Country Fair Employee Reviews

Interesting Place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Management changed a lot. Co-workers were either long time staying or lasted not even a year. Best part was management worked with me and my college schedule.
Just another Gas stations convenience
Sales Associate/Third Shift (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 5, 2016
Neither here or there on this company. It wasn't that bad of a job, just somedays it seemed like there was not a concern for quality over quantity. I would recommend them, and even work there again.
Counrtry-Fair over the years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAAugust 7, 2016
While I have been with Country Fair I have learned a lot about managing a store. Country Fair is a teaching company with room to grow and advancement.I enjoy working with different people and have met many over the years.The hardest part of the job is letting someone go that you really like personally but they are not for the job.
Pros
30 % fast food discount.
Fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYJuly 21, 2016
I enjoyed working there as a cashier but I honestly did not enjoy working in the deli, it was clean and elaborate but it just wasn't the job for me. The manager was an amazing person and most of the people I worked with were very nice as well.
Enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Linesville, PAJuly 18, 2016
Prepared food or ran a cash register throughout the shift. Talked to customers. I learned how to prepare food, make sure all temps are correct. How to place orders, measure gas, stock coolers and shelves. Helped prepare for inventory each time the store would have one. Interviewed, hired, and trained new employees.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Poor management skills
cheerfull staffed community store with great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 12, 2016
Working for the Country Fair Corporation was an opportunity I am extremely happy I seized. Not only was my specific store location a pleasant and upbeat environment, the corporate staff was truly a group of passionate,dedicated individuals. My coworkers and our management team worked like a well oiled machine! Everyone was respectful, cheerful and glad to be there. I take pride in saying I was part of the Country Fair Community.
Pros
close to the community, high energy, hard workers
Cons
no benifits, low promotion rate
Not a good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kane, PAJune 29, 2016
i did not like country fair. The managing at the store i worked was horrible. Im pretty sure the manage they had was sexist because he hired all women. Also the manage never took and of the problems us workers had seriously. I did learn many skills there. i learned to handle difficult situations with customers and how to help certain people with the shopping problems. The hardest part of working there was trying to get everything you needed done because the managers had you bouncing around and you had to pick up for other co-workers that were slacking. The part i did enjoy was being able to make the customers smile and help them with their needs.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Managment
Fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 15, 2016
Management was eager to train and help me to improve myself in all aspects, working there was hectic but rewarding and allowed me to work on my management skills as well as my customer service skills.
Ok
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA 16504June 5, 2016
The work environment is okay. Location is bad. Okay hours. They work around school. The customers are okay. There is nothing else to speak of.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAMay 31, 2016
Loved my job as a sales associate. Great people to work with and the supervisors are fun as well as professional. It is a place I would always consider going back to.
Where do I start
n/a (Former Employee) –  600 East State Street, Olean, NYMay 10, 2016
Management uses an absurd amount of abuse logic. Saying it was a hostile work environment would be an understatement. I watched a manager setup another employee for a correctional wright up by taking out dated products of the trash and saying that they had forgot to discard them. This type of behavior is in excusable. I have not worked there for some time now but today I stopped in and found them to be extremely hostile to their customers making snide remarks and jokes at their expense. Sadly I was not surprised, having said that if you enjoy abusing people and or being abused then feel free to apply. The store in question was 600 East State Street, Olean, NY.
Cons
do you enjoy misery?
Fun and good atmosphere
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work was meeting new people, laughing and just being there to assist the customers. I've learned a lot with the register, inventory, etc. The management was good and the co-workers were fun and reliable. The hardest part about the job was if you got an "angry" customers and have to try and suit his needs. The most enjoyable part was meeting all new people.
Pros
Meeting new faces
Cons
No benefits
Working at the register, or working in the sub fair,and stocking the cooler.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 3, 2015
The day starts with prep on the register it starts with counting your drawer putting out the newspapers and facing the store. The prep for sub fair begins with turning on the oven pulling breakfast and setting up the fountain machine. On the register you will ring out customers for the day. In the sub fair you make breakfast, lunch, and subs throughout the shift
Pros
The shifts are flexible
Cons
you might not get a break at all and you might have to work every holiday
simple easy job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYOctober 27, 2015
run the register and gas pumps and then make food for customers clean the store count the drawers and then go home. Did not learn much except how much people gossip. the management there needs to have training on how to positively interact with their workers. The other co-workers are fine until you are doing things better then they are then they plot to get you fired.
Pros
Cons
no discounts for working there.
Excellent learning opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie PASeptember 9, 2015
Horrible coworkers but a great place to work. Excellent learning opportunity. Many hours available at the time.I wouldn't mind working there again, except for the fact that there is a whole new team and I would be starting fresh not knowing anybody.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie PASeptember 4, 2015
get breakfast ready for customers. make coffee, continue to replenish coffee and breakfast till lunch, then get subfare and pizzas ready for lunch, clean breakfast items. continue making pizzas and subs as ordered. clean up station. help on register.
I learned how to be part of a team and how to handle customers, also how to use the ovens and other items in the store.
management at our store was the best you could ask for they were always there to help and didnt make you feel as if you were lower than them.
my co-workers were like family. we all worked together and became very good friends with whom I am still friends with today.
I would say that the hardest part of my job would have to have been stocking the cooler, because it got real cold and there was not much room to move around in there.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my friends and feel comfortable. it really was a family oriented place to work. we all liked each other and were happy with our jobs.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and steady customers
Cons
lottery
It was alright place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NY 14063September 2, 2015
a typical day at work is chaotic with customers and fellow employees and the benefits were minimal and management was horrible
Pros
the customers
benefits
No advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, PAJuly 28, 2015
I polished my customer service skills and organization skills. hardest part was not having steady work hours. stocked coolers, prepared food and completed sales transactions
An okay company to work for
Sales Associate/ Food Service (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 3, 2015
It has it's ups and downs. Mostly downs, not somewhere I see myself forever. Management is bipolar, co workers are decent. Hardest part of jobs is the third shift crowd
Upbeat atmosphere and enjoyed working with customers
Sub-fair Worker (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAMay 19, 2015
My workday would usually start in the afternoon and include the dinner rush. Some nights I would work the night shift and that included the breakfast rush. It was like working in a well oiled machine. There would be food prep for foods that were sold at the self service cooler and food prep for a customer's exact needs on the spot. Plenty of cleaning and checking temperatures of all coolers and freezers. Checking dates of food. Filling all self service counters to always look full and fresh. I loved working with my co-workers we were a huge team. Each of us had different strengths that helped make up for any weaknesses in the group. Our manager was devoted to his job and made sure to show appreciation towards everyone. The hardest part of my job might have been the safety of it. If working at night the women staff parked near the front of the store, and/or, were walked out by a fellow male co-worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers. I loved meeting new people, and then seeing them again as a regular visitor. Many customers commented on my service, and enjoyed my polite banter while completing an order. I achieved the 2014 customer service award, and only had worked there for a few months, instead of those who had been there much longer.

2.4