Counseling

Counseling Employer Reviews

I love the work that i do
Target Case Manager (Current Employee), Springvale, MEJuly 2, 2014
Pros: improving the lives of families
Cons: management
referrals, advocate, link to natural resources and collaborate with other providers
Counseling
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: helping others, team work, presenting, seeing the positive outcomes
Cons: n/a
Working with adults and youth in a prevention setting, giving them valid information in regards to knowing the difference of what is healthy for their lives. On a typical day at work I am at various locations preparing my presentations and activities to present the information in a more descriptive creative way with videos, handouts, and group examples. – more... In order for the audience to see and act out how things could affect them and what outcomes or consequences follow. One challenging part of my job maybe if I wasn't able to reach one person in understanding the severity of the information that I am presenting, then I try harder to getting the to understand. – less
Great
Office Site Manager (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Great place to work. Great people who work at CSPC. I learn something new everyday and I enjoy my job.
Righteous leadership.
Served as a bilingual counselor by providing counseling services to members and their families.
Bilingual counselor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 23, 2014
Encourages members to identify, develop and utilize support systems, including available community resources.
Consultation,Comprehensive evaluation,Child focused parent therapy,Psychotherapy/dyadic treatment
Parent education and guidance,Video interactive guidance,Phone support
Referrals for medication evaluation, social services,Home visiting,Support – more... groups
Therapeutic supervised visitation (only as part of the VISIT Project)
School consultations – less
Intern
Externship (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoyed my work and other staff. I called insurance companies and inquired about why they had not paid on a claim.
Productive, High in Priorities
Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: socialicing among employees
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work was very laid back in activies.
Learned how to communicate with all type of people and how to counsel the male clients.
The management was very strict due to the fact that we worked with authority and government departments.
Co-workers were very outgoing and social.
Hardest part of the job was making sure that all clients met the – more... requisites and followed the norms that were established within facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to see the clients better themselves and accomplish their goals to better their personal life. – less
Productice work place
Good Samaritans Group (Former Employee), griffen gaNovember 30, 2013
Pros: pays good
Cons: short breaks
Productive days positive surroundings ive learned to balance a fast pace life the management is very good my co workers are like family the hardest part of the job is hearing your customers really in need and sometimes they just wanna talk about there testomonies in life they go through so much makes me thank god that im blessed for what i do have! – more... I enjoy making new relationships through it all. – less
This was a very involved position.
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHOctober 15, 2013
A typical day was spent on foot all over the house. I learned how to do daily progress notes for the clients and how to oversee many people. My co-workers were nice, but I mainly worked alone. The hardest part of the job was working a midnight shift but what I most enjoyed was seeing a client succeed.
Good company to work for.
Behavioral Health Provider Lic./Program Manager (Current Employee), Morrow, GASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high caseloads
Fast paced work environment. Co-workers were team players. Management had an open door policy, and was concerned about the well-being of staff. The hardest part of the job was the amount of paperwork, but I was able to complete all paperwork in a timely manner. I enjoyed working with the clients and staff.
Productive day helping and serving others
Counselor - Counseling Center; Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 12, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: no enough time to help others
I enjoy helping persons, families, and communities grow and development so that they maximize their potential, fulfill their purpose, and experience joy through health, wellness, and community support.
flex schedule
Volunteer (Former Employee), Kentfield, CAJune 19, 2013
flex schedule, good team work, work was appreciated as well as the opportunity to expand the mental health side.
Well established balanced agency
Life Counselor (Current Employee), Pekin ILJune 19, 2013
the service provided always available for assisting those who are experiencing difficult situations and are in need of a strategy or plan to deal with life's transitions. Life's challenges can be difficult but there is always a solution.
Friendly place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 16, 2013
Everyone is very friendly, like a small family. Learned a lot about running the office and what it takes to ensure that daily operations are handled smoothly.
This is a fast pased job and a great place to work.
Supervisor/CAS II (Current Employee), Fairfield and Vallejo CaliforniaOctober 28, 2012
Pros: early start in my day and early off.
Cons: i don't have much time in between my sessions
The clinic day starts at 5AM. I start off with daily reports, intakes, counseling sessions,notes, treatment plans, assessments, working with my counselors. I am an intake specialist, I specialize in working with pregnant patients and their families. Management is always available to answer questions and help when needed. My co-workers are all passionate – more... in their work and we work well together as a team. I work closely with our Doctors and other medical staff. The hardest part of my job is not being able to breathe in between sessions. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have made a posisitve difference in the lives of our patients. – less
UB Counseling Services
Suicide Prevention Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 21, 2012
Pros: great staff, well educated, helpful, fun
Cons: could get boring if there was a lot of down time, however downtime did not occur often
Graduate Assistant, higher education, event planning, data analysis, produced reports, presentations.
Great learning environment for skills, trades, and teamwork
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 29, 2012
Pros: develped relationships with fellow workers and clients
Cons: not a great environment for advancement or growth
Overall learned alot about work ethics, punctuality, and teamwork
Fun working with different people and serving different customers.
Externship-60 (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 22, 2012
A typical day for me working at Counseling Ltd begins at 8:30am-1:30pm. I learned good customer service skills,billing and insurance verification and also scheduling.The management team was great and my co-workers was great too.I did find any part of this job hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work and helping the patients.
Great Program
Program Clinician (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 19, 2012
Program was wonderful but closed due to state cuts. Population treated was mainly state referred clients.
productive
Faculty of MBA, BBA & do Administrative work (Current Employee), Bareilly, UPFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: short timing
Cons: transportation and salary
short duration is pros.. but Transportation problem is cons