COUNTRY Financial Employee Reviews

Change is Company Philosophy
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 14, 2017
Country Financial changed their philosophy, in short they overreacted to the DOL ruling, limiting representatives to what we could offer clients, in addition, they changed they also changed the compensation schedule, and removed Fund lineups which left minimal options to offer.
Pros
Large company
Cons
cutthroat, Managers too worried about meeting goals for their next bonus trip
Good place to grow
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 11, 2017
Strong work ethic with all employees. Manager keeps everyone up to date and competing in the market place. Weekly sales meetings for new ideas and accountability.
Fun place to work. Great opportunity for advancement
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed the culture, and the mission of the company. there was continued education available , paid time off and a great benefits package. I found that the reps could be very caddy and that management at that time was just as bad. Unprofessional, and inexperienced.
Pros
Great opportunity, pay
Cons
Management was not great
Overworked
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Unrealistic expectations
Too much work not enough employees

Unrealistic requirements of work production

The norm was many hours to get the work done

No movement for employees
Stressful and forced to leave position because of corporate realignment
Agency Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
The last few years of employment was very uncomfortable as I was expected to do the job of some of the representatives I was assigned to support. These people would not come into the office for extended periods of days nor would they even contact the assistant. Not happy with the way I was treated when being displaced. They did not even contact me to say good-by.
Pros
medical benefits and decent salary
Cons
management does not back-up its administrative staff
No Benefits
Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 18, 2017
A typical day at work here is very multi tasking. I have to be on my toes for the clients. Running the office can be challenging especially when you are required to make so many appointments a week.
Pros
I can't think of any.. its a job
Cons
Not family oriented, no benefits
Great company
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AKAugust 15, 2017
The best part of this company is that you look out for the best interest in your clients. I worked for an agent for 2 years and lot. The agents generaly want the best for their clients.
Not exactly what I signed up for
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ILAugust 8, 2017
I was told one thing during the interview process, and found that wasn't true. I was told I didn't have to solicit my friends and family, but I had to provide a list of 200 people I would call within my first year...that is your friends and family.
They have a system where if you don't sell enough life insurance, but you sell plenty of home or auto, you still get money taken away from you.
The worst part for me was underwriting. When you submit an application it goes to underwriting. They can deny it, or give it a higher cost, and you the agent are not informed as to why. Underwriting must sit in some black cage on top of Mt Olympus and they answer to no one. Not a very transparent company.
Pros
They offer lots of trips
Cons
Must sell what they want, not necessarily what your client wants.
Smaller Insurance Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 6, 2017
I was able to work at Country for 15 years before management changes made decisions to reduce internal employees. Externals were hired to fill many of the rolls, including mine.
Pros
Conservative company
Cons
Tough work/life balance
Great pay and benefits.
Senior Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 27, 2017
I cannot think of a better company to work for. In addition to great all around benefits COUNTRY is one of the few companies that still also offers a pension. I consider myself fortunate to work for COUNTRY.
Pros
Paid well and great benefits
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Slow-paced and repetitive job
Marketing Call Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 26, 2017
It is a great job with a great incentive program. The job is a temp position and the work flow is unpredictable at times making it difficult to keep up on bills if that is your only source of income.
Memorable in life
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 19, 2017
New way of designing, good people to interact, team collaboration, enjoyed weather and work environment. Design and develop to meet the goals and tasks assigned.
Great opportunities for advancement
Property and Casualty, Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Baden, ILJuly 15, 2017
Market all lines of insurance and assist agent in tracking business. Great support from the company with training. Great working environment, Provided opportunities for licensure in all lines of business.
Not a place I would refer to anyone to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 11, 2017
Country Financial is not a place that I would refer anyone I personally know to work. It is a place to work if you are totally out of options I suppose but then I would rather work at Burger King.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Boys Club
Great
Onsite IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. Good learning opportunities. Collaborative environment. Good exposure with Senior leadership team. No room to accommodate missed targets. Highly competitive environment.
Good
Cons
Na
it was fun
Agent (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed the overall learning experience with Country Financial. The Job atmosphere was great the people are fun and the opportunity is definitely a great one
Fun work environment but very stressful
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 29, 2017
Had to do a lot of cold calls and buy my own leads. I had to build my own customer base which a great learning experience but also very stressful.

I enjoyed the people I worked with the most.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Stress of meeting sales goals
I like working at Country Financial
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILJune 22, 2017
I liked working at Country Financial. I feel that making applicants complete this review is totally unnecessary and waste applicants time. This step really gives me pause when using indeed.com
Good Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILJune 22, 2017
High demanding but rewarding company. Auto and home insurance is very competitive. Life depends on the client. Retirement investments are okay. The home office provides lots of assistance for any question you have. Great support group.
Great Company!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 21, 2017
Great manager and people. Loved it, moved out of state and couldn't transfer as there were no locations available. Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COUNTRY Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9