Country Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
a typical day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 19, 2017
This is a relaxed job, you can work at your own pace. Its just like cleaning you house at home when you want everything done right. I perfer this job if you want to be relaxed
great place, fast busy
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILSeptember 17, 2017
its right by the air port so its always fast past most night are sold out. its a good place to start out I learned a lot there and was able to move up and get a better job because of what I learned there. you have to know how to work alone. most of the time its just you so you have to know how to manage everything at once. the owners are great people to work for!
ok place to work at.
Kitchen Manager/Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 16, 2017
Long hours and hard work with short staff. I learned how to a lot of work in a small amount of time. Management at the time I work was very stressful to work under. The hardest part of the job was working with not enough staff. Always short staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving on time and the location. I was promoted in less then three months.
great
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILSeptember 13, 2017
This was a great place to work only problem i had was the lack of workable hours but everyone i worked with was great the job was fairly easy and we received holiday bonuses
Pros
staff was great, guest were friendly, tipped on a daily
Cons
lack of hours
It was a great place to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 13, 2017
Checked people out and In
Took reservations
helped do laundry
Manager was great
Culture was great
People not showing up to cover there shifts
The pranks we would play on each other, being help to to help customers face to face.
Pros
The people were great wot work with
Cons
no advancement
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Consistent pace with helpful coworkers to help to keep steady work flow. felt like a family environment or the home away from home. Good place to start or grow to network for later job pursuing.
Pros
good environment and coworkers
Cons
at times slow days lost communication
was a good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 11, 2017
i was a deep cleaner and went into rooms and broke them down and cleaned every part of the room and curtains, bedspreads, bathrooms, tables bed dust, windows, mirrors, pictures vacuum,
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Hours flucuate
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 11, 2017
No guaranteed hours or shift, you will work day shift day one and second day be switched to evening or overnight shift. Inconsistent hours and schedule
Country Inn & Suites
FRONT DESK ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 9, 2017
This was an ok position, however my husband worked 1st shift and i never got to see him. Made decision to leave the company. This was a decision that i did not come to lightly and do not regret decision.
Great Hotel Horrible Management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 6, 2017
I've worked hotels before and this is one of the cleaner nicer properties I've worked with however this company was bought out by a foreign husband and wife who had absolutely no idea how to run a hotel they seemed to have some sort of business knowledge I will give credit where credit is due but as far as running a hotel they were clueless. More than half the staff quit and due to this corperate sent a second gm from to oversee the property and help get things rolling and within 5 days he quit called corperate to transfer him back to his old job.
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
All around not a good place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 6, 2017
No breaks. No paid time off. No benefits. Not allowed to even sit down for a 10 minute break. Expected to do housekeeper's work. Owner refused to pay over time, but demanded you work over time if someone calls out.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 6, 2017
Amazing place to lift your career. Well organized and talented individuals. You are hands on in learning how hotel management is run. You get the insight of every detail.
Executive Housekeeping Supervisor
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Country Inn. The job was laid back and I enjoyed meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was that they didn't offer enough hours. Even being full time you barely made forty hours a week.
Cool
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2017
To much gossip going on and cant keep housekeepers cause the pay rate is not good for the work that is required not loyal to long time employees the pay will fix things
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Fun working place quiet and good enviorment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2017
My housekeeping job i loved it it was easy fun and i would love to do this anytime everyone is very respectful it quiet they have great breakfast a nice pool beautiful nice big suites
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short breaks
Breakfast Attendant
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 3, 2017
It is almost like entertaining friends and family, It is fast paced sometimes, sometimes very slow. You get to meet new and interesting people from all over.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no benefits
I am productive but the job is not fun
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 1, 2017
1. The work environment at location is different than anywhere else
2 .Management could be a lot better than what it is
3.The Job is not that hard but they make it stressful
4.And the pay could be a little better
Lot of down time!
Front Desk Attendant/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSSeptember 1, 2017
I worked at Country Inn & Suites for a couple years and in those couple years I received at least 3 raises that I can recount. I was always paid very fairly however management is a mess. The owner is not willing to hand over the reigns to the Manager and talks badly about employees to other employees. Was not a very professional atmosphere. The hotel can be very slow sometimes and other times you have 15 people wanting to check in at the same time. But for the most part it's very slow and there's not much to do.
Pros
slow paced, easy operating system, free breakfast
Cons
no healthcare, unprofessional, no set schedule
Always had something to do.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 31, 2017
I didn't work there long but no matter what day it was there was always extra work to be done. If we finished our work we could go help others with there work.
Pros
Raises were available.
Cons
There was no chances of moving up in the company
N/a
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 30, 2017
Very nice and comfortable work place. Friendly and professional service. Safe and secure work environment flexible hours convenient location minutes from airport.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7