Country Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Great job and great work enviroment
Shuttle Driver/Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day would consist of checking the drop offs and drop in list and making sure the customer have a safe drop off or drop in and insure they have a proper check - in or check out into the hotel.
Front Desk
Front Desk Agent, Reservation Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2015
Best team ever, they are really nice and they work with your schedule. Nice people and really helpful. One of the best hotels around that area, if not, the best
Lots of hard work but great place to work.
Executive Housekeeping (Former Employee), ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Meet new people everyday !
Cons: When the time goes by to fast, when we are doing a project like deeep cleaning.
Very active job ,lots of hard work. Great staff to work with we are like a family. Management very good people to work for. Hardest part of job is seeing people leave from their vist with us. I enjoy working hard and making everything clean and looking good for our guest and the people that work in our building.
It use to be a Wyndham and was bought out by Country Inn's & Suites
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: managers and co-workers
Cons: health care and benefits. No security at all!
Again, also a good place to work at. Great managers and co-workers. Lots of work that you have to complete in a timely manner but not enough of help.
enjoyed meeting all the guest
night audit (Former Employee), Lincoln Ne.July 5, 2015
loved meeting and talking with all guest and the stories they had about where they were from. Hardest part was never seemed to be a team effort put in from all.
Great beginner job!
Front Desk (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 3, 2015
Great place to start in the hospitality industry. Location is central to many events in Gwinnett County and property is small so the work is not overwhelming. Manager is fair with all employees and co-workers are always friendly toward each other. One of the hardest parts is paying attention to every detail because one small mistake (if not caught in time) can blow up to something outrageous.
Good while it lasted
IT, Night Audit, Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), normal, il.July 1, 2015
Pros: Fun job, good pay.
Cons: Forclosed.
Was a wonderful job, till the owner walked away from his mortgage. Bank took over and brought in their own people, replaced pretty much every one except for the housekeepers.
Lovely Hotel
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Quincy, ILJune 21, 2015
Pros: Helping clients and making reservations
Cons: Not enough staff
I helped get the hotel up and running when it was completely finished. Front desk was my position of choice due to me loving to me new people. There was no hard part of the job.
Loved the employees and the guest
Asst Gen Man/Asst Exec Hskp (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great people fun times
Cons: Long shifts and inconsistant scheduling
Handled guest issues, made bank deposits, trained, interviewed potential employees, checked guest in and out, headed housekeeping department 3 or 4 days a week, checked 101 rooms in hotel, placed orders with different vendors on a weekly bases to ensure that the hotel had adequate equipment, supplies and required amenities.
Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: better pay
Cons: part time to full time after new owners
Check Ins Check Outs new res c/c cash handling
management was able to work and help when help was needed
only one phone call away or on duty 27/7
typical day was 8 hour shifts phone calls about new reservations old reservations billing check ins check outs credit card authorizations cash handling slight tidy of the lobby customer service
Fun, professional work enviornment.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and baking cookies.
Cons: Being the only hotel employee present during my shift, I encounter many unruly male guests and wished we had security.
A typical night at work would be fast paste with late check-ins back to back for the first two hours then slow with lots of paper work faxing and filing for the remaining 6 hours. I learned how to use and operate the hotel's main computer program, Opera, and I feel that I learned a lot about the hospitality industry including how hotels function. The management was very nice and helpful, addressing my questions and concerns in a fast and satisfactory manner. During my shifts I was the only hotel employee present. The hardest part of the job was handling guest who wanted discounted rooms; as the newest employee, I did not have the power to provide guest(s) with room discounts (other than military, senior citizen, and AAA discounts). I truly enjoyed meeting all the travelers and regular guest. Providing amazing customer service bought me much enjoyment.
Excellent guest care
Front Desk/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 10, 2015
Night auditor.. made sure everything was done as soon I got to work, did paper work,, made reservation, clean, make coffee n set breakfast out and fantastic job on taking care of my guests to make them happy for a pleasant stay
Good for a second job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJune 4, 2015
Good job to have for a second, not that good of a pay for front desk but like I said it worked for me because it was a second job every other day.
Productive and
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 3, 2015
On the daily i would check in guests, answer questions as well as give out rates. I learned a lot about keeping track of time and setting up for a meal in a hotel. Management was fine, just wished they communicated more. My co-workers were great we well! Hardest part of the job was getting use to the software. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the guests happy!
Hard workers but terrible people skills
housekeeper (Former Employee), jacksonville, flMay 28, 2015
Very disorganized and unprofessional. Co-workers were great to work with but management was not the most pleasant. They were rude to customers and staff. Also, everyday I was missing things needed to complete my job. The schedule would change daily, leaving very little time for any other aspect of life
Very rewarding and helpful
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 27, 2015
This job was very rewarding and helped me use my people skills from check ins and check outs to entering data into a computer every day. I learned a lot more about myself and how to deal with customers on a more broad level. The management wasn't quite what I expected, the person who hired me quit two days into starting my job and so I was thrown into the job without much training. I caught on quickly with help from long time employees who worked there. The hardest part of my job was not knowing what I was doing the first week, bit the most enjoyable part was overcoming that and using my personality and work ethic to move past that and make the most of any situation that arose.
It's a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Grinnell iowaMay 11, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any. Lol
Cons: wages and scheduling
Low pay for the work you do no weekend off really can't keep people in there probably due to minimum wage coworkers r ok helpful but I'm sure it's being done without a smile and lots grumbling.
Once the hotel is remodeled, it will be a nicer place to work for both the staff and guests. It needs a lot of work and more dedicated employees
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: early, middle and late shifts; get to meet a lot of neat people from all over
Cons: no time for breaks or food during busy season, low salary
A typical day at work involves:
1. communicating with previous shift
2. count cash drawer
3. print downtime report
4. compare and contrast Rate and Occupancy with other comparable hotels in the area
5. check arrivals for the day-- do routing (payment) if necessary, communicate with housekeeping and maintenance for special requests such as a "no feather bed"
6. make sure all guests are checked out by noon (2pm for exceptions). Prepare rooms & status "gifts" for new arrivals
7. make fresh coffee every 2 hours, wrap and display cookies
8. keep stacks of all forms stocked & available
9. cashier shift close--drop cash if any
Little supervision
Bookkeeper/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 6, 2015
Pros: career growth potential high salary high
Cons: at will employer in the private sector
Handled all surety bond customers with bonding needs within a commercial insurance agency. Wrote commercial bonds for existing customers and marketing research to add new business.
Productive workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: The manager would buy us lunch on Sundays
Cons: We didn't have breaks because we only worked 5 hours.
My typical day at work would be sometimes tiresome, because you never have enough linen to work with. When you do get the linen it sometimes be attitudes with the managers like what took you so long to complete your assignment. I love working there because it was only ten minutes from home.