COUNTY OF SAN BERNARDINO Employee Reviews

Mail room, reception
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Most enjoyable part was my co workers. Work was was easy..day went by fast, Got stressful, but I would go back if I could. I got all my office experience from them.
A companionship
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Etiwanda, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I was my Grandmothers home health aide, it was a bittersweet experience however, day to day there was lots of joy, my job duties where to bathe, feed , manage her vital signs and report anything unusual to the hospice nurse who would come at night.
Pros
spending quality time with my client
Cons
In hospice any day can be their last
Largest employer in the area providing multiple health services.
Health Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Excellent place to work with a very interesting culture. Each department has it owns culture and dynamic. Highly demanding working pace, excellent benefits.
TAD Life
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 28, 2015
The environment was family oriented. We spend so many hours at work and your coworkers feel like your family. The companies #1 main objective was to provide insane customer service and thats what we did.
Challenging career
Welfare Assistant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 19, 2015
Fast paced environment with ever changing assignments. Good training provided. rewarding by having the ability to assist families in need of assistance with both medical and food needs.
Count of San bernardino
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 19, 2015
It was very nice working for the county of San Bernardino.
I got to driver all over the IE and in types of hours that they asked me to driver .
Great place to work to help people.
Employment Service Specialist Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 14, 2015
I work to help the public with different resources such as resumes, job leads and etc. I enjoy working with my peers and my supervisors are great.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
short breaks
Good place for career learning.
Probation Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 6, 2015
Your position is your position. It is up to you to request additional training to advance your career. Once in the County it is easier to move around to different positions. You are truly a number and are reminded by the supervisors that you can be replaced by someone else at any time. Keeping yourself busy was not difficult as you were able to do many different tasks within your unit. Time off was difficult to get even if you had the time on the books due to others having more seniority. Intrusive into your personal life.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Difficult family/work management.
Office Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CaSeptember 19, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the County. There were lots of places where you could potentially work and opportunities to advance. It was were at the time, I thought I was going to stay and retire. The hardest part was leaving.
Great expericence
Office Wex Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. Management is awesome. Working for the county has been a great experience.
Accts Receivables
Fiscal Clerk (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoJuly 26, 2015
Loved working here as a Temp employee. Worked there for six months, and went on to other temp positions. Learned their database system and collected some back owed money thru receivables.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Tried to get hired permanently.
Productive and professional experience
BASW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work was quite unexpected, but in a good way. I learned everything there is to know about case management and how a Social Worker works. The management was great, everyone at this program was always willing to learn, everyone worked as a team and were there for each other. The most difficult part of the job was unexpected schedules, because each of us had to multitask and make time to do paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job was was getting to work with the clients on one on one occasions; also working closely with the Sheriff's Department and other agencies/programs.
Pros
Having the opportunities to advance; attending trainings and meetings.
Great learning and growing experience
Wex Clerk (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 6, 2015
I am happy to have the opportunity to work here. I gained a lot of knowledge from my co-workers and also the customers. Management would always take care of any problems. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone in need due to government guidelines. Being able to help someone or hearing that they gained employment, this was very rewarding.
Great job, enjoyed Probation Department
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 10, 2015
Learned to work with both Federal and State grants, my co-workers were team players. Daily interaction with vendors and other departments.
Pros
always a challenge
Cons
drive from Victorville
Good Organization
Eligibility Worker II (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 6, 2015
Be prepared to work everyday. Have patience and you cannot take things and people personal. The best thing about my job is I love helping others.
It was a work environment which gave me the opportunity to further develop my office, interpersonal, various computer applications skills.
WEX Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaJune 3, 2015
My work responsibilities included Data Entry, Composing documents and letters with Word, utilizing PDF. files, filing personal and confidential documentation, creating Excel spreadsheets, using Outlook for email and shared systems filing, ordering supplies through the Staples catalog, answering telephones, delivering documentation to other County locations.

The most difficult part of the job is that it was easy, and I was limited to tasks that I could finish quickly, while not being allowed to undertake more advanced projects.

This office was very careful to prevent employees from working outside of their job classification.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the creation of Excel, Word projects, general computer applications, and assisting the public via the telephone.
Fun but crazy Government Job
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 14, 2015
Sometimes there is a ton to do and other times very little. Customer support is essential and rules need to be followed to the T. Good place to work but promotions are truly based on who you know.
Pros
excellent retirement options
Cons
MGMT
N/A
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 25, 2015
A very fast paced environment. I enjoyed most of my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was handling the turnover in staff.
fun place to work ,but it is a lot of work that has to be done at a fast pace
Clerical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAApril 23, 2015
it was a great learning experience I enjoyed the staff as well as the daily customers it was always something different that had to be done
the home was nice with a beautiful garden
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 17, 2015
I would help the cient with house hold duties and daily living . I learned patients. management was nice . The hardest part of the job was when a client pass away.

4.3