County of San Bernardino Employee Reviews

Many opportunites
Fiscal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 2, 2017
Since there are many different departments within the county it offers many different job opportunities. However there does not seem a great opportunity to advance.
Acquired numerous skills
Receptionist/Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for the county, during my time I was awarded with two outstanding customer service acknowledgments. Unfortunately, the position was a year-long contract.
Place to learn what kind of peolpe are out there
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 24, 2017
you see people that have scammed the system and now need to pay back what was received. Many different stories as to why they have not said anything to worker for them to still receive money from the county.
Pros
Seeing investigators going out to check on people
Productive,fast pase,Helping
Office Technician (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 22, 2017
My experience at the county of San Bernardino was excellent. I help many people with different personality's, disability's, Veterans, i loved to help my customer's as much as i can.
Pros
Free pot lucks
Cons
N/A
Great employee rapport
Employment Service Specialist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 21, 2017
This position requires a consistent dedication to helping others and the ability to maintain a positive demeanor to motivate customers to live a better life.
good job
Building Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Working for the county, it was a good job but not alot of opportunity for advancement. Typical day consisted of operation and maintenance of multiple facilities.
great benifits
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 3, 2017
good benefits, pay could be better. Friendly staff always had supplies. when needed supervisor would respond and speak to patients. Patients come first.
Excellent learning environment
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 31, 2016
Great place to collect hours and learn comprehensive skills. Flexible hours and advancement opportunities. Typical days don't really apply at CCRT due to an ever changing workload.
fun workplace
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 16, 2016
the job here is very interesting i wrok with peolpe that are willing to work and some are really difficult to work with.the hardest part of the job is dealing with angry cutomers and sometimes difficult supervisors and co workers
In home
Assisting patient (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 14, 2016
I worked with one client, so I did not work with other employees. They pay could have been better for what we did for the clients and they process on how we did our time cards could have been much better.
Pros
No managers
Cons
Time cards process was bad
Productive and enjoyable
Public Works Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 19, 2016
Great employees, organized and structured. Started more than 10 years ago, employees have excellent customer service, respect, integrity, support, and excellence.
Pros
Structrured and organized
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Great Boss, Wonderful support, Great Training, Great Staff
Administrative Supervising Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CASeptember 15, 2016
This is the first time had ever worked in Mental Health. It is completely different from medical practices. There coding system is different and they have very very strict privacy guidelines. Our building alone was 110,000 square feet. Both adults and children programs were served in that building. In addition to alcohol and drug counseling.

My job was through subordinate supervisors that reported to me was, supervise the clerical staff in this building and at the other clinics that were in other parts of the County. My job was to ensure that all data entry for all of the billing was done timely and correctly.
I wrote policy and procedure for clerical staff, held staff meetings. Provided staff development training either individually or in groups.
Supported 6 program managers and wrote business process for their programs. Attended their staff meetings. I also wrote the Clerical manual and implemented it for the clerical staff.

I reviewed and approved all time sheet, comp time, wrote and/or approved work performance evaluations. I was on several committees to improve production, prepare for yearly State Audit, and participated in the Safety Committee for Disaster or Trauma.

The hardest part of my job was ensuring every clinic ran smoothly and any issues were handled professionally and in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of my job was observing clients begin to get well and smile again, and participate in life.
Pros
Excellent benefits, salary and leave time
Cons
overload of hard copy paperwork that could have been save in computer file.
Professional Growth
Communicable Disease Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 23, 2016
During my 25 years with this employer i was given the opportunity to grow professionally and afforded n education. I loved being part of this team of people wh cared about their jobs
Great place for career advancement and consistency
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJuly 22, 2016
I learned skills I will be able to take with me for any job I apply for. A typical day at work was very busy and kept me organized, and very detail oriented. My co-workers were helpful sometimes when we were able to work in groups. For the most part we worked independently.
Working here has been great
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CaliforniaJuly 7, 2016
I have learned many things here. The people who work here are top notch. The office environment is great. If I have a question everyone is willing to answer. The supervisors are all available and easy to approach. The main manager is easy to follow. He knows what needs to be done and approaches us with confidence, strength and knowledge. He also is very friendly and approachable.
Always learning!
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2016
San Bernardino County was a great learning experience!
At the department I worked for, a typical day consisted of answering a lot of phone calls, directing phone calls to appropriate staff, a lot of computer work, interaction with clients.
Pros
Benefits, Weekends off, Flex Days.
Cons
short staffed
its fun to work at
Wex Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 25, 2016
its a good company to start at but not to grow in because there's not many opportunities. the department is interesting because you get to learn about what the department does.
A productive, rewarding, and fun experience, especially playing the many board games that the client had.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 29, 2016
As I did not work in any of the county facilities, I have nothing but good things to say about people that came to the client's home. I never had to want for whatever was needed to do my job.
Pros
Excellent employee support system
Cons
I really cannot say anything that would be a negative, of San
good choice
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 22, 2016
I really enjoy my time hear it was very beneficial to getting me started with my career choice for my future. Everyday was good for me here.
Professional environment
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 21, 2016
The County of San Bernardino is a professional environment to work in. The employees are knowledgeable, and are team players, working well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of San Bernardino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2