Country Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

A fairly good place to work .
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King George, VADecember 29, 2016
As housekeeping supervisor , my work day would starts with insuring that the housekeeping personnel had their assigned rooms to do .I make sure they had the adequate amount for supplies to complete the task . I learned how to enter act with the personnel I was responsible for , and how to motivate them to be professional and efficient in all of their task . I worked closely with management to insure a productive work environment and to get advice on how to meet all of the housekeeping personnel professional needs . Although at times I had problems with a few people on my team that was having trouble keeping up with their work , I was able , along with management to find a solution . That was the part job I enjoyed because I got to help the people on my team with some of the problems they were having keeping up with their work .
Pros
The personnel I worked around .
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours
Responsible for auditing all procedures, labor, record keeping,a/p,a/r
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 2, 2017
Labor review, balancing audit. ready a/r for mailing, ready a/p for entering for corporate to pay. Make TA commission payments
Month end reports. Computerized programs to pay a/r. Record keeping to corporate office. Receive funds for a/r payments, enter into system.
I am given the opportunity to work at my pace and see to it all things
are done.
The hardest part of the job is the job load, It was small in the beginning and has doubled in size over the last 5 years.

The most enjoyable is the people I get to work with.
Pros
Free breakfast and time off to exercise for health. Good benefits.
Great place to work, little room for advancement
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHSeptember 1, 2016
I work the night audit, which is one of the best shifts possible if you want to be by your lonesome for the most part. Aside from however many check-ins you may have or how many walk-ins you may have you are on your own for the most part. Laundry is usually light, only a couple loads if that most of the time. The atmosphere is easygoing, you only talk to 2-4 coworkers at most for a few minutes between the time you arrive and the time you leave since you relieve one person and 2-3 people relieve you (AM, Breakfast, and Maintenance)

Most of the time you don't have many customer issues, the housekeepers usually do a pretty good job of actually doing their job, and most people are satisfied with it. Unfortunately, turnover tends to be high at times.
Pros
Lots of alone time, easygoing atmosphere, solid hours, nice basic paycheck
Cons
No benefits, Little or no opportunity for growth or advancement
Productive and Fun work place
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 14, 2016
Greeting all my staff members and fixing all issues that are encountered by guest and team members. I have learned time management and the importance or team work. Management company and manager have been very helpful in making sure our hotel succeeds. The hardest part of my job is not always having the tools I need to repair issues. The most enjoyable part is building trustworthy team.
Pros
Great team work, good support system from Management
Cons
No benefits, No personal time or sick leave
plenty of work if you want to work hard.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 10, 2016
ok place to work if you need the money. pay is not great over all for regular employees, don't know about salary or management. base pay is $8.50 with only 2% pay raise a year. great co workers and supervisors. if you are looking for permanent full time hours you must be willing to work all shifts within a work week. meaning very little personal or home life. peak seasons is summer, a lot of work and over time. slow season hours are cut to half for full time and most part time employees are let go. you can pick up more hours working different shifts or different departments during slow season. if you are not afraid of hard work and little pay this is the job for you.
Pros
free lunches and employee parties, benefits are also very good.
Cons
irregular sleep, little personal or home life, and terrible pay.
Typical day at work
Breakfast Hostess (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 3, 2017
My typical day at work is greeting the guest when they walk in the breakfast room. I tell them "Good Morning" How are you doing?" During the weekdays I am not as busy as I am on the weekends when there is are a lot more people traveling.
My co-workers that I work with they are easy to get along help them out when they ask for it.
The hardest part of my job is trying to be patient with the guests.
The most enjoyable part of job is I love being in the Hospitality Industry and get to talk with people from all over near and far.
Pros
Easy going
Benefits
Enjoyable meeting traveling guests
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NEJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoy working with the other employees and meeting new traveling guests on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up after everyone.
Pros
Morning shift
Cons
Little to no possiblity for raises, advancement, or benefits. I have to struggle to get enough hours to barely survive.
Workplace Environment
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2017
Management has an open door policy which makes it easy to address concerns or present new ideas about property. Regular guests are always a pleasure to have. Employees are nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Everyone is welcoming and nice.
Cons
No benefits or PTO provided.
Great friendly staff and guests
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDOctober 13, 2016
Great place to work. Regulars are wounder full. Housekeepers work hard to maintain a clean place. Manager is great she works hard and is really a great boss to work for. As she understands life and things may come up unexpected. All around a great place to work. Just no medical offered to employees.
Pros
You feel like family here.
Cons
No benefits. No medical.
It was a very unprofessionalism enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2016
Its was base on who you knew at this place of business.The owner and management was friends as well as manager and supervisor where family. No benefits or job security.
Pros
I met some nice people
Cons
Management and owner
fun
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 20, 2017
working here can be great & bad all at the same time. some of the managemnet is great and some can be better. its all a learning process for me but it is no room for growth no raises or hoilday pay.
Nice friendly people to work with.
Hosekeeping (Former Employee) –  Shipshewana, INNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at country inn and sweets . management was really great. The only down sifde was there was no health care benefits. I worked independently and reality enjoyed it.
Pros
Friendly enviroment and christmas bonus
Cons
Short break
Productive workplace with learning opportunities
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJanuary 23, 2017
I was part of a wonderful team, I was responsible for overseeing group reservations and business accounts. I learned how to create webpages through Carlson Hotels.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Great company to work for
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 31, 2016
This company offers great benefits to its employees. Hours are flexible, great location, great atmosphere, great people to work around with and big potential to grow within the company.
At times is a great job, but has serious failings.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 28, 2016
Job can be boring at times. Sometimes you can go all day without anything substantial to do, other days it's a madhouse. Housekeeping in our hotel in a joke. I've spoken to my manager repeatedly about the multiple complaints I receive everyday and nothing is ever done. It is really is an easy job which is why I stay but the housekeeping and management is so difficult to deal with. Except for the 4 people that work the front desk, there is not another employee in the hotel that speaks or understands English. So when I try to explain anything to housekeeping, breakfast, or maintenance they never know what I'm talking about and vice versa.
Pros
Free breakfast if you can stand the food, easy work most of the time
Cons
No benefits whatsoever, low pay, no advancement, no lunch breaks (you just work through), always having to go behind housekeeping and maintenance to either fix or apologize.
Dysfunctional co-worker environment.
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 8, 2016
No breaks, no benefits.
Learned to improve customer service skills.
Had to be flexible to keep up with the unorganized management.
Hardest part of the job was filling for others who were otherwise supposed to be on the job.
Most enjoyable part of job was working with cancer treated patients an seeing them get better.
NIce rooms and spacious
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 3, 2016
I had fun working here; It was mellow and easy to get a hold of managers and such. I liked working alone as well; the guests were awesome, as well as the staff and managers. The owner was there a majority of the time, which told me that he really cared about the hotel. He also kept up-to-date with maintenance work on the entire property.
Pros
There were no benefits
Cons
WIth every signup you recieved points as a Carlson club member
Great staff
room attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLAugust 18, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with everyone there. We were a great team and rated number one in our franchise.
However I was usually had to work 6 days a week and did not receive a raise until I quit. Never received vacation pay.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
pay
It was a very fun place to work, I've learned a lot of new things.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 19, 2016
I loved working here it didn't feel just like a job. I met A lot of new carrying and loving people. And this job helped me get on my feet.
Pros
Meeting new people
Benefits
interesting and busy fo the most part
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 2, 2016
Every morning I opened the gas station waiting on all the familiar faces being raised in Venice,LA I know mostly everybody.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8