Country Fair Employee Reviews

Fun and good atmosphere
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work was meeting new people, laughing and just being there to assist the customers. I've learned a lot with the register, inventory, etc. The management was good and the co-workers were fun and reliable. The hardest part about the job was if you got an "angry" customers and have to try and suit his needs. The most enjoyable part was meeting all new people.
Pros
Meeting new faces
Cons
No benefits
Working at the register, or working in the sub fair,and stocking the cooler.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 3, 2015
The day starts with prep on the register it starts with counting your drawer putting out the newspapers and facing the store. The prep for sub fair begins with turning on the oven pulling breakfast and setting up the fountain machine. On the register you will ring out customers for the day. In the sub fair you make breakfast, lunch, and subs throughout the shift
Pros
The shifts are flexible
Cons
you might not get a break at all and you might have to work every holiday
simple easy job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYOctober 27, 2015
run the register and gas pumps and then make food for customers clean the store count the drawers and then go home. Did not learn much except how much people gossip. the management there needs to have training on how to positively interact with their workers. The other co-workers are fine until you are doing things better then they are then they plot to get you fired.
Pros
Cons
no discounts for working there.
Excellent learning opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie PASeptember 9, 2015
Horrible coworkers but a great place to work. Excellent learning opportunity. Many hours available at the time.I wouldn't mind working there again, except for the fact that there is a whole new team and I would be starting fresh not knowing anybody.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie PASeptember 4, 2015
get breakfast ready for customers. make coffee, continue to replenish coffee and breakfast till lunch, then get subfare and pizzas ready for lunch, clean breakfast items. continue making pizzas and subs as ordered. clean up station. help on register.
I learned how to be part of a team and how to handle customers, also how to use the ovens and other items in the store.
management at our store was the best you could ask for they were always there to help and didnt make you feel as if you were lower than them.
my co-workers were like family. we all worked together and became very good friends with whom I am still friends with today.
I would say that the hardest part of my job would have to have been stocking the cooler, because it got real cold and there was not much room to move around in there.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my friends and feel comfortable. it really was a family oriented place to work. we all liked each other and were happy with our jobs.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and steady customers
Cons
lottery
It was alright place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NY 14063September 2, 2015
a typical day at work is chaotic with customers and fellow employees and the benefits were minimal and management was horrible
Pros
the customers
benefits
No advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, PAJuly 28, 2015
I polished my customer service skills and organization skills. hardest part was not having steady work hours. stocked coolers, prepared food and completed sales transactions
An okay company to work for
Sales Associate/ Food Service (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 3, 2015
It has it's ups and downs. Mostly downs, not somewhere I see myself forever. Management is bipolar, co workers are decent. Hardest part of jobs is the third shift crowd
Upbeat atmosphere and enjoyed working with customers
Sub-fair Worker (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAMay 19, 2015
My workday would usually start in the afternoon and include the dinner rush. Some nights I would work the night shift and that included the breakfast rush. It was like working in a well oiled machine. There would be food prep for foods that were sold at the self service cooler and food prep for a customer's exact needs on the spot. Plenty of cleaning and checking temperatures of all coolers and freezers. Checking dates of food. Filling all self service counters to always look full and fresh. I loved working with my co-workers we were a huge team. Each of us had different strengths that helped make up for any weaknesses in the group. Our manager was devoted to his job and made sure to show appreciation towards everyone. The hardest part of my job might have been the safety of it. If working at night the women staff parked near the front of the store, and/or, were walked out by a fellow male co-worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers. I loved meeting new people, and then seeing them again as a regular visitor. Many customers commented on my service, and enjoyed my polite banter while completing an order. I achieved the 2014 customer service award, and only had worked there for a few months, instead of those who had been there much longer.
Typical Gas Station
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAMay 7, 2015
Ring out customers for general merchandise or lottery sales, make coffee, occasional light cleaning, make food if needed, inventory cigarettes. Most difficult part of the job was "drive-off" gas sales.

Want to know more about Country Fair?

Ask a question
Fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 25, 2015
This was my first job. Here I learned what customer service is, how to be a leader and someone people want to work for, and how to do paperwork, audits and deposits.
Great Environment to work in.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 20, 2015
I have learned a lot from this employer, I've learned how to do customer service very well and I've learned how to multitask. Management is amazing! they work with you very well on scheduling they teach you thing at a very great speed and manor. My co-workers were very helpful and made the work place enjoyable.
Productive, unified group
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 29, 2014
A typical day as a shift manager would include coming to the scheduled shift on time and making sure that the store is stocked and cleaned appropriately. During a shift I would also have to schedule coworkers breaks during the time there and making sure that the customers are satisfied with the service provided. I have learned how to handle stressful and difficult situations while being appointed as shift manager. The management at the store frequently communicates so there is a unified workplace system and so there is a consistency in procedures. The hardest part of this job would be not knowing what could happen on any particular shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is that all the employees are friendly and get along.
Pros
great attitudes, friendly employees
Cons
can be short staffed.
Deli Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PANovember 6, 2014
Taking care of customers, always keeping my work station well stocked and clean. Both co-workers and management were great to work with. Hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable thing was to work with positive and motivated people.
Pros
close to home at the time and discounts on food.
Cons
the fear of drive offs at the pumps.
Fun atmosphere with
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me was a multitude of tasks that were given to me by my supervisor. I juggled the different tasks quite well and learned to multi-task extremely well.

My co-workers were very fun to work with and most days it made the hours go by quickly. We all worked hard and learned to have fun while doing our best.
Pros
fun-filled environment, very nice people
Cons
long hours (sometimes 10-15 hour shifts), heavy lifting tasks
Great enviroment with alot of nive people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAOctober 23, 2014
I really liked working at country fair. I love working on register it was a great job. The only thing I didn't really like was, the manager seemed to always be in a bad mood. That just made the job have a negative feel to it when she was there.
Pros
learn communication skills
Cons
manager
Fun Place To Work
Cashier, And Sub Fair Making Food For Customers (Former Employee) –  Meadville PaSeptember 27, 2014
Enjoy The Co-workers They We Easy To Get Along With. Enjoyed Interacting With Customers
Decent for ppl with high tolerance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 13, 2014
If hired you are required to do foodservice and register.

The schedule is not fixed and you will have random days off and you hours go up in the summer but cut back down to 20 in the winter.
Pros
discount, friendly co workers
Cons
minimum wage, team work detrimential, random hours and schedule
good college job
food service assisant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 28, 2014
I loved the tution reimbrusement , while attending college.
The flexible schedules help me keep up with my class work, while still be able to make some money.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Horrible, Depressing, Soul-sucking Dump
FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 11, 2014
This was the worst job I ever had. Management was completely incompetent. Scheduled on 3rd shift by myself in the food area, I was expected to complete 80% of the prep work for the next day. Our store was next to a bar and open all night. Strippers get hungry. The extra $1 an hour for working 3rd shift was not compensation enough for all the drunken idiots hitting on me all night. Although I completed more of the work than anyone else who worked the shift, I was constantly told to do more as though I slacked off all night. My manager once attempted to work a 3rd shift to show me that all of it could be done. He failed to complete even 50% of the work, but still tried to use it as an example. The co-workers were also sub-par. Only a few were good people. Most were petty and dramatic, constantly talking about each other behind their backs. Working here is the only time in my life I have had the urge to roundhouse kick an old lady in the head. My first day of training in the store, the girl showing me around was trying to get the other girl working there fired. She told me the other girl would steal from customers (I worked with her most nights, and she never stole anything). Also, the place was dirty and disgusting. Several times in the year I worked there I caught contagious diseases from other workers, including strep throat. I was also told that before I worked there, a girl in the food area had scabies with open sores all over her arms and continued to work. Additionally, I developed a repetitive stress injury in my feet due to the concrete floors and lack of break times.  more... I now have to wear corrective shoes that cost $150 and may not be healed for many more months.  less
Pros
free drink refills in company mug, discounts on some food items
Cons
the people, the place, the job in general