Cottonwood Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the people I worked with and I had great health/dental benefits
Kitchen Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTSeptember 25, 2015
I had a great experience working there. The management was easy to work with and took interest in helping me do the best job I could.
Pros
Gained good experience
Cons
They closed down!
A typical day at work would be hard to predict. You never know what you are walking into.
Psychiatric Technician I (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 6, 2015
During shift change things from the previous shift was discussed. All residents remain in their room until the end of shift change. When shift change ended residents were able to come out their rooms.
Always on the go
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Valley, UTAugust 5, 2015
While I was there I was the daycare teacher for the toddlers or the 1-2 year old children. I provided a safe environment along with following a set schedule. Provided a healthy balanced meal at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was always able to talk to my supervisor if I needed andthing.
Pros
Free daycare
Cons
only one break for and 10 hour shift
Productve ping pong tables good management good co-workers. hard part of job it was hot in the kitchen.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTJuly 17, 2015
Productive at work fun place to work ping pong tables management was good to work with. Co workers where good to get a long with. Hardest part of the job was it was hot in the kitchen. Enjoyable part of the job was being a father figure to the kids.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No breaks busy all the time I was there
Family orientation is great and getting to work with good kids and staff.
MHW/Recreation Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTJune 10, 2015
The company is closing it's doors if that says anything...This is not a good place to work for making a living. It is too stressful and employees are not compensated enough to deal with and put up with what they do.
Pros
Staff, Family orientation, good people.
Cons
Facility, high school mentality, drama, inconsistency.
productive, fun place to work
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 3, 2015
track and monitor the behavior of adolescent teens.
help them express themselves in a appropriate manner.
ensure a safe environment for the residents.
Extremely rewarding work
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2015
Working with adolescents with conduct disorder/mental illness. It is rewarding to be able to help change their lives. This is a residential facility so staffing is 24 hours.
Pros
Free meals, quality times with teenagers, multiple courtyards with basketball goals, learn about psychological disorders, free CPR training and certification
Cons
Closing in July
Great kids
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2014
Check in with the unit employees from the earlier shift to see how the residents were, who is doing well and who has been behavioral. Run group topic with the residence for the 2nd part of the day and what their goals are for a good shift and then spend all day keeping them safe from other residence and at times, themselves.
I learned that I enjoy working one-on-one with the residence and that I want to go back to school to get my Graduate degree so I can be their therapist.
Management doesn't help address unit concerns or help you if you need time off nor do the co-workers.
The hardest part is that the agency can cut your hours and pay whenever they need to without notification.
I enjoyed working with the residence and seeing them become better people.
Pros
great kids
Cons
bad staff
Very dangerous work environment with no structure.
Youth staff (Former Employee) –  South Salt LakeDecember 4, 2014
The program is not being implemented by the staff. The staff are not trained by the supervisor while doing shadow shifts. People are being injured in horrible ways. The staff are not focused on the youth and are violating policies. Its a very dangerous environment with no structure to follow. You will be injured and have to go to the emergency room. This program is not well executed and the staff are in danger every day. Please don't apply here they are always under staffed and will leave an entire unit for one person to run.
Pros
tuition reimbursement after 2 years, on site day care that comes out of your check.
Cons
you will restrain youth almost every day, other staff will violate policy, you will go to the emergency room.
Do not send your kids here....
Psych. tech (Former Employee) –  Salt lake city utJanuary 19, 2014
While I worked there I asked several employees if they would send their kids there. Not one person said they would.
The program does not work, many kids are there for well over a year and leave because they age out.
Please don't send your kids there, there are much better programs out there.

Want to know more about Cottonwood Treatment Center?

Ask a question
Very Supportive of staff
Staff Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2014
I learned alot about different psychological behaviors of adolecents, treatment, behavior modification. I enjoyed the pt's & my co-workers.
active work enviornment
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UtahDecember 10, 2013
Work as a Supervisor helping to keep the environment safe for all. Learned to multitask and keep in constant contact with upper management. Most of the co-workers are fun and interact well together. Sometimes the environment became somewhat chaotic. Best part was feeling like I was able to contribute to the residents well being.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Mental Health Worker
Supervisor-Sam (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2013
It was very interesting working with kids that were mentally changed. Always kept me on my toes due to company was a locked down facilty. There was alot of dicipline that needed to be enforced due to alot of their behavior.Assisting minors at all times.
The kids are amazing, plentiful hours and they fly by
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 2, 2013
If you enjoy working with teenagers and don't mind getting attacked every once in a while (spit on, licked, etc.) this is a great place. Typically you go in and work alone directly with a specific group of kids and you communicate with others on your team through radios. Don't expect a lot of feedback from management or co-workers. After your initial training, the atmosphere is one of "feeling things out", trying different things on your own to see what works and what doesn't. The best part of the job is getting to know the kids, learning from them and seeing them do well, one day at a time. Staff members and medical team are easy-going and mostly supportive, management is largely absent.
Pros
satisfying work, meals are provided, flexible scheduling
Cons
few breaks, stressful at times, facility (space) is very limited
Horrible company to work for!
Team Lead/Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 26, 2013
So I started in Sept making 9.50 within two months I was put in charge of a unit with no extra pay but tons of extra responsibilities not to mention the money I spent from my own paycheck to but supplies for the unit activities that was not already provided. LOVE the people I worked with and my actual responsibilities. But it was very emotionally involved!
Pros
co-workers, knowing what i did made a difference
Cons
the company!
Not a good place right now
can not give because I still work there (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahApril 25, 2013
This place needs a new direction. It is poorly ran by an Adminstrator that is not able to run it, heart in the right place, just needs to have more time as a head of a building. The staff for the most part is great. They did have a great Director of Nurses who made the place better for the kids and they let her slip out of their hands, now have a new one with no history of running a building and the facility has gone back to being a mess. At times I feel it is very unsafe to work there. Staff are for the most part all looking for other employment. It is a sad place to work now.
Pros
has a good risk manager. has a few good social workers. is a uhs facility
Cons
very bad reputation, needs the director of nurses back that they let leave. is losing their program director.
This was almost like an internship for me.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2013
Really enjoyed the approach and direction of the program. It helped me learn about diff individuals and their personal experiences and stories.
A Brand New Beginning
Staff (Current Employee) –  UnitsNovember 28, 2012
Since the new CEO stepped in this year, positive change has been the one constant that most staff and admin have experienced. He cares for the staff and wants things to change for the better. He knows my name. It's about doing things right and better for the kids, now.
Pros
great staff, leadership, good communications, growing.
This place is bad
Therapist (Former Employee) –  South salt lakeOctober 2, 2012
This program makes their decisions based on how much money can we make. How can we warehouse kids What can we get away with. It is a worst place to work
Pros
you can leave unlike the kid
Cons
i am no longer there

Comment – May 26, 2013

This is the complete truth!

Fairly Good Company
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 16, 2012
If you love working with children with not so good backgrounds this would be the place for you. There are times when Work will out weight personal Life time.