The Council for Older Adults was incorporated in 1992 as non-profit 501(c)3 corporation. The mission of the Council is to improve the quality of life of the older population of Delaware County by developing effective services and programs.
The Enrichment Center Manager has the opportunity to significantly impact the mission, vision, growth and success the Council for Older Adults of Delaware County. This position is responsible for leading the programming efforts of the organization.by providing activities to help those age 55+ remain healthy and productive through education, recreation, socialization, exercise, and wellness.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, recreation, business or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience working in community recreation, recreation/senior centers, nonprofit management, and/or customer service environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of management and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with older adult populations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Must be computer and MS Office literate.
- Ability to meet deadlines and successfully handle multiple tasks
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to promote a positive work culture throughout the organization
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when necessary
This position is responsible for all aspects of leadership and management of the day to
day operation of a large and diverse multipurpose enrichment center for 2,000+ older
adults in Delaware County, Ohio. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, oversight and evaluation of all Center programming and activities including: arts and education programming, aquatic center programming, a fitness center and wellness programming, routine special events and other onsite and offsite activities of the center.
Develops and oversees implementation of center operating plans, policies, procedures, structures and practices required for the efficient and effective operation of a progressive community center.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of professional Enrichment Center staff including experienced full time, part time, contingent instructors and volunteers. Duties include: providing direction, delegation, support, training, evaluation and oversight of the work of the center.
- Develops and proposes center budget, and, monitors and approves all center expenditures in accordance with approved budget. Develops new and expands existing resources for the center.
- Monitors and develops a culture of high quality customer service at the Center insuring an open and accepting atmosphere for diverse attitudes, populations and cultures. Interacts with and responds to membership concerns.
- Will grow the membership base and tracking membership growth and program utilization. Develops reporting tools that will inform management decision making.
Creates content for various publications and other communication vehicles including: organizational newspaper, newsletters, website, flyers, press releases, etc. and with close communication with the organization’s Communication Director.
- Works with and maintains professional communications with other Council managers, center members and those doing business with the Enrichment Center, including, but not limited to, funding sources and potential funding sources, elected officials, grantees, contractors, vendors, and the general public; and communicates and coordinates matters with and between management and the staff of the corporation.
- Responsible for staffing center committees and groups which may from time to time be formed to study an issue, manage an event or generally improve the Center.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to insure a smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Enrichment Center Manager required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis.
Full-Time Exempt Position
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send resume and job application to Human Resources by applying below or visiting our website www.growingolder.org (under contact tab)
Location Delaware, Ohio
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Council for Older Adults is a county-wide organization responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating services for older adults...