Coty Inc. Employee Reviews

Small company with poor management
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 10, 2015
I worked for this company for 3 months and I could not stay there any longer after I saw how badly management handled their daily operations. I left a fortune 500 company to work here because the benefits and pay seemed promising but I was very disappointed. There was a director and three supervisors in our department that would oversee the staff but the director would come in late everyday and when she showed up she would chat up with one of the supervisors for hours about what her life was about after work and due to her speaking loudly we could often hear the entire conversation while trying to work.
Due to the poor example of the director the supervisors also felt they could talk among themselves and take long lunches to go out shopping to one of the new stores that had opened up. It was very unprofessional to do such things when they could have done so after work and we had to hear about their shopping endeavors at the store when she came back talking about how full she was. (lunch and shopping)
I was frustrated that important emails were not being answered by the supervisor overseen my accounts but yet she had time to talk half the day to the director and the other supervisors about non-work related material.
Most of the job duties are expected to be done by the account representatives unless an issue arises but the supervisor was never around or responsive to emails in a timely manner and the issues would escalate causing more problems for the reps.
This is a small company that recently became public but it was apparent from the mindset that they will stay small
  more... in the years to come because they don't put the work and effort into profitable growth as much as they do personal conversations and personal errands.
After 3 months I felt this company did not have the atmosphere required for personal growth and I could not tolerate their lack of attention to work for the rest of my possible working years and so I gave my two week notice but the director decided to be spiteful and let me go the same day.
The supervisors acted in a childish manner by making loud comments about me leaving the company. That seemed very unprofessional but further solidified my decision that this company was not in the right track to success and management was not in the right mindset to get them there.
I feel bad for the rest of the crew that continues to work there, I had heard this company used to be great but in my three months there employees confided in me how they feel that the greater years are far behind.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Management is horrible and there is no room to grow.
Great place to be
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 9, 2015
Coty was very fun and good loving place to work. I made sure everyday i put a smile on everyone face while i was there because the work can be hard but i try my hardest to make it suitable for everyone.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks pay could be alot better
productive
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 22, 2015
I got with everyone fine. A lot of times no one could tell you what to do so you would figure it out on your own. management was not helpful
Productive Workplace
Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 17, 2015
My typical day would be to provide the best customer service, compute sales prices, meet daily goals, explain about the merchandise to clients, assembled teams on marketing activities and created promotional emails. I've learned about the company and was very passionate about my position and what I could provide for my clients. The Job culture was great, when I first got on board with this company I made rewarding compensation and created friendships that will last forever. The easiest part of the job was to engage with my clients and get to know them. The hardest part was not knowing if we would make our day or not and I was extremely hard on myself for that but I learned how to stop worrying and just do the best I can by providing the customer care and leadership. My most enjoyable part was for us to be the team that we were pushing through our day by competitively trying to make our goals and from that we would have bonuses, making our clients satisfied because they matter.
Company does not value their employees, needs better management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Customer ServiceJune 3, 2015
My job was in Customer Service, I worked there for almost 3yrs. In the end this company only saw me as a number, along with my manager whom I busted my butt for. This use to be a good company to work for but it has gone down hill big time.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Very poor management
breeding ground for innovation
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 11, 2015
My job mostly consisted of preparing costing sheets and manpower sheets for new products. Also, I entered the routings and production versions in SAP. I also worked on a few productivity improvement projects.
The management was OK, needed a better organization structure.
Work was hectic on somedays.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
need a better management