Country Fair

Country Fair Employer Reviews

Deli Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee), Meadville, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: close to home at the time and discounts on food.
Cons: the fear of drive offs at the pumps.
Taking care of customers, always keeping my work station well stocked and clean. Both co-workers and management were great to work with. Hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable thing was to work with positive and motivated people.
Fun atmosphere with
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Warren, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: fun-filled environment, very nice people
Cons: long hours (sometimes 10-15 hour shifts), heavy lifting tasks
A typical day at work for me was a multitude of tasks that were given to me by my supervisor. I juggled the different tasks quite well and learned to multi-task extremely well.

My co-workers were very fun to work with and most days it made the hours go by quickly. We all worked hard and learned to have fun while doing our best.
Great enviroment with alot of nive people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Corry, PAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: learn communication skills
Cons: manager
I really liked working at country fair. I love working on register it was a great job. The only thing I didn't really like was, the manager seemed to always be in a bad mood. That just made the job have a negative feel to it when she was there.
Fun Place To Work
Cashier, And Sub Fair Making Food For Customers (Former Employee), Meadville PaSeptember 27, 2014
Enjoy The Co-workers They We Easy To Get Along With. Enjoyed Interacting With Customers
Decent for ppl with high tolerance
Employee (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: discount, friendly co workers
Cons: minimum wage, team work detrimential, random hours and schedule
If hired you are required to do foodservice and register.

The schedule is not fixed and you will have random days off and you hours go up in the summer but cut back down to 20 in the winter.
good college job
food service assisant (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay
I loved the tution reimbrusement , while attending college.
The flexible schedules help me keep up with my class work, while still be able to make some money.
Horrible, Depressing, Soul-sucking Dump
FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free drink refills in company mug, discounts on some food items
Cons: the people, the place, the job in general
This was the worst job I ever had. Management was completely incompetent. Scheduled on 3rd shift by myself in the food area, I was expected to complete 80% of the prep work for the next day. Our store was next to a bar and open all night. Strippers get hungry. The extra $1 an hour for working 3rd shift was not compensation enough for all the drunken – more... idiots hitting on me all night. Although I completed more of the work than anyone else who worked the shift, I was constantly told to do more as though I slacked off all night. My manager once attempted to work a 3rd shift to show me that all of it could be done. He failed to complete even 50% of the work, but still tried to use it as an example. The co-workers were also sub-par. Only a few were good people. Most were petty and dramatic, constantly talking about each other behind their backs. Working here is the only time in my life I have had the urge to roundhouse kick an old lady in the head. My first day of training in the store, the girl showing me around was trying to get the other girl working there fired. She told me the other girl would steal from customers (I worked with her most nights, and she never stole anything). Also, the place was dirty and disgusting. Several times in the year I worked there I caught contagious diseases from other workers, including strep throat. I was also told that before I worked there, a girl in the food area had scabies with open sores all over her arms and continued to work. Additionally, I developed a repetitive stress injury in my feet due to the concrete floors and lack of break times. I now have to wear corrective shoes that cost $150 and may not be healed for many more months. – less
Amusement Park
Go Kart Track Attendant (Former Employee), Medford, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: riding go karts, and worked with kids my own age
Cons: short breaks
I would pull all the go karts out and ride them to make sure they all ran right. I would then wait for kids and families to ride and then make sure there was no bumping on the track.
Productive and adventureous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edinboro, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: discounted coffee
Cons: fuel drive offs
Learning the convenient store life was really different. I never new of all the work someone had to do to make the store function properly on a day to day process. Changing the signs for the store and all the advertisement was a full time job in and of itself.
Fast paced.
Cashier/SubFare/Cleaning (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 17, 2014
Typical day at work consisted of working the cash register or working sub fare. Cleaning/taking garbage out. I learned how to deal with customers in a face paced environment and how to work better with others. Hardest part of the job getting things done on time. Enjoyable part was the experience.
fun,exciting
Store Associate (Former Employee), Springville, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, room for advancement
Cons: people were mean at times
meant tons of people,fun,very promising,room for advancement
Good Starter job, but don't expect much management wise.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: if you work hard you get promoted quickly, incentives, recognition for good work by corporate.
Cons: everything else.
I honestly worked my butt off for this company, and I was promoted quickly. However when the time came for the person I was replacing to leave, the higher store management began treating me badly, and lying to me. They cut my hours for no reason, (my quality of work did not lessen), so I had to get another job. They then proceeded to schedule me on – more... days I couldn't work after I turned in my schedules for my other job 2 weeks in advance. (CF did theirs 2 days prior to start of work week). I quit college (dumb, i know) to purse what I thought would have been a rather lucrative store management/area management position only to be ridiculed and hated. I would never recommend working at this store in particular, seeing as how when I quit, I got screamed at in front of all employees, and a store full of customers. DONT WORK HERE. – less
it was ok
team member (Former Employee), brocton nyJanuary 17, 2014
it was ok not the best job was a typical day learned working with people management was good the hardest is stocking and enjoyale was leaving
cashier/food preperation
Cashier/Food Preparer (Former Employee), Springville, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: no health benefits
Cons: 3rd shift
Great people to work with but pay wasn't worth it, so a looked into a better paying job.
Horrible store managers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Employees are amazing, but the store manager was a nightmare
it had it's good and bad days
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Champion, OHJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: learning experience.
Cons: alot of hours
I think sometimes this job was a little stress full. But most of the time it was ok. Sometimes the customers were very ..rude and not so understanding. Other customers were very understanding and friendly, Being an assistant manager required alot of responsibilities,
A convenience store
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Meadville, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: i like to stay busy and there was always work to do.
I was a cashier, I stocked shelves and coolers and I made hoagies.
I learned that it is very important to always check dates on perishables, and how to make several different sandwiches; I enjoyed cashiering and customer service. I love to work around people.
Fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Saegertown, PANovember 26, 2013
Pros: great work atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons: didn't get near enough hours
The whole reason I left was because I just wasn't getting hours. Most weeks I would get less than 15. Other than that I loved the work because I love working with people. Management made sure everything got done but would also engage you in a conversation for a few minutes if there was free time. Never had a problem with customers or co-workers.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Shift Manager/Satellite Trainer (Former Employee), Olean, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good discount on food products
Cons: irate customers/customers with non-acceptable ids
- I trained new associates on how to run register and to also prep many different types of food products.
- I learned training and management skills.
- Management was there to help if you had any questions or needed help to finish a task.
- The hardest part of the job was irate customers/customers with no ID.
- Coaching, teaching, and training new associates – more... and watching them grow in skills and advance in the company. – less
Store Associate (Former Employee), Erie, PANovember 12, 2013
Country Fair was a good company to work for until you have a personal conflict with management and you turn management in, Once that happens you will lose your job.

1 2 3