Country Inn & Suites

Country Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Good while it lasted
IT, Night Audit, Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), normal, il.July 1, 2015
Pros: Fun job, good pay.
Cons: Forclosed.
Was a wonderful job, till the owner walked away from his mortgage. Bank took over and brought in their own people, replaced pretty much every one except for the housekeepers.
Lovely Hotel
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Quincy, ILJune 21, 2015
Pros: Helping clients and making reservations
Cons: Not enough staff
I helped get the hotel up and running when it was completely finished. Front desk was my position of choice due to me loving to me new people. There was no hard part of the job.
Loved the employees and the guest
Asst Gen Man/Asst Exec Hskp (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great people fun times
Cons: Long shifts and inconsistant scheduling
Handled guest issues, made bank deposits, trained, interviewed potential employees, checked guest in and out, headed housekeeping department 3 or 4 days a week, checked 101 rooms in hotel, placed orders with different vendors on a weekly bases to ensure that the hotel had adequate equipment, supplies and required amenities.
Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: better pay
Cons: part time to full time after new owners
Check Ins Check Outs new res c/c cash handling
management was able to work and help when help was needed
only one phone call away or on duty 27/7
typical day was 8 hour shifts phone calls about new reservations old reservations billing check ins check outs credit card authorizations cash handling slight tidy of the lobby customer service
Fun, professional work enviornment.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and baking cookies.
Cons: Being the only hotel employee present during my shift, I encounter many unruly male guests and wished we had security.
A typical night at work would be fast paste with late check-ins back to back for the first two hours then slow with lots of paper work faxing and filing for the remaining 6 hours. I learned how to use and operate the hotel's main computer program, Opera, and I feel that I learned a lot about the hospitality industry including how hotels function. The management was very nice and helpful, addressing my questions and concerns in a fast and satisfactory manner. During my shifts I was the only hotel employee present. The hardest part of the job was handling guest who wanted discounted rooms; as the newest employee, I did not have the power to provide guest(s) with room discounts (other than military, senior citizen, and AAA discounts). I truly enjoyed meeting all the travelers and regular guest. Providing amazing customer service bought me much enjoyment.
Excellent guest care
Front Desk/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 10, 2015
Night auditor.. made sure everything was done as soon I got to work, did paper work,, made reservation, clean, make coffee n set breakfast out and fantastic job on taking care of my guests to make them happy for a pleasant stay
Good for a second job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJune 4, 2015
Good job to have for a second, not that good of a pay for front desk but like I said it worked for me because it was a second job every other day.
Productive and
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 3, 2015
On the daily i would check in guests, answer questions as well as give out rates. I learned a lot about keeping track of time and setting up for a meal in a hotel. Management was fine, just wished they communicated more. My co-workers were great we well! Hardest part of the job was getting use to the software. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the guests happy!
Hard workers but terrible people skills
housekeeper (Former Employee), jacksonville, flMay 28, 2015
Very disorganized and unprofessional. Co-workers were great to work with but management was not the most pleasant. They were rude to customers and staff. Also, everyday I was missing things needed to complete my job. The schedule would change daily, leaving very little time for any other aspect of life
Very rewarding and helpful
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 27, 2015
This job was very rewarding and helped me use my people skills from check ins and check outs to entering data into a computer every day. I learned a lot more about myself and how to deal with customers on a more broad level. The management wasn't quite what I expected, the person who hired me quit two days into starting my job and so I was thrown into the job without much training. I caught on quickly with help from long time employees who worked there. The hardest part of my job was not knowing what I was doing the first week, bit the most enjoyable part was overcoming that and using my personality and work ethic to move past that and make the most of any situation that arose.
It's a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Grinnell iowaMay 11, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any. Lol
Cons: wages and scheduling
Low pay for the work you do no weekend off really can't keep people in there probably due to minimum wage coworkers r ok helpful but I'm sure it's being done without a smile and lots grumbling.
Once the hotel is remodeled, it will be a nicer place to work for both the staff and guests. It needs a lot of work and more dedicated employees
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: early, middle and late shifts; get to meet a lot of neat people from all over
Cons: no time for breaks or food during busy season, low salary
A typical day at work involves:
1. communicating with previous shift
2. count cash drawer
3. print downtime report
4. compare and contrast Rate and Occupancy with other comparable hotels in the area
5. check arrivals for the day-- do routing (payment) if necessary, communicate with housekeeping and maintenance for special requests such as a "no feather bed"
6. make sure all guests are checked out by noon (2pm for exceptions). Prepare rooms & status "gifts" for new arrivals
7. make fresh coffee every 2 hours, wrap and display cookies
8. keep stacks of all forms stocked & available
9. cashier shift close--drop cash if any
Little supervision
Bookkeeper/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 6, 2015
Pros: career growth potential high salary high
Cons: at will employer in the private sector
Handled all surety bond customers with bonding needs within a commercial insurance agency. Wrote commercial bonds for existing customers and marketing research to add new business.
Productive workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: The manager would buy us lunch on Sundays
Cons: We didn't have breaks because we only worked 5 hours.
My typical day at work would be sometimes tiresome, because you never have enough linen to work with. When you do get the linen it sometimes be attitudes with the managers like what took you so long to complete your assignment. I love working there because it was only ten minutes from home.
Interesting
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), York, PAApril 27, 2015
Not a horrible place to work because the other employees are great, but there is no chance of raises or advancement. It would make a good job for someone without kids that is fairly new to working or someone that is retired looking for a bit of extra income.
discount at other hotels
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Wilson NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: discount at other hotels
Cons: no benefit
coordinated events for people ,schedule staff days off, meeting people, focuses on increasing sales, daily inspection.
Just DON'T do it!
Front Desk (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GaApril 20, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: EVERYTHING
At the Country Inn and Suites that I worked at there is no way that I would suggest anyone to work here!! No room for advancement and management.. if you can call it that.... if they don't like you they they will do what ever they can to get rid of you!! You will be the only one on shifts and HAVE to do everything with NO advancement, compensation or positive attributes for the job that you do.
This is NOT to say the same about other Country Inn and Suites. The corporation is Amazing! Unfortunately, all of the properties are privately owned and operated.
I am asked if I approve of the CEO of Country Inn and Suites.... the answer is Yes! If I had have been asked if I approve of the Owners and Management of this specific property..... the answer is !!! NO !!!
Relax.. sit by the fire and enjoy free cookies and coffee
Front Desk Agent / Shutte Driver (Former Employee), Crystal Lake , ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Employees, You get to meet interesting guests from all over
Cons: No Lunch or Break period. Varied days and hours, No set schedule, Only one staffed employee (yourself)
Hotel Desk Attendant - taking phone calls, sending and receiving faxes,creating reservations, washing and folding a huge pile of laundry that the housekeepers leave for you to do on your shifts, checking on hotel guests, helping set up meeting rooms, cleaning meeting rooms, baking cookies and making coffee

Shuttle Driver -
Pick up and drop off guests as needed. To and from Wedding venues, bars, and varied companies in the radius of the hotel.

WE are completely alone on our PM shifts. If you have an emergency no one else is really at the hotel to assist.

The hardest part of the job was not having anyone with me.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping families with their situations.

Co workers were fun and easy to get along with.

Managers were available if you have an issue. You could call or text a manager to help with an issue on your shifts.

Low Wages

Varied Schedules

You can't leave the hotel for lunch or breaks. You do not get a set break schedule, you just eat at the desk or when you have time.

Free Cookies, Fruit and Coffee for those who drink it.

Hotel Business is not for everyone. If you enjoy working different hours, different days, and trying to handle different situations for low pay go for it.
A truly family based business.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 8, 2015
I initially was employed as their Front Desk Manager. I loved the fast pace process. The GM was aware of my interest to learn and expand in my knowledge of the industry.When working in the hospitality industry, the reality is that the peak hours will most likely be afternoons, nights and weekends, This is must, as a manager you personally want to monitor what is going on within your property. I have seen poorly run departments and almost always this is a result of poor supervision and time management of their supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the positions I have held is the long term relationships built with my employees. I have a strict policy of "work hard and well while you are here and you will be appreciated.' I have learned that positive reaffirmation creates the most productive staff production and contention within staff. My first lesson was when took over a crew of 25 banquet servers lacking direction, As a team we rebuilt the department with much higher standards and expectations.
something different each day, meeting someone new or welcoming someone back
General Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 27, 2015
Pros: do not have to clock in !!
Cons: sometimes my job requires me to be at hotel late at night, example electric went out last week
typical day in the hotel business is no such thing, from 7-3 you
are getting rooms cleaned, making sure all reservations and request
are done and fulfilled, making cookines our hotel has hot cookies
available 24/7, making sure any maintenance issues have been
taken care of, do we have our breakfast items ready for the next
morning, do we have any VIP guest, I have a great staff, there
is no hardest part of the job, we all work together what one cannot
get done the other will, it is a team.

1 2 3 4 5