Country Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Productive and diversified working environment.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Working in the hotel business was a great experience. You encountered a diversified clientele and it was very rewarding in servicing the public.
I was the night auditor in which I ran the reports for the daily activitties, checked in guest, made guest reservations, took payments, book the Gala for weddings, reunions, graduations, showers (Bridal and Baby), meetings for variance companies.
Pros
You met a variety of people from different nationalities. Excellent establishment to work for.
Cons
No healthcare or 401K plan
I am enjoying my New Position
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 3, 2016
This is very interesting job and you have to deal with sustomer so you will learn so may things and i am lucky that i have very good management to work with.
Great place to start
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
The country Inn is a good place to work, but it needs some improvement in certain places. I enjoy working with the guests, but the job can become stressful at times.
Stressful
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNNovember 14, 2015
Answer phones that were hard to hear on or that would beep in your ear. Check customers in or out. Laundry. Have program that does not have only one option. Have no set time on hours in a day.
Cons
No breaks.
Great work environment, fun co-workers, flexible scheduel
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 10, 2015
This is a great first job for anyone who is younger and looking for some extra cash. The hours are relatively flexible, and you typically don't have to work holidays. The work load is not for the lighthearted though. The work is hard, and takes some getting used to, but it is definitely do-able. You get a good amount of breaks throughout the work day and co-workers are really easy to get along with.
Pros
free breakfast and cookies
Cons
hands on work
Big no
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2015
I loved this place at first, but slowly it started to be as if I was working as a slave, no benefits, no breaks, no days off, poor pay.
It was something to hold me over at the time.
Front Desk & Breakfast Concierge (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAOctober 19, 2015
The company didn't really care about their employees. The co-workers were not very friendly. No chance at advancement.
Family owned Hotel.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 16, 2015
It was a nice place to work with flexible hours on the maintenance staff but when it got slow, that's when the issues occurred. Owners wanted to either cut your hours or have you do partial hours at other properties they own. Over all I enjoyed it but there was no benefits and the pay was for a entry level tech, not a seasoned one.
Pros
Flexible hours, Open door policy with the owner, monthly gas allowance
Cons
Micro Managing, going from property to property, no benefits, entry level pay
it's ok
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2015
It always an interesting day here from the staff to the management. If you're not on your not prepared the guest will room all over you
Guest Service Rep
GUEST SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 12, 2015
Typically my day involved making reservations, check-ins/outs, and payment processing. I learned a little more about AR/AP. Management wasn't so great, as I found myself teaching my GM how to run a hotel and manage staff.
My other coworkers were good people. The hardest part of the job was not being fairly compensated for the work that I put in.
The best part of the job was working with the guests and making my contribution to the team, making the hotel run smoothly.
Pros
Guest interaction
Cons
Lack of room for advancement, poor management
Decent place to work
General Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHOctober 9, 2015
Fun place with a relaxed environment to work. Some days were short due to the amount of guests, some were longer. Understanding management when it came to personal life/problems. Really no room to grow as an employee.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
short work days and low wages
Not a good place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 7, 2015
The work is not hard. This is not a job for someone who is used to being fast paced. You have lots of time doing nothing but standing behind a counter.
The Front desk staff are all OK to work with, but the Management sucks. The General Manager is only out for herself. She stabs people in the back and fires people left and right in order to hire her own family members in their place.
I would not recommend that anyone work for the Country Inn & Suites in Enid, OK due to Management and Ownership.
country inn and suites
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 30, 2015
i really enjoy working for them they treat there employees just as well as they treat the customers. also they're work environment is amazing everybody gets along with everybody.
Pros
benefits work enviroment
Good job at first.
Front-desk Auditor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 23, 2015
I was hired on on my birthday of 01-03-2014. At first, my hours were about 30-40 hours per week. I learned a lot about the job and picked up on many things very quickly. Two months later, the hotel owner sold the property to another owner. They kept the same employees except for the hotel manager. I had to help train the new hotel manager and show him everything I new about the job. After several months, the new manager began to hire several more front-desk auditors and reduced several employee's scheduled hours. My scheduled hours went down from 40 hours per week to about 20 hours per week. They then reduced my hours again to about 10 hours per week. By then, I have had enough with that job and put in my two-week notice to leave the position.
Pros
Clientele was great.
Cons
Went through different owners and managers. Low hours.
stressful due to renovation
Guest service representative /Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  charlotte ncSeptember 15, 2015
day starts at 6am
reports check ins check outs, reservation
assist a team of 7 desk employees
work with house keeping staff maintenance, and houseman to make sure the property is at its best on a daily
Great Experience
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 26, 2015
provided professional and courteous customer service to arriving, departing and in-house guest.
• Trained employees.
• Overhead of eight employees (including housekeeping staff)
• Responsible of hotel inventory.
• Made Sales calls to local companies and businesses
• Booked large events, and booked the meeting room.
• Responsible for remedying customer issues.
• Responsible for customer financial transactions and cash deposits
Good learning experience.
Laundry and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 8, 2015
Working here was awful but I did learn somethings about work, people and who I want to be. I know that I was not ok with watching others slack off while I worked my butt off but the company was. The best and worst experience ever.
Pros
Good breaks, good learning experience
Cons
Disrespect coworkers, poor pay, not fulfilling
Easy Job, Great experience
Night Auditor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 27, 2015
great job. good shift hours. alot of downtime. most work is done in less than 2 hours. meaning you have 6 hours left to watch hulu
Great job and great work enviroment
Shuttle Driver/Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2015
A typical day would consist of checking the drop offs and drop in list and making sure the customer have a safe drop off or drop in and insure they have a proper check - in or check out into the hotel.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Front Desk
Front Desk Agent, Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2015
Best team ever, they are really nice and they work with your schedule. Nice people and really helpful. One of the best hotels around that area, if not, the best