County of Contra Costa Employee Reviews

Productive and family friendly place to work
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I loved my job as an Eligibility Worker. I loved the people I worked with and working with the customers there. The management team was great and I especially enjoyed working with my supervisor because she definitely cared about each of her team members.
Seemed like a place to just show up.
Information Systems Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 2, 2017
As with any government entity there were many rigid rules and regulations which inhibits one's growth potential. The auditor-controller's office noticed my ethics and professionalism in accounting but they were not my immediate superiors. "Nobody likes the auditor," said one prominent member of that office.
Pros
Stable employment during the Great Recession
Cons
Hard to advance or express opinions.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work is getting your work done and having a good communication with other employees. Learning different jobs and keeping busy at all time.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 24, 2017
Excellent benefits and opportunity to move into other positions within the county. Call center environment. Some supervisors were lazy but mine was amazing.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Typical government environment
Information Systems Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Never called in sick for seven years. Never missed a payroll deadline. Worked in conjunction with Auditor-Controllers office.
Pros
Busy days makes time go fast.
Cons
Only male in entire ofice.
Position Opening
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Martinez,CaliforniaOctober 24, 2013
I have been trying over two years getting on board and the sad thing is I have over 30+ years in the clinical laboratory field so very little training required. I would like to get an answer on this from management on this issue very frustrated on their decision.
Benefits
Cons
Work Conditions