Country Fair Employee Reviews

cheerfull staffed community store with great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 12, 2016
Working for the Country Fair Corporation was an opportunity I am extremely happy I seized. Not only was my specific store location a pleasant and upbeat environment, the corporate staff was truly a group of passionate,dedicated individuals. My coworkers and our management team worked like a well oiled machine! Everyone was respectful, cheerful and glad to be there. I take pride in saying I was part of the Country Fair Community.
Pros
close to the community, high energy, hard workers
Cons
no benifits, low promotion rate
Counrtry-Fair over the years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAAugust 7, 2016
While I have been with Country Fair I have learned a lot about managing a store. Country Fair is a teaching company with room to grow and advancement.I enjoy working with different people and have met many over the years.The hardest part of the job is letting someone go that you really like personally but they are not for the job.
Pros
30 % fast food discount.
Where do I start
n/a (Former Employee) –  600 East State Street, Olean, NYMay 10, 2016
Management uses an absurd amount of abuse logic. Saying it was a hostile work environment would be an understatement. I watched a manager setup another employee for a correctional wright up by taking out dated products of the trash and saying that they had forgot to discard them. This type of behavior is in excusable. I have not worked there for some time now but today I stopped in and found them to be extremely hostile to their customers making snide remarks and jokes at their expense. Sadly I was not surprised, having said that if you enjoy abusing people and or being abused then feel free to apply. The store in question was 600 East State Street, Olean, NY.
Cons
do you enjoy misery?
Enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Linesville, PAJuly 18, 2016
Prepared food or ran a cash register throughout the shift. Talked to customers. I learned how to prepare food, make sure all temps are correct. How to place orders, measure gas, stock coolers and shelves. Helped prepare for inventory each time the store would have one. Interviewed, hired, and trained new employees.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Poor management skills
Fun and good atmosphere
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work was meeting new people, laughing and just being there to assist the customers. I've learned a lot with the register, inventory, etc. The management was good and the co-workers were fun and reliable. The hardest part about the job was if you got an "angry" customers and have to try and suit his needs. The most enjoyable part was meeting all new people.
Pros
Meeting new faces
Cons
No benefits
Interesting Place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Management changed a lot. Co-workers were either long time staying or lasted not even a year. Best part was management worked with me and my college schedule.
This job helped me gain/improve skills in the job place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 20, 2016
i went to work usually 2nd shift ,came in 20 minutes early to have a light snack before clocking in.starting the day by first checking time and temp log, continuing task sheet ,while greeting and helping customers with a 30 min lunch,back on task prepping for cold and hot items ,lastly ,at the end of the shift there were dishes and floors to be washed.then clocked out.
Pros
employee discount, good hours
Not a good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kane, PAJune 29, 2016
i did not like country fair. The managing at the store i worked was horrible. Im pretty sure the manage they had was sexist because he hired all women. Also the manage never took and of the problems us workers had seriously. I did learn many skills there. i learned to handle difficult situations with customers and how to help certain people with the shopping problems. The hardest part of working there was trying to get everything you needed done because the managers had you bouncing around and you had to pick up for other co-workers that were slacking. The part i did enjoy was being able to make the customers smile and help them with their needs.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Managment
Fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 15, 2016
Management was eager to train and help me to improve myself in all aspects, working there was hectic but rewarding and allowed me to work on my management skills as well as my customer service skills.
Just another Gas stations convenience
Sales Associate/Third Shift (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 5, 2016
Neither here or there on this company. It wasn't that bad of a job, just somedays it seemed like there was not a concern for quality over quantity. I would recommend them, and even work there again.
enjoy working with the public
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PANovember 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the public. One of the things i liked most was i was always busy. I learned how to operate the lottery.
simple easy job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYOctober 27, 2015
run the register and gas pumps and then make food for customers clean the store count the drawers and then go home. Did not learn much except how much people gossip. the management there needs to have training on how to positively interact with their workers. The other co-workers are fine until you are doing things better then they are then they plot to get you fired.
Pros
Cons
no discounts for working there.
Fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYJuly 21, 2016
I enjoyed working there as a cashier but I honestly did not enjoy working in the deli, it was clean and elaborate but it just wasn't the job for me. The manager was an amazing person and most of the people I worked with were very nice as well.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAMay 31, 2016
Loved my job as a sales associate. Great people to work with and the supervisors are fun as well as professional. It is a place I would always consider going back to.
Stressful and poorly managed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union City, PAOctober 5, 2013
I've worked for this company for roughly a year now, the managers spend 95% of their time hiding in their office texting and making personal calls; meanwhile the rest of us have to work twice as hard to pick up their slack just to keep the place run somewhat decently. The pay is horrible and the max you can get for a raise is a quarter a year.... There is no way to make a living working at this place unless you are the store manager or higher up
Pros
not going to miss it
Cons
short breaks, poor management, very low pay, difficult to advance.
Ok
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA 16504June 5, 2016
The work environment is okay. Location is bad. Okay hours. They work around school. The customers are okay. There is nothing else to speak of.
Fast paced
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 24, 2012
A typical day i work 4-12. I come in and pull four drawers for my shift. I then go and evaulate the store conditions and write a duty list. I over see the completion of the list threwout the day, help customers and employees. I do lottery aduits threwout the day and do a ciggarette aduit. I count drawers again and get third shift started. At midnight i pull reports of sales numbers for morning paperwork. I have learned alot about management and how to thrive in a fast paced environment. My co workers are a great team to work with and we get alot accomplished. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the volume of customers and tine management to complete all of our tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end result everyday of all the hard work put in, the condition of the store that i am leaving in comparison to what i came into and the number of sales we had.
Pros
job security
Good Starter job, but don't expect much management wise.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2014
I honestly worked my butt off for this company, and I was promoted quickly. However when the time came for the person I was replacing to leave, the higher store management began treating me badly, and lying to me. They cut my hours for no reason, (my quality of work did not lessen), so I had to get another job. They then proceeded to schedule me on days I couldn't work after I turned in my schedules for my other job 2 weeks in advance. (CF did theirs 2 days prior to start of work week). I quit college (dumb, i know) to purse what I thought would have been a rather lucrative store management/area management position only to be ridiculed and hated. I would never recommend working at this store in particular, seeing as how when I quit, I got screamed at in front of all employees, and a store full of customers. DONT WORK HERE.
Pros
If you work hard you get promoted quickly, incentives, recognition for good work by corporate.
Cons
Everything else.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie PASeptember 4, 2015
get breakfast ready for customers. make coffee, continue to replenish coffee and breakfast till lunch, then get subfare and pizzas ready for lunch, clean breakfast items. continue making pizzas and subs as ordered. clean up station. help on register.
I learned how to be part of a team and how to handle customers, also how to use the ovens and other items in the store.
management at our store was the best you could ask for they were always there to help and didnt make you feel as if you were lower than them.
my co-workers were like family. we all worked together and became very good friends with whom I am still friends with today.
I would say that the hardest part of my job would have to have been stocking the cooler, because it got real cold and there was not much room to move around in there.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my friends and feel comfortable. it really was a family oriented place to work. we all liked each other and were happy with our jobs.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and steady customers
Cons
lottery
It was alright place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NY 14063September 2, 2015
a typical day at work is chaotic with customers and fellow employees and the benefits were minimal and management was horrible
Pros
the customers
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Fair. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4