. All about numbers and quota, if you're not at the top...your job isn't secure.
Pros
hour lunch and good compensation for easy work
Cons
permanent schedule request changes take forever to be done
Excellent mngmt staff!!!
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2013
I have no complaints about this company at all. I was laid off after 10 months still not sure why, but the entire time I worked there it was wonderful!
Pros
management
Cons
working sundays
Good company
CALL CENTER COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2012
Small office environment. Was almost like a family. Not too bad a place to work. Good compensation.
work long hrs, work from home and on Sundays.On call 24/7
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxJuly 28, 2012
My boss was verbally abusive, she liked to brow beat others. The company overall was nice to work for, however RM in the Metroplex was expection all DM's to work 65 hrs 7 days a week.

I loves to work with my offices and each team member. It was very rewarding to develop each one to grow professionaly and personaly. Many of my employees have been promoted.
Pros
developing the teams
Cons
rm that runs the region like hitler
Great Pay but Terrible work culture and a no room for advancement
Annoymous (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 7, 2012
The corporate location is in Irving (Las Colinas) in a C rate building. They share the building with a few other tennants and are consistantly dealing with issues with maint issues with this building. The work culture is very strange and the environment is very sterile. The expectations are always changing so you are always trying to hit a moving target. Upper management here are consitantly trying to cover there tracks even at the expense of throwing there staff under the bus. On a positive note the pay is very competitive but the health benefits are less than par.
Pros
great pay, and you are not micromanaged
Cons
no room for advancement, no job security, and awful work culture