Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West York, PANovember 23, 2016
Staff is friendly and management is even better. They truly want you to succeed in all aspects of life. They encourage advancement by promoting from within.
Free Ice Cream and Soda's
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 22, 2016
Taking care of the individual by getting them up and helping get them cleaned up for the day , by showering, dressing and other grooming. Taking them to dinning room to eat and than cleaning their rooms up and then just talking to them.
Management was great they would talk to you, give thing to you and just was pleasant. My co-workers where great they would help you when you needed help and just so nice to see you.
I don't think there was any hardest part of the job. I enjoyed taking care of all my clients and whatever they needed.
Pros
$2.00 lunches, Free Ice Cream, Sodas, and Coffee
Cons
No health covers and no breaks.

Comment – November 8, 2016

Thank you for providing such tender care to our precious residents. Certainly you are missed. Best of luck to you, and please don’t lose that positive, caring attitude.

$ 2.00 lunch
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 18, 2016
the salary is awful, the new coworkers will be making the same salary In a shorter time. Other places pay you according to the years of service, not Country Meadows, pca's do many tasks for little money. I have been employed for 15yrs and I can't pay my bills, salary is frozen and there is no cost of living, so we have to maintain our cars, pay bills that go up every year. shame on Country Meadows for taking advantage of us. I am still employed because I love my job and the residents are like my family, we lose good workers because of low salary.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Extremely low pay, not enough to live on

Comment – November 8, 2016

Wow! Thank you for 15 years of service. It takes a special person to work with our seniors, and Country Meadows thanks co-workers by providing a rich benefits package and competitive wages. There are opportunities for pay increases offered to co-workers, even those who have reached the pay grade maximum. Please feel free to reach out to our Human Resources team to share any concerns you may have. Also, Country Meadows offers incentives to co-workers who want to advance their knowledge and skills. Our free Career Path training programs offer pay increases and opportunities for advancement to co-workers who successfully complete a PCA II Path and even a CCA. We truly believe that hard work should be rewarded. Please consider taking advantage of these free programs to advance your career. Good luck!

Fun to interact with the residents and staff
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 9, 2016
I learned to how to interact with the elderly residents during my time there. My typical work day consisted of organizing activities for the day and serving meals to the residents during lunch time, where after I cleared off tables. Management was very considerate and willing to train me when need be. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the stories of all the residents and how they got to the facility. The hardest part of the job was when we held events at the facility for the resident's families and we had more people than usual.
Pros
Free Lunches

Comment – August 22, 2016

Our residents are fantastic and our co-workers often comment that this is the best part of working at country Meadows. Thank you for being part of our team and for taking time to appreciate the experiences and knowledge shared by our customers. Best of luck to you.

used to be great
manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This company was a great company to work for when I first started however turn over is extreme and pay is low. PCA's work hard and short handed and only make around $10 an hour. If you make mistakes, they will fire you quickly. In about a year, almost half the original staff I worked with were either fired or quit. Upper management has cliques and do not look out for their employees. They are one of the Best Places to work cause they sell the workers the questionaire.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Country Meadows is proud of the team we’ve put together and values every co-worker, regardless of his/her position. As part of our commitment to our team, we work hard to provide a full benefits package and wages that are very competitive in the senior living field. Co-workers enjoy opportunities to advance in both compensation as well as position, and Country Meadows offers “Career Paths” training for most positions and, when merited and possible, promotes from within to reward hard-working co-workers who have many success stories to share. Because we value our co-workers so highly, Country Meadows will terminate a co-worker ONLY when there is sufficient reason to do so. These decisions are never taking lightly. If you have concerns, please call our compliance hotline. Country Meadows is very proud to be named a Best Place to Work in PA 12 times since 2000. Co-workers are randomly selected to complete a survey provided by the Best Places to Work competition, not by Country Meadows. In fact, we are particularly proud of this award because it is based on 100% anonymous co-worker feedback provided directly to the Best Places to Work organization. Best of luck to you.

Comment – February 1, 2016

Not a fun place to work
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PASeptember 23, 2016
To many people in the upper management staff thought they were able to harass you on a daily basis. I brought these situations up to my supervisor on many occasions to fall on deaf ears. It was my perception of the incidents that was the problem, not the truth to him.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
To many people worry about where and what you are doing

Comment – November 8, 2016

Country Meadows works hard to create a positive environment for co-workers as well as the residents we serve. We have numerous ways for co-workers to report concerns such as reporting them directly to their supervisor. If he or she is uncomfortable doing so, there are procedures in place to take the concern up the line to the executive director, vice president and even our CEO. We also have a co-worker hotline for people to share concerns anonymously. We really do want to hear about any issues because we honestly believe that every company makes mistakes, and what makes Country Meadows one of the best places to work, is what we do about those mistakes or concerns. Thank you for your service.

Fun place to work mainly because of workers and residents
PCA Personal Care Assistant 2/ Mentor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 2, 2016
Management could use a lot of work. That's probably one of the only cons I had to working at meadows. The residents become part of your life and it's a great place to grow as an individual and as a team.

Comment – November 8, 2016

We write this all the time and it is true: our residents are the number one reason co-workers enjoy their jobs. “The residents” is always the highest ranking response in reasons for job satisfaction when we do co-worker surveys. Thank you for your time working with our residents, and best of luck to you in your career.

Rewarding Job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 21, 2016
Residents are sweet and appreciate the care. Co-workers are great and always willing to work together and help out. Management has changed the last few years and the current management team is great to work with.
Pros
affordable meals, great staff, great residents
Cons
death

Comment – November 8, 2016

This job is so rewarding and we truly believe the best benefit is forming relationships with our residents. It’s so good to read that was your experience as well. With the rewards come some emotional challenges. Country Meadows has a confidential Employee Assistance Program available, and our campus chaplains also are a fantastic resource, to help co-workers cope with loss. Thank you so very much for sharing your hard work and caring nature with our residents and team. Best of luck to you in your career.

Great small company
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA 17050October 23, 2016
Was a very employee friendly company that also did not sacrifice quality to residents and staff way of life.

Not much overtime asked.

Good compensation

Work evenly spread so it wasn't too hectic.

Very friendly and family like atmosphere.

Comment – November 8, 2016

Thank you for your time working with our residents and co-workers. And thank you very, very much for many delicious, creative meals and treats! Please stop in and visit us. You are always welcome.

Homely environment with wonderful people
Home care associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me would include giving a resident a shower, possibly preparing breakfast and assisting with personal care, dressing and hygiene. What I have learned is that working in a healthcare environment , especially with the elderly, patience and responsibility are some of the most important qualities to have. My co- workers are very nice. The hardest part of a job like mine was dealing with a death of a resident that you were close too, but also getting "attached" to a resident and then having that resident move out. The best part about my job was always greeting everyone with a smile, having a conversation with a resident and leaving at the end of the day knowing you helped the resident to the best of your ability. The feeling is so rewarding.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks, not enough hours

Comment – August 22, 2016

Thank you so much for this heartfelt note. It does feel good to help people, and we are fortunate that’s what we get to do for a living. But caring also has its challenges. We spend every single day working in our residents’ homes and because we deliver such personal care, and spend a lot of time together, we become very close, almost like family. Because of this, it can be very difficult when residents leave us. If you believe it might help to talk to someone about your feelings, please stop in to see the campus chaplain or take advantage of free professional counseling visits provided to all co-workers through our Employee Assistance Program. Thank you very, very much for giving your all to our residents. The world needs more kind people like you.

Poor management, understaffed all the time, all they care about is filling the rooms not thinking about what kind of people they are bringing in..
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 8, 2016
They frown upon workers being "to close" to the residents and their family members.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to give the proper care that is needed or deserved because they never have enough coverage.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a difference you make in their lives.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
management very stuffy, cold-hearted

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for forming friendships with our residents. The best part of working at Country Meadows is building relationships with our residents. It’s one of the top reasons we hear from co-workers as to why they love working with us. Country Meadows tries our best to staff well, but sometimes issues arise with co-workers not doing their part, and we do try to identify and improve those situations. Country Meadows Retirement Communities is proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania more than 10 times. In addition, our communities in the Lehigh Valley have been voted as a Top Work Place in the Morning Call newspaper’s list of best employers, and Best of the Valley in Lehigh Valley Magazine. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Short-staffed health facility that hustles everyday to get all tasks done.
Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 23, 2016
During a typical day of work I set up, serve, and clean up after over 60 residents in a dining room, twice a day, with the help of one additional dining aid. I have learned to manage myself and my time very effectively because we have a lot to do in a limited time before residents arrive ready for their meal. I have also learned to memorize many things at once. Like any other work facility, there are some co-workers that are helpful and some that aren't. I have learned to deal with both. The hardest part about my job is keep 60+ residents happy at all times with limited help. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacted with older, wiser people everyday and learning from their stories and life experiences.
Pros
Free lunch, good stories from residents
Cons
Short staff, bad distribution of work

Comment – June 24, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank you for working extra hard to serve our residents. As we work to hire additional staff at our Bethlehem campus, your efforts to make sure residents receive delicious meals from friendly co-workers are appreciated. You are right; it is frustrating when co-workers don’t contribute at the level they should. Please feel comfortable to share those concerns with your director or call our toll-free co-worker hotline. Again, thank you for being such a great co-worker, and good friend to our residents.

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU for working extra hard to serve our residents. As we work to hire additional staff at our Bethlehem campus, your efforts to make sure residents receive delicious meals from friendly co-workers are appreciated. You are right; it is frustrating when co-workers don’t contribute at the level they should. Please feel comfortable to share those concerns with your director or call our toll-free co-worker hotline. Again, thank you for being such a great co-worker, and good friend to our residents.

Good job
Caregiver/Med Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORNovember 8, 2016
Its a good job if you dont care what hours you work. But the schedule is definitely not consistent. It is a good starting job for someone interested in medical.
Pros
Free lunches
Nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 27, 2016
Preparing meals for the clients, help with personal needs. Helping with daily living skills. How to be patience with clients with special needs. Management was very professional. Very helpful is the best way to describe my co-workers. Losing Clients to death is the hardest part of this job. The most enjoyable part of my job was enjoying a moment with my clients

Comment – April 4, 2016

Thank you very much for being part of our team. Surely your hard work meant the world to many of our residents and their families. Best of luck to you.

Cm
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 15, 2015
This place was nice to work at due to the employees that you work with and the teamwork you show. Otherwise it wasnt a nice place. The salary you get is too low for the work expected. Then management never listens when you tell them problems to fix to make the work environment a better place.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Country Meadows is incredibly proud of our team and it’s great to read that you were part of a strong group. In fact, we think our co-workers are among the best in senior care. That is why our organization works hard to provide a strong benefits package and wages that are very competitive in this field. I’m sorry you feel that your concerns were not addressed. Co-workers are encouraged to share feedback with management at various levels. We also have a 24-hour anonymous hotline for co-workers to share concerns. Best of luck to you in your future career.

worst job ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 21, 2016
meds poured and labeled an hour before pass time. Skilled residents in personal care. One nurse on nights and weekends for the entire building. Things going on between dementia residents in the dementia unit is a joke to the staff. Take your license and run

Comment – August 24, 2016

As a personal care community, Country Meadows of Lancaster actually staffs higher than we are required to do so by the Commonwealth. Our team works with residents’ families to share each person’s challenges and successes. Family input together with our team’s hard work, allows Country Meadows to reach our goal to provide every resident with the highest possible quality of life. Please feel free to call our anonymous co-worker hotline to share concerns you have. Best of luck to you.

Very fast paced
Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 9, 2016
Very great place to work i could say i learned a lot of communication skills and got to meet some amazing residents who live there. The co workers are very hardworking
Pros
free food
Cons
short shifts

Comment – November 8, 2016

Country Meadows is blessed to have a fantastic team of co-workers. In fact, we think they are among the best in the field. Thank you for your note and for working as part of our team. Be sure to drop by from time to time and visit with your Country Meadows family.

Wonderful company with alot of room to advance!
Medication Associate/ PCA1 (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 23, 2015
I started at Country Meadows in Mechanicsburg in the Alzheimers & Dimensia unit. I loved it. After only 3-4 months I had about a .50 cent raise & leveled up to a PCA1. I had always wanted to work with medicine so after 6 months I applied for the Medication Associate position & got it. I moved up quickly after just 7 months & make a decent rate. My managers are always willing to talk with me, work with me regarding any issues, & always do their best to help me. They were always willing to work with me & my school schedule. They've done many things to always help their employees. They also have good programs to help you with certain schooling. They have competitive rates & if you are a hard worker & do your job you can work your way up in the company. Every workplace has their own drama & issues but if Country Meadows is honestly a place where I truly enjoy working. The Mechanicsburg location has wonderful management. Building 4 is where I work & my bosses are amazing. However, if you don't truly enjoy Geriatrics & helping improve quality of life with the elderly, then DON'T work here. They only want people who have a passion for helping others & if you don't take your job seriously then don't work here. Otherwise, it's a wonderful place to be employed by.
Pros
Management, Atmosphere, Company advancement, Competitive rates, Flexible scheduling, Family oriented
Cons
You MUST work every other weekend & holiday

Comment – August 31, 2015

Thank you for your lovely note. Your experience is a perfect example of Country Meadows’ Career Paths in action. As you know, our organization works hard to promote co-workers who perform well. It is great to read that you took advantage of the Career Paths available to you, and we hope you continue to do so. There are additional opportunities for tuition reimbursement and educational resources should you want to continue to climb the ladder. Good for you! If only we could clone you! You are absolutely correct: working with our elders is very difficult work. However, it is probably some of the most rewarding work you can do, and the relationships we build with residents are incredible. Thank you so very much for sharing your talents with us!

good job
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJune 29, 2016
they close out their home care work. I would be still there.
because you work in elderly people individually. did not really
work with other people. With people who needed 24 hour
care you saw people who relieved you.
Pros
met some nice clients
Cons
clients died

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for your time working with our clients and their families. Obviously you enjoyed getting to know wonderful people and helping to improve their lives. Best of luck to you.

Comment – July 15, 2016

No turning back
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 10, 2016
Not a pleasant experience. Horrible training. Couldn't trust my coworkers. Their excuse to get rid of me was unbelievable. Yet other employees got away with stuff and didn't get in trouble. I will never ever work for this company again. It's all lies!!!!
Pros
Free drinks and desserts
Cons
Just terrible

Comment – June 24, 2016

We’re sorry your experience working with our team was challenging. It’s difficult when we feel that way at work, because we spend so many hours there. Please visit our profile for contact information to share your observations with our Home Office so any potential issues may be addressed. Country Meadows is proud to be named one of the Best Places to Work in PA more than 10 times, and Best of York by the York Daily Record and Sunday News. Best of luck to you.

2.7