County of San Diego Employee Reviews in United States

What i loved about it was just being around her an giving her the attention that she needed we enjoyed our time together.
Home Instead Senior Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2016
I was very productive and worked at ease i learned to be very patient and it was very humbling for me i didn't have a boss or someone to tell me how to do my job.I would only get reviewed once a year and if i any kind of problems i would contact the case worker it was a very simple and laid back job i never had any kind of problems because i was always professional about my job.
Pros
I would cook and wash and we would run her errands go to doctor appointments.
Cons
I had my breaks an my lunch time it was very pleasent working with her.
Human Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2016
The County of San Diego, overall is an employer who is a good place to work at with good benefits. Co-workers in general are nice.
Learning, problem solving, challenges and differences are what I get great fulfillment in my job.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 1, 2016
My typical day at work consist of public/staff encounters; data entry; assessing paperwork.
What I learned is how to challenge myself.
Supervisor is wonderful!
My co-workers have different perspectives which I have enjoyed working with.
The hardest part of the job is that I have out grown my position.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing recourses to customers/staff and problem solving.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Not enough positions in the North County area.
I thoroughly enjoyed the customer service experience and the personal satisfaction of helping others in the library
Library Technician I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of this job especially serving the public, locating information and reading materials while assisting children in the use and pleasure of a public library, the hands on experience of reading a book and the reading programs.
My co-workers and the management team were always willing and available to assist and work together on projects and assignments.
Sometimes, the hardest part was just the maintenance of library materials such as a lot of sorting and shelving. I would've enjoyed learning a little more about cataloging, reference work and being involved in more reading programs for the children.
Overall, though, my time working at a public library was very personally satisfying and an enjoyable experience. I wish I could've stayed and advanced my career.
Pros
Personal satisfaction of serving library patrons, passing along information, assisting in enriching the lives of others through literacy.
Cons
Perhaps a little less sorting and shelving
County of San Diego
Correctional Deputy Probation Officer II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2016
Overall typical county employer with standard benefits and retirement fund. Need a degree to have more opportunity for grow in the departments.
Pros
structured.
Cons
difficult to advance.
Fun Environment
Protective Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 17, 2016
A good place to work, the benefits are excellent. The work is challenging, yet rewarding. Can be extremely difficult emotionally and can take a toll if there is no work/ life separation. Long hours and endless concerns and safety issues to monitor per client.
Pros
Great Benefits, Career advancement
Cons
Short breaks/No Breaks
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 21, 2016
I was with the County of San Diego for over 6 years and it was the best learning experience for me. Working there, I gained a lot of knowledge in the workforce and was able to adapt very easy.
Productive Workplace
Human Resources Analyst - Risk Management Division (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2016
Overall, a great place to learn and grow. Political connections sometimes used, sometimes things did not make sense, but a very well run, efficient government organization.
Pros
Work Offices
Cons
Political
Na
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Good experience. Good management. Good work environment. Good people. Overall a good experience. It was a good temp job I was able to lean a lot and my skills and training was very useful. Office was neat and fun to work.
Terrible company
Protective Services Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2016
The company closed the schools that I worked at, showing how it was run. It was a for profit school that was paid per student, yet emphasized small classroom size. So it was supposed to be small classrooms but they try to get as many children in because that's how they make money.
Community Health Education and Health Promotion
Community Health Promotion Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2015
The current job focuses on policy, systems and environmental changes in cities and school districts in the county. I work closely with our community partners to build capacity, bridge gaps, support partners and promote the live well san diego vision.
Pros
work from home, strong vision to include community partners
Cons
limited advancement opportunities for MPH trained. staff
Innovative management
IT staff (Former Employee) –  Kearny MesaOctober 13, 2015
Management is willing to adopt useful technology and processes to manage the technology. They are always willing to listen to ideas and implement those ideas when appropriate and practical.
Pros
Most employees and managers are motivated and ambitious
Cons
Some are a bit unmotivated.
Stressful workplace environment
HR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2015
Unsatisfactory experience with no work and life balance. Cannot depend on management to make things better. Everyone just looks the other way and is not held accountable. There is soo much politics that you can't trust anyone. If you speak up and don't go along with what management is implementing, you will be outcasted. There is constant manipulation in the department.
Cons
There is no accountability with management
Performance with minimum supervision, self-starter
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
I was recognized for good job performance and submitting new ideas to improve certain conditions, embrace change, learned how to be a cohesive team player, work under stressful conditions, the ability to build workable relationships, and strived to develop ways to be more efficient in my work productivity.
Pros
Working with a great team.
Cons
Parking space was limited.
Human Services Specialist - Access call center (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2015
Work day consists of providing customer service to residents of San Diego concerning their Calworks, Calfresh and Medi-cal benefits. I was trained in all 3 programs to to knowledgeable of the eligibility requirements needed as well as how to administer any changes needed to each case to adhere to regulations and laws.
Pros
benefits, possibility to promote
Productive, Fun, Fulfilling Experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Project-oriented workplace leading to a fulfilling experience. Working with a collaborative team of passionate, intelligent, and fun individuals strengthened my ability to work independently and with a team and provided an uplifting and positive atmosphere.
Pros
Experience
Cons
n/a
A fun place to be
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work included prepping documentation of clients applying for different stuff at the County in order for their paperwork to be ready for the case workers to decide on their eligibility. The most enjoyable part of was social gathering.
Pros
An easy job to learn and do
Cons
Not well-paid
Registrar of Voters
Registrar of Voter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 6, 2015
Great job, 9-5 Mon-Fri, weekends off and all major holidays. I learned a lot here especially how to deal with unhappy customers and how to get them whatever information they needed. Everyone here was a great asset to the team and we accomplished many goals. During election season it gets really busy and you work long hours but it is a great experience. I really enjoyed working here it taught me behind the scenes of how elections work.
Animal Control Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2015
Great leadership, good benefits, and over good culture. I enjoy working at the county. No day is the same. Management is pretty nice. Co-workers provide family atmosphere
Very Motivated team and goal oriented attitudes
Sewing Machine Operator/Floor manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
I had a good time and learned a lot while working for the county of San Diego. We accomplished a lot of goals issued to our team and were very successful in completing any and all requirements in a timely fashion. Good Teachers and Wonderful attitudes.
Pros
free lunches