COUNTRY FINANCIAL

COUNTRY FINANCIAL Employer Reviews

Great Company
FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Bend, ORDecember 22, 2014
Just make sure you are ready for an outside sales position, people don't come to you looking for insurance, you must go to them and talk them into the sale.
Customer interaction and service are in the forefront with COUNTRY Financial
Customer Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: never boring, never know what a call is going to bring
Cons: micromanagement
Most enjoyable part of this position is helping our customers get what they need in an accurate and timely fashion.
There is enormous upside if you are willing to put in the hours.
Licensed Financial Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 11, 2014
There is not a ton of upward mobility, and they reserve the right to change both the metrics that you are evaluated on and the available clients you can work with at their will.
Easy going atmosphere
Insurance Production Assistant (Current Employee), Carlyle, ILNovember 13, 2014
Working for 2 financial reps and enjoy what I do. Enjoy working with all the clients and being able to help and assist them in anyway possible.
Great boss
Agency Office Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILOctober 28, 2014
I was fortunate to have a great mentor and friend in my boss at COUNTRY. She taught me everything she knows about insurance and made it easy for me to ask her the right questions about the job.
worked with new rep
Customer Service (Former Employee), Buffalo, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: new rep was not given big enough book of business
Country Financial as a whole - great company - push very hard to new representatives
Stressful/Rewarding
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: freedom to run your own business
Cons: stressfull and competitive
Country has potential to be a great career. However, it is very competitive. It is hard to get ahead, but if you do, the earning potential is unlimited.
Not enough support from agent
CSR (Former Employee), Watkinsville, GAOctober 4, 2014
Cons: very long hours
Hardest part of the job was that agents were not present in the office
Was a good place to work
Personal Lines Account Underwriter (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: division closed
Team atmosphere. Unfortunately, Minnesota division was closed.
Place where I can Enhance my skills
Manual & Automation Tester (QTP) (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 28, 2014
It was nice learning experience there. I did manual and Automation testing there
Contractor
Data Communications Analyst (Former Employee), Normal, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great company
I was just a contractor for Country, good co-workers. Wish I could have stayed within the company, but but contract was allowed to expire
Enjoyed helping the customers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pahrump, NVJune 19, 2014
Pros: office atmosphere
Cons: low salary, unpaid holidays, no benefits
A typical day would be coming in to my desk and answering the phones. I would greet all the walk-in customers and help them with their needs and payments, doing quotes, or directing them to the Agent, who is my boss. I handle the mail and am the office Notary.

There are only 2 of us in the office. I am continually learning all about the insurance business.

I don't find anything difficult about this job, other than coming across things I haven't learned yet. Once in awhile there is an unpleasant customer.

I do enjoy working with the customers.
OK, but not the best
Underwriter (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly people
Cons: benefits, time off, promotions were non-existent
The office was very conservative. If you didn't work in the home offices in Illinois or were on the sales force, they basically could have cared less about you. It's a tough market, so they bend over backwards for their customers (good) and sales force (not so good). The work schedule was nice and flexible. The pay, time off, benefits, opportunity for advancement were poor.
Reputable company with broad product base.
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Southern IllinoisApril 21, 2014
Reputable company that provides comprehensive training upon hiring. Very tough benchmarks and many systems are outdated and not user friendly. Numerous levels of management that sometimes are difficult to navigate. Fun culture and work/life balance.
fun first job
Intern (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 17, 2014
great opps and you can work with friends and learn great trades to business
Corporate society with great benefits
Representative Response Unit (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: does not make you feel like part of a family organization
Country Financial is a good place to work if you are interested in working in the corporate insurance industry. It is a big enough company where there is a few possibilities for advancement but it does not offer as many opportunities as larger companies. It does have great benefits but you feel like just a number in the crowd.
Great place to sell insurance
Financial Representative/Agent (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: helped people, formed some great relationships, job freedom
Cons: long hours, life/work balance, lots of rejection
The management is very helpful and the company is very loyal. If you're interested in getting into the business Country Financial is a great place to look. They train you and get you up to speed so you can grow your business. The job does require dedication and you put in some long hours. The payoff is you get to help people and make money doing it.
Fun corporate atmosphere
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: advancing opportunities
Large company with a small company atmosphere. Management has an open door policy and promotes inclusion. All departments work together to achieve the companies performance metrics.
Not my kind of job
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Elko, NVFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed learning the auto insurance business.
I didn't like that I felt like my job mostly consisted of calling clients to have them come in and meet with the Agents so they could sell them additional products. I felt like a telemarketer.
work place
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: part time work
Cons: never had enough o do
Employer liked to keep bus, but never had work to do. employer never showed up. he was always gone.

1 2 3 4

About COUNTRY FINANCIAL

COUNTRY was founded in 1925 when a group of Illinois Agricultural Association members developed an organization to provide fire – Read more

COUNTRY FINANCIAL Photos