Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Love the people i take care of
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSAugust 17, 2017
I enjoy my job. But no advancement or raises. No benefits. I work the nightshift. So I get to be there when everyone wakes up. The patrons always seem to Brighton my mornings!
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
No benifits
Nice looking place but not enough staff ever
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 11, 2017
Nice looking place, friendly staff. As a nurse you work short always and people get away with anything. Nurse do bare minamal and the resident pay a fortune to live there. What a shame! Staff is friendly, but you always work short .
Pros
Food and it's clean
Cons
You work alone a lot with little to no support
love the residents
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 8, 2017
The Residents are amazing they became my Family as i Became theirs. The activites for the residents is good. We had live shows for the residents , Fashion show. we had couples renew their vows.
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
said when they was sick
Clean place but expect too much for little pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 29, 2017
The management like you as long as you agree with them and give them what they want. The workplace is clean but many staff members are discouraged by the the workload and criticisms of supervisors. The nursing staff are often short. Many of the nurses and aides work happily together.
Great Company
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 10, 2017
Country Meadows is a great company to work for. Coworkers and management are friendly and very helpful. I have loved the time I have spent working here. However, I'm a Home Care Aid and the schedule is terrible. While it is very flexible, it's hard because they are generally just 1-4 hour shifts that bounce around in the day. It makes having a life outside of work extremely difficult. And if you do have other activities outside of work, it's very hard to get enough hours in during the week to make a good living. I would love to become a PCA and have more hours, and regular hours.
Pros
$2 meal ticket, friendly people, residents
Cons
Schedule
July 26, 2017

Thank you for all you do for our residents. We are proud to offer co-workers opportunities to advance their careers. Please consider applying for a PCA position which offers Career Paths for you to gain more skills and move up the ladder. You have such a positive attitude and with that, you will go far at Country Meadows. Good luck!

Unfair expectations, favoritism
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 6, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've worked in a long time. If I called of because my infant child was ill it was not considered a liable excuse to call off of work.
They attempt to cut hours to save their paychecks when they're already short staffed.
First shift has all supervisors on, 4-5 people designated to entertain the residents. Second shift has less medical staff than first and no people designated for entertainment, so the workload is much larger and much more difficult.
Extremely unprofessional management who blames second shift for the root of all their problems.
Pros
Learning to work with elderly and dementia patients
Cons
Everything else
July 26, 2017

As you know, our residents are our number one priority, and so we can continue to provide the exceptional service our customers deserve, we are not cutting hours. We strongly encourage you to speak to your campus executive director to clarify some of your concerns. As a family-owned company, family comes first. With that in mind, a sick child is a legitimate reason to call off of work, but you are still calling off work therefore it is coded as such. As previously stated, our residents deserve the best and we need to have co-workers report to work as scheduled to provide those services. We do have managers on-site during evening shifts as well as a nurse. Thank you so much for caring for the residents and serving as part of our team.

n/a
CNA, Medication Associate (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 5, 2017
The residents and my co-workers are the best! Country Meadows in Hershey is a people, family and a pet friendly environment. They make you feel complete and happy working with them. :)
July 26, 2017

Thank you so much for caring for our residents, sharing your wonderful attitude and being part of our team!

South Hills Campus seriously scary experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJune 26, 2017
Seriously awful experience. Upper management is a joke, be prepare to be written up if you breath wrong, and if you have a complaint you have to go above their heads to get anything solved. Upper management protects certain managers and will retaliate if you try to address issues. Home office seems to be very nice, but they seem to be unaware of how seriously hostile and scary South Hills Campus is. Stay away!
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
July 26, 2017

We are very proud of our South Hills management team. In fact, our president recently spent a few days on campus, and received numerous compliments from residents, families and co-workers. In speaking with several co-workers and managers, which he does routinely, no one mentioned anything such as you state. Further, morale seems to be very good. We invite you to share more information with our Human Resources team at the Home Office. Please view our profile for contact information.

Equal hours given and $2.00 meals.
Personal Care Associate II (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 17, 2017
Loved the $2.00 meals and liked a consistent schedule but the pay was not equal to the level of work that you performed. It is supposed to be an assisted living facility but I was taking care of people like it was a nursing home.
Pros
Consistent schedule, and $2.00 meals.
Cons
Not enough pay or staff for all of the work.
June 30, 2017

Working with our elders is a very challenging job and we think it is one of the most important. Country Meadows works hard to pay competitive wages and provides a full benefits package to our co-workers. Co-workers who want to advance their knowledge and skills, as well as their career, can receive pay increases and opportunities for advancement with successful Career Path program completion. After all, greater knowledge deserves greater pay. Thank you for being part of our team and good luck to you!

Poor place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 10, 2017
This place has no team work, unfriendly coworkers, high staff turn over, chaotic, and usually only one nurse in the building evening and night shift. It was the worst employment experience of my career.
Pros
cheap, quality employee meals
Cons
Unfriendly, counterproductive coworkers
June 30, 2017

Working in health care is very challenging and it takes a very special person to care for others. A challenging job should never be made more difficult by our co-workers. Turnover in the senior living industry is very, very high and Country Meadows works hard to hire the best people and retain good co-workers. Among those co-workers are our valuable nurses. Country Meadows does have a nurse in each of our buildings on second and third shifts unless there is an unusual situation. In fact, as a personal care community, Country Meadows is not required by Pennsylvania state regulations to have any nurses on site. However, we strive to staff at a level higher than is required to provide our residents with exceptional care. Good luck to you.

not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2017
it has been some time since I worked for this employer so I do not feel it is appropriate for me to provide any additional information about this company
June 5, 2017

Country Meadows Retirement Communities has locations only in Pennsylvania and Maryland. Perhaps your note was meant for another company.

Company-wide problems
Manager (Former Employee) –  YorkMay 29, 2017
There are two overarching problems that I've seen time and time again throughout the company, day-to-day management and corporate leadership and direction.
The day to day management varies because most mid level employees either do not have the experience or training to manage staff.
Corporate leadership is scattered at best, like the left hand doesn't really know what the right is doing. There isn't one solitary vision in mind. Goals are disjointed and muddled, plans are poorly designed and executed. It's almost like they have a vague idea of what they want, but have no clue how to deliver. They have policies and procedures in place but they end up being so vague as to be meaningless. This leads to positions being a hodgepodge of various confusing and conflicting duties, supervision heavy on goals but light in direction.
It was truly the worst employment experience of my life and, to this day, have difficulty coming to terms with how I was treated and ultimately setup to fail. I think the worst part is that I asked for help many times and was turned down or turned away every time. It was easier to blame me than to address the very real and concerning issues of care, management, and staffing.
Just don't, a job isn't worth that level of anxiety inducing stress, isn't worth the blame, the pointless and constant meetings where nothing is solved and time is wasted. It isn't worth the dramatics, the back-stabbing, the complete lack of support or guidance. Just don't.
June 29, 2017

We are very proud of the teams we have assembled at both of our York locations and no concerns such as yours have been brought to our executive team. So that we can look into your allegations and prevent this situation from happening again for other co-workers, please consider calling our Home Office to speak with our Vice President of Human Resources. Best of luck to you in your career.

Friendly Staff
Asst. Community Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMay 23, 2017
Listed many times as one of the top 100 Best Companies to work for. There are many opportunities for training and advancement. The most enjoyable par of the job is working with the residents.
Pros
$2.00 meal tickets
Cons
Working weekends and holidays.
June 30, 2017

Thank you for your note. It is because of co-workers like you that Country Meadows is able to deliver high quality services to our residents, who deserve the best. Best of luck to you and please stop in and visit your Country Meadows family from time to time.

A great place to work!
Pianist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMay 11, 2017
A typical day at Country Meadows in enthusiastic. I've learned a great deal concerning dementia and brain injuries. The workplace culture is very professional and I truly enjoy my job.
May 23, 2017

What a great note! Thank you for your positive attitude and desire to learn new ways to help our older adults. Our residents LOVE music—thank you very much for sharing your talents with them and Country Meadows. Keep on rocking!

Allentown country meadow
PCA (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 10, 2017
This company doesn't care about the employee. This place had a meeting before asking the employees why do you think people leave the company well let see you really don't care about your employee. No communication always misleading the employee. I'm even thinking of calling the corporate office to give a complaint to let them that they need to look into this place and how they treat their employee.
Pros
Like to care for the elderly
May 23, 2017

Country Meadows absolutely cares about each and every co-worker. To demonstrate how much Country Meadows appreciates team members, the organization offers a rich benefits package to support co-workers and their families, provides programs such as Helping Hand Loans and Co-Worker Fund grants to help co-workers experiencing financial challenges and free Career Paths for co-workers to learn and move up the ladder. Please reach out to share any concerns you have. If you prefer to share your concerns anonymously, please call our confidential hotline, or if you prefer, contact the Home Office directly. Thank you for all you do for our residents. Country Meadows values every member of our team.

its a process but they are showing some improvement slowly
Medication Technician/Personal Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 27, 2017
Management has gotten a lot better over the years however, I think country Meadows still needs to have better communication with each other, work together as a team. The most enjoyable thing of my job is my residents.
Pros
residents
Cons
communication, no career path
May 23, 2017

The residents ARE wonderful and it’s great to read that you are enjoying their company. That really is the biggest job perk! We agree that sometimes simple communication can be a challenge, especially when we have multiple co-workers on multiple shifts. That’s why we are working on ways to improve communication on every campus and invite your insights. Please contact the Home Office to share your thoughts. Also, in case you were not aware, Country Meadows offers free Career Path training programs to co-workers who want to advance their knowledge and skills. Co-worker who successfully complete Career Paths receive pay increases and opportunities for advancement. We truly believe that hard work should be rewarded. Please consider taking advantage of these free programs to advance your career, and thank you for being part of our team. Enjoy those residents!

great place to live and work .
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 19, 2017
I have been at country meadows for almost 3 years and I absolutely love it there, they appreciate their workers and the staff works together. The staff is not only hard working but they are happy to be there which makes the environment so much easier to work in.
May 23, 2017

Thank you for such a lovely note. We know that happy co-workers help make residents even happier and we appreciate your positive nature. You seem like a perfect candidate for our free Career Path training program. Co-workers who want to advance their knowledge and skills, as well as their career, can receive pay increases and opportunities for advancement with successful program completion. After all, greater knowledge deserves greater pay. All you need to do is see your manager for details. Please keep smiling and thank you for all you do!

good company
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 19, 2017
It is a good place to work. The management always tried to listen to the staff. They really try hard to keep overall employee happiness up. I would work there again.
May 23, 2017

Thank you very much for your compliment to management. Please come visit us soon and keep us in mind if you do decide to return. Thanks for your work to make life better for our residents.

Taking care of people
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 13, 2017
Country Meadows is a great place to work. Real team effort given, very friendly environment. Management team is well put together. I would recommend anyone to work here as a place of employment.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Schedule
May 23, 2017

Thank you for your kind words about the Frederick team. We are very proud of our Maryland team of co-workers. Please stop by and pay us a visit sometime. Best of luck to you in your career.

home care and personal care
Home Care Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 3, 2017
vitals cooking cleaning transportation reminder of medication personal care (hygiene) run errands Alzheimer's unit animal care
management was flexible and understanding you learned new things everyday. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smile on my clients faces when they were having a bad day
Pros
very flexible understanding
Cons
stopped in home care
May 23, 2017

Caring for seniors is difficult work but it is incredibly rewarding. Thank you for making the day brighter for our residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Country Meadows Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8