County of San Bernardino Employee Reviews in United States

good choice
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 22, 2016
I really enjoy my time hear it was very beneficial to getting me started with my career choice for my future. Everyday was good for me here.
Professional environment
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 21, 2016
The County of San Bernardino is a professional environment to work in. The employees are knowledgeable, and are team players, working well together.
Productive and Welcoming
Office Clerical (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAApril 15, 2016
I learned that you have to have a lot of patience, being friendly, and handle heavy work load, making sure that you communicate well with others. I love working with my co-workers team work is great. The most enjoyable part of work is doing my job and helping others. A typical day at work would be when someone calls of from work and you have to cover them and also what you have to do.
Wonderful work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work was very fulfilling. I learned patience and compassion. Management and my co workers were just great. The hardest part of my job was working most holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing hope and appreciation in the eyes of my patients.
Stuck in my position
Sr. Collections Officer/Deputy Tax Collector (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 8, 2016
I accepted this job in order to gain a foot in the door with San Bernardino County. My main purpose for this was to eliminate my commute and be closer to my children for their school and sports activities . I feel that my talents and knowledge are severely under-utilized in this position however there seems to be limited to no opportunities for advancement in my career path
Pros
9/80 work schedule . 7:30 to 5:15 M-F with every other friday and weekends off
Cons
Limited opportunities in my career
was very hard work ,but in the end of the day you be happey that you finished what you have to
Water Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 30, 2016
was aver all a job you have to do ,some time you work very late night to fix things but when you get it done with your team you feel so good about yourself .
San Bernardino County
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 21, 2016
San Bernardino County I was a receptionist and helped customers with applications and also did finger printing and pictures and mailroom sorting mail to the correct departments and out going mail. Mangement was great and very understanding. Training was good and busy.
Pros
safe and learning
Cons
not permanant
fast paced
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 15, 2016
take 5+ appointments a day and always busy, day goes by very fast, like the variety of work involved. see a wide range of people, very interesting work
Pros
great management
Cons
mean clients
I like helping people. I love children
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed this job working with the child. I learned how these little ones act especially when they do not get their way. This is a lifelong experience being that I have 7 adult children and 7+ grandchildren
Pros
Learning about the llittle ones
Cons
The pay was never on time.
Mail room, reception
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Most enjoyable part was my co workers. Work was was easy..day went by fast, Got stressful, but I would go back if I could. I got all my office experience from them.
A companionship
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Etiwanda, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I was my Grandmothers home health aide, it was a bittersweet experience however, day to day there was lots of joy, my job duties where to bathe, feed , manage her vital signs and report anything unusual to the hospice nurse who would come at night.
Pros
spending quality time with my client
Cons
In hospice any day can be their last
Largest employer in the area providing multiple health services.
Health Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Excellent place to work with a very interesting culture. Each department has it owns culture and dynamic. Highly demanding working pace, excellent benefits.
TAD Life
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 28, 2015
The environment was family oriented. We spend so many hours at work and your coworkers feel like your family. The companies #1 main objective was to provide insane customer service and thats what we did.
Challenging career
Welfare Assistant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 19, 2015
Fast paced environment with ever changing assignments. Good training provided. rewarding by having the ability to assist families in need of assistance with both medical and food needs.
Count of San bernardino
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 19, 2015
It was very nice working for the county of San Bernardino.
I got to driver all over the IE and in types of hours that they asked me to driver .
Great place to work to help people.
Employment Service Specialist Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 14, 2015
I work to help the public with different resources such as resumes, job leads and etc. I enjoy working with my peers and my supervisors are great.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
short breaks
Good place for career learning.
Probation Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 6, 2015
Your position is your position. It is up to you to request additional training to advance your career. Once in the County it is easier to move around to different positions. You are truly a number and are reminded by the supervisors that you can be replaced by someone else at any time. Keeping yourself busy was not difficult as you were able to do many different tasks within your unit. Time off was difficult to get even if you had the time on the books due to others having more seniority. Intrusive into your personal life.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Difficult family/work management.
Office Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CaSeptember 19, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the County. There were lots of places where you could potentially work and opportunities to advance. It was were at the time, I thought I was going to stay and retire. The hardest part was leaving.
Great expericence
Office Wex Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. Management is awesome. Working for the county has been a great experience.
Accts Receivables
Fiscal Clerk (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoJuly 26, 2015
Loved working here as a Temp employee. Worked there for six months, and went on to other temp positions. Learned their database system and collected some back owed money thru receivables.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Tried to get hired permanently.

4.2