Council On Aging Employee Reviews

No benefits
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 25, 2017
If sick we cannot make hours up, we use to make up hours for Holidays or sick, this job doesn't guarantee 19 hours a week for what your were hired for!
Council On Aging
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAOctober 24, 2017
I liked working here. Everyone was so nice. The workplace was very quiet and relaxing. I felt at home there. Everyday there was alot of paperwork to do .
Pros
peaceful workplace
Cons
short lunch
Great work atmosphere and excellent co-workers.
paralegal intern in estate planning (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 7, 2017
I completed an internship at the Council on Aging. It was fantastic. I loved the people I worked with. They gave me sound advice and leadership and were helpful in teaching me new things. I would recommend it as a great place for anyone to work.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2017
The Council on Aging took me under it's wing and were patient with my learning process. I learned so much about how a not for profit is accountable, for every penny that is spent. Management is the reason I was offered the job, as I was an intern, in the first place. There were times that I would do any thing for my fellow workers, until I got hurt, then they came to my aide. We are a very diverse population and we all seemed to have love in our hearts. The hardest part of the job: running out of work to do, spending a lot of time on the phone without a headset. The most enjoyable time: when there was a pile of work to be completed within a certain time frame, I made it a competition. It was fun.
Pros
Celebrations
Cons
Running out of work
enjoyed helping Senior citizens have a more productive life
Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LASeptember 14, 2017
Loved working with the Senior citizens and helping them in any way possible. They are very interesting and fun to get to know. You learn a lot about their lives and concerns.
Pros
free lunch, bingo, special events for seniors, teaching them and informing them of programs to make their lives easier
Cons
the wages were very poor, there was no benefits and the hours only last until 8a - 2p
large case loads,
My Care Ohio Molina Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinatti, OHAugust 28, 2017
large case loads, changed to hourly from salary for case managers, unrealistic expectations in 7.5 hour work day; unable to give enough attention to cases
Pros
flexible
Cons
high cost insurance
I love my job
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Welch, WVAugust 25, 2017
I love my current job but I am a single mom raising a son and need more income to ensure his needs being met. They are a good company to work for and will work with you as much as allowed in diffucult situations.
Good job and nice people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJuly 30, 2017
Loved working with a lot of different people in their homes . cared for alot of people with different needs. I took BP gave medicine, feed,errands, bathed and made friends.
Pros
Meeting new people. Helping the sick to feel better or get well.
Cons
Leaving because of death of clients.
Great people who care.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2017
Quite day at work each day. Team player. Management is great. Culture is great. Nothing hard about this job. Helping the people was very enjoyable
Pros
Everyone prays.
Cons
Fun place to work and be with the elderly
Adult Daycare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 20, 2017
Assist patients with eating, toileting and activity. Conversate with them. Dance , tell jokes, read short stories and make them laugh. Assist them on walks and play games.
Pros
Free lunch and other items. IRA contribution
Cons
low salary for the work
Great
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2017
Employers at Council on Aging are real nice, best place to work everybody is getting along with everybody , plus it's a nice environment, to work with I recommend for people to work with
Pros
Great
Good
Great bunch of people to work with.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 25, 2017
Get bus ready for the road,pick up paper work and hit the road.I learned that their are a lot of nice people out there,and I enjoyed working there very much.Everyone from the top down are always pleasant and caring.
Pros
Get to work with wonderful people
Cons
wasn't any.
Not worth the hassle
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 19, 2017
Low pay, lots of driving, poor management skills. Schedules are not well planned and job depends on client availability and answering the door. Would not recommend
Great!
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2017
Very good company with a great mission, and would love to work in other areas full time.
Learned about service available to seniors
Management is very caring and compassionate
COA foster a great workplace culture
Hardest part is learnina all of the services
most enjoyable is that we provide services to seniors and help them live out the rest of their lives with support
Pros
all good services
Cons
n/a
Easy going
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJune 1, 2017
great opportunity to give back and get paid while doing it. deliver or prepare hot meals and some frozen meals to south georgia and north florida. Most clients are elderly or disabled and def enjoy the daily/weekly visits.
Pros
lunch is free! giving back manage your own time as a driver. drivers can make salary
Cons
no health care benefits
not a good place to work.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 1, 2017
Not a good place to work. They do not care about their employee's. They are out to benefit themselves and the CEO to make more money but they do not care about their drivers and what they put them through on a daily basis.
Pros
Cons
No time for yourself. over worked, short breaks.
Helping People
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2017
Taking calls from people in need of services such as food, shelter, clothing, and help with filing for food stamps or social security income. Next, I would perform data entry on client confidential records. Greeting client who walking in for various services.
Our workplace was productive and fun. In fact, there was a spiritual undertone-we prayed on Wednesday's at our meetings!
Pros
Helping people in need...
Cons
Being paid minimum wage!!
Very supportive staff and upper managment
MYCARE OHIO CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMarch 21, 2017
Company works to ensure all employees have what they need in place to succeed. The company has high expectations on their employees, so all must remain in compliance and work as a team
didn't like job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLMarch 11, 2017
was not very pleasant
not enough pay
customers weren't nice sometimes
manager sucked
nothing enjoyable at all
got sick from cleaning unsanitary homes
wasn't able to go back to work
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Easy work, love my clients
Homemaker/respite/sitter (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMarch 8, 2017
Fell in love with my clients, really love my job but the hrs & pay are not good, love helping the elderly & they really appreciate everything you do for them!!
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Not enough hrs pay isn't good