Country Fair Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PAAugust 17, 2017
Enjoyable times here. Customers were fun too and have a good sense of humor. Like how its busy and keeps you moving all day while meeting new people in your area.
Not recommended
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAAugust 14, 2017
Company is very unorganized and does not care about the lower people in the food chain. As long as corperate is getting paid they don't care if you do.
fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 11, 2017
at times was a fast paced environment
got to meet alot of great customers
almost felt like a second family
just wish they offered more hours and more room for growth
Pros
fun
benefits
Retail is the icing on the gilded workforce of food service.
Sales Associate/SubFair (Current Employee) –  Albion, PAJuly 1, 2017
I learned patience and how to cope with diverse groups of people in one setting, sometimes at the same time.

Retail
unnecessary job stress > no compensation
extremely drama oriented
poorly trained management/staff
"just autobots"
Pros
30 percent discount on food for family/self, insurance
Cons
short breaks, no? breaks
country fair
Cashier/Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PAJune 30, 2017
I started working in the back where they have lunch meat and sandwiches i did not care for this because of the way i was trained. Training was done on day and i was on afternoon you did two totally different things. when i was put on registers i liked it better but i was left alone a lot while my coworkers went to have cigarettes out front.
Worth It
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Springville, NYJune 27, 2017
You would have so many regulars that it would be like a family. The management is by far the best I've seen in a very long time. I've become more comfortable with cashing and speaking out loud. it has taught me that you have to do what it takes to get where you want to be in life. The store was clean and well maintenance. The people were all so friendly and understanding. The hardest part I had was working mornings when the people working overnights didn't complete their tasks. made it very hard to stay on track ( fair) but I enjoyed all of the experience and wish I still could work there.
Pros
The manager would motivate you when working front!
Cons
racial discrimination
Good place
Sales Associate/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  McKean, PAJune 16, 2017
Was a good place to work as a beginning job. As the years went by I realized that I needed to find myself a career versus just a job. The job was tough at times because employees would call off often.
Pleasant place to work
Cashier/Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Brocton, NYJune 14, 2017
Great co-workers and customer interaction. Food service and cashier job.Dealing with people and the public.Organized operation.Dealing with advanced co-workers.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Public confrontation
Convenience Store
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 7, 2017
What more needs to be said. Its a convenience store/gas station. You wont get much as far as job satisfaction but at least it will pay the bills... if you are single living at home
Bigger chain gas station
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 7, 2017
This place taught me how to work hard for advancement even when no one was looking. I figured out here if you wanted something you can put your mind to anything.
Cashier work (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 6, 2017
It's a wonderful place to work and build advantages for you. Very family orientated environment the management deserves a five star rating for how they work with employees
Pros
Store discount
Cons
People will try too make a fool of you
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2017
Alright place to work I loved getting to know the regulars. Advancement is tricky. Overall not bad can be quick or slow but it is different each day..
co workers were great
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 28, 2017
co workers were amazing and created a professional and relaxed work environment. the house were great as well. i work from 5 am-1pm, which created more time for my personal life
Great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 23, 2017
Great place to work. Loved all my customers that came in and out of the store. Always kepted clean and sanitized. Awesome coworkers and management. Great subs and walking tacos.
Productive, fun working environment
Assisant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 22, 2017
Country fair is a company that will help you grow into something better, I started out as a regular associate and I've since then have moved up to assistant manager I've been with this company for 5 years, looking for a good job highly recommend country fair.
Nice place to work. Enjoyed working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I liked it. Good people good environment. Sometimes it got hard to deal with making sure people came in to pay for there gas. If there was a drive off we got blamed for it and it frustrated me.
Normal day
Maintance (Former Employee) –  Springville, NYJanuary 16, 2017
My typical day would start with me sweeping the floors and washing tables also had to empty garbage cans after which I took a measuring stick outside to dip the gas tanks to see the how full they were a recorded it on a day to day sheet for the store manager. In winter had to shovel the front side walk and dust snow off the pumps.
Disorganized Management and Sexism
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, ILJanuary 12, 2017
The manager in the the produce section was sexist. He told me constantly that women don't need to go to school and they we were all crazy. The owner is rude to the employees. There was some good people in management but overall poor.
enjoy working with the public
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PANovember 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the public. One of the things i liked most was i was always busy. I learned how to operate the lottery.
This job helped me gain/improve skills in the job place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 20, 2016
i went to work usually 2nd shift ,came in 20 minutes early to have a light snack before clocking in.starting the day by first checking time and temp log, continuing task sheet ,while greeting and helping customers with a 30 min lunch,back on task prepping for cold and hot items ,lastly ,at the end of the shift there were dishes and floors to be washed.then clocked out.
Pros
employee discount, good hours