Counseling Employee Reviews

Day at cles
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 5, 2018
Opened office and attended to emails and voicemails. Took care of public requests, instructed assistants as to daily procedures and new requests.
Prepared for meetings, scheduled rooms for meetings, set up refreshments, and corresponded with supervisor on items needed for the day.
Handled maintenance of equipment by calling proper resources, provided help where other departments or co-workers needed it, created brochures, programs or other documents where needed, and took notes at meetings.
I learned several different software and management techniques as well as problem solving procedures.
I managed two to three assistants.
The workplace was relaxed but had moments of stress when deadlines had to be met.
The hardest part of the job was handling complaints when the supervisor was not available.
The most enjoyable part was helping those who came in and knowing they were satisfied.
Pros
Free food, gists from clients and co-workers, smiling faces
Cons
Upset clients that I could not help. Change over in supervisors was hard.
Good place to start as a therapist
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2017
CCM offers a lot for beginning therapists especially if you have ambition. The CEO and clinical director are supportive and friendly people and offer a lot of benefits and perks to employees who demonstrate their commitment to the field.
People were very nice but not enough management
Manager/Billing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2017
New place just trying to get on their feet. No handbook or policy and procedures were ever placed. I was the billing Manager and the office Manager as well. I enjoy working with others and helping employees and patients throughout the day. Their were no benefits and or a 90 day review. Human Resource did not have the experience or info that is needed to perform their duties.
Pros
Relaxed place
Cons
no benefits
changable
Treatment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLOctober 1, 2017
I do not have an opinion about working at the Sheriff's Office. it is what you make it. Some days good, some days are not so good. It is regular full time work.
Mental Health Counselor
Medicaid Post-Hospitalization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 20, 2017
Private practice good place to work. Caseload not always predictable, clients do not always show up as scheduled. Working with insurance companies is horrible, don't ever want to pay.
Did not like my job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 5, 2017
Hated this job because it went against a lot my morals this job use to make me lie to the kids and I was always left in dangerous situation. If kid attack a staff and the staff press charges they would remove the staff off schedule making them use there PTO until they can place in another house.
Pros
laid back
Cons
adminstration terriable
Enjoyed working with people.
life coach (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed sitting and talking with people about their problems and problem solving with them. It gave great satisfaction to know that the people I worked with left feeling better and more equipped to deal with their lives.
Pros
Working with the people
Cons
Always having to find new clients
Enjoyed the work,
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic, IAJuly 11, 2017
Could not get enough clientele to be able to live off of what i was making. new to the area therefore didn't have networking opportunities as available.
the staff talking about everything in the hallway where other clients at
Testing and Referral (CTR) Specialist (Former Employee) –  new york nyJune 5, 2017
work with clients on a daily basis doing intake dealing with the pharmacy and other running groups facilitating fun working place very busy low pay and not enough staff nothing is keep confidetiall at all
Pros
it was nice to work there
Cons
dont have anything wrong to say nothing is keep confidetial
fun
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2017
balanced. good communication skills, challenging work, scheduled changes a lot so I need to be flexible. working with others can be a great thing, networking yields results.
management issues
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
managed all aspects of bookkeeping for the company, the staff was great but the ceo is not a good manager. Take calls from clients for scheduling, take payments, etc.
Positive
Intern (Current Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PANovember 10, 2016
Everyone who works at the Counseling Center at Heritage is very talented and very friendly. I highly recommend working there because of the amazing management team .
Productive team member
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pitt community collegeNovember 7, 2016
I assist students in the computer lab with homework assignments, financial aide and all other services they need. Management are the best they are very helpful in helping you reach your goals. The hardest part of the job is trying to help more than one person at a time.
Pros
build a rapport with the students
Cons
Some students are disrespectful
Wonderful experience
Counseling and Careers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 22, 2016
I had such a wonderful experience. I would work back here. The staff was great and the students were great. I would recommend Howard Community College to anyone.
Great people to work with
Parent educator (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, OHOctober 19, 2016
Wonderful to work with but not enough hours for a person to have just one job and survive. The people there are warm and truly care about the clients. The
Center is very community based. They offer a variety of programs including drug and alcohol.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours.
allowed to work as an independent professional
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILSeptember 30, 2016
It was respectful work environment where your expertise was acknowledged. I learned how to trust my professional self and also became a more seasoned therapist.
Team environment
Lead Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 17, 2016
Employees are proactive in this busy office. All work as a team to get things done. Some difficulty connecting students to community help. All work together to educate faculty and staff about mental health issues.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Sometimes to busy to take lunch
Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCAugust 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Was only there for 5 months because I transferred schools. If I continued my education there, I would have still been working there.
Great and safe environment
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work is great. The most enjoyable part of interning here was getting to help students with their personal issues. I felt like I was really making a difference.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Great Company no room for growth
Team Leader of Counseling Services (Current Employee) –  Boston MaDecember 31, 2015
Great benefits and compensation. I have worked at this company for almost 10 years and been in the same position for 8. There is not any room for growth here.