Country Fair Employee Reviews

Productive, fun working environment
Assisant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 22, 2017
Country fair is a company that will help you grow into something better, I started out as a regular associate and I've since then have moved up to assistant manager I've been with this company for 5 years, looking for a good job highly recommend country fair.
Nice place to work. Enjoyed working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I liked it. Good people good environment. Sometimes it got hard to deal with making sure people came in to pay for there gas. If there was a drive off we got blamed for it and it frustrated me.
Normal day
Maintance (Former Employee) –  Springville, NYJanuary 16, 2017
My typical day would start with me sweeping the floors and washing tables also had to empty garbage cans after which I took a measuring stick outside to dip the gas tanks to see the how full they were a recorded it on a day to day sheet for the store manager. In winter had to shovel the front side walk and dust snow off the pumps.
Disorganized Management and Sexism
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, ILJanuary 12, 2017
The manager in the the produce section was sexist. He told me constantly that women don't need to go to school and they we were all crazy. The owner is rude to the employees. There was some good people in management but overall poor.
enjoy working with the public
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PANovember 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the public. One of the things i liked most was i was always busy. I learned how to operate the lottery.
This job helped me gain/improve skills in the job place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 20, 2016
i went to work usually 2nd shift ,came in 20 minutes early to have a light snack before clocking in.starting the day by first checking time and temp log, continuing task sheet ,while greeting and helping customers with a 30 min lunch,back on task prepping for cold and hot items ,lastly ,at the end of the shift there were dishes and floors to be washed.then clocked out.
Pros
employee discount, good hours
Interesting Place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Management changed a lot. Co-workers were either long time staying or lasted not even a year. Best part was management worked with me and my college schedule.
Just another Gas stations convenience
Sales Associate/Third Shift (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 5, 2016
Neither here or there on this company. It wasn't that bad of a job, just somedays it seemed like there was not a concern for quality over quantity. I would recommend them, and even work there again.
Counrtry-Fair over the years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAAugust 7, 2016
While I have been with Country Fair I have learned a lot about managing a store. Country Fair is a teaching company with room to grow and advancement.I enjoy working with different people and have met many over the years.The hardest part of the job is letting someone go that you really like personally but they are not for the job.
Pros
30 % fast food discount.
Fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYJuly 21, 2016
I enjoyed working there as a cashier but I honestly did not enjoy working in the deli, it was clean and elaborate but it just wasn't the job for me. The manager was an amazing person and most of the people I worked with were very nice as well.
Enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Linesville, PAJuly 18, 2016
Prepared food or ran a cash register throughout the shift. Talked to customers. I learned how to prepare food, make sure all temps are correct. How to place orders, measure gas, stock coolers and shelves. Helped prepare for inventory each time the store would have one. Interviewed, hired, and trained new employees.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Poor management skills
cheerfull staffed community store with great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 12, 2016
Working for the Country Fair Corporation was an opportunity I am extremely happy I seized. Not only was my specific store location a pleasant and upbeat environment, the corporate staff was truly a group of passionate,dedicated individuals. My coworkers and our management team worked like a well oiled machine! Everyone was respectful, cheerful and glad to be there. I take pride in saying I was part of the Country Fair Community.
Pros
close to the community, high energy, hard workers
Cons
no benifits, low promotion rate
Not a good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kane, PAJune 29, 2016
i did not like country fair. The managing at the store i worked was horrible. Im pretty sure the manage they had was sexist because he hired all women. Also the manage never took and of the problems us workers had seriously. I did learn many skills there. i learned to handle difficult situations with customers and how to help certain people with the shopping problems. The hardest part of working there was trying to get everything you needed done because the managers had you bouncing around and you had to pick up for other co-workers that were slacking. The part i did enjoy was being able to make the customers smile and help them with their needs.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Managment
Fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 15, 2016
Management was eager to train and help me to improve myself in all aspects, working there was hectic but rewarding and allowed me to work on my management skills as well as my customer service skills.
Ok
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA 16504June 5, 2016
The work environment is okay. Location is bad. Okay hours. They work around school. The customers are okay. There is nothing else to speak of.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAMay 31, 2016
Loved my job as a sales associate. Great people to work with and the supervisors are fun as well as professional. It is a place I would always consider going back to.
Where do I start
n/a (Former Employee) –  600 East State Street, Olean, NYMay 10, 2016
Management uses an absurd amount of abuse logic. Saying it was a hostile work environment would be an understatement. I watched a manager setup another employee for a correctional wright up by taking out dated products of the trash and saying that they had forgot to discard them. This type of behavior is in excusable. I have not worked there for some time now but today I stopped in and found them to be extremely hostile to their customers making snide remarks and jokes at their expense. Sadly I was not surprised, having said that if you enjoy abusing people and or being abused then feel free to apply. The store in question was 600 East State Street, Olean, NY.
Cons
do you enjoy misery?
Fun and good atmosphere
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work was meeting new people, laughing and just being there to assist the customers. I've learned a lot with the register, inventory, etc. The management was good and the co-workers were fun and reliable. The hardest part about the job was if you got an "angry" customers and have to try and suit his needs. The most enjoyable part was meeting all new people.
Pros
Meeting new faces
Cons
No benefits
Working at the register, or working in the sub fair,and stocking the cooler.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 3, 2015
The day starts with prep on the register it starts with counting your drawer putting out the newspapers and facing the store. The prep for sub fair begins with turning on the oven pulling breakfast and setting up the fountain machine. On the register you will ring out customers for the day. In the sub fair you make breakfast, lunch, and subs throughout the shift
Pros
The shifts are flexible
Cons
you might not get a break at all and you might have to work every holiday
simple easy job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gerry, NYOctober 27, 2015
run the register and gas pumps and then make food for customers clean the store count the drawers and then go home. Did not learn much except how much people gossip. the management there needs to have training on how to positively interact with their workers. The other co-workers are fine until you are doing things better then they are then they plot to get you fired.
Pros
Cons
no discounts for working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Fair. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5