Counseling Employee Reviews

Productive team member
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pitt community collegeNovember 7, 2016
I assist students in the computer lab with homework assignments, financial aide and all other services they need. Management are the best they are very helpful in helping you reach your goals. The hardest part of the job is trying to help more than one person at a time.
Pros
build a rapport with the students
Cons
Some students are disrespectful
management issues
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
managed all aspects of bookkeeping for the company, the staff was great but the ceo is not a good manager. Take calls from clients for scheduling, take payments, etc.
Great people to work with
Parent educator (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, OHOctober 19, 2016
Wonderful to work with but not enough hours for a person to have just one job and survive. The people there are warm and truly care about the clients. The
Center is very community based. They offer a variety of programs including drug and alcohol.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours.
Wonderful experience
Counseling and Careers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 22, 2016
I had such a wonderful experience. I would work back here. The staff was great and the students were great. I would recommend Howard Community College to anyone.
allowed to work as an independent professional
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILSeptember 30, 2016
It was respectful work environment where your expertise was acknowledged. I learned how to trust my professional self and also became a more seasoned therapist.
Team environment
Lead Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 17, 2016
Employees are proactive in this busy office. All work as a team to get things done. Some difficulty connecting students to community help. All work together to educate faculty and staff about mental health issues.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Sometimes to busy to take lunch
Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCAugust 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Was only there for 5 months because I transferred schools. If I continued my education there, I would have still been working there.
Great Company no room for growth
Team Leader of Counseling Services (Current Employee) –  Boston MaDecember 31, 2015
Great benefits and compensation. I have worked at this company for almost 10 years and been in the same position for 8. There is not any room for growth here.
Great and safe environment
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work is great. The most enjoyable part of interning here was getting to help students with their personal issues. I felt like I was really making a difference.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Good company to work for.
Behavioral Health Provider Lic./Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 3, 2013
Fast paced work environment. Co-workers were team players. Management had an open door policy, and was concerned about the well-being of staff. The hardest part of the job was the amount of paperwork, but I was able to complete all paperwork in a timely manner. I enjoyed working with the clients and staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High caseloads
This is a fast pased job and a great place to work.
Supervisor/CAS II (Current Employee) –  Fairfield and Vallejo CaliforniaOctober 28, 2012
The clinic day starts at 5AM. I start off with daily reports, intakes, counseling sessions,notes, treatment plans, assessments, working with my counselors. I am an intake specialist, I specialize in working with pregnant patients and their families. Management is always available to answer questions and help when needed. My co-workers are all passionate in their work and we work well together as a team. I work closely with our Doctors and other medical staff. The hardest part of my job is not being able to breathe in between sessions. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have made a posisitve difference in the lives of our patients.
Pros
early start in my day and early off.
Cons
i don't have much time in between my sessions
Productive, High in Priorities
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2013
A typical day at work was very laid back in activies.
Learned how to communicate with all type of people and how to counsel the male clients.
The management was very strict due to the fact that we worked with authority and government departments.
Co-workers were very outgoing and social.
Hardest part of the job was making sure that all clients met the requisites and followed the norms that were established within facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to see the clients better themselves and accomplish their goals to better their personal life.
Pros
Socialicing among employees
Cons
Healthcare
Productice work place
Good Samaritans Group (Former Employee) –  griffen gaNovember 30, 2013
Productive days positive surroundings ive learned to balance a fast pace life the management is very good my co workers are like family the hardest part of the job is hearing your customers really in need and sometimes they just wanna talk about there testomonies in life they go through so much makes me thank god that im blessed for what i do have! I enjoy making new relationships through it all.
Pros
Pays Good
Cons
short breaks
Practicum Internship for Counseling
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2015
My experience in counseling is only as a practicum student at Texas A&M University-San Antonio. I completed my hours at two separate agencies.
Fun working with different people and serving different customers.
Externship-60 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2012
A typical day for me working at Counseling Ltd begins at 8:30am-1:30pm. I learned good customer service skills,billing and insurance verification and also scheduling.The management team was great and my co-workers was great too.I did find any part of this job hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work and helping the patients.
A great learning experience
Community Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJune 5, 2015
My typical day at work all depends on the days of the week and the childs mood after returning from school. Some Good days , Some bad . I learned how to be patient , how to be fun but also get goals achieved. I guess the hardest part of my job was knowing i was leaving for the day and the little girls i worked with would be upset for the rest of the night. The most enjoyabke part of my job was learning from them and teaching them the knowledge i have.
Pros
Hours, Working with children, Pay
Cons
aggression
Prouductive workplace
Counseling (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlJuly 29, 2014
Well to began there were a lot of kids from different places. Some had different personality's and different attitudes. I didn't know what to expect but I was ready. When the kids got there they were so attach to me. That was a good things, because i didn't want to be the one who got my head chewed off by the kids. So when the next day came the kids started to poor there problems out to me, and i was the listening ear. There wasn't really anything that was hard about the job. The job was enjoyable and it was a good experience for me because i never been camping or even a counselor. I learned a lot with being at the camp. I learned that people can have a big smile on the outside but on the inside there is hurt, and pain. My coworkers and manger was awesome they gave me everything I needed when I asked and we all got along.
Pros
Free breakfest lunch and dinner, free home
Cons
There wasn't any Cons. I actually loved this job
Counseling
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Working with adults and youth in a prevention setting, giving them valid information in regards to knowing the difference of what is healthy for their lives. On a typical day at work I am at various locations preparing my presentations and activities to present the information in a more descriptive creative way with videos, handouts, and group examples. In order for the audience to see and act out how things could affect them and what outcomes or consequences follow. One challenging part of my job maybe if I wasn't able to reach one person in understanding the severity of the information that I am presenting, then I try harder to getting the to understand.
Pros
helping others, team work, presenting, seeing the positive outcomes
Cons
n/a
Great learning environment for skills, trades, and teamwork
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 29, 2012
Overall learned alot about work ethics, punctuality, and teamwork
Pros
develped relationships with fellow workers and clients
Cons
not a great environment for advancement or growth
Served as a bilingual counselor by providing counseling services to members and their families.
Bilingual counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 23, 2014
Encourages members to identify, develop and utilize support systems, including available community resources.
Consultation,Comprehensive evaluation,Child focused parent therapy,Psychotherapy/dyadic treatment
Parent education and guidance,Video interactive guidance,Phone support
Referrals for medication evaluation, social services,Home visiting,Support groups
Therapeutic supervised visitation (only as part of the VISIT Project)
School consultations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Counseling. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2