To fulfill the Council’s Mission to provide and coordinate services to keep older adults living independently, the Council on Aging for Henderson County is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours per week) Meals on Wheels Caseworker.
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Director, the Meals on Wheels (MOW) Caseworker helps with the daily operation of the MOW program including, but not limited to, visiting in-home with clients to complete necessary paperwork, completing in-home assessments in a timely fashion, ensuring accurate data entry, answering the MOW phone, loading and unloading food containers, and participation in agency wide meetings and functions.
1. Must have transportation and be willing to visit with clients in their home.
2. Must abide by all confidentiality agreements.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Must be willing to attend nutrition and food handling training, or similar training pertinent to the position.
5. Detail oriented and ability to problem solve.
6. Must be physically able to lift loaded containers.
7. Must be able to lift in excess of 40 lbs.
8. Must practice good safety procedures in the physical requirements of the job.
9. Ability to speak well in public regarding agency, all programs and volunteer needs.
10. Ability to work as a team.
11. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
12. Must be willing to travel throughout Henderson County