Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employee Reviews in United States

No turning back
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 10, 2016
Not a pleasant experience. Horrible training. Couldn't trust my coworkers. Their excuse to get rid of me was unbelievable. Yet other employees got away with stuff and didn't get in trouble. I will never ever work for this company again. It's all lies!!!!
Pros
Free drinks and desserts
Cons
Just terrible

Comment – June 24, 2016

We’re sorry your experience working with our team was challenging. It’s difficult when we feel that way at work, because we spend so many hours there. Please visit our profile for contact information to share your observations with our Home Office so any potential issues may be addressed. Country Meadows is proud to be named one of the Best Places to Work in PA more than 10 times, and Best of York by the York Daily Record and Sunday News. Best of luck to you.

Comment – July 5, 2016

Short-staffed health facility that hustles everyday to get all tasks done.
Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 23, 2016
During a typical day of work I set up, serve, and clean up after over 60 residents in a dining room, twice a day, with the help of one additional dining aid. I have learned to manage myself and my time very effectively because we have a lot to do in a limited time before residents arrive ready for their meal. I have also learned to memorize many things at once. Like any other work facility, there are some co-workers that are helpful and some that aren't. I have learned to deal with both. The hardest part about my job is keep 60+ residents happy at all times with limited help. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacted with older, wiser people everyday and learning from their stories and life experiences.
Pros
Free lunch, good stories from residents
Cons
Short staff, bad distribution of work

Comment – June 24, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank you for working extra hard to serve our residents. As we work to hire additional staff at our Bethlehem campus, your efforts to make sure residents receive delicious meals from friendly co-workers are appreciated. You are right; it is frustrating when co-workers don’t contribute at the level they should. Please feel comfortable to share those concerns with your director or call our toll-free co-worker hotline. Again, thank you for being such a great co-worker, and good friend to our residents.

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU for working extra hard to serve our residents. As we work to hire additional staff at our Bethlehem campus, your efforts to make sure residents receive delicious meals from friendly co-workers are appreciated. You are right; it is frustrating when co-workers don’t contribute at the level they should. Please feel comfortable to share those concerns with your director or call our toll-free co-worker hotline. Again, thank you for being such a great co-worker, and good friend to our residents.

Poor management, understaffed all the time, all they care about is filling the rooms not thinking about what kind of people they are bringing in..
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 8, 2016
They frown upon workers being "to close" to the residents and their family members.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to give the proper care that is needed or deserved because they never have enough coverage.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a difference you make in their lives.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
management very stuffy, cold-hearted

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for forming friendships with our residents. The best part of working at Country Meadows is building relationships with our residents. It’s one of the top reasons we hear from co-workers as to why they love working with us. Country Meadows tries our best to staff well, but sometimes issues arise with co-workers not doing their part, and we do try to identify and improve those situations. Country Meadows Retirement Communities is proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania more than 10 times. In addition, our communities in the Lehigh Valley have been voted as a Top Work Place in the Morning Call newspaper’s list of best employers, and Best of the Valley in Lehigh Valley Magazine. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 27, 2016
Preparing meals for the clients, help with personal needs. Helping with daily living skills. How to be patience with clients with special needs. Management was very professional. Very helpful is the best way to describe my co-workers. Losing Clients to death is the hardest part of this job. The most enjoyable part of my job was enjoying a moment with my clients

Comment – April 4, 2016

Thank you very much for being part of our team. Surely your hard work meant the world to many of our residents and their families. Best of luck to you.

hard work
Personal care Assistant II and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMarch 12, 2016
while the work isn't physically demanding it is emotionally draining. It takes a lot away from your goals and family. The residents are the brightest part of your day. It is rewarding in a lot of ways. You have to be a emotionally strong individual to do this work

Comment – April 4, 2016

You are absolutely correct: working in this field can be emotionally challenging, but the reward of forming relationships with older adults is absolutely amazing. Remember that Country Meadows has a confidential Employee Assistance Program available to all co-workers if you need to talk to someone, at no charge. Our campus chaplains also are a fantastic resource. Thank you so very much for sharing your hard work and caring nature with our residents and team! Please take care of yourself too-you matter to us!

Chaos
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 7, 2016
Ideally would be wonderful if run properly. If you have years in skilled care you will be over qualified for this job. ADOW, ED, PCA,MED TECH clueless. This is not a place to work if you have common sense
Pros
Easy, can call off without reprocussion
Cons
All about making profit

Comment – April 4, 2016

Country Meadows is proud of our team, and is honored to be selected as a Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania 12 times since 2000. We value every co-worker and are always open to suggestions on how we can improve our services. Please share your concerns with your supervisor. If you are uncomfortable doing so, please call our completely confidential compliance line at 888.470.3376. This 24/7 toll-free hotline was created specifically for co-workers and customers to share concerns and ideas anonymously. Thank you for being a member of our team.

used to be great
manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This company was a great company to work for when I first started however turn over is extreme and pay is low. PCA's work hard and short handed and only make around $10 an hour. If you make mistakes, they will fire you quickly. In about a year, almost half the original staff I worked with were either fired or quit. Upper management has cliques and do not look out for their employees. They are one of the Best Places to work cause they sell the workers the questionaire.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Country Meadows is proud of the team we’ve put together and values every co-worker, regardless of his/her position. As part of our commitment to our team, we work hard to provide a full benefits package and wages that are very competitive in the senior living field. Co-workers enjoy opportunities to advance in both compensation as well as position, and Country Meadows offers “Career Paths” training for most positions and, when merited and possible, promotes from within to reward hard-working co-workers who have many success stories to share. Because we value our co-workers so highly, Country Meadows will terminate a co-worker ONLY when there is sufficient reason to do so. These decisions are never taking lightly. If you have concerns, please call our compliance hotline. Country Meadows is very proud to be named a Best Place to Work in PA 12 times since 2000. Co-workers are randomly selected to complete a survey provided by the Best Places to Work competition, not by Country Meadows. In fact, we are particularly proud of this award because it is based on 100% anonymous co-worker feedback provided directly to the Best Places to Work organization. Best of luck to you.

Comment – February 1, 2016

Review
lpn nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 6, 2016
I recently graduated Associate Science from Pittsburgh technical institute. I have attended course and training as nurse and I am currently working as Licensed Practical nurse. My job is to take care of patients; discusses and records chief health concerns; administer medications; performs tests; administers injections. Records the patient’s official record a detailed report of cares given which reflects the therapeutic plan and individual patient needs as directed in the care plan .Because of my experience, I am sure that I am ideal candidate for your hospital.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for quality patient care. I am extremely enthusiastic and would welcome the opportunity to contribute to your continued growth.

Comment – January 13, 2016

Congratulations on your recent graduation. Country Meadows is a retirement community, not a hospital. However, we do employ many LPNs to help deliver care to our fantastic residents. Please visit our website to view open positions and apply. Good luck! http://www.countrymeadows.com/contact-us/careers/career-inquiries

Good place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 20, 2015
Good place to work. The residence are sweet. The staff are caring and attentive to residence needs. The hardest part of the job was getting so close to the residence.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Thank you for your note. We might be biased but agree that Country Meadows hit the jackpot with our fantastic residents and co-workers. Please stop by to pay us a visit when you are in the neighborhood.

Very busy fast pased kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 18, 2015
Residents were very friendly, you had to learn about their diet, soft, pureed, and chopped. Cooked for 90+ residents and employees. Two soups daily and 3 specials.
Pros
The friendly people
Cons
Not much help

Comment – January 18, 2016

Thank you for your time cooking for our residents. Mealtime is one of the most important times because in addition to enjoying delicious food, residents and co-workers have the opportunity to get to know one another. Best of luck to you in your career.

Cm
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 15, 2015
This place was nice to work at due to the employees that you work with and the teamwork you show. Otherwise it wasnt a nice place. The salary you get is too low for the work expected. Then management never listens when you tell them problems to fix to make the work environment a better place.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Country Meadows is incredibly proud of our team and it’s great to read that you were part of a strong group. In fact, we think our co-workers are among the best in senior care. That is why our organization works hard to provide a strong benefits package and wages that are very competitive in this field. I’m sorry you feel that your concerns were not addressed. Co-workers are encouraged to share feedback with management at various levels. We also have a 24-hour anonymous hotline for co-workers to share concerns. Best of luck to you in your future career.

Learned to work in several aplicant tracking systems
Recuiter/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 23, 2015
Coworkers were friendly and welcoming. Very busy, fast paced. Very enjoyable job. Was made to feel a vital part of the day to day operations of the campus.

Comment – December 7, 2015

You’re right: this is a fast-paced job but, in our opinion, building relationships with our residents makes all the hard work worth it! Thank you very much for being a member of our team.

A great place with many oportunities.
CMT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MOOctober 19, 2015
Country Meadows is a good place to work and they provide you with many opportunities. They provided CNA and CMT classes. My coworkers are great people to work with and I have made great friends. They are always willing to help and I have learned a lot. My residents have become like family and they look forward to seeing me everyday. The nurses are always willing to help you and are there when you have questions.
Great place for senior living
PRN CNA (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PaSeptember 30, 2015
Wonderful hard working employees, always cheerful and happy to help. Wonderful rehab facility and rehab staff. Caring and compassionate set of nursing staff.

Comment – December 7, 2015

Thank you for helping our residents by serving as a hard-working member of our co-worker team. We appreciate you and welcome you to visit when you are in town.

very caring
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 28, 2015
working here was great there was a lot of communication between all care givers. I can say that u learned a lot from them. I personally believe that all residents were well taken care of

Comment – December 7, 2015

Thank you very much. We may be biased but we believe that we have the best team in senior living! Thank you for being part of our outstanding team, and best of luck to you.

Country Meadows is a very good place to work.
Central Supply Clerk and Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 26, 2015
Write down what supplies I need
Go to Morning Report
Stock NUrsing supply and Resident Rooms
Take Care of Deliveries
Work on Resident Billing

Our VP is a very fair person and is willing to listen
Our CEO is Great

I get along with all of my coworkers

Lifing heavy boxes

The Residents
Pros
good beniefits
Cons
Getting to be to far away

Comment – December 7, 2015

Thank you very much for your time working at Country Meadows. Please stop by and visit all of us when you are in the neighborhood.

Excellent food service and wonderful residents.
Dining Director (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 24, 2015
Decent amount of red tape. Some areas of upper management were very supportive. Overall experience was pleasant. Ill miss the residents most of all.

Comment – December 7, 2015

You can be sure the residents will miss you too. Thank you very much for your service.

Wonderful company with alot of room to advance!
Medication Associate/ PCA1 (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 23, 2015
I started at Country Meadows in Mechanicsburg in the Alzheimers & Dimensia unit. I loved it. After only 3-4 months I had about a .50 cent raise & leveled up to a PCA1. I had always wanted to work with medicine so after 6 months I applied for the Medication Associate position & got it. I moved up quickly after just 7 months & make a decent rate. My managers are always willing to talk with me, work with me regarding any issues, & always do their best to help me. They were always willing to work with me & my school schedule. They've done many things to always help their employees. They also have good programs to help you with certain schooling. They have competitive rates & if you are a hard worker & do your job you can work your way up in the company. Every workplace has their own drama & issues but if Country Meadows is honestly a place where I truly enjoy working. The Mechanicsburg location has wonderful management. Building 4 is where I work & my bosses are amazing. However, if you don't truly enjoy Geriatrics & helping improve quality of life with the elderly, then DON'T work here. They only want people who have a passion for helping others & if you don't take your job seriously then don't work here. Otherwise, it's a wonderful place to be employed by.
Pros
Management, Atmosphere, Company advancement, Competitive rates, Flexible scheduling, Family oriented
Cons
You MUST work every other weekend & holiday

Comment – August 31, 2015

Thank you for your lovely note. Your experience is a perfect example of Country Meadows’ Career Paths in action. As you know, our organization works hard to promote co-workers who perform well. It is great to read that you took advantage of the Career Paths available to you, and we hope you continue to do so. There are additional opportunities for tuition reimbursement and educational resources should you want to continue to climb the ladder. Good for you! If only we could clone you! You are absolutely correct: working with our elders is very difficult work. However, it is probably some of the most rewarding work you can do, and the relationships we build with residents are incredible. Thank you so very much for sharing your talents with us!

Horrible!
LPN (Former Employee) –  allentownAugust 16, 2015
Worst job I ever had. Suppose to be 3 nurse on 3-11 shift and your lucky if two show up. Most of the staff is very unprofessional. One nurse yelled all night long and when I reported it I was reprimanded. Still cant figure that out. These resident belong in skilled facilities instead they keep them there in assisted living for the money. Skilled residents require much more help than one or two aides. Unsafe environment. 6-7 falls in a 24 hour period. EVERYDAY. If your value your license dont work here. Its a joke.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. No orientation.

Comment – August 31, 2015

Country Meadows is proud to be named one of the Best Places to Work in PA more than 10 times, and Best of the Lehigh Valley several consecutive years. We’re sorry your experience working for our team was difficult. Please visit our profile for contact information to share your observations with our Home Office so any potential issues may be addressed. Best of luck to you.

Fast-paced work, inviting atmosphere
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at Country Meadows includes a welcome smile and a get to work attitude. All the coworkers are caring towards the residents and see to their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. From answering call bells to completing daily tasks to ensure the next shift runs smoothly, everyone works as a team.

Comment – August 24, 2015

Thank you very much for your kind note and for being a part of our Country Meadows family. And thank you for providing such great care for our wonderful residents. Please know that you, and every co-worker, is appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Meadows Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8