County of Riverside

County of Riverside Employer Reviews

Not a very productive working environment as most individuals place importance on everything else first and their work last.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 26, 2014
Majority of fellow employees on my team appear to take their jobs for granted and really don't appreciate being employed or willing to be responsible. The lead person is not qualified for a position of leadership as he is very inexperienced in this type of work, gives wrong advice and is a mediocre lead person at best.
clean hospital
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Banning, CAAugust 19, 2014
lots of work to do , keep your day going fast , very nice coworker
Fast paced and busy
Admissions & Collections Clerk (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 6, 2014
I enjoy my job and what I do, I enjoy helping the patients and the staff.
I only worked through the TAP program.
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Hemet CaAugust 4, 2014
I really enjoyed my coworker in this job, I only worked as a Temp and wasn't there very long. It was the first time I had worked in mental health/substance abuse. It was interesting, and at one time I considered changing my major, but decided to stick with what I've been doing.
Excellent Work Environment With Flexible Hours
Caregiver (Current Employee), Desert Hot SpringsJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: hard to make a salary that a person can survive on
Excellent Company to work for, I kept this job all through high school and after, Great for medical benefits but lack upward mobility in the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Health Services Assistant (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: gaining knowledge and skills
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job is patient care and interactions with co-workers.
Very structured environment
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: holidays, 9/80's & 10/40 work schedules, department festivities
Cons: layoffs
During my 7yrs. with the County of Riverside experienced many ups and downs.
The work environment was very structured and fast paced in the Auditor Controller's Dept. The volume of payables (vouchers) was always high and we were expected to meet the needs of the counties departments through out the IE.
I learned a lot while I was there, i.e. Power Point – more... presentations, Microsoft and Excel spreadsheet preparations along with exerting excellent customer service skills to various vendors and internal customers.
Although management could be demanding at times, we as co-workers did master the skills of coming together in a team effort to meet the daily, weekly and monthly department goals in a timely manner.
Overall, my 7 year term there was highly rewarding until the unexpected day when I was laid off work because of budgetary purposes. – less
Fun and rewarding to see animals adopted
Volunteer (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: seeing animals adopted
I hope to increase my hours volunteering during the week days when I retire.
Ok place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 9, 2014
Management was not organized and a lot of favoritism. The hardest part were the hours and the amount of workload granted that we had lots of call offs meaning tired and disgrunted workers.
My Time at County of Riverside
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 15, 2014
My co-workers were AWESOME!! The work was steady. The manager was power hungry.
Happy to work for county as temp, good work
Temporary Elections Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: as a temp. i liked feeling i was part of a large business again.
Cons: lack of seating for breaks.
I enjoyed my time as a temporary employee. I was trained for a little over a day at my duties but was placed in another position after training ended. Like most jobs, the employment at the Registrar of Voters had various personalities.
Good Friendly Place
Temporary Elections Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside CAJune 10, 2014
very good place, 8-5 1 hour lunch, co-workers good peoples, job was not hard
Exciting, challenging, interesting job
Sworn Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee), Riverside, Ca.May 16, 2014
Pros: cool company car, community respect, power to make a difference
Cons: polotics, broken justice system
Typical day: No such thing

I learned things are not always what they appear.

I liked that management did not micro manage.

My co-workers were all very independent.

The hardest part of the job was the hours. Odd shifts, graveyards, etc.

The best part was when you had the chance to really help someone.
Diverse work staff.
DPSS, Staff Development, Fiscal (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: great opportunity, and a diverse work force.
Cons: occasionally, the appropriate procedures may be overlooked.
The County of Riverside provides a great opportunity for professionals. With the Department of Social Services, social workers strive to provide needed services for clientele.
Meaningful and challenging work
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 3, 2014
Working in local government can be challenging, and in these economic times it is certainly not as secure as it once was. However, the benefits remain adequate and the pay is competitive.

More importantly, the sector of local government that I have worked in for the past 14 years has a moral reward. There is a feeling of accomplishment in that I recognize – more... that I can and have made a difference in the lives of many families. What I have accomplished here matters.

Although the department is quite large, there is a sense of "family" and the majority of employees within the department have long tenure of 10, 20, even 40 years. The fact is that we spend more time with each other than with our own families. We respect each other, work well together, and recognize that what we do is important. The vast majority of department employees, from executive management to line staff, genuinely care and do everything in our power to meet or exceed our mission and achieve our departmental goals.

It has been my sincere pleasure and reward to work in this department and with these extraordinary people. However, times are changing and the way of IT in local government is changing, as well. Consequently, I am looking for a new challenge and opportunity to make a difference. – less
Rewarding
Licensed Vocational Nurse II - ETS Unit (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 28, 2014
I Assist those who are in need. What i have learned is compassion for others. Management is excellent, very helpful. Co-workers are team players. The hardest part of the job is the risk of safety. The most enjoyable part is that it is rewarding.
Nice place to work
Elections Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 19, 2014
Nice place to work, stable company and good benefits. They have lots of job openings.
SELF GRATIFYING
Caregiver (Former Employee), Blythe, CAMarch 18, 2014
Job was monitoring medications, everything else was self explantory
Great oppurtinuty to serve the community
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: schedule and flexibility
Cons: management at the clinics had much turnover
County of Riverside was an excellent place to work as I had the opportunity to learn and develop. The physicians truly enjoyed their work. I was blessed enough to work with great staff that inspired me to continue my education.
Great Place!
decline to identify (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2014
I worked for the county for approximately 8 years. Benefits are great. There were 2 separate hiring freezes and step increase freezes while I was there.

1 2 3 4 5