COUNTRY INN & SUITES

COUNTRY INN & SUITES Employer Reviews

the people are fun to work with!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: healthcare
everyday at work can be very reparative and boring! I really didn't learn anything! but overall I like the people but not the management there!
Interesting work environment that allowed me to meet people from all over the world.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Matteson, ILFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me taking phone calls, creating arrangements for the travel of potential guests, sending and receiving faxes, and creating reservations.

At the hotel, I learned that regardless of the situation, you must do all that you can to please the customer.

At this particular location, there was only one front-desk staffed, and that individual (myself) was there completely alone. I basically had to learn what management would do, and run the hotel over night by myself. It taught me how to manage a crisis, and how to diffuse intense situations on my own without getting overwhelmed.

The hardest part of the job was not having anyone with me there.
The most enjoyable part was meeting people from every place I have dreamed of traveling to, and talking to them about what it's like to be there.
A place where it was great to work at, at first.
Maintenance worker (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
I was a houseman and maintenance, the head manintenance guy would go behind my back and tell the manager that I wasnt doing my job. Every person who came to work around him he would do and say the same thing, scared thinking someone was he's job. He would flirt with all the maids, he would even rub on them, he's wife is the head of the maids, everyone know it, but no one said anything. The Manager yells at the first desk people in front of the guests. He's hates he's job, but he stays because he's making good money and he got he's wife the Manager at the hotel next door. You won't get a raise, every good person who were good at their jobs left because of that.
Country
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Concord, NCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything else
Owners do whatever they like to whoever, they are not trust worthy. Theres no management in place, nor structure, turn over rate is sky high. work here but always remain looking elsewhere
Not a career occupation
Assistant Manager, Sales Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free coffee, discounts on franchise hotels, clean, safe environment.
Cons: ownership
The ownership insists on minimum wage for all staff, except for a privileged few. This may be negotiable at hire.

Free coffee in the lobby, although the owners cringe when you take a cup. They don't even allow for an employee discount (although Club Carlson requires it) They break many franchise rules in the interest of greed, and are notorious for treating their employees as second class citizens. (Especially the women)

They don't offer medical insurance.

The management is kind, and the general employee body are a pleasure to work with and for. The work is relatively simple and mindless. The customers are a pleasure to work with, and regulars make the hotel feel homey. The hotel is clean, safe, quiet, and if you don't mind the lack of pay, medical insurance, and perks, it is a pleasure to work there.
Fun and Friendly staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 13, 2014
It's a great place to work and there are great people to work with.
Good place to work at with great learning tools
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, and excellent educational training tools for this industry
Cons: no benefits whatsoever ie. no health insurance provided by the company, no paid vacations
I have been working at this job for five years total and had great mentors. After three and a half years I spoke to the General Manager asking if the opportunity ever presented itself where the Front Office Manager position became available to please consider me for it. She gave me that chance. For the past two in a half years it has been a pleasure to work for a company that's sole purpose is to make guests feel like they are home when they are traveling.
rgfswe
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 31, 2014
I was in charge of bring sales to the hotels. It was a great expereince just not the right one for me.
Fun and busy workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Marinette, WIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace, stayed busy, pool access when not working
Cons: some people would purposley slack off and have help cleaning their rooms which got frusterating
Great place to work, you come in get your rooms and start your work. When finished with our rooms we would go help whoever was in need of some assistance cleaning. Every one for the most part got along great. They also tried to work around every ones schedules for days off and on to make every one happy.
fun palce to work
Suite quality inspector, Inventory controller (Former Employee), forest lake mnOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free room
Cons: short staff
clkeanning rooms helping guest when needed. helping set up partys
A day in the country
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Concord, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: management
Country inn and suites is can be a really good place to work. However, there is a lack of structure which can be frustrating to one who tries to balance work and home. Bonds were formed with staff and owners however, better management is required.
Love working with the customers
Front Desk (Current Employee), Port Clinton, OhioOctober 22, 2014
A typical day requires making reservations. Checking in and checking out guests. Posting payments. Auditing the days shifts.
Friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: buses didn't rn on sundays
That's the most fun job I had in my life. I would love to go back and work again.
Steady and easygoing
Housekeeping (Current Employee), ColumbusOctober 20, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: little pay, strenuous work
A typical day consists of clocking in and stocking carts and reviewing our room boards to see what needs cleaned for the day. Amount can vary anywhere from 10 rooms to 24 rooms depending on business. Coworkers pretty much stay to themselves so the job isn't very fun.
very busy
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 14, 2014
Cons: only one person working at a time
this is a very busy convenience store. I learned how to use many different Point Of Sales systems and how to calculate the daily sales
Hotel Janitor
Janitor "Houseman" (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: paygrade
Typical day was mopping, vacuuming, cleaning in general all 5 floors including the basement, stairs, and elevator.
This was my first janitor position and I learned ecolab, osha, and workplace material data sheets.
Great people to work with, good job management, covering the task at hand with rewards like coffee and cookies was awesome!
Fun place to work and meet interesting people.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: room discounts
Cons: no healthcare
I enjoyed working with every one of the employees on staff. We were a small family.

The hardest part of the job is making sure all guests were satisfied while running the hotel alone.
Hotel with not much benefits or means of expanding on work experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: pleasant co-workers
Cons: no lunch breaks, no vacation/holiday pay, no insurance benefits
My typical work day at Country Inn & Suites, Duluth GA consisted of flexible working hours between 7am-11pm where I printed my daily check list, counted the cash draw, checked for over credit limits, made sure all reg. cards where printed, answered PBX switch board, made reservations, bucket checks and emailed occupancy report to management on a daily basis.
I have learnt to work with the corporate lodging and various systems used by this hotel.The management team were understanding at times. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with. We got along very well.
The hardest part of the job was that the night auditor was never on time to take over my shift. And the most enjoyable part for me was meeting with the customers. It was really a pleasure meeting with new and old customers from all over the world and expanding my languages further.
Easy job!
Front desk (Former Employee), Duluth South - Skyline Pkwy.September 2, 2014
Pros: meet interesting people.
Morning shift: count till, check-outs, assist guests with any questions, count and balance till, deposit money in safe.
Evening shift: count till, check-ins, assist guests with any questions, count and balance till, deposit money in safe.
country inn and suite
Part Time Night Houseman (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 19, 2014
nice place to work at. everyone is kind, and looks forward to helping each other.

1 2 3 4 5