Country Inns & Suites Employee Reviews in United States

Everyone works hard and we all get along with our guests and we love our guests!
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 25, 2016
The environment is very cool, calm and relaxing and we all are like family to one another which makes the job that much easier and much more fun to be a part of.
Overall bad first start for a choice no leadership everyone cutthroat for themselves no teamwork
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 25, 2016
Not good experience at all with the managers they were cheap always band aiding a problem and not thinking long term end result not being good
Pros
Weekends no negativity managers off
Fun you can work at your own pace no rush
Lynet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJuly 19, 2016
You come in to work and rock the whole day away management is great everyone felt like family a second one that is but overall not a bad place to work when it gets busy in the summer winter hours get cut and you only work about 1 or two days max a week. That's basically the only downside.
Pros
My boss Lynet was awesome best boss ever ligit
Cons
No Cons
Horrible
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lima, OhioJuly 14, 2016
I experienced a wrongful termination from the owner, harassment ,inappropriate violation of boundaries from a coworker and mistreatment from management and coworkers. I would sooner suggest a person to be unemployed, homeless and on assistance before working here.
Cons
Toxic work environment.
A great starter job
Front Desk Clerk, Weekend Breakfast Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 11, 2016
This was a great place to develop a work ethic. My coworkers were great and management always came to work with a sense of humor. The pay was lower than it should have been but overall an enjoyable experience. A typical day included preparing the food for the hotel guest, busting tables, delegating tasks, and multitasking.
Pros
coworkers, simple tasks, flexible hours
Cons
fast paced, lower pay
Poorly managed
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2016
Although meeting new people is a great aspect of the job, this property is very poorly managed and highly understaffed. The clientele and the area is a bit sketchy. No maintenance on property.
Pros
Meeting travelers
Cons
No breaks, poor management, poorly maintained property
Good group of people to work with.
Housekeeping/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 10, 2016
Everyone that I had worked with here was so warm and friendly. It made me really enjoy my work life there. The managers are always willing to help you with your schedule if anything unexpected happens.
Bad atmosphere
Assistant Manager/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkview, WVJuly 9, 2016
There was no trust between the owner and the staff. It was a very uncomfortable place to work. The other staff was good to work with but, also felt the lack of trust that the owner showed toward all of the staff.
Pros
Good staff to work with.
Cons
Lack of trust shown by the owner.
interesting and busy fo the most part
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 2, 2016
Every morning I opened the gas station waiting on all the familiar faces being raised in Venice,LA I know mostly everybody.
Decent place to work if you are not working overnight shift.
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHJune 30, 2016
While it has a friendly and welcoming enviroment to it. The Country Inn and Suites also has some drawbacks. For one, if you're working the overnight shifts, DO NOT expect to get all your work done every shift and also be prepared to be sleeping all day and working all night.
Worst Management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 29, 2016
Very unprofessional atmosphere. Have had three managers in the past 6 months. People quit Daily. Your aren't being paid adequately for the job you do
Opening a New Property
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 20, 2016
Country Inn and Suites in Orangeburg, SC was a newly constructed hotel; therefore, I got the opportunity to be in on the ground level of the business.
I worked as a Front-desk Associate on the first and second shifts. My responsibilities included: providing excellent customer service using Opera property mgmt software to check guests in and out and book reservations.
Pros
I was usually scheduled for 1st shift which was conducive for my young, busy family.
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement.
Co workers are awesome!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 13, 2016
this place needs a few upgrades in every department.
. the pay is to low for the amount of work they want you to do. needs to show hardworking employees they are worth keeping. This is good place to work because of the workers
Active and fun
Front Desk Reservations & Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNJune 12, 2016
I enjoy serving the guests that come in and sharing a smile with them. The hardest part of the job is when the restaurant is completely full and you have to hustle harder and remember where each meal goes.
wonderful place to work
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 8, 2016
Processing guest arrival, oversaw guest registration, good communication with other staff, keeping track of guest requests, translation in German, some experience with payable and receivable accounts.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Not many benefits
Drama
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 8, 2016
This location is ran on a skeleton crew and if one person doesn't show up, you will be expected to pull a double or else be put on the manager's naughty list. You will be expected to do things that are out of scope for what you are hired to do. If you are female, do not work here, the manager is inappropriate. Do not leave your phone unlocked or else the manager will snoop through it. The co-workers are awesome, it's the management that is the problem.
Pros
The whole job, minus the pay and the management
Cons
Management and pay
nice people!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 5, 2016
country inn and suites was a great place to work for! i was only with the company for a short amount of time but it was an inviting environment! I loved that i was always getting to meet new people from some interesting places! Some of the guests stayed with us for a while and it was great getting to know them and build relationships!
Lots of great staff to work with.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 26, 2016
The last six years of my life have been great, however I feel as though my wings have spread as far as they will spread with the company and I am looking to venture off to better things.
Office Skills Come In Handy.
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMay 23, 2016
I like it, I really did. But on the down side, "some employees" (not all) but "some" may not relieve you when they're supposed to. And "some customers", (not all) but "some" expect the Front Desk to make executive decisions that they are not authorized to do, and can get upset with the person behind the desk.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the country.
Cons
High Turn Over
Fun place to work for and awesome boss
Front Desk Clerk / Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 16, 2016
One of the best boss I ever had. I definitelty recommend this place for hire.. Great job and great hours. No benfirs though

2.8