Country Inn & Suites

Country Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Once the hotel is remodeled, it will be a nicer place to work for both the staff and guests. It needs a lot of work and more dedicated employees
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: early, middle and late shifts; get to meet a lot of neat people from all over
Cons: no time for breaks or food during busy season, low salary
A typical day at work involves:
1. communicating with previous shift
2. count cash drawer
3. print downtime report
4. compare and contrast Rate and Occupancy with other comparable hotels in the area
5. check arrivals for the day-- do routing (payment) if necessary, communicate with housekeeping and maintenance for special requests such as a "no feather bed"
6. make sure all guests are checked out by noon (2pm for exceptions). Prepare rooms & status "gifts" for new arrivals
7. make fresh coffee every 2 hours, wrap and display cookies
8. keep stacks of all forms stocked & available
9. cashier shift close--drop cash if any
Little supervision
Bookkeeper/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 6, 2015
Pros: career growth potential high salary high
Cons: at will employer in the private sector
Handled all surety bond customers with bonding needs within a commercial insurance agency. Wrote commercial bonds for existing customers and marketing research to add new business.
Productive workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: The manager would buy us lunch on Sundays
Cons: We didn't have breaks because we only worked 5 hours.
My typical day at work would be sometimes tiresome, because you never have enough linen to work with. When you do get the linen it sometimes be attitudes with the managers like what took you so long to complete your assignment. I love working there because it was only ten minutes from home.
Interesting
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), York, PAApril 27, 2015
Not a horrible place to work because the other employees are great, but there is no chance of raises or advancement. It would make a good job for someone without kids that is fairly new to working or someone that is retired looking for a bit of extra income.
discount at other hotels
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Wilson NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: discount at other hotels
Cons: no benefit
coordinated events for people ,schedule staff days off, meeting people, focuses on increasing sales, daily inspection.
Just DON'T do it!
Front Desk (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GaApril 20, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: EVERYTHING
At the Country Inn and Suites that I worked at there is no way that I would suggest anyone to work here!! No room for advancement and management.. if you can call it that.... if they don't like you they they will do what ever they can to get rid of you!! You will be the only one on shifts and HAVE to do everything with NO advancement, compensation or positive attributes for the job that you do.
This is NOT to say the same about other Country Inn and Suites. The corporation is Amazing! Unfortunately, all of the properties are privately owned and operated.
I am asked if I approve of the CEO of Country Inn and Suites.... the answer is Yes! If I had have been asked if I approve of the Owners and Management of this specific property..... the answer is !!! NO !!!
Relax.. sit by the fire and enjoy free cookies and coffee
Front Desk Agent / Shutte Driver (Former Employee), Crystal Lake , ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Employees, You get to meet interesting guests from all over
Cons: No Lunch or Break period. Varied days and hours, No set schedule, Only one staffed employee (yourself)
Hotel Desk Attendant - taking phone calls, sending and receiving faxes,creating reservations, washing and folding a huge pile of laundry that the housekeepers leave for you to do on your shifts, checking on hotel guests, helping set up meeting rooms, cleaning meeting rooms, baking cookies and making coffee

Shuttle Driver -
Pick up and drop off guests as needed. To and from Wedding venues, bars, and varied companies in the radius of the hotel.

WE are completely alone on our PM shifts. If you have an emergency no one else is really at the hotel to assist.

The hardest part of the job was not having anyone with me.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping families with their situations.

Co workers were fun and easy to get along with.

Managers were available if you have an issue. You could call or text a manager to help with an issue on your shifts.

Low Wages

Varied Schedules

You can't leave the hotel for lunch or breaks. You do not get a set break schedule, you just eat at the desk or when you have time.

Free Cookies, Fruit and Coffee for those who drink it.

Hotel Business is not for everyone. If you enjoy working different hours, different days, and trying to handle different situations for low pay go for it.
A truly family based business.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 8, 2015
I initially was employed as their Front Desk Manager. I loved the fast pace process. The GM was aware of my interest to learn and expand in my knowledge of the industry.When working in the hospitality industry, the reality is that the peak hours will most likely be afternoons, nights and weekends, This is must, as a manager you personally want to monitor what is going on within your property. I have seen poorly run departments and almost always this is a result of poor supervision and time management of their supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the positions I have held is the long term relationships built with my employees. I have a strict policy of "work hard and well while you are here and you will be appreciated.' I have learned that positive reaffirmation creates the most productive staff production and contention within staff. My first lesson was when took over a crew of 25 banquet servers lacking direction, As a team we rebuilt the department with much higher standards and expectations.
something different each day, meeting someone new or welcoming someone back
General Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 27, 2015
Pros: do not have to clock in !!
Cons: sometimes my job requires me to be at hotel late at night, example electric went out last week
typical day in the hotel business is no such thing, from 7-3 you
are getting rooms cleaned, making sure all reservations and request
are done and fulfilled, making cookines our hotel has hot cookies
available 24/7, making sure any maintenance issues have been
taken care of, do we have our breakfast items ready for the next
morning, do we have any VIP guest, I have a great staff, there
is no hardest part of the job, we all work together what one cannot
get done the other will, it is a team.
Inconvenient
Breakfast Attendant and Cook/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: cheap rooms, some health care perks
Cons: no scheduled breaks, lack of communication, bad management
If I was scheduled a day to go in, it was early in the morning. The actual job of cooking and cleaning and catering to customers wasn't bad, but I was promised that there would be a rotating schedule so I could have some Sundays off to go to church, and that I could train in more than one department so I wouldn't have to look for a second job. I got trained, but I never got the hours I needed, and when I kept asking about the rotating schedule, I was told that I'd have to call and ask for a Sunday off ahead of time, which I was too afraid to do because I wasn't sure I would get eve the minimal hours I was getting. We were on-call in case tons of people showed up over night, but we didn't get paid for it, and it really messed with my schedule outside of work because I never knew if I could make plans or not until the night before. Very Inconvenient. I had some good coworkers, but overall, this was not a quality job.
the people are fun to work with!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: healthcare
everyday at work can be very reparative and boring! I really didn't learn anything! but overall I like the people but not the management there!
Interesting work environment that allowed me to meet people from all over the world.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Matteson, ILFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me taking phone calls, creating arrangements for the travel of potential guests, sending and receiving faxes, and creating reservations.

At the hotel, I learned that regardless of the situation, you must do all that you can to please the customer.

At this particular location, there was only one front-desk staffed, and that individual (myself) was there completely alone. I basically had to learn what management would do, and run the hotel over night by myself. It taught me how to manage a crisis, and how to diffuse intense situations on my own without getting overwhelmed.

The hardest part of the job was not having anyone with me there.
The most enjoyable part was meeting people from every place I have dreamed of traveling to, and talking to them about what it's like to be there.
A place where it was great to work at, at first.
Maintenance worker (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
I was a houseman and maintenance, the head manintenance guy would go behind my back and tell the manager that I wasnt doing my job. Every person who came to work around him he would do and say the same thing, scared thinking someone was he's job. He would flirt with all the maids, he would even rub on them, he's wife is the head of the maids, everyone know it, but no one said anything. The Manager yells at the first desk people in front of the guests. He's hates he's job, but he stays because he's making good money and he got he's wife the Manager at the hotel next door. You won't get a raise, every good person who were good at their jobs left because of that.
Country
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Concord, NCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything else
Owners do whatever they like to whoever, they are not trust worthy. Theres no management in place, nor structure, turn over rate is sky high. work here but always remain looking elsewhere
Not a career occupation
Assistant Manager, Sales Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free coffee, discounts on franchise hotels, clean, safe environment.
Cons: ownership
The ownership insists on minimum wage for all staff, except for a privileged few. This may be negotiable at hire.

Free coffee in the lobby, although the owners cringe when you take a cup. They don't even allow for an employee discount (although Club Carlson requires it) They break many franchise rules in the interest of greed, and are notorious for treating their employees as second class citizens. (Especially the women)

They don't offer medical insurance.

The management is kind, and the general employee body are a pleasure to work with and for. The work is relatively simple and mindless. The customers are a pleasure to work with, and regulars make the hotel feel homey. The hotel is clean, safe, quiet, and if you don't mind the lack of pay, medical insurance, and perks, it is a pleasure to work there.
Fun and Friendly staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 13, 2014
It's a great place to work and there are great people to work with.
Good place to work at with great learning tools
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, and excellent educational training tools for this industry
Cons: no benefits whatsoever ie. no health insurance provided by the company, no paid vacations
I have been working at this job for five years total and had great mentors. After three and a half years I spoke to the General Manager asking if the opportunity ever presented itself where the Front Office Manager position became available to please consider me for it. She gave me that chance. For the past two in a half years it has been a pleasure to work for a company that's sole purpose is to make guests feel like they are home when they are traveling.
rgfswe
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 31, 2014
I was in charge of bring sales to the hotels. It was a great expereince just not the right one for me.
Fun and busy workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Marinette, WIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace, stayed busy, pool access when not working
Cons: some people would purposley slack off and have help cleaning their rooms which got frusterating
Great place to work, you come in get your rooms and start your work. When finished with our rooms we would go help whoever was in need of some assistance cleaning. Every one for the most part got along great. They also tried to work around every ones schedules for days off and on to make every one happy.
fun palce to work
Suite quality inspector, Inventory controller (Former Employee), forest lake mnOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free room
Cons: short staff
clkeanning rooms helping guest when needed. helping set up partys

1 2 3 4 5