Counseling

Counseling Employee Reviews

Educational and motivational
Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 17, 2015
During this internship I was able to work with counselors and their clients by having one on one interactions. Most days I would take notes during sessions and ask questions when needed. I was able to grow as an individual and figure out what population I wanted to help as a social worker.
School Counseling
Academic Advisement Internship (Current Employee), Public schoolMay 7, 2015
Pros: Helping children
Cons: Long schedule days
School counseling is a job that focuses on the personal/ social/ emotional and academic aspects of a student. The hardest part of the job is making sure all students are helped.
supportive work environment
Lead Counselor and Educational Instructor (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: very enclusive
Cons: big case loads
Busy but rwarding place to work. I a have learned alot at Pride that includes case work and counsuling styles in this under served population.
Summary
Clinical Dietitian II (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no room for growth
overall a very rewarding experience, coworker were wonderful, it is difficult to grow professional
Not good
Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (Intern) (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: learn alot
Cons: unethical owner
Owner was forced to sell business because of unethical practices.
Same as before
Switchboard operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Danville VaAugust 29, 2014
All of this information is the same as before for Danville Communications
Prouductive workplace
Counseling (Former Employee), Orlando FlJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free breakfest lunch and dinner, free home
Cons: there wasn't any cons. i actually loved this job
Well to began there were a lot of kids from different places. Some had different personality's and different attitudes. I didn't know what to expect but I was ready. When the kids got there they were so attach to me. That was a good things, because i didn't want to be the one who got my head chewed off by the kids. So when the next day came the kids started to poor there problems out to me, and i was the listening ear. There wasn't really anything that was hard about the job. The job was enjoyable and it was a good experience for me because i never been camping or even a counselor. I learned a lot with being at the camp. I learned that people can have a big smile on the outside but on the inside there is hurt, and pain. My coworkers and manger was awesome they gave me everything I needed when I asked and we all got along.
I love the work that i do
Target Case Manager (Current Employee), Springvale, MEJuly 2, 2014
Pros: improving the lives of families
Cons: management
referrals, advocate, link to natural resources and collaborate with other providers
Counseling
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: helping others, team work, presenting, seeing the positive outcomes
Cons: n/a
Working with adults and youth in a prevention setting, giving them valid information in regards to knowing the difference of what is healthy for their lives. On a typical day at work I am at various locations preparing my presentations and activities to present the information in a more descriptive creative way with videos, handouts, and group examples. In order for the audience to see and act out how things could affect them and what outcomes or consequences follow. One challenging part of my job maybe if I wasn't able to reach one person in understanding the severity of the information that I am presenting, then I try harder to getting the to understand.
Great
Office Site Manager (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Great place to work. Great people who work at CSPC. I learn something new everyday and I enjoy my job.
Righteous leadership.
Served as a bilingual counselor by providing counseling services to members and their families.
Bilingual counselor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 23, 2014
Encourages members to identify, develop and utilize support systems, including available community resources.
Consultation,Comprehensive evaluation,Child focused parent therapy,Psychotherapy/dyadic treatment
Parent education and guidance,Video interactive guidance,Phone support
Referrals for medication evaluation, social services,Home visiting,Support groups
Therapeutic supervised visitation (only as part of the VISIT Project)
School consultations
Intern
Externship (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoyed my work and other staff. I called insurance companies and inquired about why they had not paid on a claim.
Productive, High in Priorities
Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: socialicing among employees
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work was very laid back in activies.
Learned how to communicate with all type of people and how to counsel the male clients.
The management was very strict due to the fact that we worked with authority and government departments.
Co-workers were very outgoing and social.
Hardest part of the job was making sure that all clients met the requisites and followed the norms that were established within facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to see the clients better themselves and accomplish their goals to better their personal life.
Productice work place
Good Samaritans Group (Former Employee), griffen gaNovember 30, 2013
Pros: pays good
Cons: short breaks
Productive days positive surroundings ive learned to balance a fast pace life the management is very good my co workers are like family the hardest part of the job is hearing your customers really in need and sometimes they just wanna talk about there testomonies in life they go through so much makes me thank god that im blessed for what i do have! I enjoy making new relationships through it all.
This was a very involved position.
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHOctober 15, 2013
A typical day was spent on foot all over the house. I learned how to do daily progress notes for the clients and how to oversee many people. My co-workers were nice, but I mainly worked alone. The hardest part of the job was working a midnight shift but what I most enjoyed was seeing a client succeed.
Good company to work for.
Behavioral Health Provider Lic./Program Manager (Current Employee), Morrow, GASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high caseloads
Fast paced work environment. Co-workers were team players. Management had an open door policy, and was concerned about the well-being of staff. The hardest part of the job was the amount of paperwork, but I was able to complete all paperwork in a timely manner. I enjoyed working with the clients and staff.
Productive day helping and serving others
Counselor - Counseling Center; Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 12, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: no enough time to help others
I enjoy helping persons, families, and communities grow and development so that they maximize their potential, fulfill their purpose, and experience joy through health, wellness, and community support.
flex schedule
Volunteer (Former Employee), Kentfield, CAJune 19, 2013
flex schedule, good team work, work was appreciated as well as the opportunity to expand the mental health side.
Well established balanced agency
Life Counselor (Current Employee), Pekin ILJune 19, 2013
the service provided always available for assisting those who are experiencing difficult situations and are in need of a strategy or plan to deal with life's transitions. Life's challenges can be difficult but there is always a solution.
Friendly place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 16, 2013
Everyone is very friendly, like a small family. Learned a lot about running the office and what it takes to ensure that daily operations are handled smoothly.