County of Riverside

County of Riverside Employer Reviews

Shady!
Accountant I (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the friendships i've made will last a lifetime.
Cons: high turnover. must compromise values to get ahead. unfairness.
Management tends to play favorites. If you are open to compromising your values and sucking up to higher ups then this is the job for you. If you are someone with morals and values, then this may not be the right place. I have noticed some shady behavior and have spoke to management about it but they started writing me up because I opened my mouth. – more... Management here are sharks and lack values and will do whatever they possibly can to make your life as stressful as possible. The environment is so toxic on so many levels, that it would take a lifetime to understand why the County of Riverside is the way it is. – less
Disorganized management leads to inconsistent results.
HR analyst (Current Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: okay benefits, federal holidays off, knowledgable co-workers
Cons: long hours, not being able to take time off, you can kiss your social life goodbye
Large workload and long hours. Management has problems balancing workload, so employees expected to pick up the slack. The company is slow to respond to feedback and the bottom line is more important than employee satisfaction. Certain groups have low morale and distrust with senior management.
Rewarding
Legal Support Assistant II-C (part-time/temporary) (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: each day was filled with a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Cons: red tape.
I learned so much while working with the County of Riverside and interacted with many other departments and people.
Insruance Biller (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 8, 2014
Great place to work. office environment was fun. The work was rewarding to me and improved skills. I earned that when you work hard you are rewarded.
poor management
Eligibility Worker I (Current Employee), Cathedral City, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: not one thing about this company!
Cons: every single thing about this company!
i work for this company for many years. i never get promotion. the only way to get another position is if you kiss the boots of management.
"Low values"
Police Officer (Current Employee), CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrid upper management, lack of ethics
I like my day to day routine as an officer but this is a typical government organization which means that it doesnt matter how much hard work you put in, as long as you know the big shots at the very top. i have seen coworkers who suck up to management practically get away with anything there heart desires. if you are genuinely a hard worker and don't – more... have a kiss butt relationship with management then you are as good as dirt. coworkers are not into working as a team and are very nasty and cut throat as are upper management. it is a "kill or be killed" mentality which makes the County of Riverside what it truly is. – less
They have absolutely no compassion or concern for their employees.
Childrens Social Worker (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: a job in the social service industry
Cons: management has no idea what they are doing, won't stand up for you, job security always at risk, micromanaging, condescending management styles, no loyalty or longevity
Management is the very worst and lacks empathy. You should stay away from Riverside County Social Services unless you want to work for a company that threatens to fire you every other week and your boss yells and talks down to you for every little thing you do. I work here and it is a living nightmare! They need to learn how to treat the people that – more... work for them. I think they should look into why there is such a vast turn over rate.

Horrible! Very unorganized and very unprofessional management. Extremely rude. Would NOT recommend! – less
Can gain experience
LVN (Former Employee), Riverside, CaliforniaSeptember 28, 2014
Very busy facility. Can gain needed experience. Management not very supportive. You are basically on your own.
County, County, County
Office Assistant II - Bilingual (Former Employee), Jurupa, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: best boss
Cons: administration is rocky
I loved my job at the county, it was amazing to learn so much about animal services. The only problem was the administration, they were too worried about making money but never followed the rules. Why have them?
Legal
Judicial Office Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
I loved working at the District Attorney's Office and then the Traffic Court in Moreno Valley.
Since I was hired part time I did not receive benefits and had to move out of state.
Working Within the Community - Public Health
Health Services Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: interacting within the community
Cons: high cost of healthcare benefits
I like working within the community helping others to achieve healthy lifestyles. It is very rewarding to interact with others as well as collaborate with organizations to learn how to help others who are less fortunate in lower income areas. This is the most enjoyable part of my job. However, I am stifled in my current job situation within nutrition – more... because I have not obtained my food services degree to become a dietician. I have over 10 years experience within the field of nutrition, but management has changed the criteria in allowing employees to promote without a nutrition education degree. The hardest part is dealing with the political atmosphere and nature within the county departments. – less
A good job to work when its hot.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), 92509September 16, 2014
Pros: possible hours
Cons: possible no hours
I did not get scheduled many hors as some of the other workers. So cant say what a typical day was. I was sent to another location which was a far richer experience with moral.
GREAT JOB!
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT PROGRAM (Former Employee), elections assistantSeptember 11, 2014
very professional
great environment
great pay
100% enjoyable
Change agent and results driven Information Security Officer with 14 years of diverse and challenging information security background
Information Security Officer (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 10, 2014
• Spearheading enterprise governance, risk and compliance programs, producing business-centric risk metrics for 53 county departments, while protecting 20,000 users and 100,000 IT assets.
• Directing global cyber security centers, providing first responder support and executive coordination on data breaches and security incidents in local, state and – more... federally regulated environments.
• Building privacy and security centers of excellence from the ground up, resulting in constituent satisfaction and securing over $4,000,000 of incentives for the organization. – less
Not a very productive working environment as most individuals place importance on everything else first and their work last.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 26, 2014
Majority of fellow employees on my team appear to take their jobs for granted and really don't appreciate being employed or willing to be responsible. The lead person is not qualified for a position of leadership as he is very inexperienced in this type of work, gives wrong advice and is a mediocre lead person at best.
clean hospital
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Banning, CAAugust 19, 2014
lots of work to do , keep your day going fast , very nice coworker
Fast paced and busy
Admissions & Collections Clerk (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 6, 2014
I enjoy my job and what I do, I enjoy helping the patients and the staff.
I only worked through the TAP program.
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Hemet CaAugust 4, 2014
I really enjoyed my coworker in this job, I only worked as a Temp and wasn't there very long. It was the first time I had worked in mental health/substance abuse. It was interesting, and at one time I considered changing my major, but decided to stick with what I've been doing.
Excellent Work Environment With Flexible Hours
Caregiver (Current Employee), Desert Hot SpringsJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: hard to make a salary that a person can survive on
Excellent Company to work for, I kept this job all through high school and after, Great for medical benefits but lack upward mobility in the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Health Services Assistant (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: gaining knowledge and skills
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job is patient care and interactions with co-workers.