Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employer Reviews

I enjoy my residents and my supervisor is wonderful.
Front desk (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 8, 2014
I have been with the company for five years. It has its ups and downs, but overall, I'm happy.
Great work environment with a staff that treats the residents like family.
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 16, 2014
Great work environment with a staff that treats the residents like family.
country meadows is good place to work
LPN, Country Meadows, Supervisor (Former Employee), yorkJuly 5, 2014
country meadows focuses on the variety of levels of care from independent level of care, skilled care, assisted living, and dementia locked environment.
FUn and Friendly place to work
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee), Bridgeville, PAJune 27, 2014
I loved to interact with the residents and let them just talk to me.
Productive and Fulfilling work environment
Social Worker and Director of Client Services (Current Employee), Bridgeville, PennsylvaniaJune 21, 2014
Pros: compensation, flexibility
Cons: long work hours, on call weekends
Country Meadows is a great company to work for. They are currently working on growing and improving the business as well as staying updated on the latest technology for nursing and rehab.
Everyone always states that the coworkers look "happy" while they are at work, which they do, however days can be long and taxing. It is challenging working with some – more... of the families but you will have that any where when people are faced with crisis in an unknown situation. That is why we are there to guide them through the process. – less
Patient Care assistant/Medication Technician (Former Employee), Lancaster PaJune 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: alot of work for one person
Everyday was fun and I was inspired to do my very best for the residents.
If everyone works together, it is a lovely place to work
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: working with the residents, the activites for both the workers and residents, meeting new people
Cons: pay, short staff
Assisting residents in showers, bathroom, and getting them dressed
Encouraging the residents to walk, excercise, and participte in activities
Commincate effectively with all staff members and families for the good of the residents
Serve and clear meals in a timely manner

Hardest part: working short

Most enjoyable part: Getting to know the residents – more... and making a diffence in their life. – less
Home care not full time
Home care associate (Former Employee), Allentown/BethlehemMay 21, 2014
Pros: getting to meet the older times
Cons: co-workers are not friendly
Worked for home care for about 5 months, was promised full time hours. Full time to me is 35 to 40 hours in one week not 10 to 27. Also when you have to drive the client someplace you don't start getting paid till you are with them, you first sign out the car and bring it around. That's a good 5 to 10 minutes of your own time more if they are not in – more... the campus and you have to drive to their home.
Management has their favorites, and will baby them. By giving them the better clients or hours.
Loved the clients, just not management and some of the co-workers that were in the the campus working. – less

June 26, 2014

Our favorite thing to read is when co-workers love residents and clients. As you know first-hand, Country Meadows At Home offers clients personal care services in their own homes. This requires our Home Care Associates to be flexible with the times they are available to work. When there are no client hours available, Home Care Associates are provided with hours at the nearest Country Meadows Retirement Community campus to ensure that our full-time co-workers receive full-time hours. Also, Home Care Associates are paid for the time spent traveling from our office to clients’ homes. Please contact a supervisor if this was not the case. Many of our long-time co-workers have established relationships with clients and as such are requested by those clients and/or their families. It may appear as though these co-workers are “favorites,” however it is more likely they have established clients. If you witnessed otherwise, please contact the Country Meadows hotline to share more information so we can investigate. Please view our company profile for contact information. Thank you for your service to our clients and best of luck to you.

Former PCA at the Frederick campus
PCA (Former Employee), FrederickApril 18, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: management is atrocious
Over worked, short staffed all the time, poor management who never walk the floors to witness other PCA's not doing their jobs. Over all horrible attitudes of employees. Kitchen staff manager is horribly unfriendly with no people skills whatsoever. Think twice about working there. You will not be able to go any further than a PCA there.

May 19, 2014

Thank you for your note. As you know first-hand, working with our elders can be a demanding job and is, in our opinion, one of the most important. We’re sorry you have these concerns. Country Meadows is proud to have received numerous awards as an exceptional employer and just last year won the coveted “Best Place to Work in Frederick County” designation. Even though you no longer work with us, we encourage you to call and report these concerns to our confidential 24-hour Compliance hotline at 888.470.3376. This line is managed by a third party and all calls are anonymous. We’re proud to have several co-workers at our Frederick campus who have advanced into positions with increased responsibility and pay. Country Meadows provides opportunities to grow and be promoted to co-workers who work hard and perform well, more than those who perform just ok. Our organization also offers “Career Paths” training for most positions that are free to our motivated co-workers. We’re proud of our co-workers who have completed these ladders and have many success stories to share. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Love people I work with
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Hershey PAApril 11, 2014
Pros: i love the people who work on my shift
I love the people I work with. I love a fast pace work place and learning my job. Residents are awesome.
Managed multiple senior housing units
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: excellent overall experience
Cons: n/a
focused on customer service/sales
maintained regulatory compliance
addressed all employee concerns and education

May 19, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments, and for working with Country Meadows. Best of luck to you.

Great place to work, the residents are wonderful!
Medication Associate (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 10, 2014
My only complaint over the years of working at Country Meadows is the lack of communication the bosses have with each other. There are always too many bosses on at one time and they are constantly contradicting each other.
okay place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeville, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Always short staffed but great co workers. Management more concerned with money than with staff.
Busy Workplace,constant change
Culinary Associate II (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 29, 2014
A pretty Fast-pace job. Constant change due to the growth. a typical day consist of coming in making sure all employees for morning shift come in, start preparing morning buffet, continue doing eggs to order, start lunch,lead huddle with co-workers informing them about lunch mienu, serve lunch, clean up,take trash out,break and go home. I learned how – more... to multitask properly to get the job done.Management came in and did their part when need be. The most enjoyable part was knowing I am making someones day and getting my job done. – less
Excellent company but little pay.
CNA/CMT (Former Employee), Park Hills, MOJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: caring bosses, paid vacation after a year, bonuses twice a year
Cons: no raises, low pay
I would pass medications, assist with care, administer treatments, and help bathe residents. The administrative staff cares mutually about their residents and their employees. They understand when life situations happen and try to help in whatever way that they can. Hardest part of the job was dealing with combative residents. Most enjoyable was you – more... were shown appreciation by management when you went above and beyond your job duties. – less
Great work environment
PCA (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJanuary 8, 2014
You assist resident with their ADL's. Make sure they get to all meals, and clean up their rooms make their beds.
Don't make the mistake!
management (Former Employee), several campusesDecember 30, 2013
Pros: most residents are kind.
Cons: won't go there.
Not the place the company claims it is! Not worthy of their award as a caring, open, employee-driven company in 2012. Country Meadows no longer enjoys the reputation it used to have, yet they continue to expand. Not nice to say, but it is unfortunately true.....the only expansion Country Meadows should be making is in their HR department as I can't – more... imagine how it can keep up with the complaint workload. Again, sorry to say, and not meaning to be cruel. Beware. – less

March 18, 2014

Country Meadows works hard to create a positive environment for co-workers as well as the residents we serve. We have numerous ways for co-workers to report concerns such as reporting them directly to their supervisor, executive director, vice president and even our CEO. We also have a co-worker hotline for people to share concerns anonymously. We really do want to hear about any issues because we honestly believe that every company makes mistakes, and what makes Country Meadows one of the best places to work, is what we do about those mistakes or concerns Country Meadows is proud to have been selected as a Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania in 2013, and has received this honor 10 times in the last 12 years. The winners for these Best Place to Work programs are chosen based on feedback provided directly from anonymous co-worker surveys. I encourage you to contact me directly at the Home Office. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please view our company profile for contact information.

co-workers
Patient Cares Assistant (Current Employee), Hershey, PADecember 19, 2013
Pros: the residents
Cons: not in my field
I love my residents and my co- workers. It's a good place to work.
Rewarding place to work for caring people
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), York, PADecember 17, 2013
I really enjoyed working with the elderly. My coworkers were very nice to work along side. But I had a few issues with the company.

December 30, 2013

I am happy that you value the best part of this job—our residents. I, too, am blessed to have good co-workers and am thrilled to hear this was your experience working at Country Meadows. I am sorry to read that you had some concerns. If you are inclined, please contact me directly at 717.533.2474 to discuss any issues you experienced. Thank you for your service to our residents. -Tracy Newcomer--Vice President of Human Resources

Not a lot of promotion from within or diversity
Employee (Current Employee), LancasterDecember 6, 2013
Pros: generous benefits package, $2 meals, co-workers are nice
Cons: listed above
The title explains it all. It seems like people with weak resumes and no to little work history are selected for management positions and there are no people of color in any leadership positions that I've come across.

December 30, 2013

Thank you for your comment. I’m happy to share that we have several co-workers of varying backgrounds and ethnicities working in management positions at our Lancaster campus, and serving as mentors for personal care associates. Country Meadows posts available jobs and encourages co-workers to apply. The organization offers training programs and Career Paths in several areas to help co-workers advance. We try to offer people who work hard and perform well more opportunities to grow and be promoted than those who perform just ok. We want you to be the best co-worker you can be. Please talk with your campus Executive Director to learn more about these opportunities. Thank you for choosing Country Meadows. -Tracy Newcomer-Vice President of Human Resources

1 2 3 4

About Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Country Meadows is a great place to work. Country Meadows takes great pride in the fact that our co-workers are known for being – Read more

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Photos