County of Riverside Employee Reviews

Extremely fast pace and I loved it.
Office Assistant II/Health Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 22, 2016
Responsible for maintaining several billing systems including SMS billing and Med-Cal approval system for clinical billing. Devising forms to secure data and determining proper format of finished reports. The hardest part of my job was retiring after 9 years. I watched our department grow from 3 employees to 27 employees when I retired.
Pros
The fast pace, the more chaotic the better.
Cons
The turn over of employees
great place lousy pay
Children's Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 15, 2016
A great place to gain experience and learn new skills. Management open to suggestions and willing to offer help when needed. great place to work
Working Within the Community - Public Health
Health Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2014
I like working within the community helping others to achieve healthy lifestyles. It is very rewarding to interact with others as well as collaborate with organizations to learn how to help others who are less fortunate in lower income areas. This is the most enjoyable part of my job. However, I am stifled in my current job situation within nutrition because I have not obtained my food services degree to become a dietician. I have over 10 years experience within the field of nutrition, but management has changed the criteria in allowing employees to promote without a nutrition education degree. The hardest part is dealing with the political atmosphere and nature within the county departments.
Pros
Interacting within the community
Cons
High cost of healthcare benefits
Nice place to work
HOSPITAL SUPPLY TECNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 20, 2016
Very organized facility with the latest in medical care and treatment. It is a full-service Hospital with all diagnostic departments in place.
Pros
Heathcare and Dental
Bad management
social worker (Former Employee) –  Moreno ValleyApril 30, 2013
There is no recognition or caring for employees. All management cares about are numbers (how many cases you completed/entered). The female supervisor says at meetings, "the numbers look bad but you guys are working hard, otherwise the numbers would be worse". Okay? It is a joke. The Moreno Valley IHSS office is one of the worst offices to be in. I have been in other APS offices and they have lower caseloads and the job is much easier and the coworkers are decent. It makes no sense why the workload is so much higher at this office because we all get paid the same. Employees are not happy but management could care less, as long as they look good. Employees are not treated well here but there is no one to advocate. The best thing to do is leave like I did. Sad...
benefits
Cons
Ridiculously HIGH workload
Productive and fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of making the staff and residents of the were completly satisfied with my work ethic and costumer service.
What i learned was know matter how hard the work got ,just do it.
My management and supervisors were very helpful considering how much we do for them.
My co-workers were the most helpful people i ever worked with and i can myself if a co worker needed help ill be more then happy to ablige them with help.
The hardest part of the job must of been dealing with the pain the went thru when a family member past away.
The most enjoyable part of the job must been helping all the ones who needed help.
Pros
the respect people gave me an the free coffee
Cons
healthcare, benefits
County of Riverside promotes unethical behavior.
crime analyst (Former Employee) –  riversideNovember 4, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of the supervisor constantly harassing you for updates on work before even giving you time to complete it. The (favored) staff gathered into each others cubicles along with the supervisor and laughed at clients. Clients were called "dumb" and "stupid" when they were unable to complete required paperwork. If information was shared with the supervisor he told other staff members which I am sure has to be a violation of the company's policies. The county promotes unethical behavior and this is why I left. I choose not to be a part of this absolute nonsense.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
extremely poor management.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 5, 2016
Very nice place to work, everyday was something new, great people to work with, opportunities to advance to other departments, were always there, mamangers were great to work with
Pros
learn something new every day
"Low values"
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 29, 2014
I like my day to day routine as an officer but this is a typical government organization which means that it doesnt matter how much hard work you put in, as long as you know the big shots at the very top. i have seen coworkers who suck up to management practically get away with anything there heart desires. if you are genuinely a hard worker and don't have a kiss butt relationship with management then you are as good as dirt. coworkers are not into working as a team and are very nasty and cut throat as are upper management. it is a "kill or be killed" mentality which makes the County of Riverside what it truly is.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrid upper management, lack of ethics
I really enjoyed taking care of the kids
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 23, 2016
It was a wonderful job..pay was great . only left because we relocated back to los Angeles. Really miss this job.the county of riverside is a great place to work for..the company is great friendly staff.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
You get paid once a month
Good
Assessor Clerk/Recorder Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 14, 2016
Aid the general public and other governmental agencies by answering questions relating to legal documents, titles, deeds, marriages, death, birth certificates, recording fees and all other general information. Research, retrieve and process legal documents that have been lost or misdirected. Read and interpret code/laws in order to explain to the public these regulation. Help upper management with their job management.
Warning!!!
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousNovember 19, 2014
Worked 12+ years for this company. I did not realize it was a Pandora's box. The management were bullies. One particular regional manager was a monster but they promoted him! They promote people who lack people skills. If you're thinking of working for this company, DON'T! Your mental health will stay in tact. This is a haunted house, don't go in. You've been warned.........
Pros
Stimulating work, once you know what your doing, helping clientele, using empathy and compassion, social impact, and the benefits are pretty good.
Cons
It is the devils work... because of soul-less management, hostile environment, getting sick from working with such negativity.
Professional office with great people
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 28, 2015
The office I work in is a great place to work. My co-workers are dedicated to help those who are applying for government benefits such as food stamps and cash aid. My job is to process electronic benefit applications and route them to the workers. I also process and distribute electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards to customers. The hardest part of my job is to meet people who are out of work and have never applied for benefits before. Some of them have been in tears. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great group of people.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No enough overtime
one of the lowest paying counties, worst management
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJanuary 27, 2015
management personnel are rejects from other counties because no one wants to work there and if they are any good they are looking to move on immediately. Job security is a joke, no materials to work with because they dont have money, only benefit is time off, you get every other friday off. bottom line is if you take a job there use it to get a better job somewhere else.
Pros
days off, ok benefits
Cons
poor job security, county is always broke and looking at layoffs
Very demanding job
Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  County of RiversideJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day at work would include approximately 6 interviews with customer applying for welfare benefits, approving / denying pending cases, returning / answering 30-50 phone calls. Handling any customers that work in with emergencies ( being homeless for example). The hardest part of the job is that it never ended, even on the weekend you knew the work was just piling up. The most enjoyable part, that would be on a rare occasion when you would actually get a card, or call from someone saying, you really help me at the worst time in my life. I learned a lot working here. I learned not to judge, to have patience, and to be thankful for my job.
Pros
all government holidays and weekends off
Cons
work never stopped coming in
Disorganized management leads to inconsistent results.
HR analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 10, 2014
Large workload and long hours. Management has problems balancing workload, so employees expected to pick up the slack. The company is slow to respond to feedback and the bottom line is more important than employee satisfaction. Certain groups have low morale and distrust with senior management.
Pros
Okay benefits, federal holidays off, knowledgable co-workers
Cons
Long hours, not being able to take time off, you can kiss your social life goodbye
Strong Fear Factor Version of Management
Staff Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 22, 2014
Frequent turn over of staff, management covers up their mistakes and blames it on anyone else except senior management. Stay away if you are knowledgeable, honest and have integrity. Terrible place to work. Lots of nepotism and unfair labor practices. The concept of what they have for the company is very different with what is actually implemented.
benefits
Cons
no staff, no time off, micromanagement, unprofessional, mass confusion, and an administration characterized by excessive red tape and routine.
a great enviroment to work in friendly anc caring people
Eligibility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 29, 2016
co workers were great always willing to go above and beyond for customers and other co workers. the job was fast paced but very enjoyable and rewarding
If you have nothing good to say, its best to say nothing at all
Principal Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Labor and employee relations constantly putting out fires; watching your back; taking blame for others mistakes;
Management was antiquated, and lacked ingenuity
Must be politically saavy;
Co workers couldn't trust; fearful and suppressed;
Taking knives out of your back and others; difficult coming in from an Ethics background into an environment that was clueless.
I enjoyed absolutely nothing but the pay.
Pros
great benefits and pay.
Cons
horrible management and lack of integrity, accountability.
Love this Job
Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 20, 2016
The County of Riverside is a great place to work and recommend it to anyone. It is a really friendly environment, everyone is so encouraging and I am thrilled to be working with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9