County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Challenge as a Foster Parents
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 11, 2017
At work, being a foster mom is a hard work 24/7. I learned that foster deaf kids talked vary excuses. I disliked foster child lied and hide secrets. My job is to teach them life skills, take them to doctors, and school meeting,etc. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I watched two deaf foster kids learned their responsibilities.
Pros
ASL communicate
Cons
Hearing social workers not experience with deaf children, repeatedly request them to provided sign language interpreter for any meeting
Good benefits
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CASeptember 7, 2017
Advance each year. If young, promotional positions possible. When older, excluded from activities and was reassigned to position 50 miles from my home.
benefits
Cons
Only want to hire young people
Very rewarding
Public Authority Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Norco, CA 92860September 7, 2017
Multiple benefits offered, such as dental, optical, medical, prescription, life insurance, workers comp. and an option to join the Domestic Workers Union.
Pros
Union, and starting pay rate raise to 15 dollars 2019
Cons
11 dollars an hour until 2019
Very fast paced and stressful, but enjoyable.
Assessor Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 4, 2017
My role at the County of Riverside is to provide public service for filing of legal documents and performing civil wedding ceremonies. Extremely fast-paced position.
Pros
Job Security
Eligibilty
Eligibility Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 31, 2017
Working with the DPSS is very interesting. There is a lot to learn and changes every day. Which makes the job not boring at all. It makes the days go by quick.
Productive and fun workplace in team-work.
Supervisor/Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  County of Riverside CA.August 31, 2017
Company operations Review Summary
1. A typical day at work 1b. Coordinated staff training in accounts payable systems.
2. What you learned 2b. Reviewed contract agreement products and services deliveries.
3. Management 3b. Developed budgets analysis, reconciled accounts payables monthly. Produced management information in financial statements.
4. Workplace culture 4b. Staff working relations in alignment with Government Laws, rules and regulations. Good team-work; eating together last Fridays, monthly.
5. The hardest part of the job 5b. Effective public relationships with respect to new rules and regulations in revenue increase and or decrease in claims payments.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job 6b. Pay check by direct deposit to personal account in the banks.
Pros
Bring your lunch for team meetings last Fridays, monthly.
Cons
Improved staff relationships, efficiency and trust.
The gift of helping people is enormous!
Medical Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 21, 2017
My day consists of working with a talented Physician and staff who are commited to Patient care with an emphasis on excellence. I will not trade that for anything. The value of what we do is more than anyone could want in money and power, it is humanity at its greatest!
I am simply looking for Christmas work.
I need to have extra money for my daughter whom I will NOT let down :)
I would rate the County like I would rate everyone else; just trying to find itself in a new world with information moving faster than we are used to and trying to find harmony, balance, and productive means.
Pros
big family
Cons
information is hard to confirm.
Productive and fun work place
Eligibility Services Clerk (TAP) (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 17, 2017
For the most part everyone is helpful and friendly competitive. The hours were great and went well with home life/home. Management was both understanding and helpful
Good work place.
IT User Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2017
Was ok to work there. Was a contract job, so really did not pay much attention to a lot of details.

Just did the work assigned to me.

Work atmosphere was ok.
Pros
work ok
Cons
real fast paced sometimes.
Repetitive work
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 14, 2017
Performed data entry and maintenance, for new providers.
Entering claims identified and removed obstacles to ensure highest quality claims outcomes.
Assisted providers and answered incoming calls daily.
Maintained and manage multiple Excel spreadsheets consisting of various data.
Create different type of VOE’s using county format.
Print and scan documents daily into county management system.
Manage data questions from employees regarding paychecks, timecards and other payroll related issues.
Great work atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 9, 2017
Work hard to acknowledge your great employees and their contributions and efforts while they are employed under your leadership; not as they are walking out the door on their way to another job. Face the problem employees and hold them to the standards and policies required as part of the job description and departmental expectations. Keep one standard for all. Hold problem employees accountable and publicly.
Great place and experience
Public Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 9, 2017
I was a young college student working for the county. The job was fun and gave me a lot of insight and skills. I enjoyed working for the parks district and with different people young and old.
For the most part a nice place to work
Accounting Technician I (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2017
Some departments within the county are very unfair to good, hard working employees. If certain co-workers decide they don't not care for you and they are "in with management" you are judge and treated poorly, no matter how you succeed at your job.
great place to work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 11, 2017
verify vital records and currently providing customer service at the receptionist desk. Mail distribution and logging in mail into a daily log and answer incoming calls.
plesant and fun work place
ASSESSOR-CLERK RECORDER TECH TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 28, 2017
nice people, daily routine easy task, great environment, easy work, sometimes too much work but easy, I liked it will work again there is hired, job location close to my home.
Fun and challenging place to work
Assistant Print Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 27, 2017
Each day was a new experience from the files sent to the finishing of jobs and the delivery. My job consisted of moving jobs thru production, setting up equipment for finishing.
Pros
Breaks, 9-80 schedule holidays off
Cons
They closed
productive
Temporary front desk (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CAJune 21, 2017
really helps you help people, so many thankful people from your help. its amazing even tho you do get some ghetto people but its ok and very easy to deal with.
Pros
amazing company to work for
Great Company
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2017
It was a great experience working for this company for several years I enjoyed assisting people in their search for employment and improving their job skills.
ED, always something new to learn.
Medical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 14, 2017
A typical day, talking to patients, staff and visitors. Answering a very busy phone & helping visitors to locate patients. I learned there are a plethora of unhealthy and sad people in the world. Management is the best, they support education and there is plenty of room for advancement. The workplace culture is great, the hardest part of the job is watching families breakdown when a death occurred. The staff, they are a very caring group of RNs, LVNs and physicians, the most enjoyable part is knowing you are a part of a team to help save a life.
Pros
Management supports education
Cons
12 hour shifts
great experience
Personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 11, 2017
love helping others i learned alot would give anything to have another job helping otheres who are really in need when they have no family around or just need simple errands ran i assist on daily activities doctors appointments