County of San Bernardino Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of my job
Office Clerk in training (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 29, 2017
I loved working at this facility. I wish I could of gotten a full time position. Was a wonderful place to work. Management was really good. Got a lot of experience
Pros
Learned alot room to grow
Cons
was a temp positon
I loved my job
BMC Control-D Software Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 22, 2017
I enjoyed my position at the County. The management was not very strong. They were friend driven and showed favoritism quite often. Instead of researching a problem they would point fingers. You could be written up for not attending pot lucks. It was somewhat like attending kindergarten on a daily basis.
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
no professionalism
Lots of different opportunities but need to be patient
Deputy Public Defender Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 18, 2017
I love working with the County of San Bernardino but I would like to obtain a position as a paralegal. I currently work as a "contractor" with the county and looking that the right permanent position.
Fast pace
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 18, 2017
Working for the county I enjoy working with a diverse population. The county has so much to offer to the community. Helping and informing people with needs there might be help from the county gave me great satisfaction.
Nice place to work
PWE II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 16, 2017
Good balanced workload. Supervisor is knowledgeable and good mentor. Lot of opportunities for promotion. Good benefit packages and job security. Peers are nice too.
Enjoyed working with familes and the community
Preschool Services Department Center Clerk (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAOctober 15, 2017
Answer busy phones, greet the public, daily child attendance reporting, monthly state and federal reporting, attending parent meetings and work the policy counsel on preparing meetings, prepared staff agendas, safety monitor for the staff and children
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Compensation, staffing
Good working environment
Office Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 5, 2017
Developed strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with diverse customers and internal staff members. Solid computer skills utilized in the preparation of correspondence, documents and spreadsheets. Proven ability to collate and organize large amounts of data efficiently. Awesome experience with the County of San Bernardino.
Its a great place to work
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CASeptember 29, 2017
This is a good company, I would recommend working for the county as they have a lot of benefits. Many positions available year round, new postings of jobs every monday.
Pros
Great benefits
Very Stressful
Clerk II/Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CASeptember 28, 2017
It is great when you put a smile on client face after benefits are approved. It is a very stressful job because you must meet state and county regulations in a timely manner.
If you do not want to advance
Library Assistant/ Literacy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yucaipa, CASeptember 19, 2017
Through the library system the county does not offer pay advancement for the work that is expected. Job performance is beyond critical and receiving praise for a job well done is rare. Alternatively, marking one's faults is highlighted and the focus with supervising staff.
Pros
time off, holiday recognition, peer environment
Cons
focus on the negativity of one's performance, not working to develop people, no job advancement without 'knowing' someone.
Self Employed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CASeptember 18, 2017
I was a caregiver for two small children. The hours depended on the parents work schedule. I was not given any benefits. It was a temporary job for me, due to the fact I wanted to be a stay at home mom for my three children.
relaxing day at the park
General Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 13, 2017
Clocked in and prepared for my day. Checked on campers and campsite before opening the park. Set up to open the park. Did day to day routines. Checked on backside of park to make sure no one there when closing.
Pros
relaxing and worked 10 hr days
Management weekly meetings improved effective communication
Fiscal Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 31, 2017
Company operations Review Summary
1. A typical day at work 1b. Processing accounts payables and receivables
Demand for bank reconciliation or financial statement
2. What you learned 2b. Reviewed contract agreement and claims to match approved payments. Submit management information on time.
3. Management 3b. Business operating activities under supervision of the managing director in authority of County Government Laws, rules and regulations.
4. Workplace culture 4b. Staff working relations in alignment with Government Laws, rules and regulations.
5. The hardest part of the job 5b. Effective public relationships with respect to new rules and regulations in revenue increase and or decrease in claims payments.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job 6b. Pay check by direct deposit to personal account in the banks.
Pros
Healthcare management
Cons
Short breaks need improvement
Cares about their employees.
WEX CLERK (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2017
All employees - regardless of position, strived to complete goals and surpassed them. Very organized and management were hands on. Cross training provided with qualified trainers. Questions are always answered and research given if requested.
Pros
Cross training provided.
Poor Management
Backup Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 21, 2017
Management does not listen to their employees. Morale is extremely low. Management is more interested in productivity at any cost. They put on a fake persona. We as employees get written up for not following the rules but when we do management does not back you up to adhere to the same rules.
cashier
Nutrition Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 16, 2017
Most of the days I would cashier, serve customers helping them if it. The management was always unorganized, lack of employees made this job abit stressfull.
Great Job Program to gain additional experience
WEX Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 11, 2017
Being in a temporary job position with the county I had the opportunity to learn a lot and add extra work experience to my resume. Everyone I worked with in the county was helpful, very kind, and highly encouraging.
Stressful place
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 5, 2017
The people are nice but the "county" mentality is wearing. Just about every employee feels they are entitled to something. The benefits are great and so is the pay. Advancement is difficult due to limited movement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
"County mentality"
Good Experience
Legal Document Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 25, 2017
The County of San Bernardino is fair employment opportunity. It didn't work out for me personally but for many it is security. Management in the department I was in was not a fair or reasonable person. But it was a good opportunity. For someone in the mortgage industry I learned things that were pertinent to the future endeavors.
Pros
You get all the holidays
Cons
Short breaks, micro managed, unhappy environment
productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 21, 2017
managed mailroom
learned multitasking and time management
coworkers helped each other
most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and the comunity
Pros
great work experience
Cons
no benifits