Coty Inc. Employee Reviews

Personality
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 24, 2017
If you love people, and you love fragrance, this is the perfect job! It is not a full time job however, and you will need something else to pay the bills
Solid Place to work
Administrative Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
Solid place to work. No room for growth at the company. Great benefits like discounted fragrances, and Fridays off during the summer. Careers stay at a standstill there.
Pros
Discount Fragrances
Cons
No room for growth
Fun and goodi
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 25, 2017
I like working at my last job,I enjoy people. And the material handler.job was good my coworkers, was great.Managers was good pay was not enough I have a son it's important i get more money.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Well benefited, questionable with certain management.
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 15, 2017
I do not have a degree in industrial maintenance, but i came from a personal background in auto mechanics which drew me into the industrial side of mechanical work. I was given the opportunity to showcase my work ethics, and was also given the opportunity to become a permanent mechanic over time. I have proven i can be taught easily, and can be given my own production lines to maintain on a daily basis. Dedicated to my work, and take pride in success.
Pros
Happy to see success in the outcome of my hard work. Love to be a team player.
Cons
Always looking for team work to make a successful buisness better. Without teamwork, you cannot succeed.
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 29, 2017
Very fast paced environment where operators are not paid enough for the duties they perform. You are often asked to go above and beyond by working late, working weekends, and even doing others jobs with no recognition for the hard work you put in.
Pros
Occasionally given free products that were produced by the plant.
Will enjoy if only for a period of time
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 29, 2017
A job to know all of the up coming perfume. Is considered a good full-time job. Will start off at $8 an hr. It is usually considered a temporary job. It has 3 shifts.
Pros
Sitting for eight hours, breaks are pretty decent
Cons
Possible layoff
Matrix Company - but very good team to work with
Director of Distribution (Former Employee) –  Rocky Point, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Great company - but retail industry is ever challenging. Christmas volume challenges the team and the ever changing annual launches can be challenging.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Life balance a challenge a times
work was alright
GPW (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 29, 2017
working there is alright just a lot of different people in and out. you move positions with others every two hours. the hardest part is standing all day while packing out.
great enviroment and great working experience
Machine Operator/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my job as I remained employed with this company for over 20 years. I would have remained there until my retirement if I could. I am a faithful and hard working employee and learned many things while working with this company, My expansion of people skills greatly exceeded, as well learning how to follow direct directions and lead by example. I've learned how to operate many different machines, do coding and how things operate accordingly. The management team where supportive but as in any job teamwork can make a dream work.
The Best Place
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
This is a wonderful company that in the past was filled with great professional workers and great benefits. Loved going to work everyday. The products are wonderful.
love it
P.I.T Operate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 31, 2016
I love my job an the people i work with coty is a family company an they all so have a store for the employers to shop in on site with very good deals
Pros
nothing free
Cons
only 2 15min breaks an 8hr
Stable environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 18, 2016
The hardest part about working at Coty was really jus the pace , sometimes it would be such a slow pace the day seems to drag on forever.
productive
Kelly Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 28, 2016
they always kept you busy but for the most part your bosses were nice but there were some people there that should've been fired for being disrespectful to the new workers that didn't know what they were doing.
Pros
etc
Cons
short breaks
Small company with poor management
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 10, 2015
I worked for this company for 3 months and I could not stay there any longer after I saw how badly management handled their daily operations. I left a fortune 500 company to work here because the benefits and pay seemed promising but I was very disappointed. There was a director and three supervisors in our department that would oversee the staff but the director would come in late everyday and when she showed up she would chat up with one of the supervisors for hours about what her life was about after work and due to her speaking loudly we could often hear the entire conversation while trying to work.
Due to the poor example of the director the supervisors also felt they could talk among themselves and take long lunches to go out shopping to one of the new stores that had opened up. It was very unprofessional to do such things when they could have done so after work and we had to hear about their shopping endeavors at the store when she came back talking about how full she was. (lunch and shopping)
I was frustrated that important emails were not being answered by the supervisor overseen my accounts but yet she had time to talk half the day to the director and the other supervisors about non-work related material.
Most of the job duties are expected to be done by the account representatives unless an issue arises but the supervisor was never around or responsive to emails in a timely manner and the issues would escalate causing more problems for the reps.
This is a small company that recently became public but it was apparent from the mindset that they will stay small
  more... in the years to come because they don't put the work and effort into profitable growth as much as they do personal conversations and personal errands.
After 3 months I felt this company did not have the atmosphere required for personal growth and I could not tolerate their lack of attention to work for the rest of my possible working years and so I gave my two week notice but the director decided to be spiteful and let me go the same day.
The supervisors acted in a childish manner by making loud comments about me leaving the company. That seemed very unprofessional but further solidified my decision that this company was not in the right track to success and management was not in the right mindset to get them there.
I feel bad for the rest of the crew that continues to work there, I had heard this company used to be great but in my three months there employees confided in me how they feel that the greater years are far behind.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Management is horrible and there is no room to grow.
Productive and fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 29, 2015
Very nice because it's really clean area to work and all departments is very organized....I'm already work at coty before on lacquer area and tha people I work with, they really nice
Great place to be
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 9, 2015
Coty was very fun and good loving place to work. I made sure everyday i put a smile on everyone face while i was there because the work can be hard but i try my hardest to make it suitable for everyone.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks pay could be alot better
productive
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 22, 2015
I got with everyone fine. A lot of times no one could tell you what to do so you would figure it out on your own. management was not helpful
Productive Workplace
Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 17, 2015
My typical day would be to provide the best customer service, compute sales prices, meet daily goals, explain about the merchandise to clients, assembled teams on marketing activities and created promotional emails. I've learned about the company and was very passionate about my position and what I could provide for my clients. The Job culture was great, when I first got on board with this company I made rewarding compensation and created friendships that will last forever. The easiest part of the job was to engage with my clients and get to know them. The hardest part was not knowing if we would make our day or not and I was extremely hard on myself for that but I learned how to stop worrying and just do the best I can by providing the customer care and leadership. My most enjoyable part was for us to be the team that we were pushing through our day by competitively trying to make our goals and from that we would have bonuses, making our clients satisfied because they matter.
Company does not value their employees, needs better management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Customer ServiceJune 3, 2015
My job was in Customer Service, I worked there for almost 3yrs. In the end this company only saw me as a number, along with my manager whom I busted my butt for. This use to be a good company to work for but it has gone down hill big time.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Very poor management
breeding ground for innovation
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 11, 2015
My job mostly consisted of preparing costing sheets and manpower sheets for new products. Also, I entered the routings and production versions in SAP. I also worked on a few productivity improvement projects.
The management was OK, needed a better organization structure.
Work was hectic on somedays.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
need a better management