COUNTRY INN & SUITES

COUNTRY INN & SUITES Employer Reviews

Good place to work at with great learning tools
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, and excellent educational training tools for this industry
Cons: no benefits whatsoever ie. no health insurance provided by the company, no paid vacations
I have been working at this job for five years total and had great mentors. After three and a half years I spoke to the General Manager asking if the opportunity ever presented itself where the Front Office Manager position became available to please consider me for it. She gave me that chance. For the past two in a half years it has been a pleasure – more... to work for a company that's sole purpose is to make guests feel like they are home when they are traveling. – less
rgfswe
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 31, 2014
I was in charge of bring sales to the hotels. It was a great expereince just not the right one for me.
Fun and busy workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Marinette, WIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace, stayed busy, pool access when not working
Cons: some people would purposley slack off and have help cleaning their rooms which got frusterating
Great place to work, you come in get your rooms and start your work. When finished with our rooms we would go help whoever was in need of some assistance cleaning. Every one for the most part got along great. They also tried to work around every ones schedules for days off and on to make every one happy.
fun palce to work
Suite quality inspector, Inventory controller (Former Employee), forest lake mnOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free room
Cons: short staff
clkeanning rooms helping guest when needed. helping set up partys
A day in the country
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Concord, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: management
Country inn and suites is can be a really good place to work. However, there is a lack of structure which can be frustrating to one who tries to balance work and home. Bonds were formed with staff and owners however, better management is required.
Love working with the customers
Front Desk (Current Employee), Port Clinton, OhioOctober 22, 2014
A typical day requires making reservations. Checking in and checking out guests. Posting payments. Auditing the days shifts.
Friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: buses didn't rn on sundays
That's the most fun job I had in my life. I would love to go back and work again.
Steady and easygoing
Housekeeping (Current Employee), ColumbusOctober 20, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: little pay, strenuous work
A typical day consists of clocking in and stocking carts and reviewing our room boards to see what needs cleaned for the day. Amount can vary anywhere from 10 rooms to 24 rooms depending on business. Coworkers pretty much stay to themselves so the job isn't very fun.
very busy
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 14, 2014
Cons: only one person working at a time
this is a very busy convenience store. I learned how to use many different Point Of Sales systems and how to calculate the daily sales
Hotel Janitor
Janitor "Houseman" (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: paygrade
Typical day was mopping, vacuuming, cleaning in general all 5 floors including the basement, stairs, and elevator.
This was my first janitor position and I learned ecolab, osha, and workplace material data sheets.
Great people to work with, good job management, covering the task at hand with rewards like coffee and cookies was awesome!
Fun place to work and meet interesting people.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: room discounts
Cons: no healthcare
I enjoyed working with every one of the employees on staff. We were a small family.

The hardest part of the job is making sure all guests were satisfied while running the hotel alone.
Hotel with not much benefits or means of expanding on work experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: pleasant co-workers
Cons: no lunch breaks, no vacation/holiday pay, no insurance benefits
My typical work day at Country Inn & Suites, Duluth GA consisted of flexible working hours between 7am-11pm where I printed my daily check list, counted the cash draw, checked for over credit limits, made sure all reg. cards where printed, answered PBX switch board, made reservations, bucket checks and emailed occupancy report to management on a daily – more... basis.
I have learnt to work with the corporate lodging and various systems used by this hotel.The management team were understanding at times. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with. We got along very well.
The hardest part of the job was that the night auditor was never on time to take over my shift. And the most enjoyable part for me was meeting with the customers. It was really a pleasure meeting with new and old customers from all over the world and expanding my languages further. – less
Easy job!
Front desk (Former Employee), Duluth South - Skyline Pkwy.September 2, 2014
Pros: meet interesting people.
Morning shift: count till, check-outs, assist guests with any questions, count and balance till, deposit money in safe.
Evening shift: count till, check-ins, assist guests with any questions, count and balance till, deposit money in safe.
country inn and suite
Part Time Night Houseman (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 19, 2014
nice place to work at. everyone is kind, and looks forward to helping each other.
great
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 10, 2014
A typical day would be filling out our task sheet of what we are to do for the shift paperwork, checking guest in and checking them out, cleaning, and helping guest when needed. The hardest part o the job would be working alone. I like working with other people so being by myself gets really boring. The best part is meeting new guest would are super – more... friendly. management and coworkers are really good people to talk to in between shift changes. – less
Productive Work Place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Florence, SCAugust 1, 2014
This was a enjoyable job. I enjoy working for this company. I did my work plus anything else that needed to be done before my day was over.
Productive Work Enviroment
Sales & Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Concord, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, employee discount
Cons: health care benefits
Meet with key clients to setup special rates and offers for business professionals. Overseeing all groups that make reservations
Great Experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
I loved working at this hotel. It was a lot of fun and had a lot of opportunities to learn more about the position everyday. Loved meeting and working with all of the guests.
Isnt organized or established in many areas
Front Desk/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: no respect continuous drug use on premises lazy workers
wasnt that fun, my coworkers showed me ways to break the rules. It wasnt a great enviorment because of the people my manager hired. They all did drugs it was chaos.
good place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good hours and great enviroment
Cons: no breaks really and no advancement
time spent making cookies, answering phone calls, and checking in guests

1 2 3 4 5