County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Good work place.
IT User Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2017
Was ok to work there. Was a contract job, so really did not pay much attention to a lot of details.

Just did the work assigned to me.

Work atmosphere was ok.
Pros
work ok
Cons
real fast paced sometimes.
Repetitive work
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 14, 2017
Performed data entry and maintenance, for new providers.
Entering claims identified and removed obstacles to ensure highest quality claims outcomes.
Assisted providers and answered incoming calls daily.
Maintained and manage multiple Excel spreadsheets consisting of various data.
Create different type of VOE’s using county format.
Print and scan documents daily into county management system.
Manage data questions from employees regarding paychecks, timecards and other payroll related issues.
Great work atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 9, 2017
Work hard to acknowledge your great employees and their contributions and efforts while they are employed under your leadership; not as they are walking out the door on their way to another job. Face the problem employees and hold them to the standards and policies required as part of the job description and departmental expectations. Keep one standard for all. Hold problem employees accountable and publicly.
Great place and experience
Public Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 9, 2017
I was a young college student working for the county. The job was fun and gave me a lot of insight and skills. I enjoyed working for the parks district and with different people young and old.
For the most part a nice place to work
Accounting Technician I (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2017
Some departments within the county are very unfair to good, hard working employees. If certain co-workers decide they don't not care for you and they are "in with management" you are judge and treated poorly, no matter how you succeed at your job.
great place to work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 11, 2017
verify vital records and currently providing customer service at the receptionist desk. Mail distribution and logging in mail into a daily log and answer incoming calls.
plesant and fun work place
ASSESSOR-CLERK RECORDER TECH TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 28, 2017
nice people, daily routine easy task, great environment, easy work, sometimes too much work but easy, I liked it will work again there is hired, job location close to my home.
Fun and challenging place to work
Assistant Print Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 27, 2017
Each day was a new experience from the files sent to the finishing of jobs and the delivery. My job consisted of moving jobs thru production, setting up equipment for finishing.
Pros
Breaks, 9-80 schedule holidays off
Cons
They closed
productive
Temporary front desk (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CAJune 21, 2017
really helps you help people, so many thankful people from your help. its amazing even tho you do get some ghetto people but its ok and very easy to deal with.
Pros
amazing company to work for
Great Company
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2017
It was a great experience working for this company for several years I enjoyed assisting people in their search for employment and improving their job skills.
ED, always something new to learn.
Medical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 14, 2017
A typical day, talking to patients, staff and visitors. Answering a very busy phone & helping visitors to locate patients. I learned there are a plethora of unhealthy and sad people in the world. Management is the best, they support education and there is plenty of room for advancement. The workplace culture is great, the hardest part of the job is watching families breakdown when a death occurred. The staff, they are a very caring group of RNs, LVNs and physicians, the most enjoyable part is knowing you are a part of a team to help save a life.
Pros
Management supports education
Cons
12 hour shifts
great experience
Personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 11, 2017
love helping others i learned alot would give anything to have another job helping otheres who are really in need when they have no family around or just need simple errands ran i assist on daily activities doctors appointments
Beware of the cliques!!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 8, 2017
For the most part, fellow employees are great. Work hours are great and work load can be heavy at times, but that helps the time go by fast! Benefits are good and retirement should be nice if you can make it.

The major problem i have are the cliques. The HR department is supposed to be he model for the other departments, however, from the day I transferred onto the 7th floor, it has been a nightmare. If you aren't in with the right group of girls, your life will be miserable. It appears the leader or leaders of these cliques reach all of the way to the directors and their secretaries. I am told the HR are director has been informed and is aware of these issues, but apparently is unwilling or to weak of manager to control it.

I am hoping to transfer out to my old department at the earliest opening!
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
7th floor, management and cliques
Excellent company to work for and be able to help people in need on a daily basis with Medical Ins, Food Stamps or Cash Aid
Office Assistant II - Public Social Service (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 7, 2017
Very busy and a fulfilling position to help our society in times of need. Never to judge a person by their appearance not knowing their walk of life and circumstances that they have been through to come and has us help them. Being sympathetic and being able to hear and listen in order to give assistance where needed. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours in the day to help others and having to return and hope they do the same. Loving what I do to help others and feeling fulfilled that my daily work at my most highest level of excellence is accomplished on a daily basis.
Pros
Great environment - team work with others
You work hard.
Park Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 5, 2017
I can not speak for most of the County, but I have heard outside our group it is a bad place to work. In the group I work for, we have great supervisors and enjoy coming to work every day for the most part. We work extremely hard most of the year and our bodies get beat up.
Pros
You are helping the wild life and preserving nature for the future.
Cons
Don't really get paid for what you do.
Job security and benefits
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2017
Its a good place to work for overall. The major complaint would be management. There is favoritism and some co workers act like they are in high school.
Pros
Job Security
Productive environment
Computer-Based Training Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 31, 2017
The supervisors at the County of Riverside Department of Public Social Services Staff Development Center provide a work environment with an admirable balance between productivity and fun.
job requirement
System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 25, 2017
IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets including approaches used by other agencies to design secure solutions for application requirements; Anticipating, identifying, evaluating, mitigating, and minimizing risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities and recommending technology-specific solutions
Pros
Communication
Cons
Teamwork
Interesting field
Employment Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAMay 24, 2017
I have an amazing time working for Child Protective Services for Riverside County. No day was like the last. The staff was fun to be around and there was a sense of comraderie. I would love to have the opportunity to return in the future.
Pros
years of combined experience and knowledge
great training program
Employment Services Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMay 24, 2017
Excellent place to work, lots of advancement opportunities. Fair and equal opportunities for work. Training program is the best. Management was very fair and supportive.
Pros
training
Cons
hard work