County of Riverside Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work and advance.
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 8, 2015
I love work for the county of Riverside. Everyone is always so willing to help you. There is always room for growth and you will NEVER get bored. You are busy from the time you get here BUT, it helps the day go by that much faster.
Pros
Helpful and encouraging people, great attmosphere, fast pace, room for advancing.
exhaustion
Temporary Assistant / Election Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 28, 2015
this job was learning experience for me about the voting process in the county and in California. Management was great about breaks and lunches . Management would not want employees to keep working unless they take their breaks and lunches
Pros
relaxation
Cons
short breaks
The Best Job I have ever had!!!
Grounds Worker (Lead) / Event Attendee (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 27, 2015
Great people, great hours and wonderful on advancement with in the company. Working out doors and supervising events was a lot of fun. Wedding events were by far my favorite.
ounty of Riverside
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  county of riversideSeptember 7, 2015
I enjoy doing what I do it things I learn everyday. I hope in the years to come I will continue beign a care taker and work with the public.
Great government job!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaSeptember 3, 2015
Absolutely loved the CoR, the team was amazing and management was excellent! Working for the government is secure and not much change will affect you which is beneficial, also there is definitely room for advancement.
Every department is unique and valuable to the publics needs
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RiversideAugust 25, 2015
Every experience was a great learning experience and additional stepping stones to my goals. Will continue to recommend others to work within the County of Riverside. I have enjoyed working with all my colleges and the clients. Benefits and retirement are great. Paid holidays always a plus................
Busy office
Assessor Clerk Recorder Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2015
Working for the Riverside County was an experience I will never forget. I would open mail and pass out to different sections, scan documents so the public would be able to view the documents. Etc
SOCIAL WORKER IV (Current Employee) –  Riverside CAAugust 15, 2015
Great to work with Mental Health Department. safe environment where people can talk freely and complained if things are overwhelming.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no time for breaks
Lean patience, to be a good communicator. Be organize and clean. interpersonal communication is a must.
In home services (Current Employee) –  Palm SpringsJuly 20, 2015
Lean patience, to be a good communicator.
Be organize and clean.
interpersonal communication is a must.
Great place its like living with a grandparent.
All they need is someone to talk to.
A nice place to work
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2015
County of Riverside, Department of Public Health was a nice place to work. It was filled with friendly people and the work was consistent. I learned v lookup and pivot tables in Excel. There was no part of the job that was hard. The most enjoyable part was to analyze data and process invoices.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
9/80 schedule
great job that utilizes team work
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 8, 2015
typical work day get the assignment do the job help others if done early go home at end of shift. loved this company wish i could have stayed longer then the assigned six months
Pros
retirement
Cons
temporary assignments
Poor management - The County needs Help (Training)
Temporary Assignment Program (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 29, 2015
I truly have a better understanding of why the people who work in Public Service agencies like DMV have such bad attitudes...a combination of being subjected to poor management and unrealistic expectations can make even the most friendly, customer-centric person lose focus.
Manager 101 Training will go a long way...
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Love Atmoshere
Caregiver (CNNA) (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 7, 2015
I love helping others. I enjoyed being there for individuals who really needed the help. I had clients which had schizophrenia, Bi- Polar, Paralyzed etch.
Pros
Gret work environment, leaneant with school schedule
Cons
None, wanted to stay longer
Professional office with great people
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 28, 2015
The office I work in is a great place to work. My co-workers are dedicated to help those who are applying for government benefits such as food stamps and cash aid. My job is to process electronic benefit applications and route them to the workers. I also process and distribute electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards to customers. The hardest part of my job is to meet people who are out of work and have never applied for benefits before. Some of them have been in tears. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great group of people.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No enough overtime
Great concept on paper not followed in real life
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  BanningMay 28, 2015
County of Riverside has a great concept on paper. However, I can say from experience that none of the management team follows either program. The company could be great if money didn't come before all else. They state they put their employees first and value employee retention but sadly that is not the case.
Intersing as this a new field for me.
Health Service Assitant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 27, 2015
Working with parents and children together is a challenge, however I am always up to a great challenge. This position required much composure and confidentiality . I was taught both from many of my participants. Making sure the children had their needs met made this job not only fun but quite rewarding. The co-workers are great team players and coaches as this is a new position for me.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Not enough knowledge of this position for me.
different locations
through out the county (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
always learning something new abut different facilities in the riverside county area and this county is huge lots of decent people in and around the facilities engineers ect
Depressing place to work
Childrens Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 15, 2015
Duties included working with troubled kids from all over the tri state area. Sad stories of things that happened to these children. Pay was not great either. Management was horrible.
The stress management place on you is unbelievable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 12, 2015
I worked there full-time for many years. Leadership is ineffective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. County of Riverside does not care about its employees, their only focus is on the money. They have bully bosses and promote hostile work environments for staff.
Pros
Retirement and health plans.
Cons
Too many to list...
Management needs major improvement
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 12, 2015
hardest part of the job is not getting positive feedback from management, seems like all we hear is how we could have done something better

most enjoyable .. my co workers
Pros
diverse clientele
Cons
management very seldom get the training they need, do not support the employees, controlling or get out atmosphere