COUNTRY FINANCIAL

COUNTRY FINANCIAL Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but high turnover.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: Super great middle management. Very relaxed and helpful employees
Cons: Its very very hard to get a permanent position.
It is a great place to work, but the upper management is heavily biased AGAINST internal employees. They would prefer to have nothing but external contract employees overseas.
Great learning experiance
Secretary (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Short breaks and understaffed
A typical day at work consisted of answering phones, customer service, making appointments and filing. Loved working there but needed to relocate due to husbands health.
Very Stressful
Claims Representative/Customer Service CCO (Former Employee), Alphreatta, GAMay 23, 2015
A typical work day is stressful from the moment you come in to the time you leave. They do not like to pay for OT so get as much done as you can in your shift and leave when you're scheduled. cause if you're clocked in or not you're not getting that OT as a hourly employee.
Balanced workplace with poor management
Helpdesk Consultant (Current Employee), Bloomington, IllionoisMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, decent compensation
Cons: Bad planning and management vision, unstable environment, very little job security
Country was a great place to work initially, however, with the new reorganization under the new CIO, things have gone south. Other employees feel less happy, and there is very little direction as far as where the company is going, and what peoples new roles are to be. This creates a very negative environment, and overall, less gets done. Hopefully things will change, but with the new outsourcing vision, things aren't looking great for the company.
Great Way to Meet People
Insurance & Financial Representative (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
In this sales position, I was able to interact with many people to help them find the appropriate insurance and financial solution. It was fast paced and exciting. The most difficult part was the challenge to meet sales goals: "You're only as good as your next sale". Overall a great place to work if sales is your fortay.
Poor Compensation and No Benefits
Licensed Agent Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee), Godfrey, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: pay and benefits
I worked as an Agent Assistant for a local COUNTRY Financial agency. They lured me in with promised pay increases. They worked me like a dog and then refused to increase my compensation as was promised prior to accepting employment there. Working for an agency offers no insurance benefits, pension or 401K and very low compensation.
The computer quoting system is like a dinosaur since it is dos based and very slow moving.
The home office cut a lot of their support staff making wait times for HO support very lengthy.
I loved the work and the customers, just not who I worked for.
It's a revolving door.
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: have to be doing business all day every day in order to succeed
Simply put, there is a reason why they are always hiring. New employees every couple of weeks and they leave just as fast as they come in.
Used to be a stable company
Technology Services (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNMarch 10, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: lacks vision, treats employees with cool disdain
Management treats their employees poorly and in turn employees don’t trust management. There is little to no opportunity for advancement. The company lacks diversity. Creativity in employees is not appreciated and frequently punished. If you follow directions, don't ask questions, don't try to improve yourself, work like crazy, and hope to be laid off after you hit 50, it could be the perfect job. The biggest advantage of the company was its stability but with three straight years of layoffs, that can no longer be said. On a positive note, company benefits and pay are very good.
Work hard
Insurance and Financial Management Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: i really felt like they did want me to succeed going through the training
Cons: they have training, but unfortunately it wasn't on how to get referrals which is the life blood of a new agent.
I would say in general Insurance is a difficult industry to get a foot hold. There were many people I knew who didn't get a book of business and a few that did. The ones that did get a book of business are still in the insurance field. There are a lot fewer that made it with out that help. This would definitely be sales position unlike others that requires a certain type of personality in my humble opinion.
Make sure that you have a large friend base that you can call on to sell insurance to to get your start. My experience with this company was a little on the disappointed side as I really wanted to make it my career but didn't quite understand at the time how to get my book of business going. I would just recommend learning *quickly* how to get referrals because every person that you don't move to your book of business is a step closer to you leaving the company...unless you have some other source (that works for you) in getting leads.
I would just make sure to talk with the sales reps of any insurance company and ask how many agents have made a career out of it in the last 10 years to get an idea of what type of motivation you will need to make it in the industry.
High Turnover
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great people for coworkers
Cons: combobulated systems and management
Great cokworkers! It feels like family.

Combobulated work systems! You will pull your hair out working with their systems.

Dysfunctional Management.
Flexible work environment
Senior Collaboration Services Engineer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 9, 2015
I've found COUNTRY Financial to be a fair company to work for with a value placed on work/life balance as well as diversity in the workplace.
Nice and Chill
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Typically we were in our own cubicles making calls to people and it was cool. I loved the fact that on Tuesdays and Thursdays we would go for walks around the building. I really enjoyed my time there.
Great Company
FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Bend, ORDecember 22, 2014
Just make sure you are ready for an outside sales position, people don't come to you looking for insurance, you must go to them and talk them into the sale.
Customer interaction and service are in the forefront with COUNTRY Financial
Customer Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: never boring, never know what a call is going to bring
Cons: micromanagement
Most enjoyable part of this position is helping our customers get what they need in an accurate and timely fashion.
There is enormous upside if you are willing to put in the hours.
Licensed Financial Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 11, 2014
There is not a ton of upward mobility, and they reserve the right to change both the metrics that you are evaluated on and the available clients you can work with at their will.
Easy going atmosphere
Insurance Production Assistant (Current Employee), Carlyle, ILNovember 13, 2014
Working for 2 financial reps and enjoy what I do. Enjoy working with all the clients and being able to help and assist them in anyway possible.
Great boss
Agency Office Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILOctober 28, 2014
I was fortunate to have a great mentor and friend in my boss at COUNTRY. She taught me everything she knows about insurance and made it easy for me to ask her the right questions about the job.
worked with new rep
Customer Service (Former Employee), Buffalo, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: new rep was not given big enough book of business
Country Financial as a whole - great company - push very hard to new representatives
Stressful/Rewarding
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: freedom to run your own business
Cons: stressfull and competitive
Country has potential to be a great career. However, it is very competitive. It is hard to get ahead, but if you do, the earning potential is unlimited.
Not enough support from agent
CSR (Former Employee), Watkinsville, GAOctober 4, 2014
Cons: very long hours
Hardest part of the job was that agents were not present in the office
Headquarters